EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » LIONESS, ARE YOU BLACK?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LIONESS, ARE YOU BLACK?
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@lioness

After some evasion, you've admitted that Frank Yurco actually did not say that the royal artist that painted the Four Nations Table had made a mistake. Likewise, you've been unable to provide quotes from the other Egyptologists that you claimed supported your theory.

After some evasion, you have admitted that you have not been to Africa.

Now, can you confirm for us whether or not you are black? It's a simple yes/no answer.

I've sent you a pm.

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
[qb] @lioness

After some evasion, you've admitted that Frank Yurco actually did not say that the royal artist that painted the Four Nations Table had made a mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
[QB]
quote:
@lioness

to be more accurate Yurco did not say the paintings were done in error

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I'm assuming that the same applies to your statement that other Egyptologists regard the depictions as a mistake. Am I correct? I'm anticipating that you won't be able to produce any quotes from any Egyptologists contesting whether the image of the Black-skinned Egyptian was done in error.

claus3600. You initially asked those with access to the book did Yurco dispute the rendition as an error and I've already informed you that he did so what's the problem here? You are getting no where actually and only allow lioness to lead you down the path of ignorance.

So let's try this again, otherwise, buy the book! Chasing lioness is like chasing your tail.

From "Egypt in Africa", pg 110, Frank Yurco writes:

"Accordingly, all claims based upon the 1913 pastiche, that demonstrably is not at all like the wall of Ramses III's tomb, and which posits that Egyptians and Kushites were shown alike with dark complexions and similar costumes, rests upon a nineteenth to early twentieth century copy that is not correct!"

^Just because Yurco SAID he was there to confirm the error doesn't mean that he was, which is why proof is warranted. Ampim presented proof. The fact that Yurco DID claim that it was an error is a FACT however, and you are wasting time arguing with lioness about it who never even read the book.

Indeed, are you here to actually learn or just bait trolls?

^^Pay special attention to the last sentence.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@sundjata

You've missed the import of what I've been saying.

What Lioness has admitted, and what I suspected, was that Yurco DID NOT say that the royal artist made a mistake in painting the Egyptian with black skin. In the quote that you've highlighted above, he refers to the copy, NOT the tomb painting itself.

Is that clear enough for you?

Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yes, what Yurco was arguing however, was that the actual tomb was no different than Seti's. Anyways, I admit the oversight. Still don't see the point.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with this "royal artist" thing?
An Ampim term implying infallability.

The artists were not a part of royalty.

They were villagers employed to craft
the tombs in the Valley of the Kings.

Like anybody, royal or not, they could
and did make mistakes whether or not
the nearly identical Egyptians & Nehesu
and the seemingly out of order depicted
Tjemehu & Aamu of KV11 was one or not.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

@lioness

After some evasion, you've admitted that Frank Yurco actually did not say that the royal artist that painted the Four Nations Table had made a mistake. Likewise, you've been unable to provide quotes from the other Egyptologists that you claimed supported your theory.

After some evasion, you have admitted that you have not been to Africa.

Now, can you confirm for us whether or not you are black? It's a simple yes/no answer.

I've sent you a pm.

Claude, there is a reason why we call her LYINASS. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@tukuler

I think we know that they weren't members of the royal family...in Britain, 'royal artist' would signify someone who painted for the royal family and not imply familial connection.

Regardless of whether they made mistakes, I asked Lioness why Yurco didn't notice the mistake and she/he said that he did. When I pressed her for a quote from Yurco she/he was evasive and then eventually admitted that Yurco hadn't said that.

She then changed her approach saying that Yurco possibly didn't see the tomb. I then asked why Hornung, another prominent egyptologist, who undoubtedly did see the tomb, didn't register it as a mistake, choosing instead the higher risk strategy of manipulation. She hasn't responded.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
The Lyin-ass used to be known as Spinzelli as it will try to use spin tactics to squirm away when its cornered...Looks like Spinzelli has become dizzy spinning its own lies..

-

Posts: 8805 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

@tukuler

I think we know that they weren't members of the royal family...in Britain, 'royal artist' would signify someone who painted for the royal family and not imply familial connection.

Regardless of whether they made mistakes, I asked Lioness why Yurco didn't notice the mistake and she/he said that he did. When I pressed her for a quote from Yurco she/he was evasive and then eventually admitted that Yurco hadn't said that.

She then changed her approach saying that Yurco possibly didn't see the tomb. I then asked why Hornung, another prominent egyptologist, who undoubtedly did see the tomb, didn't register it as a mistake, choosing instead the higher risk strategy of manipulation. She hasn't responded.

Sane dialog with Lioness is as chasing a mirage.

The closer you get the less the detail until
poof all she pretense at substance evaporates.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
^
What I don't understand is why you guys have put up with her bullsh1t for so long? The purpose of this board, I thought, was to further discussion and exchange ideas on Ancient Egypt and other North African pre-colonial civilizations. Instead topics get muddied by twats like lioness and userman!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Sane dialog with Lioness is as chasing a mirage.

This would mean insane dialog follows truth.
that is very Zen in a way

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Ah lioness, you're back now. So have you had time to consider a response, you know, on whether or not you're black?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ah lioness, you're back now. So have you had time to consider a response, you know, on whether or not you're black?

the question is racist
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
@lioness

the question is racist

I take that as a no. Unless you say otherwise.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL You waste your time with her Clause. What Takruri says about her is true. Why else do people call her lyinass. Some of the comments she has made in the past indicate strongly that not only is she NOT black but anti-African. Hell, the twit lies so much, her presumed gender is also questionable. LOL
quote:
^
What I don't understand is why you guys have put up with her bullsh1t for so long? The purpose of this board, I thought, was to further discussion and exchange ideas on Ancient Egypt and other North African pre-colonial civilizations. Instead topics get muddied by twats like lioness and userman!

It is the job of the moderators to ban trolls. Usedman for example has been banned several times only to come back under new IP addresses and monikers. As for lyinass, her trolling tactics are too passive-aggressive and not as overt for her to be banned. That's the way the cookie crumbles here in ol' Egyptsearch. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

the question is racist
Okay - I see - she/he is definitely not black - as a matter of fact her last comment has European American written all over it. That what so-called white people in America say when they think there is some form of reverse racism going on. In America as black folks we don't use that form of jargon ... so yeah - white it is.

I say this based on the tone of her writing - you can tell by the usage of her sentence structure ...

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

the question is racist
No - Neanderwoman is not black. I am so embarassed that it took me so long to figure this out.

She's been using black face to trick us all. I also see now how she cowers now before the rocks are to be thrown. lol! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com