EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Whoa wait wait what? Capra? Really? What? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Whoa wait wait what? Capra? Really? What?
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More lies being exposed. They would not release the data for independent analysis. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!Ha!

====
No evidence for unknown archaic ancestry in South Asia Pontus Skoglund1,2

Genomic studies have documented a contribution of archaic Neanderthals and Denisovans to non-Africans1,2. Recently Mondal et al.3 published a major dataset—the largest whole genome sequencing study of diverse South Asians to date—including 60 mainland groups and 10 indigenous Andamanese. They reported analyses claiming that nearly all South Asians harbor ancestry from an unknown archaic human population that is neither Neanderthal nor Denisovan. However, the statistics cited in support of this conclusion do not replicate in other data sets, and ***in fact contradict the conclusion.***

One possible explanation for the skew that the authors observe3 is batch artifacts, reflecting differences in laboratory or computer processing between the data newly reported by Mondal et al., and the data from non-Indians used for comparison10. Separate processing is known to be able to cause correlation of errors within datasets, and this could explain why the newly reported South Asian genomes appear (artifactually) to share fewer alleles with other modern humans. However, the data used by Mondal et al. have not been made available for independent reanalysis, and without this, a definitive explanation is not possible. Whatever the explanation, our analyses contradict the claim of unknown archaic ancestry in South Asians.

So. Paabo and Greene et al are being exposed as liars. Lies! Lies! and more lies!

QUOTE:

The signal of introgression is independent of Neanderthal sequences.
Mutation slowdown predicts that the ABBA-BABA signal is an inherent property of modern humans, arising through a higher African mutation rate, so will be present regardless of the outgroups. I therefore conducted an ABBA-BABA analysis, substituting the Neanderthal genome with ancestral human alleles, AA, as inferred from a panel of primates by the 1000 genomes project, i.e. H1-H2-AA-CMP. To prevent any possible spill-over signal, all informative Neanderthal sites that contributed to the original ABBA-BABA signal were excluded. The resulting ABBA-BABA signal is even stronger than for H1-H2-NEA-CMP (Fig 2). The presence of a signal that not only remains but actually increases in strength when Neanderthal information is excluded indicates that much or all of the signal is unrelated to Neanderthal introgression and requires an alternative explanation (Supplementary material 2).

-----

The quantity of Neanderthal DNA in modern humans: a reanalysis
relaxing the assumption of constant mutation rate.
William Amos
Department of Zoology
Downing Street
Cambridge
CB2 3EJ

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said. I am here to teach...................!!!!!

We act like there is a physically border between Africa and Europe. AMH can migrate TO Europe from Gibraltar but NOT Neanderthal? lol! SMH. Man! You people. Logic is a bitch to some of us!

Come on Sage. That is like saying La Brana and Cheddar Man should be like a modern day white European.

We need to stop projecting our modern geopolitical beliefs into the past. These belief and views only came about 400years ago NOT 80,000 years ago!!! Abstract thoughts! people, Abstract thought!

""Neanderthal body plan and face seem odd for
folk living in Africa even the north Maghreb.
The last ones died in Spain, never crossed
Gibraltar. Neanderthal ancestor may be
from Africa, but not Neanderthal.""

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever you say Mensa.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Don't take it personal master.

But we have youn un's reading this. Remember it is not about us it is about the new breed. Give them the tools to think critically. That is what higher level of learning is about.

No dogma but critical thoughts.

Anyone else?

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
Whatever you say Mensa.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
To those who did not get it. They researchers are calling out Paabo and Greene on their BS theory of Neanderthal and AMH mating.

IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
[QB] As I said. I am here to teach...................!!!!!

We act like there is a physically border between Africa and Europe. AMH can migrate TO Europe from Gibraltar but NOT Neanderthal? lol! SMH. Man! You people. Logic is a bitch to some of us!

this is a logical fallacy. You say in effect that because Neanderthals and polar bears could walk across the sinai that they are both originate in Africa.
I don't know why you have to even mention Gibraltar

Because something could go from one place to another doesn't mean that you can just choose where they originate out of where you want them to originate

Further, Denisova was found in Siberia
And if you want to say "well maybe they came from Africa"
even if they did it would be irrelevant because Africans didn't mix with them, Oceanic people did and the is shown in DNA matching

Posts: 43031 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
HA! HA! HA! you are such a ditz and manipulator. First I don't argue hypotheticals.

and second - Too many straw man in your statement

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
[QB] As I said. I am here to teach...................!!!!!

this is a logical fallacy. You say in effect that because Neanderthals and polar bears could walk across the sinai that they are both originate in Africa.
I don't know why you have to even mention Gibraltar

Because something could go from one place to another doesn't mean that you can just choose where they originate out of where you want them to originate

Further, Denisova was found in Siberia
And if you want to say "well maybe they came from Africa"
even if they did it would be irrelevant because Africans didn't mix with them, Oceanic people did and the is shown in DNA matching

--------------------

Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, whatever you say Mensa.

Convincing you or anyone of anything isn't my career choice.

Pro and con reports are out there. Based on them my mind's as made up as yours
except I'm welcome to 3rd millennium paradigms that will replace all previous a priori
like shooting a arrow then drawing the target and hollering BULL'S-EYE!

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It begins:
The limits of long-term selection against Neandertal introgression

This might warrant its own tread considering, that one point that researchers are concluding on is wide spread near eastern Admixture in Africa 20kya.

This includes West and central Aficans btw*

-__-

I feel like I'm missing something... The answer seems obvious IDK why geneflow from Africa is never considered.

There's also some very interesting comments circling the web (twitter for example) about basal Eurasian....

will follow up

Posts: 1785 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
It begins:
The limits of long-term selection against Neandertal introgression

This might warrant its own tread considering, that one point that researchers are concluding on is wide spread near eastern Admixture in Africa 20kya.

This includes West and central Aficans btw*

-__-

I feel like I'm missing something... The answer seems obvious IDK why geneflow from Africa is never considered.

There's also some very interesting comments circling the web (twitter for example) about basal Eurasian....

will follow up

Yeah, this would make a good discussion as its own thread.

By the way, here's some commentary on the paper over at Ancient DNA Era.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7165 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Duh!

" The answer seems obvious IDK why gene flow from Africa is never considered."

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com