EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » (not) Libyan mercenaries, Tamahu , Puntite

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (not) Libyan mercenaries, Tamahu , Puntite
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Relief of Libyan mercenaries, Mortuary Temple of Ramesses III, Medinet Habu, Thebes (UNESCO World Heritage List, 1979), Egyptian civilization, New Kingdom, Dynasty XX

https://www.bridgemanimages.com/en/noartistknown/relief-of-libyan-mercenaries-mortuary-temple-of-ramesses-iii-medinet-habu-thebes-unesco-world/nomedium/asset/3027657

-
War Dance of the Timihu (Temehu, Tamahu) at Dier El-Bahari

http://ebooks.lib.ntu.edu.tw/1_file/Gutenberg/17324/v4c.htm#image-0012

-
An inhabitant of the Land of Puanit (Punt)

UPDATE: Sun Apr 8, 2018 top picture may Egyptians from the Festival of Min not Libyans

Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On what is this theory based?
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what theory?
Posts: 42920 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
However at top what Getty images call Libyan may be in fact Egytpian

I lost track of my other thread where Egyptians were mistaken for Libyans in the festival of Min because they had two feathers

-
 -

^^ Egyptians, festival of Min.
I'm going to guess the OP is also not Libyan, maybe somewhere else in the same Ramses-III scene

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

UPDATE: Sun Apr 8, 2018 top picture may Egyptians from the Festival of Min not Libyans

quote:

I lost track of my other thread where Egyptians were mistaken for Libyans in the festival of Min because they had two feathers

I'm going to guess the OP is also not Libyan, maybe somewhere else in the same Ramses-III scene

Why all the bs?
Maybe u nevah had any such thread.
Me Mike111 DougM and Djehuti did.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006762

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^ Stop trolling
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ Stop trolling

<<shock>> Look who's talking lol!

And you can't just poof
and delete my posts here.
Though I fear for threads
and posts of mine that you
now can go back through time
and delete at will. No questions
asked. Nobody the wiser.

Readers can see who thought through
feathers and it weren't you. Just
give creds where they're due
and
grow responsible as befitting
your authority. Hell, there's even
older mouldy ass threads examining
various peoples' use of feathers
detailing ostrich vs other feathers,
significance of the number of them,
who was allowed to wear what, etc.

I agree with the reasoning behind not
bumping old threads, a link'll do fine.
There's so much value in the Rχive that,
as a forum can't be a static webpage,is
'forgotten'.

Recently, re Loosdrecht, Swenet brought up
Chanudaro Lady. Hey, what do I know? Some
interested parties to that tangent would thrill
to him and Djehuti's thread on her. If this was
a blog it could be revisited but ES is a forum board.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
stop trolling, you are ruining this thread
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Stop trolling Lioness

This thread was enhanced by reference to
former discussion you'd now rehash as if
your own. I'm certain anyone inquisitive
about the topic picture appreciates being
able to read about it in depth from various
ES members' point of view instead of a
mine cut and paste job
with no thoughtful analysis or nothing.
I mean, people know how to GOOGLE already.

So stop shouting mad dog and try adding
some value to a beat to death topic.

--------------------

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Libyan may be a misnomer

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
what theory?

Definition of theory

plural theories
1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena the wave theory of light
2 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all
3 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture
c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject theory of equations
4 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art music theory
5 : abstract thought : speculation
6 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theory

quote:

http://emhotep.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/027-yvonne04-Festival-of-Min-Habinet-Habu-Ramses-III.-Carrying-statues-and-standards-Photo-Yvonne-Buskens-January-2010.png
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/SFEC-L-MEDINETHABU11.JPG/800px-SFEC-L-MEDINETHABU11.JPG

Hmmmm, okay.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com