EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » What they are teaching today in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What they are teaching today in Egypt
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWLry9o70c&feature=related
Improvement over Zahi at least.

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I've seen that video before which was presented on this forum when it was first put out in youtube. LOL And she is just a tour guide, yet even she admitted her education was certified by the government. That she acknowledges the ancient Egyptians were African is no different from Hawass. The only difference is that Hawass does not consider them as 'black' or 'true negroes'.

By the way, if you want a real Egyptian expert on the matter check out Egyptian Egyptologist Ahmed Saleh. Unfortunately Saleh has paid the price for his dissenting views by Hawass.

Posts: 26240 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The interview was conducted and up loaded by Truthteacher2007 of ESR

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^

Why is this video so great? She considers herself to be a true egyptian, which is odd seeing as how she is clearly mixed. Also, she said the Coptic of the south are the true ancient egyptians. Well which copts is she talking about? Some of them are very white in luxur, they were settled there during roman times from the middle east. We need to be VERY careful with these types of videos. Also the person who made those videos doesn't know history very well, so he is basing his questions and the validity of a TOUR GUIDE on his lack of historical knowledge.

Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The Coptics of the south tend to be pristine i.e. black, while most white Copts are located in the north in the Delta and are known to have Greco-Roman ancestry. By the way, there is NO difference biologically between Copts and Muslims. There are Muslims in the Delta that are just as white as the Copts and the Copts in the south especially in rural areas are just as black as their Muslim counterparts. I have even seen video footage on TV and in the net of Copts in the south being persecuted by Muslims since the revolution and they look no different from their black Sa'idi persecutors. The lie and distortion comes when Euronuts only hold up the Delta Copts as the true representation of the ancients.
Posts: 26240 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for typeZeiss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ The Coptics of the south tend to be pristine i.e. black, while most white Copts are located in the north in the Delta and are known to have Greco-Roman ancestry. By the way, there is NO difference biologically between Copts and Muslims. There are Muslims in the Delta that are just as white as the Copts and the Copts in the south especially in rural areas are just as black as their Muslim counterparts. I have even seen video footage on TV and in the net of Copts in the south being persecuted by Muslims since the revolution and they look no different from their black Sa'idi persecutors. The lie and distortion comes when Euronuts only hold up the Delta Copts as the true representation of the ancients.

My wife lived in Egypt for some time. The Copts I have seen and the ones she has described to me where not black
Posts: 1296 | From: the planet | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ I've seen that video before which was presented on this forum when it was first put out in youtube. LOL And she is just a tour guide, yet even she admitted her education was certified by the government. That she acknowledges the ancient Egyptians were African is no different from Hawass. The only difference is that Hawass does not consider them as 'black' or 'true negroes'.

By the way, if you want a real Egyptian expert on the matter check out Egyptian Egyptologist Ahmed Saleh. Unfortunately Saleh has paid the price for his dissenting views by Hawass.

Zahi in absolutely no way and no how considers the Egyptians were African! He told me this face to face. Africans and Egyptians were two completely different people.
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by typeZeiss:
quote:

My wife lived in Egypt for some time. The Copts I have seen and the ones she has described to me where not black
There are fair-skinned Copts and fair- skinned Muslims just as their are fair skinned near-black people that are Copts and Muslims in Egypt.

The important thing is which were the original Copts and we of course, are told in no uncertain terms who they were by al-Maqrizi and others.

"Know that the land of Egypt when the Mussulmans entered it, was full of Christians, but divided amongst themselves in two sects, both as
to race and religion.

The one part was made up of men about the court
and public affairs, all Greek, from among the soldiers of Constantinople, the seat of government of Rum; their views as well as
their religion, were all of them Melkite; and their number was above 300 000, all Greeks

The other portion was the whole people of Egypt, who were Qibt, and were of mixed descent; among whom one could not distinguish Qibt from
Abbysinian, Nubian or Israelite; and they were all Jacobites. Some of them were writers in government offices, others were merchants and
tradesmen, others were bishops and prsbyters and such like, others were tillers of the land in the country, while others were of the class of servants and domestics. But between these and the Melkite ruling population, marriages were not allowed, from mutual hatred of each other, often carried to murders on either side."
"The Sheikh andImam Taqi-ed-din El-Maqrizi of Cairo family from Baalbek, History of the Copts and of their Church." }

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
^^

Why is this video so great? She considers herself to be a true egyptian, which is odd seeing as how she is clearly mixed. Also, she said the Coptic of the south are the true ancient egyptians. Well which copts is she talking about? Some of them are very white in luxur, they were settled there during roman times from the middle east. We need to be VERY careful with these types of videos. Also the person who made those videos doesn't know history very well, so he is basing his questions and the validity of a TOUR GUIDE on his lack of historical knowledge.

There are northern Copts by which means Asyut and other places in the Middle to northern regions of modern day Egypt. They are fair-skinned.
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Dana

The Copts in the south are also white. That is my point. My wife lived there and saw them herself. They are transplants.

