EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nubians are recognized as Indigenous Egyptians and given right to return

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nubians are recognized as Indigenous Egyptians and given right to return
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMirk92         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Nubians of Southern Egypt were given a right to return which is something that can only be granted to an Indigenous population. The Nubians claim no Immigrant origin. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNEG_BAuQAs
Posts: 371 | From: Queens,NY | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMirk92         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nubians are the remaining Black Egyptians that give you a visual look of The Ancient Egyptians.
Posts: 371 | From: Queens,NY | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smirks!

You’re barely making any sense!

Ancient Egypt fought Black Africans mercilessly and they did not mince their words with their description of the Vile Nubians!

Can’t find the exact text and translation, but I’m sure you can look into the matter yourself.

Posts: 1061 | From: Laos | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by viceroy:

Ancient Egypt fought Black Africans mercilessly and they did not mince their words with their description of the Vile Nubians!

Sure, Dumbroy. lol

Egypt in the Late Period (ca. 664–332 B.C.)

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/lapd/hd_lapd.htm

Egypt in the Ptolemaic Period

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/ptol/hd_ptol.htm

They weren't acting like you, a self-defeating self-punching-bag.

-

Early Middle Kingdom: (11th Dynasty around 2055-1985 BC)
provenance: Asyut
area: Egypt
period: 3000-2000 BC
materials: Wood.
themes: After Life. Power.

http://www.unesco.org/culture/museum-for-dialogue/item/en/70/model-of-nubian-soldiers

-

-

Relief aus dem Totentempel der Königin Hatschepsut Festprozession der ägyptischen Soldaten bei der Feier des 'schönen Fests im Wüstental'.
Dynasty 18, 1479-1458 BC
Limestone
Thebes
33 x 58,5 cm
Inv.-No. ÄM 14507

http://www.egyptian-museum-berlin.com/c41.php

quote:

Can’t find the exact text and translation, but I’m sure you can look into the matter yourself.

Dumbroy,

quote:
Then a king will come from the South,
Ameny, the justified, my name,
Son of a woman of Ta-Seti, child of Upper Egypt,
He will take the white crown,
he willjoin the Two Mighty Ones (the two crowns)

Asiatics will fall to his sword,
Libyans will fall to his flame,
Rebels to his wrath, traitors to his might,
As the serpent on his brow subdues the rebels for him,
One will build the Walls-of-the-Ruler,
To bar Asiatics from entering Egypt...

~Ian Shaw
The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yatunde Lisa Bey
Member # 22253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yatunde Lisa Bey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMYQLR4alSM

SOMALI-PUNT: ANCIENT-EGYPTIANS SURVIVORS HARIMADEE Folk Revival Art 2011

1) In ancient-egyptian language "Hes" = song,sing with musical instrument / in somali language :" Hees"= song,sing with musical instrument.
2) "AAR" means Lion in both language .
3) "Usha" means "Scepter" in both language .
4) In Ancient-egyptian "Râ" is the sun-god / in Somali "Qor-Rah" means the "neck of Rah ,sun-god . ( Qor= neck / Rah: sun-god)
5) In Ancient-egyptian "Hun, Hunnu" = young man ,young girl/ in Somali "Hun, Hunno" = young man , young girl .
6) In ancient-egyptian :Ausar =god Osiris ,ancestor of egyptians /.In Somali : Ausar,= Father Sar (AW-father ; Sar), Isir= ancestor .

Somalia is the land of Punt : homeland of ancient-egyptians origins . After ,the asiatics and europeans invasions , they come back to East Africa , land of Punt ,Somalia and a wide part of the current Ethiopia . The Ancient-Egyptians dynastys have had trade relationships with the Land of Punt ; (Frankincence ,myrrh ,baboons, gum etc )
History:« Again the representations of the early Puntites, or Somali people, on the Egyptian monuments, show striking resemblances to the Egyptians themselves. » By Brian Brown New York: Brentano's[1923]/

"The Egyptians sometimes called Punt land Ta-Netjeru, meaning "Land of the Gods," and considered it their place of origin ." (Richard Pankhurst, The Ethiopian Borderlands: Essays in Regional History from Ancient Times to The End of the 18th century (Asmara: Red Sea Press, Inc., 1997), pp.5, 7, 9.)

