EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » King Tut Unwrapped

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: King Tut Unwrapped
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So last night (Feb 21) eastern standard time on Discovery channel they aired a 2 part program each part 2 hours long called 'King Tut Unwrapped' where they showed the DNA testing as well as the latest archaeological work to piece together Tut's family and life.

There are several things that I should point out:

First of all, obtaining a sample from Tut was difficult since most of his bone tissue was contaminated by embalming fluids said to be a mixture of honey, beeswax, and natron fluid. It took a while before they were able to find a good sample and purify it.

2nd, even though the mummy of KV55 is unmarked in terms of identity, it is held to be Akhenaton because even though previous studies claimed him to be young looking further studies of his skeleton, particularly his joints reveal characteristics for that of a man in his 40s including osteoarthritis. Also is the fact that DNA from the KV55 mummy points to being the son of Amenhotep III. Not only does the DNA show KV55 being the father of Tut they show a number of striking similarities in craniofacial features including the same size and shape of sutural bones in the lamboidal area which does not usually occur except in the case of direct parental inheritance.

As far as maternity, surprisingly the DNA tests show Fletcher's mummy to be the mother of Tut! Whether this mummy is that of Nefertiti or Kiya remains to be known, but there are those who lean to Nefertiti based on a couple of circumstantial clues including a worn out relief that depicts Nefertiti and Akhenaton with a nurse holding a baby behind them. If Tut is truly Nefertiti's son, then he would be her only son and Tut's wife Ankhesenamun would be his full-blooded sister.

The DNA tests were done primarily by European scientists but with hand-help of Egyptian workers as many of you pointed out before. I don't know the exact relevance of this except that the Egyptian government is the big brother who foresaw everything while they used Europeans to 'legitimize' this research.

There were other archaeological findings about Tut's life that overturn previous thoughts such as Tut being a pawn of Aye and Horemheb and the Amun priesthood, or that Tut never participated in military campaigns. These I will discuss later on in a separate thread.

And of course as with all Discovery programs on ancient Egypt there was the silly reenactments and dramatizations using fair-skinned actors of course. It's funny because the actors for both Amenhotep III and Akhenaton looked like Hawass's cohorts. The actresses who portrayed the queens and other royal women were also fair-skinned but possessed noticeable African features. Tut both the child and adult actor looked like your typical Turkish actor etc.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, I saw it as well.
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuty:
2nd, even though the mummy of KV55 is unmarked in terms of identity, it is held to be Akhenaton because even though previous studies claimed him to be young looking further studies of his skeleton, particularly his joints reveal characteristics for that of a man in his 40s including osteoarthritis. Also is the fact that DNA from the KV55 mummy points to being the son of Amenhotep III. Not only does the DNA show KV55 being the father of Tut they show a number of striking similarities in craniofacial features including the same size and shape of sutural bones in the lamboidal area which does not usually occur except in the case of direct parental inheritance.

Interesting
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike???? I Liiiiike it

quote:
. . . .Tut both the child and adult actor looked like your typical Turkish actor etc.

BTW - I stopped watching after a few minutes. The reenactments were disgusting. At least get people who looked like the AE.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
DNA tests show Fletcher's mummy to be the mother of Tut!
And remember to spite Fletcher Hawass said this mummy was not even a woman. What a dooche!
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this place is turning into a psycho ward. You guys have been blown out of the water. Any shred of credibility has dissolved with the DNA testing. Hell, Yuya was even shown with frickin blonde hair. I guess that was caused by the embalming fluid as well. It is time to grow up and accept personal responsibility and move on.

If your interest is blacks in Africa you are going to have to move on and study Nubia.

Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by astenb:
quote:
DNA tests show Fletcher's mummy to be the mother of Tut!
And remember to spite Fletcher Hawass said this mummy was not even a woman. What a dooche!
LOL.. I remember that. In either case, Nefertiti or otherwise, the woman below was Tut's mother.

-
Discovery Channel Reconstruction...

