EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Dwarves created the garden of Eden story... and Thought

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dwarves created the garden of Eden story... and Thought
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://freethoughtnation.com/garden-of-eden-originally-a-pygmy-myth/

Notice the name of the fruit. What Egyptian principle will that become? What English word will that become?

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dwarf- large body & head, shortened limbs
Midget- small body, head, limbs
Pygmy- midget sized people, mother's make domes

- - -

The tahu fruit

buah/buat/buang(Malay) fruit/make/throw
tahu(Malay) know
tabu(Malay) taboo = kapu(Hawaiian)
odoodem(Chippewa) = totem = tot.em.b.lom

No surprise at all. Pygmies retain the stories without much changes, compared to everybody else.

Ituri forest = Eden/eDeN = flooded Congo basin?(cf Dr. Winters)

"In the ancient Egyptian language, the Nile is called ?'p? or iteru, meaning "great river", represented by the hieroglyphs shown on the right (literally itrw, and 'waters' determinative)"wiki

iteru ~ ituri

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahu T
Tahuti
Djehuty
Thoth
Thought
The name of the tree says it all.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Malay buddy Kudini always called me Dahudi ("Howdy Dahudi!"), we were both Forestry students, so I guess it was appropriate.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Did he ever tell you why?
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
I never asked.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Tahu T ?

Tahu T(r)ee

Thought

I Taught in Japan

Think ... Knoweth/gnaw/gnore

The letter T has the shape of a tree

Hinoki: cedar in Japanese Hino + ki/tree

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Tahu T
Tahuti
Djehuty
Thoth
Thought
The name of the tree says it all.

Very interesting ideas and link. Thank you.

Pygmys and the Tree of Life feature in the PT. I believe the Tree of Life was the sycamore fig.

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Isnt it the tree of knowledge?

Thought and Thoth arent as related as I thought. Tahu and Thoth however are related. Tahuti and Djehuty are the same diety.

sam p
Member # 11774

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam p     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
Isnt it the tree of knowledge?

1216d. They give to N. the tree of life whereof they live,

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/pyt/pyt27.htm

I believe this is a reasonably good translation here. I believe there was actually an orchard of these trees at the pyramid site protected by sopdu and known as thje ksb.t-trees.

480d. in this thy name of Dwȝ.m, as Sopdu, (who lives) under his kśb.t-trees.

This is a unique interpretation derived from solving the words in context rather than comparing them to later writings as is typically done.

quote:

Thought and Thoth arent as related as I thought. Tahu and Thoth however are related. Tahuti and Djehuty are the same diety.

I don't know.

But when the meanings of the words in the PT are solved by context "thot" is "human progress" and "thought" is a modern synonym; as in "current thought is that light behaves as a particle and a wave".

Posts: 393 | From: NW Indiana, US of A | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
in.tuit.ion, tutor/teacher, twit
in.terior
endu(Bambuti) internal/end/entry

inside thoughts - knowledge stored within the skull/head/brain
- - -
djehuti ~ dje(h)d ~ head?
hopf(German)/toptli(Aztec)/kepala(Malay)/rosh(Hebrew)

"The anthropomorphized pillar stands at the middle left, in a shrine. It has taken the shape of a human body with the djed-pillar as its head;" wiki

djed pillar - ox vertebral column/brainstem/spine ~ tree of life column? related to ankh cross

"The djed symbol is one of the more ancient and commonly found symbols in Egyptian mythology. It is a pillar-like symbol in hieroglyphics representing stability. It is associated with the Creator god Ptah and Osiris, the Egyptian god of the afterlife, the underworld, and the dead. It is commonly understood to represent his spine" wiki

Parallels in other cultures[edit]

Parallels have also been drawn between the djed pillar and various items in other cultures. Sidney Smith in 1922, first suggested a parallel with the Assyrian "sacred tree" when he drew attention to the presence of the upper four bands of the djed pillar and the bands that are present in the center of the vertical portion of the tree. He also proposed a common origin between Osiris and the Assyrian god Assur with whom he said, the sacred tree might be associated. Cohen and Kangas suggest that the tree is probably associated with the Sumerian god of male fertility, Enki and that for both Osiris and Enki, an erect pole or polelike symbol stands beneath a celestial symbol. They also point out that the Assyrian king is depicted in proximity to the sacred tree, which is similar to the depiction of the pharaoh in the raising of the djed ceremony. Additionally, the sacred tree and the Assyrian winged disk, which are generally depicted separately, are combined in certain designs, similar to the djed pillar which is sometimes surmounted with a solar disk.[11] Katherine Harper and Robert Brown also discuss a possible strong link between the djed column and the concept of kundalini in yoga.[12] wiki

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com