EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Are the wrestlers in the tomb of Tjeneny really Nubian 2016 update + who's Tjeneny? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Are the wrestlers in the tomb of Tjeneny really Nubian 2016 update + who's Tjeneny?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:

Das Grab des Tjanuni. This says the Tomb (grave) of TJANUNI. That is not a problem. My German is well, so I can read the PDF with ease. But I don't understand your post, that it what I am referring at. What is it you try to say here? [/QB]

II'm saying find this and read it
It is also on German but is and older 1977 publication, author Artur Brack. I have not posted it. I don't have access >

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/11621584?selectedversion=NBD1143622

1977, German, Book, Illustrated edition:
Das Grab des Tjanuni : Theben Nr. 74 / von Annelies u. Artur Brack.
Brack, Annelies.

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lioness the Ferret.

Props and a big up
4t fuller scene. More!

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

Das Grab des Tjanuni. This says the Tomb (grave) of TJANUNI. That is not a problem. My German is well, so I can read the PDF with ease. But I don't understand your post, that it what I am referring at. What is it you try to say here?

II'm saying find this and read it
It is also on German but is and older 1977 publication, author Artur Brack. I have not posted it. I don't have access >

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/11621584?selectedversion=NBD1143622

1977, German, Book, Illustrated edition:
Das Grab des Tjanuni : Theben Nr. 74 / von Annelies u. Artur Brack.
Brack, Annelies. [/QB]

Ok, I will do deepsearch on this one. Thanks.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Lioness the Ferret.

Props and a big up
4t fuller scene. More!

-same as your source but glyphs at top showing, my crop
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
William Linn Westermann

https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/presidential-addresses/william-linn-westermann

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - yours
 - mine

You also have the top register.
It'd be interesting to see the
full knotty head drummer
register. Heck, any else
from TT74 will do fine.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Lioness the Ferret.

Props and a big up
4t fuller scene. More!

-same as your source but glyphs at top showing, my crop

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
UNESCO World Heritage images.

http://www.lebrecht.co.uk/search?s=TJENUNY

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
William Linn Westermann

https://www.historians.org/about-aha-and-membership/aha-history-and-archives/presidential-addresses/william-linn-westermann

It's funny, because this images is on the cover of Scientific American, issued June 1949. But nowhere in the actually publication is spoken of this image, or is this being shown.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb] William Linn Westermann

It's funny, because this images is on the cover of Scientific American, issued June 1949. But nowhere in the actually publication is spoken of this image, or is this being shown.

You have an link above to a speech transcript given in 1994 by William Linn Westermann. The title: " Between Slavery and Freedom"

The june 1949 article also by Westerman which appeared in Scientific American is called "Ancient Slavery"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ancient-slavery/

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb] William Linn Westermann

You have an link above to a speech transcript given in 1994 by William Linn Westermann. The title: " Between Slavery and Freedom"

The june 1949 article also by Westerman which appeared in Scientific American is called "Ancient Slavery"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ancient-slavery/

The first link (post) was a hint the the author. I didn't not posses the 1949 Scientific American article yet. Now I do. So I posted the actual source. Meaning the cover. And yes it's from that link, Scientific American Volume 180, Issue 6. "Ancient Slavery". As the cover shows.

The only time Egypt is being mentions is:
quote:
In the legislation set up to control slave systems the history of human en­ slavement can be traced back to the earliest periods of written laws known to us: in Egypt, in Babylonia, and in the Mediterranean areas that later fell under Greek and Roman control. This carries the system some 5,000 years back from the present day.
Scientific American decided to used that image. But it has nothing to do with the article itself. While I was under the assumption the article would elaborate on the origin of that depiction, my curiosity got disappointed. I think the second publication had a numerological purpose. 1949#1994.

The main problem here is that this image is being used widespread, all over the net, however the source remains unknown. And no one ever elaborates on the source.

Examples:

http://www.touregypt.net/images/stories/slaves1.jpg

http://m.touregypt.net/featurestories/slaves.htm

http://factsaboutancientegyptianlaves.weebly.com

However, below appears to be the same image, but is has no color, so who decided to color it, as we see at Scientific American:

-

I know that at the temple Abu Simbel there are some murals of prisoners. Different kinds no of prisoners. But I can't recall this one. So to me it remains a mystery.