Worth noting is that Tut's line goes back to Seqenenre Tao the great (who began the campaign to drive the Asiatics out of Egypt) and we know what Harris and Weeks said about him..

quote:
"His entire lower facial complex, in fact, is so different from other pharaohs that he could be fitted more easily into the series of Nubian and Old Kingdom Giza skulls than into that of later Egyptian kings. Various scholars in the past have proposed a Nubian--that is, non-Egyptian--origin for Seqenenra and his family, and his facial features suggest this might indeed be true. If it is, the history of the family that reputedly drove the Hyksos from Egypt, and the history of the Seventeenth Dynasty, stand in need of considerable re-examination"
Also worth noting is that history places Tao's family firmly in Upper Egypt. No anthropological dilemmas are apparent, especially considering that craniometrically, the so-called Nubians and Egyptians weren't mutually exclusive.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sundjata, That picture of Nefertiti is just afrocentric crap. You'll get no media coverage for that garbage any longer. Playtime is over.

Even beore this most people knew that black africans could not have produced a civilization like ancient egypt.

Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
[QB] Sundjata, That picture of Nefertiti is just afrocentric crap.

It's a forensic reconstruction from discovery, the same people you indirectly rely on to support this Aryan nonsense perpetuated by your forum cohorts. Sorry, but that's Tut's mom and as demonstrated above, paternally Tut also descended from a person who Harris and Weeks thought was a "Nubian". [Smile] The charade is over.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Harris and weeks did not have the DNA, we now do. From now on you'll be frozen out of any realistic media coverage. That, my friend, is the bottom line.
Doctoris Scientia
Member # 17454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctoris Scientia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ what DNA, please post some sources from the actual database or scientific journal.

The fact is the sub-clade purposed by several looney internet posters isn't even found in Egypt today, the R clades in Egypt today I beleive are predomiantly found amoung other Africans, i.e. African R.

From the info these bloggers posted Tut's y-dna can be either E3a,E3b, and R1b... PERIOD.

Tut's DNA wouldn't have been released so easily.. if you any of you guys watched the taping, the scientists where no wear near as surprised as they should have been if Tut was in fact Haplogroup R ... they hugged and said congratulations. No "OMFG" or "That's surprising". Hawass didn't publish the DNA results of the 12th Dynasty mummies, so why would he announce Tut's on T.V.

King Tut's momma looks like my Aunti... hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Also... like I said before, have you ever seen a person with hair like that found on Yuya and other mummies. Are you fucking serious, are you suggesting an Aryan invasion.

^ Now that'san idea that won't be broadcasted on T.V.

--------------------
Doctoris Scientia

Posts: 341 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hammered:

this place is turning into a psycho ward. You guys have been blown out of the water. Any shred of credibility has dissolved with the DNA testing. Hell, Yuya was even shown with frickin blonde hair. I guess that was caused by the embalming fluid as well. It is time to grow up and accept personal responsibility and move on.

If it is a psycho ward it is only because of psychos like YOU and other white supremacist loons! How many times do we have to repeat that the DNA only shows familial relations NOT population relations. And not with the blonde mummy thing again. Do I again have to post pics of the redhead and blond Peruvian mummies??!

quote:
If your interest is blacks in Africa you are going to have to move on and study Nubia.
Which makes little difference since Nubians are ethnically and genetically closest to Egyptians as BOTH are indigenous Nile Valley Africans. We've shown you this countless times.
quote:

Sundjata, That picture of Nefertiti is just afrocentric crap. You'll get no media coverage for that garbage any longer. Playtime is over.

I find that hilarious considering that picture of Nefertiti was a reconstruction done by scientists also from BBC/Discovery Channel! Indeed, dreamtime is over for YOU!

quote:
Even before this most people knew that black africans could not have produced a civilization like ancient egypt.
Correction. Delusional idiotic racists denied that Nile Valley civilization or any complex culture in Africa was the result of its native inhabitants. Or are you going to deny all the anthropological and archaeological records.
quote:

Harris and weeks did not have the DNA, we now do. From now on you'll be frozen out of any realistic media coverage. That, my friend, is the bottom line.