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An improvement on Hawass to be sure. The idea is not hard
for people to grasp at all. The ancients who founded
the Kemetian civ came from south of the Sahara,
and other regions thence where they had lived and migrated
for tens of thousands of years. As moving into the
more temperate valley and ALSO living in the dry arid
desert, (at times having cool temperatures from
centuries of fluctuations), they acquired features
like narrow noses and skin colors (some may have
had them before anyway due to built in African
diversity) variable within these sub-tropical
environments. They are simply Africans who adapted
to sub-tropical environments, and micro-climates
WITHIN the tropical zone also, and who blended
with a wide range of other INDIGENOUS tropical Africans over
millennia. No need to involve "incoming Caucasoids"
and no need to invoke any of today's "sudanese refugees"
to muddy the waters. Ancient Egyptians were varied native
Africans who adapted to their varied environments. End of story.

There are some however who invoke a "northern
card" to make it contradict these basic truths,
but that STILL makes little difference. Limb proportion
studies of "the north" group the ancients there
before the foreign influxes, with other tropical Africans.

-

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
Improvement over Zahi at least.

At some point during the interview she even roles her eyes. [Wink]
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

And what part of Egypt have you or your wife seen them in?
quote:

Zahi in absolutely no way and no how considers the Egyptians were African! He told me this face to face. Africans and Egyptians were two completely different people.

That's funny because I recall that in several occasions, he acknowledges them to be African but "different from Sub-Saharans". In fact I specifically remember him saying to the agreement of some racist 'experts' that the Egyptians were North African Caucasians. [Big Grin]
quote:
"Know that the land of Egypt when the Mussulmans entered it, was full of Christians, but divided amongst themselves in two sects, both as to race and religion.
The one part was made up of men about the court and public affairs, all Greek, from among the soldiers of Constantinople, the seat of government of Rum; their views as well as their religion, were all of them Melkite; and their number was above 300 000, all Greeks
The other portion was the whole people of Egypt, who were Qibt, and were of mixed descent; among whom one could not distinguish Qibt from
Abbysinian, Nubian or Israelite; and they were all Jacobites. Some of them were writers in government offices, others were merchants and
tradesmen, others were bishops and presbyters and such like, others were tillers of the land in the country, while others were of the class of servants and domestics. But between these and the Melkite ruling population, marriages were not allowed, from mutual hatred of each other, often carried to murders on either side.
"
"The Sheikh andImam Taqi-ed-din El-Maqrizi of Cairo family from Baalbek, History of the Copts and of their Church."

Interesting source that confirms everything I've read and what Ausar has been saying all these years.

quote:

Dana

The Copts in the south are also white. That is my point. My wife lived there and saw them herself. They are transplants.

They must be transplants, since again most white or fair-skinned Copts live in the Delta which was their original home. Although now that you mention it, I do recall Ausar saying some time ago that northern Coptic communities have been moving into the south as well. I don't know if they're doing this for 'political opportunities' and/or to escape Muslim persecution up north or both.
typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

quote:

That's funny because I recall that in several occasions, he acknowledges them to be African but "different from Sub-Saharans". In fact I specifically remember him saying to the agreement of some racist 'experts' that the Egyptians were North African Caucasians. [Big Grin]
quote:
"Know that the land of Egypt when the Mussulmans entered it, was full of Christians, but divided amongst themselves in two sects, both as to race and religion.
The one part was made up of men about the court and public affairs, all Greek, from among the soldiers of Constantinople, the seat of government of Rum; their views as well as their religion, were all of them Melkite; and their number was above 300 000, all Greeks
tradesmen, others were bishops and presbyters and such like, others were tillers of the land in the country, while others were of the class of servants and domestics. But between these and the Melkite ruling population, marriages were not allowed, from mutual hatred of each other, often carried to murders on either side.
"
"The Sheikh andImam Taqi-ed-din El-Maqrizi of Cairo family from Baalbek, History of the Copts and of their Church."

Interesting source that confirms everything I've read and what Ausar has been saying all these years.

quote:

Dana

They must be transplants, since again most white or fair-skinned Copts live in the Delta which was their original home. Although now that you mention it, I do recall Ausar saying some time ago that northern Coptic communities have been moving into the south as well. I don't know if they're doing this for 'political opportunities' and/or to escape Muslim persecution up north or both.

Djehuti my wife has gone to the Egyptian boarder with Sudan and every city in between that and Iskandiriya (Alexandria).