The thing that makes it ironic is that the Abu Simbel temple was relocated. Meaning the construction was deconstructed, and reconstructed.

A film on the archaeological significance of the huge Egyptian temples of Abu Simbel and their dissection and removal, stone by stone, to higher grounds out of the reach of the waters of t

http://www.unesco.org/archives/multimedia/?s=films_details&pg=33&id=67

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

quote:

Abu Simbel Temples: Relocation due to Aswan Dam

In professor Watrall’s lectures last week, he mentioned that modern Egypt built the Aswan Dam in an attempt to try to contain and minimize the impacts of the annual rising and falling of the water levels of the Nile that for centuries has caused fluctuations in the productivity of agriculture on the flood lands along the river. Due to the construction of the dam, many archaeological sites we threaten by the flooding that would result from the construction of the dam. One of the most famous sites that were threatened was the Abu Simbel temples located in Nubia. For those who are not familiar with the temples, the temples are located on the west bank of the Nile, just southwest of Aswan and were originally constructed during the time period of the Pharaoh Ramses II (around 1257 BCE).

abu simbel temples

The Abe Simbel temples are spectacular! In the past I had read about them and have grown quite fond of the temples themselves. The temples were discovered in 1813 and were explored in 1817 by Giovanni Battista Belzoni. The temples themselves were actually carved into a face of a cliff, much like our very own Mount Rushmore here in the United States. Instead of 5 faces of past presidents, the Abu Simbel temples’ front face shows four colossal seated figures of Ramses himself, all about 67 feet in height. It has been said that the construction of the temple took about 20 years to complete.

When the proposal of the construction of the Aswan Dam begun and discussions about the area at which would most likely flood started, it became imperative to move the Abel Simbel temples to a location that they would be safe from the rising water levels of Lake Nassar. So in 1959, an international donations campaign to save the monument began. According to one resource, the actual saving and reconstruction act for the temples required 5 years of time and approximately $40 million dollars. On Nov. 16,1963, the disassembling of the temples began. With the help of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the Egyptian government, the temples were successfully moved and reconstructed on top of a cliff another 200 feet above the original site.

During my search, I ran across a link for a video that discussed some of the tactics used to disassemble the temples. I thought it was extremely interesting and entertaining so I thought I would share it with you.

Moving the Abu Simbel Temples

http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp363-ss13/2013/02/06/abu-simbel-temples-relocation-due-to-aswan-dam/
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Istituto Superiore d'Arte Venturi - esperienze didattiche - Visita al Museo Civico Archeologico di Bologna, Sezione Egizia

L'esperienza di visita al museo egizio è nata dalla necessità di far vedere agli alunni manufatti simili a quelli studiati, per tradurre l’esperienza astratta della lezione in classe a quella piu’ concreta dell’esperienza diretta.
La visita, realizzata nel dicembre 2012, è stata pensata a conclusione di un percorso di studio fatto sull’arte e sulla civiltà egizia.

La sezione egiziana del Museo Archeologico di Bologna, che comprende circa 3500 oggetti, è una delle più significative d’Italia e d'Europa. Essa è costituita in gran parte dai materiali raccolti dal pittore Pelagio Palagi, ceduti al Municipio di Bologna nel 1861, dopo la sua morte. Questa raccolta si arricchisce nel 1881 di un centinaio di oggetti provenienti dal Regio Museo dell’Università e, negli anni successivi, di altre collezioni minori o saltuarie acquisizioni. L’intera collezione è stata riallestita nel 1994 secondo nuovi criteri espositivi. La sezione è suddivisa in tre settori: il primo comprende i rilievi della necropoli di Saqqàra, il secondo espone i materiali in ordine cronologico a partire dalle origini della storia egiziana fino all’epoca romana, il terzo illustra alcuni aspetti fondamentali della società faraonica, come la scrittura, il culto funerario e la magia.