(Kooxda Waaberi & The Waberi Group of Somalia )

-

History :

"Encyclopædia Britannica describes Punt as follows: “in ancient Egyptian and Greek geography, the southern coast of the Red Sea and adjacent coasts of the Gulf of Aden, corresponding to modern coastal Eritrea, Somalia and Djibouti ."/ In “The Making of Egypt” (1939). Petrie states that the Land of Punt was “sacred to the Egyptians as the source of their race.”

^

In " Short History of the Egyptian People", by E. A. Wallis Budge. Budge stated that “Egyptian tradition of the Dynastic Period held that the aboriginal home of the Egyptians was Punt…”

« Again the representations of the early Puntites, or Somali people, on the Egyptian monuments, show striking resemblances to the Egyptians themselves. » By Brian Brown New York: Brentano's[1923]/ We can understand theses Similarities through their ancestral history :

According to the historian Richard Pankhurst :"""The Egyptians sometimes called Punt land Ta-Netjeru, meaning "Land of the Gods," and considered it their place of origin ." (Richard Pankhurst, The Ethiopian Borderlands:1997)

--------------------
It's not my burden to disabuse the ignorant of their wrong opinions

Posts: 2699 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Smirks!

Because Black Africans never fought/fight each other. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Of course. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
quote:
Smirks!

With that analogy I can claim The Ancient Romans weren't White Europeans because they Mercilessly fought the Barbarian Germans.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Vile ethnicity quotes from Kamose:

(10) Behold! I am come, a successful man! What remains
is in my possession, and my venture prospers! As mighty
Amun endures, I shall not leave you, I shall not allow you
(11) to tread the fields even when I am not (here) with you!

Does your heart fail, O you vile Asiatic?
Look! I drink of the wine of your vineyards
(12) which the Asiatics whom I captured pressed out for me.
I have smashed up your resthouse,
I have cut down your trees,
I have forced your women into ships' holds
(13), I have seized [your] horses;

I haven't left a plank to the hundreds of
ships of fresh cedar which were filled with
gold,
lapis,
silver,
turquoise,
(14) bronze axes
without number, over and above the
moringa-oil,
incense,
fat,
honey,
willow,
box-wood,
sticks and all their
(15) fine woods

- all the fine products of Retenu - I have confiscated all of it!

I haven't left a thing to Avaris to her (own) destitution:
the Asiatic has perished!
(16) Does your heart fail, O you vile Asiatic,
you who used to say: 'I am lord without equal
from Hermopolis to Pi-Hathor upon the Rekhty water

(17) (As for) Avaris on the Two Rivers, I laid it waste without
inhabitants; I destroyed their towns and burned their homes
to reddened ruin-heaps
(18) forever, because of the destruction they had wrought
in the midst of Egypt: they who had allowed themselves to
hearken to the call of the Asiatics, had forsaken Egypt their mistress!

Hyksos Invaders and their Lower Egyptian 5th Columists

quote:
the Teaching for Merikara:

Ah, the vile Asiatic!
He is a misfortune to
the place where he is.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SMirk92
Banned
Member # 23178

Rate Member
Being an Asiatic during the Pharaonic period was synonymous with being a captive. It is this part of history that shaped and inspired the biblical myth of an evil Pharaoh and an Asiatic slave.
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SMirk92:
quote:
Smirks!

With that analogy I can claim The Ancient Romans weren't White Europeans because they Mercilessly fought the Barbarian Germans.
The Greeks fought each other as well, all the time. As did Romans vs Greeks.

quote:
Peloponnesian War, (431–404 BCE), war fought between the two leading city-states in ancient Greece, Athens and Sparta.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Peloponnesian-War

quote:
Macedonian Wars, (3rd and 2nd centuries BC), four conflicts between the ancient Roman Republic and the kingdom of Macedonia. They caused increasing involvement by Rome in Greek affairs and helped lead to Roman domination of the entire eastern Mediterranean area.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Macedonian-Wars

This just shows how uneducated Fakeroy is.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Little afrocentrics just can't seem to comprehend the whole picture: What a shame!

quote:

The Nubians

During almost the entire Dynastic Period of Egypt's history, the Nubians (or Nehesyw) were considered by the Egyptians to be "vile" and "wretched". The official view of the Nubians was clear from a Middle Kingdom boundary stele of Senusret III from Smna which denounces them:

"They are not people one respects; they are wretches, craven hearted. My majesty has seen it, it is not an untruth. I have captured their women, I have carried off their dependents..."

Posts: 1061 | From: Laos | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Slow reading does the trick, you afrocentric hipsters, liars, and hustlers!

