EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egypt children's book from 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt children's book from 2000
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/158728300X/simplycharlot-20/

Two new entries in Thomson Learning's Make It Work! history series vivify cultures that are both anthropologically significant and perennial kid favorites: North American Indians and Ancient Egypt, both by Andrew Haslam and Alexandra Parsons. The abundantly illustrated books include not just text but games and instructions for model-making and period costuming ($18.95 each, 64p, ages 10-14 ISBN 1-56847-137-8; -140-8 Apr.).
Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Children reach a deeper understanding of historical peoples by participating in the activities that shaped their lives. This hands-on series lets them discover history with projects, facts, photographs, costumes, and maps. Tested projects reinforce traditional lessons and research. A powerful, graphic style combines with informative, sensitive text.

Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 7
Series: Make It Work! History
Paperback: 64 pages
Publisher: Cooper Square Publishing Llc (May 1, 2000)

1.0 out of 5 stars
Make it Work
Review
By A customeron January 3, 2000
Format: Paperback
This book was a craft book. It had almost no info. There were about 10 paragraphs of info in the entire book. I felt it was a waist of money because I needed the book for research not Halloween. I will keep the book because it dose have neat crafts. I thought I would use a lot of index cards(I put the info for research on them)while useing this book but I couldn't even fill up 2. It is a good craft book but not a good book for research. I hope this review helped.

-
pharaoh, queen, priest, scribe/
chapter: From Pharaoh to Laborer

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it doesn't work, "make it work"
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You almost have me believing you are black....

Yes. make it work

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Very strange White Pharaoh and Queen, Black Priest and Scribe. The Royal family and the priests usually belong to the same race. In rare occasion the Pharaoh will have one Semite priest among his Black Priests.

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albino degenerates......
Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mena7:
 -
Very strange White Pharaoh and Queen, Black Priest and Scribe. The Royal family and the priests usually belong to the same race. In rare occasion the Pharaoh will have one Semite priest among his Black Priests.

Odd that they have the black kid as pharaoh in the cover but inside as white, both wear the double crown
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a gimmick.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better.

-

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These also look promising.

-

-

-

-

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This online book looks very useful if you're researching ancient Egyptian jobs:

http://cdn.tumblebooks.com/pageturner/Pharaohs.html#&panel1-1
 -

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I was looking for something like this for awhile. Ta!

quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
Better.

-

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These white people know how to hustle. Who would of thought with a name like that she wasn't a sista.

-

-

-

-

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bower - blow/swell/bow/bend/belly/bovid/bosom
old name, new spelling, for Mama/Mbua/Mbo

This one is the OLD way:

Emma Mbua, author of new article:

" Mbua cs report findings of fossilized teeth & forearm bone from an adult
male & 2 infant afarensis from an exposure eroded by the Kantis River in
Ongata-Rongai, a settlement in the outskirts of Nairobi:"

---

Kantis: A new Australopithecus site on the shoulders of the Rift Valley
near Nairobi, Kenya
Emma Mbua ... Masato Nakatsukasa 2016
JHE 94:28­44
doi 10.1016/j.jhevol.2016.01.006
< http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhevol.2016.01.006>

Most Plio-Pleistocene sites in the Gregory Rift Valley that have yielded
abundant fossil hominins lie on the Rift Valley floor.
Here we report a new Pliocene site, Kantis, on the shoulder of the Gregory
Rift Valley,
it extends the geographical range of Au.afarensis to the highlands of
Kenya.
This species (sites in Ethiopia, Tanzania & possibly Kenya) is believed to
be adapted to a wide spectrum of habitats, from open grassland to woodland.

-

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nodnarb:
This online book looks very useful if you're researching ancient Egyptian jobs:

http://cdn.tumblebooks.com/pageturner/Pharaohs.html#&panel1-1
 -

Nice find.
Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
These white people know how to hustle. Who would of thought with a name like that she wasn't a sista.

-

-

-

-

She's probably Jewish. Tamara is a Jewish girl name.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xyyman: " These white people know how to hustle. Who would of thought with a name like that she wasn't a sista. "

Ish Gebor: " She's probably Jewish. Tamara is a Jewish girl name. "

Tamara ~ Shamash/Shema(Hebrew)/Sun + Ra(Anc Egypt)/ray/route(Arabic)

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com