Video-presentazione:
Vittoria Maiocco, docente di storia dell’arte
classe 1D dell'ISA Venturi di Modena
foto di Lia Ferracini, 1D

http://www.isaventuri.it/TEDDOC/DOCDIDA/12-13/museo_egizio/museo_egizio.html

The google translation:

quote:

Civic Museum of Bologna - Egyptian Section
Visit the 1D

December 2012
Civic Archaeological Museum of Bologna, Egyptian Section
Via dell'Archiginnasio 2

The 1D visit the Egyptian Museum of Bologna - Collection Pelagio Palagi
The experience of visiting the Egyptian museum was born from the need to show pupils similar articles to those studied, to translate the abstract experience of the lesson in the classroom to the more 'concrete experience direct.
The visit, conducted in December 2012, was conceived at the conclusion of a study done on art and Egyptian civilization.

The Egyptian section of the Archaeological Museum of Bologna, which includes about 3,500 items, is one of the most important in Italy and Europe. It is made largely from material collected by the painter Pelagio Palagi, transferred to the Municipality of Bologna in 1861, after his death. This collection is enriched in 1881 with a hundred objects from the Royal Museum of the University and, in subsequent years, other smaller collections or occasional acquisitions. The entire collection has been set up again in 1994 according to new exhibition criteria. The section is divided into three sections: the first includes the findings of the necropolis of Saqqara, the second presents the material in chronological order starting from the origins of Egyptian history until Roman times, the third illustrates some fundamental aspects of pharaonic society, as writing, the funeral cult and magic.

Video presentation:
Maiocco victory, art history teacher
Class 1D ISA Venturi in Modena
photos of Lia Ferracini, 1D

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isaventuri.it%2FTEDDOC%2FDOCDIDA%2F12-13%2Fmuseo_egizio%2Fmuseo_egizio.html
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Finally, this limestone appears to be from:

quote:
Rilievi con prigionieri Nubiani controllati da soldati egiziani XVIII dinastia, regno di Tutankhamon (1333 – 1323 a.C.) Calcare Saqqara, Tomba di Horemheb. Collezione Palagi, già Nizzoli Museo Civico Archeologico, Bologna, inv. EG 1869 = 1887 Altezza: 62,5cm, larghezza: 85cm©

quote:
Reliefs with Nubians prisoners controlled by Egyptian soldiers Eighteenth Dynasty , reign of Tutankhamun (1333 - 1323 BC ) Limestone Saqqara , Tomb of Horemheb . Palagi collection , already Nizzoli Museo Civico Archeologico , Bologna , cat. EG 1869 = 1887 Height : 62,5cm , width: 85cm ©
 -

I now see how I missed this on at Tomb KV57. When I was there this section was closed. They often close certain sections at the Valley of Kings. I have to revised sometime.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Mike has a page on Horemheb.

-

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Common/Egypt/Corpus_2.htm

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
More on Horemheb.

It's almost wacky in the head the way they bolster "Nubian slaves", but don't show other remains of the tomb.

-

-

-

-

-

http://www.osirisnet.net/tombes/pharaons/horemheb/e_horemheb_pharaon_01.htm

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:
Rilievi con prigionieri Nubiani controllati da soldati egiziani XVIII dinastia, regno di Tutankhamon (1333 – 1323 a.C.) Calcare Saqqara, Tomba di Horemheb. Collezione Palagi, già Nizzoli Museo Civico Archeologico, Bologna, inv. EG 1869 = 1887 Altezza: 62,5cm, larghezza: 85cm©

quote:
Reliefs with Nubians prisoners controlled by Egyptian soldiers Eighteenth Dynasty , reign of Tutankhamun (1333 - 1323 BC ) Limestone Saqqara , Tomb of Horemheb . Palagi collection , already Nizzoli Museo Civico Archeologico , Bologna , cat. EG 1869 = 1887 Height : 62,5cm , width: 85cm ©
 -

I now see how I missed this on at Tomb KV57. When I was there this section was closed. They often close certain sections at the Valley of Kings. I have to revised sometime.

The piece is located at the Archaeological Museum of Bologna
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

The original.

