EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The brave new era of human genetic testing (2008) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The brave new era of human genetic testing (2008)
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey 42tribesman

OK GPS showed 14 of your tribes
but I got some GPS ??? 4 U.

How d'ya like the migration map?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The migration map was kinda weak.
It showed a 68K mile migration from the east end of Nigeria to the west end of Nigeria from 700 to 1500AD.
And a 150K Northwest migration from Sweden to Finland/Russia from 700 AD to 1300 AD.

I hope its updated to go back further.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does throw shade on the Bantu Migration. My main Dnatribes Tribe was the Balanta and they claim to have come from the Nile Valley.

#1 Bantu Africa and the Niger-Congo Areas 22.7%
Origin: Peaks in Nigeria and declines in Senegal, Gambia, and Kenya

#2 Madagascar 13.6%
Origin: Peaks in Madagascar with residues in South Africa

#3 West Africa 12.3%
Origin: Peaks in Senegal and Gambia and declines in Algeria and Mororrco

#7 Nile Valley Peoples 4.5%
Origin: Peaks in Western Ethiopia and south Sudan

#8 African Pygmies 4.5%

#13 Northwestern Africa 2.9%
Origin: Peaks in Algeria and declines in Morocco and Tunisia

#14 Southern Ethiopia 2.2%
Origin: Localized to South Ethiopia

Looks more like Balanta History than the Bantu migration.

-

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of Madagascar

do you have Bantu ethnic origins Fourty2Tribes? Balanta are from Atlantic West Africa aren't they?

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Yes Balanta are of Guineau-Bissau. Guineau-Bissau was my highest two STR African matches. I assumed Balanta by process of elimination. The other Guineau-Bissau tribes were further down and there are African American Balantas.

Ged Match and Dnatribe's STRs are heavier in the west coast of Africa. My Yoruba STRs were 0. My Yoruba SNPs highest.

My Dnatribes SNPs are more inland

Tribes SNPs
Africa Great Lakes 29.2%
West African 17%
Central African 14.1%
Northwest European 11.2%
Balto - North Slavic 5.4%
Basque 5.4%
Madagascar 4.2%
Sephardic Jewish 3.9%
Ashkenazi Jewish 2%
Balkan 1.7%
Pakistani 1.6%
Bantu South African 1.4%
Italian Greek 1.1%
Filipino 1%
North African 1%

1 African American Diaspora
2 Barbados Diaspora
3 Yoruba Nigeria Africa
4 Haiti Diaspora
5 Jamaica Diaspora
6 Yembe Africa
7 Luhya Kenya Africa
8 Bantu Kenya Africa
9 African Qatar Diaspora
10 Herero Namibia Africa
11 Hausa Nigeria Africa
12 Kaba Chad Africa
13 Brong Africa
14 Bamoun Cameroon Africa
15 Mandenka Senegal Africa
16 Igbo Nigeria Africa
17 Dominican Republic Diaspora
18 Mada Cameroon Africa
19 Bantu South Africa Africa
20 Tanzania Africa

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ElMaestro didn't say why GPS wasn't so hot.

quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
The migration map was kinda weak.
It showed a 68K mile migration from the east end of Nigeria to the west end of Nigeria from 700 to 1500AD.
And a 150K Northwest migration from Sweden to Finland/Russia from 700 AD to 1300 AD.

I hope its updated to go back further.

Well, the migration is the key reason for
GPS, especially if you're already tested.

Even though the inventors do caveat GPS's
weaknesses I doubt 42Tribes and Xyyman
(Yankee diasporan Africans?) both have
Atlantic and Malagasy as their two
dominant strains.

The Balanta are Atlantic speakers. Old
Mali histories say Balante were on the
coast when Old Mali empire expanded
over what's now Guinea-Bissau back
in the 1100's.

Some Balante were incorporated into the
local ruled extension of Old Mali setup
by Tiramaghan Traore, a retired general
formerly under Sundiata. But most Balante
kept fiercely independent. They had no
kingdom as such, preferring de-centralized
village society. Each Balante village king's
power was liimited by his council. Nor did
kings collect taxes, they exacted labor.

Balante used wooden statuary icons in
their worship. Deceased were embalmed
and a shrine held a small stone statue
of them for yearly memorial services.

From the late 1500's Bijago delivered
Balante and other South Rivers peoples
to the Portuguese. Not that ailing Mali
and the fresher Kaabu kingdom didn't do
the same. Balante were among the first
casualties of the Hell Across (Maafa).

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Thanks for the knowledge.

They include Senegal and Guinea-Bissau in the Bantu and West African region. In that sense Madagascar is 3rd.

I might take a trip to Guinea-Bissau next year.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly not Madagascar...that I know of. The minor British element is expected(1800's). The west African Senegal component is a given although I was expecting further South like Ghana or Nigeria.

Maybe the Malagasy component is that Ghost population that ALL Diasporan(and/West African) carry tied to the first OOA. Keeping in mind Malagasy(to the south) carry "asian" elements also.

It will be interesting to see if the Software has all Africans carry Malagasy.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Hmm, so have you read Brucato's Coromos study?

ElMaestro linked its K=26 ADMIXTURE plot
a couple of weeks ago

Unlike most such plots his shows
CEU is admixed with 'sub-Saharan African.'
I see 3-5% Inner African admixture
from over four different sources.

I don't think it's noise but why
don't you and elMaestro double
check me? Thanks.

@Forty2Tribes
Anytime man, my pleasure.
Happy Balante Homecoming trip.

--------------------

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Family "CEU" have Americans, so while not noise, the African signatures are barely significant. I'm pretty sure that the ONLY way we'll see a European/SSA overlap non indicative of relatively recent geneflow is if we sequence west African aDNA from a population with absolutely no Eurasian affinity. At that point Eurasian populations, particularly Europe and to a lesser extent the near east will be lit with SSA signatures.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will draw up mine nice and neat but our numbers are a little off. I had a few more African although we both have more African than Eurasian. 12 vs 10.

But are you sure on the age of R0a2f?

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
 -

I left 3 or more slice pies (circles) alone.
I only count circles one step from center circle.
So I didn't count 264 355 189 304.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I got 16 African and 9 for Arabian

quote:
Originally posted by capra:
okay, there are 9 basal branches containing only Africans (North or East/West). then there are 9 which contain both Africans and Eurasians. now i expect you to count shared branches as African because circular reasoning, but why only 7 of them?

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com