Nope. The bottom line is that the DNA results say NOTHING about population relations only family ones! The bottom line is that Harris, Weeks, and all other anthropologists who've studied Egyptian remains including racist ones from the 19 century all agree that the Egyptians are physically most similar to other Northeast Africans like Nubians, Beja, Ethiopians, and Somalis. Of course the racist scholars claimed all these groups including Nubians as "caucasians" which modern anthropology has debunked. Now that we have the DNA, the bottom line is that YOU and your ilk have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide from the inevitable truth of Egyptians BLACK AFRICAN identity!!

If you are confused about the DNA results, I suggest you learn here.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
incorrect. The mark of a true idiot is a person who sees the information, has it explained and cannot answer the question correctly.

Even so, I do not think Jesus Christ in person could bring you aroyund. the reason for that is that the issue to you s not scholaship but rather ideology. One poster here on this board said as much the other day. This episode had dealt your mythology a body blow from which it will never recover.

--------------------
The tree of liberty is watered by the blood of tyrants.

Narmer Menes
Member # 16122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmer Menes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You betcha!
quote:
Potential change to hair color can be explained more scientifically by examining the chemistry of melanin which is responsible for hair color in life. All hair contains a mixture in varying concentration of both black-brown eumelanin and red-yellow phaeomelanin pigments, which are susceptible to differential chemical change under certain extreme burial conditions (for example wet reducing conditions, or dry oxidising conditions). Importantly, phaeomelanin is much more stable to environmental conditions than eumelanin, hence the reactions occurring in the burial environment favor the preservation of phaeomelanin, revealing and enhancing the red/ yellow color of hairs containing this pigment. Color changes occur slowly under dry oxidising conditions, such as in the burials in sand at Hierakonpolis. Whether the conditions within the wood and plaster coffin contributed to accelerated color change, or whether this individual naturally had more phaeomelanin pigmentation in his hair is hard to say without further analysis.
http://www.archaeology.org/interactive/hierakonpolis/field/hair.html

Also...
quote:
The Hair of Earlier Peoples, Don Brothwell and Richard Spearman p427-436 in
Science in Archaeology, eds. D Brothwell and E Higgs 1963

Hair is largely made up of the fibrous protein keratin. This substance is
extremely resistant to decomposition and enzymatic digestion, mainly owing to
the presence of disulphide cross linkages of the amino acid cystine. These join
together the long polypeptide chains of the molecule. If the crosslinkages are
broken by reduction or oxidation, altered keratin is readily attacked by
proteolytic enzymes. This resistance of keratin explains durability of hair in
ancient burials...These changes can occur on the living animal; thus atmospheric
weathering of the fleece of sheep results in loss of cystine from the exposed
tips of the fibres. Permanent waving alters keratin cross linkages, and these
changes have been detected using florescence microscopy. It is probable that if
the preparations employed during mummification contained reducing or oxidizing
agents or alkaline substances the hair keratin would be damaged...
Normal human hair had a bluish-green florescence with acridine orange but
permanently waved hair had a reddish florescence with associated fractures of
the fibres...Hair bleached with hydrogen peroxide also showed this change due to
oxidation of the keratin... in some samples such as Egyptian hair
the whole hair was altered in this way.

Regards...

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
this place is turning into a psycho ward. You guys have been blown out of the water. Any shred of credibility has dissolved with the DNA testing. Hell, Yuya was even shown with frickin blonde hair. I guess that was caused by the embalming fluid as well.

Posts: 365 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know now that you mention it. I remember, back in the day, seeing some Afro-Caribbean peoples with a reddish tinge to their hair. Most of the guys apperently spent a lot of time on the sunny beaches eg fisherman. I remember my relatives telling me that the Sun does that to the hair.

Any experts on this? Meninarmer??

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I don't think it's the sun, as the purpose of eumelanin pigment itself is to protect cells from the sun's rays. I believe it has to do with other environmental factors like perhaps salt from seawater etc. Obviously both the hair color and texture of mummies is not the same as when they were living and for the reasons Narmer and I have explained often.
quote:

incorrect. The mark of a true idiot is a person who sees the information, has it explained and cannot answer the question correctly.