-

It's not surprising that two black African groups have different facial features. They seem to have the same skin-tone in that picture.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

The original.

-

It's not surprising that two black African groups have different facial features. The Egyptian captors have the same skin-tone as the prisoners in that picture.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:
[QB] Unknown prisoner:

-

^^^
Code: W002620
Artist: Egyptian art
City: St. Louis (MO)

-
A stela in Cairo (JE 46189) shows Ramses II grasping captives

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

The original.

-

It's not surprising that two black African groups have different facial features. They seem to have the same skin-tone in that picture.

You are calling the lower picture the original yet it's a different picture.
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QB] Unknown prisoner:

-

^^^

-

What Nation is that red-brown prisoner from?
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

The original.

-

You are calling the lower picture the original yet it's a different picture.
You're right, it does look different on second observation, but all the Africans in that picture have the same skin-tone. It might be part of the same series of murals.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-
A stela in Cairo (JE 46189) shows Ramses II grasping captives What Nation is that red-brown prisoner from?

probably Syro-palestinian Asiatic

also on the back right a yellowish tone, probably Libyan

the black figure, south of Egypt

kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably,probably,probably........

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

I mixed up the info.

I already had it up there:

Civic Museum of Bologna - Egyptian Section
Visit the 1D

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

-
A stela in Cairo (JE 46189) shows Ramses II grasping captives What Nation is that red-brown prisoner from?

probably Syro-palestinian Asiatic

also on the back right a yellowish tone, probably Libyan

the black figure, south of Egypt

You are probably wrong.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:
 -

Why are you posting this, when it's written in the elaborate information? A few days ago I asked you what the source is, and you said: "I don't know". You're a dick rider.
you are quite stupid

this is the first time the museum was mentioned in this thread >>

quote:
quote:
Lioness, what is the source and origin of this images?

I also posted comparative are.

I don't know why your are asking this:

Musei Civici di Bologna - Museo Civico Archeologico,

You just posted 3 pictures with no info

^^^As you can see jackass, I didn't say "I don't know" I said

> I don't know why you are asking this <

stupid, that's different

then after I gave you the answer you said "I now see how I missed this on at Tomb KV57. When I was there this section was closed."

At that point I had to remind you why you didn't see it in Egypt

NOT BECAUSE THE SECTION WAS CLOSED BECAUSE LIKE MANY EGYPTIAN ARTIFACTS THE PIECE IS NO LONGER IN IT'S ORIGINAL LOCATION IT'S IN
Musei Civici di Bologna

and the second time I even spelled it out in English for you

the Archaeological Museum of Bologna

and now a second time the link

http://www.museibologna.it/archeologicoen/percorsi/66287/id/75337/oggetto/75338/

click on the small set of 4 images to enlarge image 2
" Relief with Nubian prisoners"

LOCATED IN ITALY NOT EGYPT fool

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
^Nope, I have corrected my post. LOL

The piece is originally from Saqarra as they claim, there is where I mixed up the info,

quote:
But you're right. You said I don't know why you're asking this.

quote:
quote:
Lioness, what is the source and origin of this images?

I also posted comparative are.

I don't know why your are asking this:

Musei Civici di Bologna - Museo Civico Archeologico,

You just posted 3 pictures with no info

quote:
Relief from the tomb of Horemheb with Nubian prisoners

Additional information

The only Bolognese relief carved in recess depicts a group of Nubians prisoners, recognizable by the physical features of negroid type, the frizzy hair and loop earrings. These sit on the ground in an act of submission, guarded by three armed Egyptian soldiers with sticks, while a scribe, who holds in his hands the palette for color tablets and stylus, takes the minutes of what is happening and choose between the two servants prisoners for Tutankhamun's court, as he says in the inscription in hieroglyphics surrounding the scene.

Inventory number: KS 1869 = 1887 Rilievo from the tomb of Horemheb with Nubian prisoners

The relief, together with other four in the Museum, comes from the Memphite tomb of General Horemheb, who ended his amazing becoming last pharaoh military and political career of the Eighteenth Dynasty. Before being elected ruler of Egypt, and to choose which burial place the Valley of the Kings, Horemheb had built two graves: one at Amarna, at the time of the so-called heretic Pharaoh Akhenaten, and a second at Saqqara during the reign of Tutankhamen, they come from these and many other parietal fragments now exhibited in various European and American museums.