During almost the entire Dynastic Period of Egypt's history, the Nubians (or Nehesyw) were considered by the Egyptians to be "vile" and "wretched"

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Little afrocentrics just can't seem to comprehend the whole picture: What a shame!

quote:

The Nubians

During almost the entire Dynastic Period of Egypt's history, the Nubians (or Nehesyw) were considered by the Egyptians to be "vile" and "wretched". The official view of the Nubians was clear from a Middle Kingdom boundary stele of Senusret III from Smna which denounces them:

"They are not people one respects; they are wretches, craven hearted. My majesty has seen it, it is not an untruth. I have captured their women, I have carried off their dependents..."

The above is typical Eurocentric gobbledegook, in trying to make some insignificant point.

-

This is a rare and unique Osiride pillar statue of pharaoh Senusret I of the Middle Kingdom. Made out of limestone, its catalogue number is Luxor J174. It is currently located in the Luxor Museum.

-

Copenhagen. På Carlsberg Glyptotek. AEIN 659, face of bust most likely showing king Senusret II., see M. Joergensen: Catalogue Egypt I (3000 - 1550 B.C.), Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek 1996

-

Senusret III (c. 1878-1860 BCE, also known as Senwosret III, Sesostris III) was the 5th king of the 12th Dynasty of the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (2040-1782 BCE).

quote:
Conclusion

Nubians served in the Egyptian army as mercenaries, as the core of the Egyptian police force, and as guards for royal and non-royal trade expeditions. Although in official Egyptian inscriptions the Nubians, like all non-Egyptians, are regularly depicted in negative terms, in reality they were an integral aspect of Egyptian life and admired the Egyptian culture.

The clearest evidence for this is the veneration of the god Amun in Nubia and the construction of temples and buildings modeled on Egyptian architecture. The Cult of Amun in Egypt was the most powerful and wealthy throughout the country’s history. From the Old Kingdom onwards, Egyptian kings struggled with this particular cult which, at times, was more powerful than the crown."

https://www.ancient.eu/Senusret_III/

Rock Inscriptions from Semna and Kumma
Epigraphic Study
~Elsa Yvanez
https://www.sfdas.com/IMG/pdf/rock-inscrip28e2.pdf

quote:
Our only means of identification are small gravestones, the idiosyncratic hieroglyphs of which point to a date in the First Intermediate Period (Figure 6, right). They identify themselves as Nubians by sometimes using for themselves the clear Egyptian ethnic term for those who lived in the Nile valley south of Aswan, 'Nehesy' (which gave rise to the personal name Panehsy/Pinehas). They are shown with bushy hair, darker skin colour, and a distinctive sash which hangs down the front of their kilts. They carry bows and arrows and sometimes are attended by dogs. As riverine Nubians their cultural background is well known from excavations in Nubia itself and is quite distinctive. So far few traces of it have been found much to the north of Elephantine (Kubbaniya and Hierakonpolis are two sites, perhaps Gebelein is a third). In most of the material necessities of their lives they must have used things of Egyptian style, including the carved and inscribed grave-stones furnished with the standard Egyptian offering-formula. Even further to the north, an Egyptian nobleman of the time, named Mesehet, included within his tomb at Asyut wooden models of a troop of Nubian archers and another of Egyptian spearmen (Figure 6, left).

We identify them as Nubians on account of the darker paint used for their skin and their costume, but nothing from local archaeology identifies the presence of a Nubian population.22

~Barry J. Kemp
Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilization

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Slow reading does the trick, you afrocentric hipsters, liars, and hustlers!

During almost the entire Dynastic Period of Egypt's history, the Nubians (or Nehesyw) were considered by the Egyptians to be "vile" and "wretched"

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Conclusion

Nubians served in the Egyptian army as mercenaries, as the core of the Egyptian police force, and as guards for royal and non-royal trade expeditions. Although in official Egyptian inscriptions the Nubians, like all non-Egyptians, are regularly depicted in negative terms, in reality they were an integral aspect of Egyptian life and admired the Egyptian culture.