Of course! And that describes YOU to a tee "professor"! For the past decade or so that you spent in this forum we have posted tons of information in your face everyday, yet you deny it simply because it contradicts your debunked and utterly destroyed ideology.
quote:
Even so, I do not think Jesus Christ in person could bring you around. the reason for that is that the issue to you is not scholaship but rather ideology. One poster here on this board said as much the other day. This episode had dealt your mythology a body blow from which it will never recover.
It's funny you should mention Jesus since he and his people the ancient Israelites described the Egyptians as sons of Ham i.e. BLACKS. And call Africa, especially Egypt the 'Land of Ham'. And again you project YOUR issues on to us when you say the issue is not scholarship but ideology, when everything we say here is based on scholarship pure and simple! It is YOU who bases your opinions on ideology! As far as this episode with Tut's DNA, I don't know what "body blow" you are referring to since the DNA findings are about his family relations NOT population ones, however, from what we glean of the STRs used to establish those relations it is still likely that his lineage is AFRICAN! Thus the blow would be to your skull which is likely the reason for your insane delusional denial. [Embarrassed]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Ignoring the rantings of a defeated dunce and getting back to the actual topic...

We know that the male mummy of KV55 is Tut's father though it still isn't certain whether he is Akhenaton since the sarcophagus was unmarked, however many are leaning to that he is. Apparently Fletcher's mummy turns out to be Tut's mother though her coffin is also unmarked so we don't know if it is Nefertiti or Kiya. Again the evidence in favor of Kiya being Tut's mother is circumstantial. Kiya disappears from the record around the exact time that Tut is born leading many to believe she died in childbirth or shortly afterward. There is also items belonging to Kiya are in Tut's tomb. Though the only evidence in support of Nefertiti being the mother is one worn out engraving in KV55 where Nefertiti is standing next to a woman nursing an infant. The woman could be a nurse or she could very well be Kiya who was a secondary wife of Akhenaton. It's possible since Akhenaton needed a male heir to rule the throne, that Kiya became this mother only to die shortly after. By the way, I found it humorous yet shameful that not once during the program was Joanne Fletcher's name mentioned pertaining to the mummy that Discovery made her famous for. [Embarrassed]

Oh, I forgot to mention that among the forensic and DNA findings was that he suffered from malaria, which made his bones weak to begin with so any injury that resulted in infection and sepsis would not be surprising.

Anyway, as I said I found the dramatizations/reenactments to annoying as it was silly. There was one scene where Tut as an adult was being all lovey-dovey with Ankhesenamun showing her how to use a bow-and-arrow. Reality is that as a royal lady, Akhesenamun would have received the same martial training as Tut at least in basic weapon usage, and one scene in the back of Tut's throne shows her aiming a bow without the help of Tut. Also, watching fair-skinned, whitish, women wearing African braided wigs was especially hilarious when my mother remarked why they had black hairstyles (not knowing it was a documentary on ancient Egypt)! LOL

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Okay, so we know that KV55 is Tut's father but the question remains, is he Akhenaten, Smenkhare or someone else. Hawass and apparently everyone in the program called him Akhenaten, however there is no conclusive archaeological evidence to say that he is. His sarcophagus and grave chache were all unlabeled. In my opinion it could just as likely have been Smenkhare who is the brother of Akhenaten as Smenkhare is also suggested to be another son of Amenhotep III and Tiye and all we know is that the DNA (STR) tests confirm that the KV55 mummy is the son of Amenhotep III and the Elder Lady (Tiye).

Akhenaton (?)
 -

reconstruction of KV55 mummy
 -

As you can see above, the reconstruction of KV55 which unfortunately only has a profile view is very similar to an alleged bust of Akhenaten.

