EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Ancient Egyptians - Authentic portraits (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Ancient Egyptians - Authentic portraits
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really man, I have no clue how we are still fighting over Egypt to keep it African.

The pics just scream Africa yet people will have you believe they are different from other Africans and are really "caucasoids" Just gotta shake my Head at that.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
who is he?

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
 -
who is he?

An Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh...do you really need to
know which one?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -
who is he?

Amenhotep III
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kalonji and Wally I asked because I never ran across this image before.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:
 -
who is he?

An Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh...do you really need to
know which one?

An intelligent response. lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Thanks Kalonji and Wally I asked because I never ran across this image before.

I understand your question, but I'm sure you've
noticed there are no labels attached to any of the
images that I posted...it isn't intended to be a
who's who of Ancient Egypt...The Ancient Egyptians - Authentic portraits

(Commissioned by those who could afford it...)

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

-
 -

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^Tuthmose III, 18th dynasty

-

^Merymose, 18th dynasty

-

???, 18th dynasty

[IMG] http://0.tqn.com/d/arthistory/1/0/y/6/hatshepsut_art_01.jpg[/IMG]

^Ahmose Nefertari (most likely), 18th dynasty

-

^Amenhotep III, 18th Dynasty

-

^Harkhebi, Dynasty 26

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

^Tuthmoses III

-

^Amenhotep III, 18th Dynasty

-

^Female, 18th Dynasty

-

^Titi, 18th Dynasty

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

-

-

-

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ control freak. lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys post pictures of arabs trying to prove egyptians were black? Funny stuff.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
I have to agree with you here troll. Posting selected pics of certain Egyptians, with features stereotypically associated with blacks, unconsciously plays into the hands of Eurocentrism. Just as how you cherry pic ancient Egyptian images you think are "mixed".
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scholars laugh their rear ends off at you guys if they think about you at all. Black egypt is not even an issue except here.

--------------------
The tree of liberty is watered by the blood of tyrants.

Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
I have to agree with you here troll. Posting selected pics of certain Egyptians, with features stereotypically associated with blacks, unconsciously plays into the hands of Eurocentrism. Just as how you cherry pic ancient Egyptian images you think are "mixed".

LMAO, for real the Lyin'ass knows damn well she has two or three pics she always cherry pics I find it funny how Wally and others will call busts like the German Nefertiti fake, but say the Mummies of Ramses and the one scribe statue look like Somalis and Ethiopians..LMAO

Kinda how Mike will in one breath say the Greeks were black but in the next say the Fayium portraits represent Greeks...LMAO

The State of Afrocentrism..LOL

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Really man, I have no clue how we are still fighting over Egypt to keep it African.
The pics just scream Africa yet people will have you believe they are different from other
Africans and are really "caucasoids" Just gotta shake my Head at that.
Peace

" Really man, I have no clue how we are still fighting over Egypt to keep it African."

KING, the struggle is to keep fresh in the minds of African peoples the reality of Black
Ancient Egyptian Civilization...

"The pics just scream Africa yet people will have you believe they are different from other
Africans and are really "caucasoids" Just gotta shake my Head at that."

KING, it's because you, like all of us here, have a gut/knee-jerk reaction to the White Looney
Toons who post their dribble here, like the last two posters anguishofbeing and Hammer who has GOT to be on
drugs!

For instance, if you ran into one of these Wing-nuts who would try to convince you that
President Obama was really a Muslim, without thinking that you're in the presence of an idiot,
you would angrily respond with a common sense rebuttal; you have been fished because the
idiot doesn't wish to be confused by facts...

All of us here feel from time to time a need to respond to these idiots, and Djehuti
absolutely loves to kick their asses and to play with them...

But the core purpose is to keep fresh in the minds of African peoples the reality of Black
Ancient Egyptian Civilization...

So, everyone please stop talkin' and post some more authentic portraits of Ancient Egyptians...

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:

Like I said earlier
We all know this stuff about how ancient Egypt fits into the rest of Africa, culturally, biologically and linguistically. Eurocentrics don't have that foundation.

Thats the difference.

Birdbrain is still stuck in the times were scientist with integrity are ashamed of. You know, the scientist that scoff at the notion of foreign mass migrations to pre-dynastic Egypt.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Like I said earlier
We all know this stuff about how ancient Egypt fits into the rest of Africa, culturally, biologically and linguistically. Eurocentrics don't have that foundation.

Thats the difference.