The clearest evidence for this is the veneration of the god Amun in Nubia and the construction of temples and buildings modeled on Egyptian architecture. The Cult of Amun in Egypt was the most powerful and wealthy throughout the country’s history. From the Old Kingdom onwards, Egyptian kings struggled with this particular cult which, at times, was more powerful than the crown."

https://www.ancient.eu/Senusret_III/

quote:
Napata and its Amun sanctuary remained the kingdom’s chief religious center and the premier site of all royal coronations. Well into the Common era, Jebel Barkal was thought to be the main Nubian seat of the god Amun, who conferred kingship upon the rulers of Kush – a kingship believed by its possessors to have descended, in that place, directly from the sun god Re at the beginning of time.

http://www.jebelbarkal.org/

quote:
III. A. The Nature of Amun and the Mysteries of Jebel Barkal.(Amen)

It is clear from a complex surviving iconographic and textual record that from early Dynasty 18 the Egyptians assigned Jebel Barkal an outsized religious and political significance because of its peculiar shape.  It is perhaps the unique Egyptian religious site that allows us to perceive how Egyptian religious beliefs were influenced by the natural landscape.  The isolated hill evoked in the Egyptian mind the Primeval Mound of popular myth, on which Creation was thought to have taken place.  “Proof” of the presence here of Amun as Creator was evident to ancient onlookers in the towering, statue-like pinnacle on its south corner (fig. 23), which, when viewed from different angles at different times of the day, suggested to them the forms of many different divine beings or aspects, all of which combined to confirm the presence and protean nature of the god, whose very name meant “Hidden.”

http://www.jebelbarkal.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=62

Rock Inscriptions from Semna and Kumma
Epigraphic Study
~Elsa Yvanez
https://www.sfdas.com/IMG/pdf/rock-inscrip28e2.pdf

A Visitor's Guide to
The Jebel Barkal Temples
~Timothy Kendall, El-Hassan Ahmed Mohamed
http://www.jebelbarkal.org/frames/VisGuide.pdf

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
TEACHING INNOVATIONS

CONFRONTING THE AFROCENTRIC OBSESSION: IT'S WORSE THAN HE THINKS
William Chester Jordan | Sep 1, 1993

Professor Nobile's disturbing report of his experience as a white man teaching African American history explicitly affirms that "communication" is at the heart of teaching. His essay is a poignant lament that, being white, he can no longer communicate to black students, because his audience refuses to listen. To be sure, Nobile initially casts the problem as a quite different, ethical one: "In this age of multiculturalism, should whites teach African American history?" Yet, obviously, if audience resistance makes it impossible to teach, then the question of should is irrelevant.

Presuming that there is good faith on the teacher's side—that he has tried to be comprehensive and accurate in his reconstruction of the past and that there is a genuine desire to share that reconstruction with the student—a central question is why some African American students (and those frequently the most voluble, perhaps even intimidating, among them) appear to be refusing to let constructive communication take place. The answer ought not to be, as Professor Nobile implies, "multiculturalism"—or, at least, not multiculturalism as I would like to understand it. One might hope that the word would connote a recognition, undergirded by historical research, of the multiple contributions of various social, political, economic, ethnic, sexual, religious, and racial groups to an array of cultural phenomena.

But, of course, the word "multiculturalism" can be said to engender a multitude of rather more sinister ideologies: it is the Afrocentric project that Nobile condemns. The defenders of Afrocentrism implicitly or explicitly cover themselves in the mantle of multiculturalism in order to validate this project: if multiculturalism is to prevail, then, we are led to believe, the individual cultures that will compete for recognition of their unique contributions to human progress (note the whiggishness) must be allowed to construct heroic ("their own") pasts for themselves. In this view, white historians are not entirely to be trusted to do so, because of the earlier distortions they or their predecessors imposed on the story of African and African American achievement.

At their worst, then, Afrocentrists will assert that every good thing came out of Africa; and that every great discovery is racially based. Partly, the grotesque distortions pay back other cultural traditions (read: Eurocentrism) for the irreducibly vicious hegemony which they exercised for so long. But partly, as the last sentence hints at already, I (assuming the persona of a radical Afrocentrist) can finally feel good about myself because of my heroic Afrocentrist past. I—in 1993—can reach true self-worth by believing wonderful things, marvelous things about that part of my heritage that flourished on the continent of Africa two or three thousand years ago. Whether those things are true or not (what is truth?), I can feel good if Cleopatra was black. Nay, more: I feel empowered because Cleopatra was black. Moreover, there can be no powerful arguments against Cleopatra being black, for once asserted, the statement becomes a fact—or, perhaps, a creed; and any attempt to challenge the creed constitutes heresy if uttered by a black person (an "oreo") or neocolonialism if uttered by a person who identifies racially or ethnically with the European part of his or her tradition. Any assessments by white scholars and teachers of traits or episodes of African or African American historical behavior as negative, compromising, or self-defeating are seen as attempts to turn the attention of the oppressed away from the crimes of their oppressors.