As for maternal lineage, I was mistaken after seeing the program again (didn't see all of it the first time). They also used STRs to track maternity instead of mtDNA. From this, the KV35 Younger Lady a.k.a. Fletcher's mummy was confirmed to be Tut's mother. The program goes into this whole speculation as to whether the KV35 Younger Lady is Nefertiti or Kiya, however the JAMA paper where Tut's DNA results are shown state that she too was a child of both Amenhotep III and the Elder Lady (Tiye) making the more likely candidates to be Beketaten or Nebetiah who were daughters of Tiye and Amenhotep III. Nefertiti was the daughter of nobleman Kheperkheprure Ay (brother of Tiye) and an unknown woman, whereas Kiya's parentage is not known at all.

-

In light of this, the woman above may not be Nefertiti but rather her cousin, and she and her husband Akhenaton were full-blooded siblings! You must admit the reconstruction of the KV35 Younger Lady and that of KV55 are strikingly similar.

All in all this just shows that the 18th dynasty was a more 'closely knit' family than previously thought.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ So, if Tut's mother really was the sister of his father Akhenaten, then where does Kiya fit in?? Obviously Nefertiti is still his stepmother but what is the special relationship between him and Kiya? Perhaps Kiya served as a surrogate mother or nurse(?)
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
up...
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nefertiti bust is not Afrocentric crap. It was in fact created by a white woman, joanne Fletcher, who is now banned from Egypt, due to that hideous fool Zahi Hawass.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like to insult others but Hawass is ruining Egypt.

He needs to step down from his spot as supereme council he is just a pathetic racist, and racists of any kind be they Black, White, Arab etc gets no respect.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
No King, you guys are the REAL racists. Blacks are the oly people in the world who feel so inferior that they have to build their own alternative history. Latins don't do it, Asians don't do that, even American Indians do not do it....only blacks and it stems from a deep self loathing, self hatred.

--------------------

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hammer

Who was the people who claimed Olmec, Aztec, Chinese, Egyptian, Kush, Indian, Zimbabwe etc as created by Caucsoids?

I read a report that stated that Black people have the highest self esteem of any ethnicity, so there goes your self hatred idea.

Also Hawass ideas about AE go against most of the studies that have come out linking Egypt, Nubia together.

Now what studies can you post that states that Tut or any egyptian were European.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
I do not know who wrote the article you mentioned about black self esteem but they must be on drugs. Blacks have a self loathing aspect that drives forums like egyptsearch.

Olmecs, Chinese and Aztecs are Mongoloid peoples, not caucasians.

Hawass' ideas go against studies nd ideas YOU support, I never hear that nayplace but here King. You guys post material from the smae five african scholars over and over again. Mush of the rest of it you just make up.

Tut's reconstruction and DNA pretty much finished off the issue, as we all knew it would. Here on egyptsearch the gang of ten will hold on to their same old worn out ideas no matter what. The rest of the world will keep on going and leave them further behind.

--------------------

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hammer

No Drugs, It's the truth. Look at slavery, when the AA were underattack they created the Blues and food that white people eat these days and call them delcasies.

Hammer Europeans claimed all these civilizations.

Tuts DNA is a lie. It was done to keep the green(Money) coming into Egypt. Ask yourself if they were sure about this DNA why did they keep it in Egyptian hands.

Hawass goes against TRUTH. He speaks blatant lies to make europeans feel better about themselves. He has no right to claim a African Civilization as his own when he himself is an Arab. I rather believe Muhammad Arabi who spoke the truth about the Race of Egyptians.

Now what you must understand even the lightest Egyptian have links to Africa which have been covered up to promote hatred between brothers and sisters (Egyptians, Malians, Ghanaians etc) When the Egyptians realize they are African and there heritage is African then we can see Africa be able to work out there problems on there own without the evil UN and the West.

Peace

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Actually African Americans did a lot more than just create food and blues for America, but I'm not even getting into that. I suggest you read more about African American contributions in terms of science and technology, since such things are overlooked in favor or entertainment sports etc.

As far as Tut's DNA being a "lie" how so??! Last time I checked there was nothing fabricated about his DNA unless you are talking about that R1b fiasco which was already explained here. The whole R1b claim is nothing more than silly unsubstantiated rhetoric that Euronuts made based on selective pictures of his STR analysis and nothing more.

