EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » For those of you who play computer games...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those of you who play computer games...
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to promote a modification I just put together for the strategy game Rome: Total War II. It changes the appearance of the Ptolemaic faction's Egyptian units so that they have darker African appearances.

Link to mod on Steam (of course you will need Steam and Rome: Total War II to use it)

And some screenshots of my mod:
 -
 -
 -

For comparison, this is how the Egyptians originally looked in the game:
 -

Posts: 7079 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't play computer games, but this is cool!

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice black looking Egyptian troops. Afrocentrist could use computer game design to make cartoon movie about Ancient Egypt.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
Afrocentrist could use computer game design to make cartoon movie about Ancient Egypt.

What about people who are not afrocentrist?

Saying that Ancient Egyptian are a black African civilization is not afrocentrism. Saying that an European or Asian civilization is African is.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Second mod I created, this time affecting the Carthaginian faction:
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7079 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 42929 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com