It does not take much empathy to recognize how disconcerting it must be to go into a classroom tainted with the most extreme of these attitudes. But if Professor Nobile is correct, why are these attitudes so prevalent among, or at least relatively unchallenged by, his African American students? The reason is simple: the enormous scale and the terrifying substance of the problems besetting the African American community and the widely perceived indifference of powerful interests (including the state) to these problems have deepened the resentments of our youth. They seek some sort of release for these frustrations; and, seduced by the ease and local publicity of posturing and being provocative, they often acquiesce in the corrupting formulations of racialists and lash out even against a person like Professor Nobile, a human person to judge from his essay. Professor Nobile is to be commended for developing devices which helped mitigate if not overcome some of the tensions in his classroom and for sticking it out as long as he did. I cannot blame him for finally giving up; it was more honorable than capitulating to his students' demands to be taught lies.

I cannot help but think, however, of how tragic his retreat, if generalized, will be. The few "non-blacks [who took the course Professor Nobile offered] complained that the class was too much confrontation over race and too little history." Self-debilitating Afrocentrism runs the risk of burlesquing young blacks and black aspirations in the minds of their peers in other ethnic, racial, and religious groups. In compulsory radical Afrocentric programs or multicultural programs with radical Afrocentric components in the primary and secondary public schools, the burlesquing already occurs. Some young people of WASPish backgrounds, others of Hispanic descent, leave these classes barely controlling their sniggers and their rage. Some Jews who hear about what they take to be anti-Semitic kernels of certain of these programs, but who want to preserve political ties with African American community leaders, can barely conceal theirs; others do not try.

The claims put forth as definitive knowledge by radical Afrocentric "teachers" reinforce the racism of many non-blacks, for it gives them an excuse—if they need any—to relish their hatreds. Many young blacks, at the same time, can feel deeply embarrassed by the dame outrageous claims, but are under considerable peer pressures that prevent them from speaking their minds. To be sure, not everyone will be corrupted in environments of this sort; there will always be people in elementary school, high school, and college who reject unthinking hatreds or who toy with them awhile before becoming disgusted with themselves and renewing their decency. But a great many people who need help in overcoming their prejudices will never get it in these environments; indeed, their prejudices will be so deeply confirmed that the remainder of their lives will be lived in an unrelieved Manichean drama.

None of this is to say that the hatreds and prejudices would go away if radical Afrocentrism, in its ugly manifestations, went away. None of this is meant to laud the excesses of Eurocentrism or any other distorted view of the past. But what radical Afrocentrism offers to the black community and, because of the reaction it provokes, to other communities is so perverse, so cripplingly celebratory of blacks' own victimization, and yet so afraid to confront what the human feelings of genuine victims were like (witness Nobile's discussion of his students' refusal to discuss slavery) that I can only hope that this brand of Afrocentrism self-destructs from its own inner conflicts as pseudo-scholar after pseudo-scholar comes up with ever more outrageous and mutually contradictory "facts" about the African past. It is only fair to say that I do not think that this will come about easily: logical contradiction cannot of itself undermine an ideological commitment to aggressively irrational, self-referential thinking.

Is there, then, nothing else to be done? It may seem easy for me, safe in an elite institution, a mainly white school, to bewail the sins of my neighbors—expositors and consumers of radical Afrocentrism—whose frustration and rage are hardly without justification. I could ignore the situation altogether, of course. Some leaders among my race deride publishing our internal conflicts as only serving the interests of the "white establishment." I am not entirely unsympathetic to this point of view, at least with regard to certain purely political disputes. Still, I feel constrained to raise my voice publicly against this particular form of intellectual corruption rather than watch silently as so many already marginalized young people slip further and further away from the centers of productive society while celebrating themselves in the empty mantras of obsessive Afrocentrism. I can only hope some others who feel the same way are willing to speak out as well.

—William Chester Jordan is a professor of history at Princeton University.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
TEACHING INNOVATIONS

CONFRONTING THE AFROCENTRIC OBSESSION: IT'S WORSE THAN HE THINKS
William Chester Jordan | Sep 1, 1993

—William Chester Jordan is a professor of history at Princeton University.

