EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Maps of major prehistoric sites in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maps of major prehistoric sites in Egypt
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just browsing a website about prehistoric Egypt when I came upon the following series of maps showing major archaeological sites dated to prehistoric times in Egypt. I find these interesting because they show the movement of peoples in Egypt over millennia. I thought I'd share the maps with the Egyptsearch community here.

100,000 BC
 -

40,000 BC
 -

19,000-10,000 BC
 -

8,000-7,000 BC
 -

6,500-5,000 BC
 -

5,000-3,000 BC
 -

Red dots are Paleolithic sites, while green dots are Neolithic sites.

Anything you find in these maps that is worthy of comment?

Posts: 7090 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how the Eurocentric team is going to interpret the fact that most of the prehistoric sites in Egypt, both Paleolithic and Neolithic, are concentrated in the southern half of the country.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7090 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthcentric

Good point. Racists just are afraid to admit the TRUTH. Your maps are clear, most of the sites in Egypt were in the south.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if by any chance most of the sites were in the northern part of Egypt, how would that change the fact that they still represent African culture as Egypt is STILL African! In fact, the very reason that most predynastic cultures ancestral to pharaonic culture lay in the south as far as 'Nubia' is the very reason why white racist loons are now trying to claim Nubians as cacasians and even peoples further south in Ethiopia and Somalia! Racism obviously knows no boundaries.
Posts: 26300 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Even if by any chance most of the sites were in the northern part of Egypt, how would that change the fact that they still represent African culture as Egypt is STILL African! In fact, the very reason that most predynastic cultures ancestral to pharaonic culture lay in the south as far as 'Nubia' is the very reason why white racist loons are now trying to claim Nubians as cacasians and even peoples further south in Ethiopia and Somalia! Racism obviously knows no boundaries.

I wonder what the white racist loons would do if we were ever to travel back in time and photograph the ancient Egyptians themselves, therefore proving beyond doubt their blackness. They would probably feel very depressed.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Exactly, I mean the Stormfron will say the Nubians mixed with the White Egyptians then in the next breath say the Nubians were Caucasian...LMAO.

This is more proof the Egyptian culture and its people are Africans from the south!! Good work Brandon.

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:
quote:

I wonder what the white racist loons would do if we were ever to travel back in time and photograph the ancient Egyptians themselves, therefore proving beyond doubt their blackness. They would probably feel very depressed.
They dont need to go back through time, they only need to go to Egypt.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several observations:

1.A downward migration of dots, red and green, as time progressed. A clear indicator of a downward movement of southern peoples.
2.Non of the neolitic sites around 6,500-5,000 BC grouped along the nile, while most paleolithic sites did.
3.Support for south to north expansion of neolithic sites, as opposed to a spread from the levant, to the south.
4.A huge drop of sites between 19.000-10.000bc and 8000-7000bc, that can be partly explained by the shorter time span of the latter, but I've read about gaps in the archealogical record immediately before the Badarians as well.
5.More sites in Nubia in all pictures, its a tie in the fifth picture (6,500-5,000 BC)
6.Earlier transition into neolithic all the way, and away from paleolitic in lower Nubia
7.Population explosion in lower Nubia in sixth pic? (5,000-3,000 BC)
8.Less sites near the 1st cataracts, corresponding with conflict and depopulation of qustul and A-group?
9.No site corresponding to Nabta Playa? The dot on the fifth picture (6,500-5,000 BC) seems too far to the left, the other dot just a bit lower and nearer to the other green dots might be Nabta, but it seems a bit too far to the right. The available maps don't seem to be too consistend about the exact location, so its hard to tell.
10.When I look at the fifth picture (6,500-5,000 BC) I can see, what researchers meant with:

quote:
Archaeological discoveries reveal that these prehistoric peoples led livelihoods seemingly at a higher level of organization than their contemporaries who lived closer to the Nile Valley.
11.How many of those sites are know beyond just a dot? Like for example how Napta Playa brings about unique associations of cattle burials and large stone compositions that give it a unique identity?
12.There is a difference in the size of the dots (compare 40,000 BC to 100,000 BC), why is that?

Kalonji

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Another thing I find interesting are some of the distributions in the western desert. We all know there were periods of rain and fertility in the Sahara. However, I feel that most work in the adjacent deserts take place in the western desert only. More focus should be in the eastern desert as well and the only Egyptologist I know who recently emphasized this was Toby Wilkinson. Dana Marniche has stressed a mesolithic to neolithic connection between cultures of the eastern deserts of Egypt and those of the Arabian desert just on the other side of the Red Sea and she may very well be correct.
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

Perhaps. Although some like Hammered are in such deep denial to the point of psychosis that if you transport them back in time and have an ancient Egyptian slap them on the faces they will still insist Egyptians are white or K-sians
quote:
Originally posted by Jari-Ankhamun:

Exactly, I mean the Stormfron will say the Nubians mixed with the White Egyptians then in the next breath say the Nubians were Caucasian...LMAO.

This is more proof the Egyptian culture and its people are Africans from the south!! Good work Brandon.

Yes, or as we see on this forum with the likes of Abozo Dirk the Jerk, Nubians are "black" one minut and "caucasian" the next. LOL
Posts: 26300 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com