Provenance: Egypt: Saqqara. Palagi collection (Nizzoli)
Dating: New Kingdom: Eighteenth Dynasty, reign of Tutankhamun (1332 - 1323 BC)
Material: limestone with traces of color
Size: 62.5 x 85 cm

http://www.museibologna.it/archeologicoen/percorsi/66287/id/75337/oggetto/75338/
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
You are probably wrong.

stop wasting everybody's time. That is not an argument

"you're wrong" is worthless unless you have information to present

You are not trying to contribute to the thread question you are just trying to prove me wrong about something for it's own sake, that's infantile

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
You are probably wrong.

stop wasting everybody's time. That is not an argument

"you're wrong" is worthless unless you have information to present

You are not trying to contribute to the thread question you are just trying to prove me wrong about something for it's own sake, that's infantile

LOL At the probable cause.

Jack an' jive. They probably came from Mars. Prove me wrong.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Interesting.

quote:

The Egyptian collection of the Archaeological Museum of Bologna

The Egyptian collection of the Archaeological Museum of Bologna is one of the most important in Italy, together with those of Turin and Florence, and it is also relevant at European level for the number, historical value and conservation status of its approximately 4,000 objects1. The Egyptian department, like many other sections of the museum, was founded in 1881 by the merging of the Egyptian antiquities of the University Museum with the magnificent collection of the Bolognese painter Pelagio Palagi (1775-1860)2.

After the Napoleonic expedition in Egypt (1798-1799), kings, statesmen and, more seldom, privates purchased important collections of antiquities that would form the core of major museums of Europe. Pelagio Palagi was one of these great collectors. Between 1831 and 1832, he bought most of his 3109 Egyptian objects from Giuseppe Nizzoli, chancellor at the Austrian consulate in Egypt from 1818 to 18283. The antiquities sold to Palagi came from the antique market in Cairo or from excavations, including those carried out in the necropolis of Saqqara between April and May 1825 by Amalia Sola, the nineteen-year old wife of Nizzoli4.

[...]

The problem of duplication through a model made by contact with the originals was thus overcome and the ‘issue’ on the Horemheb reliefs, interrupted years before only for preservation reasons, was resumed. The Archaeological Museum of Bologna’s proposal of producing a few high-quality replicas in marble of its reliefs from Saqqara, more durable than the limestone of the originals and more valuable than the mixture of resin and plaster used for the casts of the Eighties11, has been well accepted by Prof. Dr. Maarten J. Raven, the field director of the Dutch excavation mission in Saqqara since 1999. Furthermore, this project has become the start of the five-year agreement mentioned above12.

By mutual agreement between the two partners, it has been decided to produce only the replica of the Horemheb relief featuring Nubian prisoners, since it is the only one whose original position on the est wall (south side) of the inner courtyard is well known13. The other four Bolognese reliefs, one from the central chapel of the inner courtyard and three from the second courtyard, are not contiguous to the wall fragments still in situ, and it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to put them back in their position. It seemed, thus, more suitable to produce the replica of a pillar from the north wall of Ptahemwia’s tomb, a burial discovered by Maarten Raven in 200714.

[...]

The catalogue of the third Nizzoli’s collection, i.e Catalogo Dettagliato della Raccolta di Antichità Egizie riunite da Giuseppe Nizzoli, Alessandria d’Egitto 1827, definitely mentions the relief of Horemheb with Nubian prisoners, while the other four reliefs were added in the handwritten notes at the bottom of the copy used as inventory for the sale to Palagi; see Pernigotti 1991:64, 66, 78- 79.

-

The “Horemheb & Saqqara” project
Daniela Picchi (Archaeological Museum of Bologna)

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/research/directory/material_culture_wengrow/Daniela_Picchi.pdf

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[QB] Unknown prisoner:

-

^^^

http://www.artofcounting.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/RamsesII-smiting-loop-stela-Egypt.jpg

Hogwash individual, where did I post that image in this thread, or anywhere else on this forum.

