EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nubian dispersal into the Maghreb, Arabia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nubian dispersal into the Maghreb, Arabia
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Diffusion with modifications”: Nubian assemblages in the central Negev highlands of Israel and their implications for Middle Paleolithic inter-regional interactions
Mae Goder-Goldberger

Abstract

Nubian Levallois cores, now known from sites in eastern Africa, the Nile Valley and Arabia, have been used as a material culture marker for Upper Pleistocene dispersals of hominins out of Africa. The Levantine corridor, being the only land route connecting Africa to Eurasia, has been viewed as a possible dispersal route. We report here on lithic assemblages from the Negev highlands of Israel that contain both Levallois centripetal and Nubian-type cores. Wetter conditions over the Sahara and Negev deserts during MIS 6a–5e provided a generally ****continuous ****environmental corridor into the Levant that enabled the dispersal of hominin groups bearing the Nubian variant of prepared core technologies. The Negev assemblages draw renewed attention to the place of the Levant as one of the dispersal routes out of Africa during the Late Pleistocene and could suggest that processes of human dispersals and cultural diffusion resulted in the spread of Nubian technology across eastern Africa, the **western Sahara*** and the Nile Valley, the **southern Levant and Arabia**.

Keywords
Nubian technology;
Levant;
Dispersals;
Middle Stone Age;
Middle Paleolithic;
Cultural interactions

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember I stated the Sahara and Arabia was essentially ONE land mass Arabia is an extension of Africa. See drawings on ESR!!

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.Havoc
Banned
Member # 18722

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for R.Havoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEEP DREAMING!! LOL

"NORTH AFRICA IS ALSO AN EXTENSION OF EUROPE!!" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Remember I stated the Sahara and Arabia was essentially ONE land mass Arabia is an extension of Africa. See drawings on ESR!!

-

Posts: 496 | From: Greenland | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did Napoleon say about Africa?

[OK I know I just fed a troll,
please forgive me yall.

I suspect this iTrump is
a management plant.

People I asked to sign up
seasons ago were never
granted membership, yet
here this iTrump got a
membership. Go figure.]

Note Iberia, Apennines, etc., broke off of Africa
 -

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iTrump:
KEEP DREAMING!! LOL

"NORTH AFRICA IS ALSO AN EXTENSION OF EUROPE!!" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

-

When ever this iTrump/ caveman individual says something, it's insignificant and dumb. No wonder iTrump/ caveman most of the time doesn't dialog, I do wonder what face goes with this stupidity.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
[QB] What did Napoleon say about Africa?

[OK I know I just fed a troll,
please forgive me yall.

I suspect this iTrump is
a management plant.

People I asked to sign up
seasons ago were never
granted membership, yet
here this iTrump got a
membership. Go figure.]

wise up, it's caveman, 2011
Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethiop
Member # 20120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ethiop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by xyyman:
[QB] “Diffusion with modifications”: Nubian assemblages in the central Negev highlands of Israel and their implications for Middle Paleolithic inter-regional interactions
Mae Goder-Goldberger

I am confuse, NO such entity existed during this period named Nubia.

Posts: 48 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com