EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ouggiri, Nubian Warrior Princess

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ouggiri, Nubian Warrior Princess
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something I had commissioned from KiratheArtist over at DeviantArt:

-

The artwork is hers but the character came from my imagination. She's Ouggiri, a fictional warrior princess from ancient Nubia. I want to write at least a short story about her, but so far I haven't come up with a decent plot yet:

Her name comes from this list of medieval Nubian names.

Posts: 7071 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neferefre
Member # 13793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neferefre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good artwork, looking forward to the story.

--------------------
"Son of the sun god Ra"

Posts: 197 | From: 5th Dynasty Abusir Temple | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medjay Commander
Member # 17604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medjay Commander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the artwork, indeed I would love to know how the story would go as well.

--------------------
The Medjay Commander (Qore Amani)

I seek only pure facts.
www.dirtychamber.com

Posts: 18 | From: the womb of a beautiful African Woman | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I googled something about Nubia and this picture popped up several times. It's pretty nice.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She looks a little too hard (muscular) especially in the legs, but other than that she looks beautiful. By the way, where'd you get the name 'Ouggiri'? Is it authentically Nubian or made up?
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
By the way, where'd you get the name 'Ouggiri'? Is it authentically Nubian or made up?

I cited my source in the OP:

Medieval Nubian Names

Posts: 7071 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

-

One thing I forgot to mention is her sword. I think the scimitar is too Arabesque or Persian looking. Nubian swords are traditionally straight.

sketch of Meroite Queen Amanitore
 -

Modern Beja men in mock battle
 -

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narmerthoth
Member # 20259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narmerthoth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it would go well in Essence, Jet, or some other female magazine targeting people who know nothing about African Princesses or fighting stances/Styles.
It's colorful, and you can see the character spends a lot of time in the mirror.

Looks like a Negro cartoon character as drawn by a white person.

--------------------
Selenium gives real life and true reality

Posts: 4693 | From: Saturn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

-

The artwork is hers but the character came from my imagination. She's Ouggiri, a fictional warrior princess from ancient Nubia. I want to write at least a short story about her, but so far I haven't come up with a decent plot yet:

Her name comes from this list of medieval Nubian names.

as a cartoon, fairly good

as usual you make the feet too long

and the knee too narrow

there also should be some highlights:
 -

^^^ notice the light reflecting highlights, along the the nose, top of the chest light part of forehead. This adds more realsitic 3-D effect and will greatly add to the illustration

-

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ If you hadn't noticed, Truth did use highlighting since there are very subtle differences in the skin tone. She doesn't have to have shine necessarily though it would have a glamorous effect.

Can you do any better? [Embarrassed]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com