As for Hawass, the guy is obviously confused and in a identity crisis of sorts which is not unlike many modern Egyptians. They are caught between two identities, one Arab the other African, with the African heritage disparaged. For example, Hawass acknowledges the (obviously black) Fellahin of rural southern Egypt as the best representatives of southern Egypt, yet he denies they are black. He even acknowledges that the Nubians are the foreigners who are closest ethnically to the Egyptians yet I hear he even denies them to be black. Apparently he subscribes to the old debunked "true negro" model which is really his problem, not mainstream academia which contradicts him.

As for other Egyptians, not all are as foolish or as delusional as Hawass. Remember there are plenty of Egyptians who acknowledge their black African roots, even some of Hawass's peers like Ahmed Saleh, Ossama Alsaadawi, or Muhamad Arabi etc.

As for Hammered, you know that he is nothing more than a lunatic driven mad by his own racism. Why else would he deny the tons of data and info processed here everyday and just make whatever claims and opinions he like without anything to support them? [Embarrassed]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:

The Nefertiti bust is not Afrocentric crap. It was in fact created by a white woman, joanne Fletcher, who is now banned from Egypt, due to that hideous fool Zahi Hawass.

I take it you are referring to the forensic reconstruction of the KV35 Younger Lady whom Fletcher claimed to be 'Nefertiti'. Which by the way apparently isn't her since DNA revelations show her in fact to be Akhenaten's sister! Of course Fletcher is just an archaeologist and has no expertise on forensics so it wasn't she that did the reconstruction but a team of forensic scientists hired by Discovery Channel. I saw the scientists in the Discovery program 'Nefertiti Resurrected' and all of them were white and obviously not "Afrocentric". In fact, the scientists were double-blinded meaning that they had no idea who the skull belonged to! This was done to make sure there wasn't any bias.

From USA Today:

In an effort to confirm her identity, two British experts have applied their forensic skills to digital X-rays of the skull.

Neither Damian Schofield of Nottingham University nor Martin Evison of Sheffield University knew in advance the identity of their "victim." They specialize in reconstructing human faces from skulls for murder cases in which the victim is unknown.

By the way, the same double-blinded method was applied to the American (white) scientists who did the reconstruction of Tut also for Discovery which was prior to NatGeo's.

-

Not surprisingly the French scientists who did the NatGeo reconstruction of Tut were NOT double-blinded and we all know how theirs looked like. Obviously their bias shows in the work. [Embarrassed]

Both science teams who were double-blinded agreed that their 'murder victims' were of African descent and thus black.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:

I take it you are referring to the forensic reconstruction of the KV35 Younger Lady whom Fletcher claimed to be 'Nefertiti'. Which by the way apparently isn't her since DNA revelations show her in fact to be Akhenaten's sister! Of course Fletcher is just an archaeologist and has no expertise on forensics so it wasn't she that did the reconstruction but a team of forensic scientists hired by Discovery Channel. I saw the scientists in the Discovery program 'Nefertiti Resurrected' and all of them were white and obviously not "Afrocentric". In fact, the scientists were double-blinded meaning that they had no idea who the skull belonged to! This was done to make sure there wasn't any bias.

From USA Today:

In an effort to confirm her identity, two British experts have applied their forensic skills to digital X-rays of the skull.

Neither Damian Schofield of Nottingham University nor Martin Evison of Sheffield University knew in advance the identity of their "victim." They specialize in reconstructing human faces from skulls for murder cases in which the victim is unknown.

By the way, the same double-blinded method was applied to the American (white) scientists who did the reconstruction of Tut also for Discovery which was prior to NatGeo's.

-

This is what I find funny, The Team was not Afrocentric and had no Idea the Lady was an Egyptian. In all fairness they were unbiased yet people Like Mathilda say Joann Fletcher was catering to Afrocentrics...LMAO. Yet I hear nothing from that crackheaded Cockroach Bitch about the Tut Reconstuction which Hiwass himself said looked to French.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ That is because Mathilda like all deranged racists don't rely on facts but merely their own biased conjecture. So what are to make of the reconstruction of KV55 below said to be Akhenaten??