This has nothing to do with political reasons. Even in Roman times you had copts that were settled in the fair south as well as the delta. If I remember right they were from Syria originally, don't quote me on their origin though, I don't remember where I read it. However, as i stated, my wife lived in Misr (Egypt) and she told me, beyond a shadow of a doubt ALL the copts she has seen, north, south east or west, have been white or olive skinned. remember, there was no invisible force shield that prevented these people from moving anywhere they liked in Egypt during the Roman times or in the present.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
Djehuti

Slight correction to the above. You were right, I forgot that I saw a arabic documentary on youtube about how the government was giving people land grants to farm further south, and it seems copts were taking full advantage of this.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
"

quote:

Dana

He'll say what he has to I guess, but Caucasians in Africa for him means they were not in any way related to sub-Saharans, from two distinctly different and unrelated origins.

As with many North Africans sub-Saharans are an inferior sort of man in Africa.

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
"

quote:

Dana

Djehuti my wife has gone to the Egyptian boarder with Sudan and every city in between that and Iskandiriya (Alexandria).

This has nothing to do with political reasons. Even in Roman times you had copts that were settled in the fair south as well as the delta. If I remember right they were from Syria originally, don't quote me on their origin though, I don't remember where I read it. However, as i stated, my wife lived in Misr (Egypt) and she told me, beyond a shadow of a doubt ALL the copts she has seen, north, south east or west, have been white or olive skinned. remember, there was no invisible force shield that prevented these people from moving anywhere they liked in Egypt during the Roman times or in the present.

Thats funny, because the Copts that I have seen are both light like Greeks and dark their ancient Egyptian ancestors.

"one is sometimes struck by the similairty of a Coptic physiogamy with personages depicted on pharoanic mural and that perhaps the Copts are more uniformly dark-skinned and dark eyed than their Muslim compatriots,whose color-especially among the upper classes-- has been whitewashed through intermarriage with the Muslim Circasians,Georgians,and Albanian who ruled them for centuries" Sanaa Christians vs Muslims in modern Egypt pp. 20-21

The Copts I have seen here in the U.S. are both light and dark. The light ones were considered Greco-Romans or Byzantine in the time of Al -Maqrisi and early Islam.

"In the Copts of Egypt we do not find any of the characteristic features of the ancient Egyptian population. The Copts are the result of crossbreeding with all the nations that have successively dominated Egypt. It is wrong to seek in them the principal features of the old race.” From letters published by Champollion-Figeac

Probably today's Copts have been intermixed amongst each other.

typeZeiss
Member # 18859

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
"

quote:

Dana

Thats funny, because the Copts that I have seen are both light like Greeks and dark their ancient Egyptian ancestors.

"one is sometimes struck by the similairty of a Coptic physiogamy with personages depicted on pharoanic mural and that perhaps the Copts are more uniformly dark-skinned and dark eyed than their Muslim compatriots,whose color-especially among the upper classes-- has been whitewashed through intermarriage with the Muslim Circasians,Georgians,and Albanian who ruled them for centuries" Sanaa Christians vs Muslims in modern Egypt pp. 20-21

The Copts I have seen here in the U.S. are both light and dark. The light ones were considered Greco-Romans or Byzantine in the time of Al -Maqrisi and early Islam.

"In the Copts of Egypt we do not find any of the characteristic features of the ancient Egyptian population. The Copts are the result of crossbreeding with all the nations that have successively dominated Egypt. It is wrong to seek in them the principal features of the old race.” From letters published by Champollion-Figeac

Did you see these copts on the internet or were you in Egypt at the time? My wife lived in Egypt, for some time
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
"

quote:

Dana

Did you see these copts on the internet or were you in Egypt at the time? My wife lived in Egypt, for some time
OK now that i'm thinking about it, I don't know whether or not the guys I knew were Coptic or not. Can't remember.

But of course at the time of Maqrisi, the Copts were separated into separate camps African and Greek Copts. I guess those Greeks and Africans have since then absorbed each other in many towns.

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ That picture was posted before by Ausar in response to an ignoramus who insisted Copt = 'white' or fair-skinned Afrangi.
quote:

Djehuti

Slight correction to the above. You were right, I forgot that I saw an Arabic documentary on youtube about how the government was giving people land grants to farm further south, and it seems Copts were taking full advantage of this.

That makes perfect sense. I told you they had to be transplants because all the photos I've seen of Copts in the south especially around Luxor and Aswan showed NO fair-skinned peoples! I imagine too that they are moving to the south to escape Muslim persecution but apparently that hasn't done any good because such persecution is happening in the south as well.

quote:

That's funny, because the Copts that I have seen are both light like Greeks and dark their ancient Egyptian ancestors.

The fact that there is no phenotypic difference between Copts and Muslims also explains the discrepancies in sources. Some sources say the Copts as very dark (black) and some writings even "negro-like" people look like their ancient Egyptian ancestors, while other sources say they don't look ancient Egyptian at all because they are fair-skinned etc. Again, the difference or trend in phenotype has nothing to do with religious affiliation but geography. Egyptians of the Delta no matter what their religion tend to have more foreign ancestry and thus fairer-skinned and less African looking than Egyptians in the south who are the converse.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com