Birdbrain is still stuck in the times were scientist with integrity are ashamed of. You know, the scientist that scoff at the notion of foreign mass migrations to pre-dynastic Egypt.

it wasn't really the masses it was the ruling class that were heavy into mixing. The masses were more of a natural intermediate, Southerners less so
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great image thread of native AEs but this one isn't an authentic AE work of art.

quote:

-

^Tuthmoses III

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Can you elaborate Altakruri?
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Great image thread of native AEs but this one isn't an authentic AE work of art.

quote:

-

^Tuthmoses III

Exactly, it is a modern reproduction/interpretation
of Egyptian art offered for $$$ale...

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Yes thats where I got it from since I couldn't find the real one.
I guess in that sense it isn't authentic

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Authentic Egyptian Sculpture of Thutmose III

-
Thotmose III, Luxor Museum

modern super-negroized version

-
Thutmosdef III

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
Authentic Egyptian Sculpture of Thutmose III

-
Thotmose III, Luxor Museum

Wally's modern super-negroized version

-
Thutmosdef III

What an idiot,
it was Kalonji and not I, who mistakenly posted
this modern reproduction/interpretation
of Egyptian art offered for $$$ale... can you even keep pace with this topic?

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
sorry Wally it was Kalonji. I thought it was you see you had posted that sculpture so often in the past.
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 - Head Head of the God Osiris Ptolemaic Period

-
A statue of Inuet from the time of Amenhotep III. Inuet was the wife of Montu.

-
The head of Amen-Re from a statue bearing the name of Horemheb probably usurped from Tutankhamum.

-
The head of a life sized purple quartzite statue of Amenhotep III.

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Originally posted by the lioness:

-

-

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Useless spam without the accompanying information.
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Userkaf:
 -

-

Copper statues of Pepi:
 -

-

Khafre:
 -

-

-

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
wally amd these other loons photoshop these pictures. Some of the sickest people who ever walked around on two legs.
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Seated Scribe:
 -

-

Huni:
 -

-

Thutmose III:
 -

-

-

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
 -

-

-

-

-

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Busts of Nefertiti:
 -

-

King Tut:
 -

-

-

Ramses II the Great:
 -

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
13th dynasty - female commissioned nobel portrait
 -

-

-

-

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Originally posted by Wally:

13th dynasty - female commissioned portrait of noble couple
 -

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
From the Golden Age of Imperialism...

Amenhotep III

-

-

-

...and...

-

-

-

-

-

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The interesting thing is that the Pharaohs appear to have portayed a single individual at times with faces of varied Cental East African, Saharan and "horner" types, while the body type remains the same type throughout all periods - the latter lies somewhere between Bisharin Beja, Somali, and south African Bantu.

I just think its funny looking at how some, like Eurowacky "Matilda" - are still stuck on silly trying to prove African mummy hair that turns red and loses its kink thru chemicals after death is Caucasian - as if someone hadn't told her and her fellow wackjobs a hundred times.

Also, in order to contrast Nubians and Egyptians she pretends Mahepri's hair was mummified and not a wig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=ReCxCL64p9k&feature=related

Her desperate need to spread the idea that Egyptians into something half-Celtic or Eurasian is palpable, besides being funny as heck. LOL!

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I early racist physical anthropologists like Elliot Smith that studied the anatomy of ancient Egyptians could not distinguish them from the modern Ethiopians and Kenuz Nubians.

So one should not be surprised when the bulk of representations show predominantly African folk. Still it is maddening that there is a debate still going on about ancient Egypt - the showpiece of African civilization.

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dana marniche

Bahahahahahha

Greater words have never been said in an TRUE meaning on how people like Skeptic, Mathilda think about Ancient Egypt. Kind of like how Fraud thinks all you have to do is "Look" at the mummies not realizing that those who studied the Mummies said they ALL had Tropical Adaption and linked them with Nubians etc.

TRUTH is coming out, and we can't let the ignorant dictate to us how we should View AE. AE is slowly becoming an Black African Civi by the Mainstream. We just have to hope that it continues and laugh at those desperate to Claim AE as an Euro created civi instead of African.

King Tut was the first to have people think some crazyness with his mummy. The R1 fiasco shows how desperate in covering up the TRUTH is some people, yet we see Egyptians themselves claiming Ae as Black and are proud of there color. I really want to see Egyptians teach and claim themselves as Africans because that is what they are. Sadly we see in the Arab world hatred for Black people. To see this all you need to read is how many people get shot by the Egyptian Army when the migrants try to get into Israel. Sad. [Frown]

Also I hope we see Arabs realize they have many things in common with Africans and they should respect there neighbours. Hopefully the skin bleaching pandemic in the Arab world stops. These women need to realize that they are beautiful the way God made them.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com