That image, ironically I have seen it at Abu Simbel. Remember, the relocation?

Unknown prisoner. LOL SMH

Title: A fragment of a relief with a depiction of a Nubian slave.
Period/Style: Not available
Genre: Not available

http://www.scalarchives.com/web/dettaglio_immagine.asp?idImmagine=W002620&posizione=23&inCarrello=False&numImmagini=26&

In contrast:

M.A. Mansoor Amarna Collection

Smenkhkara and Meritaten

-

-

Lintel of Amenemhat I and Deities

Period: Middle Kingdom
Dynasty: Dynasty 12
Reign: reign of Amenemhat I–Senwosret I
Date: ca. 1981–1952 B.C.
Geography: From Egypt, Memphite Region, Lisht North, Pyramid Temple of Amenemhat I, MMA excavations, 1907
Medium: Limestone, paint
Dimensions: H. 36.8 cm (14 1/2 in.); W. 172.7 cm (68 in.); D. 13.3 cm (5 1/4 in.)
Credit Line: Rogers Fund, 1908
Accession Number: 08.200.5

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/08.200.5/

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:
[QB] Unknown prisoner:

-

^^^

http://www.artofcounting.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/RamsesII-smiting-loop-stela-Egypt.jpg

Hogwash individual, where did I post that image in this thread, or anywhere else on this forum.

So you would not post stuff like this ?

But you did, here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=010835

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:
[QB] Unknown prisoner:

-

^^^

So you would not post stuff like this ?

But you did, here:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=010835

I totally forgot about that one. I guess it was important enough for you to repost it.

You should have reposted this one as well. Simply for balance.

However, these following depictions date firm around the he same dynasty. I always wondered why these folks never show these images site-by-site.

A detail of a relief showing Nefertiti kissing her daughter, perhaps Meritaten, under the rays of the Aten:

-

Or

Mastaba-Chapel of Hetepherakhet
"Rijksmuseum van Oudheden" Leiden Netherlands

https://www.flickr.com/photos/manna4u/

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
I say put it all up
what is the information on what looks like fishermen?

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
I saw put it all up
what is the information on what looks like fishermen?

http://mastabase.org

-

http://nickyvandebeek.com/2016/05/bread-and-beer-for-hetepherakhet/

I always wondered about the authenticity of that picture, I knew of the existence and that I have seen it at Abu Simbel. I wonder which one is real and fake. And I am surprised that there is a plate at the Art Museum, St. Louis (MO). Though they say the origin, time and place is unknown. But euronuts go around the Internet ranting: see niggers/ black etc... weren't Egyptians.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
If you look at the Egyptian art depicting Egyptians you see a lot of types, yes
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
If you look at the Egyptian art depicting Egyptians you see a lot of types, yes

That's is because they are a clusters of several ethnic groups from the region. The man in bondage is one of them, but not exclusively a slave or captive because of his facial traits (whether fake or not), contrary what euronuts claim. Just like you will see black folks with different facial triats nowadays.

quote:

There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa.

In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas

[...]

Any interpretation of the biological affinities of the ancient Egyptians must be placed in the context of hypothesis informed by the archaeological, linguistic, geographic or other data.

In this context the physical anthropological evidence indicates that the early Nile Valley populations can be identified as part of an African lineage, but exhibiting local variation.

This variation represents the short and long term effects of evolutionary forces, such as gene flow, genetic drift, and natural selection influenced by culture and geography"

--Kathryn A. Bard (STEPHEN E. THOMPSON Egyptians, physical anthropology of Physical anthropology) (1999, 2005, 2015)
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
 -

Roman Egypt, c. 1st - 3rd Century AD. Great Egyptian gold and bronze loop from the Roman Period. The core of heavy bronze over which sheet gold has been hammered. 32 x 26mm. Few areas where the bronze core has been exposed. A neat piece which may be a form of jewelry or perhaps a loop for a larger composition. Ex property from a private San Francisco estate; estate residuary beneficiary California Pacific Medical Center Foundation. #AE2039x2: $399

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com