EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ramses iii's Tribes score substantiates the MLI scores.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ramses iii's Tribes score substantiates the MLI scores.
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of people know about this http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2013-02-01.pdf

But they might not be familiar with the additional Tribesscore in the Parenthesis.

Ramses iii's top six Tribes score were

Horn region - 0.93
Great Lakes region - 0.84
Tropical West African - 0.76
Levantine - 0.76
North African - 0.75
Southern African - 0.74

My top six Tribes scores were
Horn of Africa 0.31
Sahelian 0.27
Tropical West Africa 0.26
Great Lakes Africa 0.22
North Africa 0.19
Indus Valley 0.13

I had 48 alleles tested Ramses iii had 16.
My MLI scores for the same regions were in the hundread thousands. Ramses's MLI scores were in hundreads. The Tribes scores reveals that the low MLI scores were related to the amount of alleles not the prevalence of these alleles on earth. The Tribes scores proves that these alleles are still bouncing around humanity.

The MLI scores and the Tribes score sorta have opposite functionality. The MLI score is an algorithm that produces a prediction score kinda like a bet based on data. That data is based on the amount of matching Tribes within a region and the amount of matching/exclusive alleles within Tribes. When you only have 16 alleles you have less to match so the algorithm bets less.

The Tribesscore focus more on individual Tribes so someone can see just how Ashanti or how Irish they are compared to other Irish or Ashanti. My highest Tribes score for a specific tribe or in this case the unspecified within a nation is Guineau-Bissau (0.62) my second highest is Guinea-Bissau (0.61).

My next highest are
Somalia (0.28)
Karamoja, Uganda (0.28)

*pause* Somalia... Karamoja??
I thought you said you were African American?
I am! I had a Tropical West Africa MLI score of 603,966.5.

The Tribesscore
quote:
For instance, results listing “Switzerland (0.73)” indicate that your MLI score is higher than 73% of scores from this Swiss reference population, and lower than 27% of these Swiss individuals.
What that says is Ramses iii is more Horner than 93% of Horners. [Eek!]

But remember with less alleles there is less of a chance for a mismatch.

A miscegenation zone like the Horn has more worldly diversity and possibly more African diversity (depends). This is why I have such a high Tribesscore for Somali. I am about 35% percent European so my worldly diversity vibes with the Horn, thus I have a higher Horn Tribes score than any region and Somali is my third highest Tribescore by tribe. I'm more Somali than 27% of Somalis:p.

We see the same with the Karamoja. Remember Ramses iii's near exclusive European allele that is also found in Karamoja. I'm guessing that I might have it or another one like it so I have a high Tribesscore with the worldly cousins to Stonehenge, Karamoja.

Its true that the thousands of years has some effect. I'm much closer to the African American bottleneck than Ramses iii or the Armanas are to modern Egypt. How that factors is a mystery but point is the Tribes Score proves that these alleles are not dead

It's also too bad we didn't get an African panel to compare it to Tukuler's ancestry test.
 -
I wonder what in the Tribes database is leapfrogging the MLI beyond the decedents. I have theories.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com