EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Books on Ancient Egypt for children

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Books on Ancient Egypt for children
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

I want to ask you all if you can recommend me books about Ancient Egypt for ages 3-6?

I searched on the internet, but I was not happy about the results (too eurocentric).

Thank!

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arwa

https://www.amazon.com/Story-Early-Ancient-Egypt-Prehistoric/dp/0956252524/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=the+story+of+early+ancient+egypt&qid=1572351708&sr=8-4

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Punos_Rey!

Just browsed the author, and I liked what so far :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Punos_Rey:
Arwa

https://www.amazon.com/Story-Early-Ancient-Egypt-Prehistoric/dp/0956252524/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=the+story+of+early+ancient+egypt&qid=1572351708&sr=8-4

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gorden
Member # 23153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gorden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought "The Time Travelling Cat And The Egyptian Goddess by Julia Jarman" and "My Story: Cleopatra by Kristiana Gregory" for my niece. She loved the books very much [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing how gullible some people are for seeking validation of their own theories, regardless of the actual facts.

Hitler was someone who helped his countrymen see the Jews and many other Non-Germans as inferior than them, by feeding then fake news.

Many Afrocentric families are being fed crap, just to please a racist agenda propagated by a clueless self-appointed leadership of zany-so-called-elite-afrocentrics.

Posts: 1061 | From: Laos | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by viceroy:
It's amazing how gullible some people are for seeking validation of their own theories, regardless of the actual facts.

Fakeroy,

Explain why over 90% of murals all over Egypt, look like the below?

-

quote:
Hitler was someone who helped his countrymen see the Jews and many other Non-Germans as inferior than them, by feeding then fake news.

Learn how to write proper English first. I am wondering if I am dealing with a retard here! By the way, you are spreading propaganda and lies!

quote:

Many Afrocentric families are being fed crap, just to please a racist agenda propagated by a clueless self-appointed leadership of zany-so-called-elite-afrocentrics.

Who are these many families? Where are they? And what is the racism/ or even racist about the following?

Sennefer and Hatshepsut-Meryetre

-

-

-
Sennefer and his wife Hatshepsut-Meryetre. Louvre Muesum

The Ancient Egyptian noble Sennefer was "Mayor of the City" (i.e. Thebes) and "Overseer of the Granaries and Fields, Gardens and Cattle of Amun" during the reign of Amenhotep II of the 18th dynasty. Being a favourite of the king he accumulated great wealth. He was also allowed to place a double statue of himself and his wife in the temple at Karnak. The famous garden plan, often described is Sennefer's Garden, is more likely to be of a garden which Sennefer managed, and perhaps designed, than to be of a garden which Sennefer owned.

He was the son of Ahmose Humay, a male royal nurse, brother to Amenhotep II's vizier Amenemopet, and married to the royal nurse Sentnay.

Sennefer was married to Hatshepsut-Meryetre, a singer of Amun (not to be confused with Queen Hatshepsut). His elder daughter Muttuy apparently married Kenamun, who succeeded Sennefer as mayor of Thebes.His brother Amenemopet called Pairy was buried close by in TT29.

He was buried in a small but well decorated tomb (TT96, sometimes known as the "Tomb of the Vineyards" due to its decoration), located in the Sheikh Abd el-Qurna district of the Theban Necropolis opposite Luxor in Egypt.

However, some funerary items for Sennefer and his family have been found in KV42, the tomb of Hatshepsut-Meryetre, so he may have re-used this tomb for his actual burial. Some containers of Sennefer and Senetnay were also discovered in KV32, the tomb of Queen Tiaa, wife of Amenhotep II and mother of Thutmose

http://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/sennefer-kings-head-clerk-and-his-wife-hatshepsut

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com