EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Another Blog I can Honestly Recommend on the Ancient Berbers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Blog I can Honestly Recommend on the Ancient Berbers
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a wonderful site with a few well-written articles obviously authored by an informed academic, - possibly seasoned scholar, and probably someone who visits this forum.

Those who love to rely on dna interpretations to verify population movement and the peopling of geographic regions will find this blog a great boon as there is at least a good deal of objectivity and balance displayed here.

http://exploring-africa.blogspot.com/2011/12/genetic-profile-maghrebi-populations.html

http://exploring-africa.blogspot.com/2010/03/timbuktu-stripping-has-began-conclusion.html

I consider this Afrocentric blogging at its best.

I don't know if its Dr. Keita or not, but its someone of his academic caliber.
[Wink]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Explorer's blog..

Great Blog..

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow - I wonder who Explorer really is then. Gotta find out.

http://knol.google.com/k/part-2-peopling-of-the-nile-valley#

Zarahan's/Enrique Cardova's site ultra-informative as well.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
Yeah Zarahan's site is very informative just as Explorer's is, helps with my new Tumblr...

Check it out Dana..

http://nilevalleystudies.tumblr.com/

I plan on posting on the Berbers and West/East/Central Africans as my blog gains more momentum, its going great so far, I have Native Egyptians, African Americans, Europeans and Ethiopians following me so far..and I just started, 24 followers in less than a week..

[Smile]

Whats your blog Dana?? It might come in handy.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^
Yeah Zarahan's site is very informative just as Explorer's is, helps with my new Tumblr...

Check it out Dana..

I plan on posting on the Berbers and West/East/Central Africans as my blog gains more momentum, its going great so far, I have Native Egyptians, African Americans, Europeans and Ethiopians following me so far..and I just started, 24 followers in less than a week..

[Smile]

Well yours has some interesting concepts. Mine is not really ready for primetime yet either, but I've started something at

www.afroasiatics.blogspot.com

Haven't had time to start really get into the editing as I need to yet, but lots of ethnic info.

Are the photos you are posting straight from your visits to Egypt?

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
^^^

Check it out Dana..

[Smile]

Well yours has some interesting concepts. Mine is not really ready for primetime yet either, but I've started something at

Haven't had time to start really get into the editing as I need to yet, but lots of ethnic info.

I am really loving your blog, good work so far.
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
quote:
^^^

Check it out Dana..

[Smile]

I am really loving your blog, good work so far.
Thanks again, typezeiss.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
No Dana those photos are mainly from past E.S treads..but thanks. Im going to upload some new info today..
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Good work Jari and Dana. We need many more such blogs.
Google will be shutting down Knol but I am already
shifting my data to blogspot and Wordpress, as an alternative.
ES will go sooner or later. Many hope so, desperate that
the info we have gathered over the years will disappear,
leaving only the distortions of Wikipedia moles, and racist
"biodiversity" types in control of the field.
Your blogging efforts ensure that this is not so. Cross
post and backup as much as you can while time permits,
plus add your new stuff of course.

PS:Jari, how do you like Tumblr? What features are
different than say blogspot?

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
^^Good work Jari and Dana. We need many more such blogs.
Google will be shutting down Knol but I am already
shifting my data to blogspot and Wordpress, as an alternative.
ES will go sooner or later. Many hope so, desperate that
the info we have gathered over the years will disappear,
leaving only the distortions of Wikipedia moles, and racist
"biodiversity" types in control of the field.
Your blogging efforts ensure that this is not so. Cross
post and backup as much as you can while time permits,
plus add your new stuff of course.

PS:Jari, how do you like Tumblr? What features are
different than say blogspot?

Zarahan I hope you are making hard copies too because that's a lot of necessary information for posterity you have on there! [Wink]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent blogs you guys! LOL Dana, you just realized that the Exploring Africa blog belongs to Explorer. I thought we told you that before. Anyways, I didn't know you had a blog of your own. It looks rather interesting. I hope I can contribute to all these blogs.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^No! You cannot! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Whose going to stop me tincat? YOU? Last time I checked, you don't run those blogs. GTFOH [Big Grin]
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethiop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice thread Dana and the info from everybody else pertaining to their blogs present excellent info which I have a thrist for in enchancing my knowledge. Keep it up everybody
Posts: 48 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com