-

^ I suppose the scientists who did this reconstruction were 'Afrocentrics' too, huh? LOL

And speaking of deranged racists...
quote:

No King, you guys are the REAL racists. Blacks are the only people in the world who feel so inferior that they have to build their own alternative history...

And what "alternative history" do you speak of? Are you referring to ancient Egypt being a black African civilization? Egypt IS in Africa and its advanced culture is the product of the indigenous i.e. black populace. The only alternative or rather pseudo-history I see is such notions that Egyptian civilization was created by foreign "caucasians" or more precisely YOUR claim of "European farmers"! LOL [Big Grin]
quote:
Latins don't do it, Asians don't do that, even American Indians do not do it....only blacks and it stems from a deep self loathing, self hatred.
Wrong again, as usual. You see Asians and American Indians never had their ancient civilizations and heritages usurped by whites the same way Africans have! Notice that academia has never had a history or at least one so extensive of claiming that Chinese civilization or Meso-American civilizations like the Maya were the product of whites or wandering "caucasians" the way Egypt was! So the question is do whites like YOU have self-esteem so low as to claim cultures from Africa as a part of your so-called 'racial' heritage??! [Roll Eyes]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Getting back to the topic...

It is possible, even likely that the KV55 mummy is Akhenaton. The reconstruction matches with a bust of his. And the features also match those of KV35 Younger Lady who is his sister and not Nefertiti.

-  -
 -

-
 -

^ I've always wondered why the reconstruction looked so much like Akhenaten, but then I thought it was coincidence since such traits were typical for Egyptians. I never bothered to think it could be sister since such incestuous relations were the norm in the pharaonic household. Fletcher assumed it was Nefertiti based on the evidence pointing to her not just being an 18th dynasty royal but one who lived during the Amarana period, but also due to certain features she associated with Nefertiti like the long neck etc. However, Nefertiti wasn't the only royal lady in Akhenaton's harem, and sisters must be counted.

Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
any sophomore art history major could teach Djehuti and the other loons here that you do not make judgements about apperance based on art work. [Roll Eyes]
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Getting back to the topic...

It is possible, even likely that the KV55 mummy is Akhenaton. The reconstruction matches with a bust of his. And the features also match those of KV35 Younger Lady who is his sister and not Nefertiti.

-  -
 -

-
 -

^ I've always wondered why the reconstruction looked so much like Akhenaten, but then I thought it was coincidence since such traits were typical for Egyptians. I never bothered to think it could be sister since such incestuous relations were the norm in the pharaonic household. Fletcher assumed it was Nefertiti based on the evidence pointing to her not just being an 18th dynasty royal but one who lived during the Amarana period, but also due to certain features she associated with Nefertiti like the long neck etc. However, Nefertiti wasn't the only royal lady in Akhenaton's harem, and sisters must be counted.

I agree, but I wonder what role his siter played within Armana society. A minor role are a large role.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ The so-called 'Amarna Revolution' was a family affair. Of course Akhenaten and his chief wife Nefertiti were the main players but obviously Akhenaten's siblings likely had important roles as well
quote:

any sophomore art history major could teach Djehuti and the other loons here that you do not make judgements about appearance based on art work.

Not unless such judgements are simple logical ones of how a population generally or ideally looks like. [Roll Eyes]

Or are you just mad that the 18th dynasty portraits have obvious African features and didn't look like say this below.

-

LOL [Big Grin]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
So is the Mummy Jo-Ann Fletcher found Tuts Mother??
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Yes, that appears to be the case via the STR analysis. She is also Akhenaten's full sister. Which means Tut is the product of full on brother-sister incest, and Nefertiti's body is still missing or unidentified.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
You know now that you mention it. I remember, back in the day, seeing some Afro-Caribbean peoples with a reddish tinge to their hair. Most of the guys apperently spent a lot of time on the sunny beaches eg fisherman. I remember my relatives telling me that the Sun does that to the hair.

Any experts on this? Meninarmer??

They were probably using some relaxer as we black do and it got mixed with the sun, salt and chlorine. I guess you wouldn't know that being from North of the Sudan, Osirion. [Eek!]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com