The above has been debunked all throughout. Only someone as dumb as Fakeroy, doesn't get it, so Fakeroy is stuck in 1993.

quote:
William Chester Jordan (born April 7, 1948) is an American medievalist, in which field he is a Haskins Medal winner. He is currently the Dayton-Stockton Professor of History and Chairman of the History Department at Princeton University. He is also a former Director of the Program in Medieval Studies at Princeton. Jordan has studied and published on the Crusades, English constitutional history, gender, economics, Judaism, and, most recently, church-state relations in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Chester_Jordan

William Chester Jordan has absolutely nothing to do with any of the sciences like the one being mentioned here. Not even remotely. [Embarrassed]

• Louis IX and the Challenge of the Crusade: A Study in Rulership (Princeton University Press, 1980)

From Servitude to Freedom: Manumission in the Senonais in the Thirteenth Century
  • The French Monarchy and the Jews from Philip Augustus to the Last Capetians
  • Women and Credit in Pre-Industrial and Developing Societies
    The Great Famine: Northern Europe in the Early Fourteenth Century (Princeton University Press, 1996)
  • Europe in the High Middle Ages (Penguin Books, 2002)
  • A Tale of Two Monasteries: Westminster and Saint-Denis in the Thirteenth Century (Princeton University Press, 2009)
  • Men at the Center. Redemptive Governance under Louis IX (Central European University Press, 2012)

For obvious reasons the due can't be taken seriously,

Mentuhotep II biography
Culture/period 11th Dynasty
Date 2055BC-2004BC

-

-

-

Amenhotep III, 18th dynasty
The 18th dynasty spanned the period from 1549/1550 to 1292 BC.

Peintures provenant du tombeau du roi
dans la Vallée de l'Ouest, rive gauche de Louxor
enduit peint
H. : 25,50 cm. ; L. : 25 cm.

http://cartelfr.louvre.fr/cartelfr/visite?srv=car_not_frame&idNotice=11778

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Nothing has been deBunked, except afrocentric lies have been exposed by recent DNA testing on mummies, that proves the AE's were totally unrelated to "Black Africans".

Zsa Zsa

Abu Sir

Abu Sir
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Abu Sir

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for viceroy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Science
DNA from ancient Egyptian mummies reveals their ancestry

Ben Guarino
May 30, 2017 at 12:33 p.m. PDT
Ancient Egyptians were an archaeologist's dream. They left behind intricate coffins, massive pyramids and gorgeous hieroglyphs, the pictorial writing code cracked in 1799. Egyptians recorded tales of royalty and gods. They jotted down life's miscellanies, too, as humdrum as beer recipes and doctor's notes.

But there was one persistent hole in ancient Egyptian identity: their chromosomes. Cool, dry permafrost can preserve prehistoric DNA like a natural freezer, but Egypt is a gene incinerator. The region is hot. Within the mummies' tombs, where scientists would hope to find genetic samples, humidity wrecked their DNA. What's more, soda ash and other chemicals used by Egyptian embalmers damaged genetic material.

A study led by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History and the University of Tubingen in Germany managed to plug some of those genetic gaps. Researchers wrung genetic material from 151 Egyptian mummies, radiocarbon dated between Egypt's New Kingdom (the oldest at 1388 B.C.) to the Roman Period (the youngest at 426 A.D.), as reported Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications.

AD

Johannes Krause, a University of Tubingen paleogeneticist and an author of the study, said the major finding was that “for 1,300 years, we see complete genetic continuity.” Despite repeated conquests of Egypt, by Alexander the Great, Greeks, Romans, Arabs and Assyrians — the list goes on — ancient Egyptians showed little genetic change. “The other big surprise,” Krause said, “was we didn't find much sub-Saharan African ancestry.”

The remains came from Abusir el-Meleq, an ancient Nile community in the middle of Egypt. From the mummies the scientists extracted bone, teeth and soft tissue samples. (Although Egyptian embalmers removed the brains of the deceased, the scientists wrote that “in most cases, non-macerated mummy heads still have much of their soft tissue preserved.”)

The hard samples yielded the most DNA, perhaps because the teeth and bones were protected by soft tissue or because the embalming processes left tougher material intact. After preparing the samples in a sterilized room in Germany, the researchers bathed the samples in UV radiation for an hour to minimize contamination.

Ancient Egyptians were closely related to people who lived along the eastern Mediterranean, the analysis showed. They also shared genetic material with residents of the Turkish peninsula at the time and Europe.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Given Egypt's location at the intersection of Africa, Europe and Asia, and the influx of foreign rulers, Krause said he was surprised at how stable the genetics seemed to be over this period. The scientists were particularly interested in the change in ruling class at the turn of the first millennium. First came the Hellenistic dynasty, in the aftermath of Alexander the Great’s conquests, from 332 B.C. to 30 B.C., and then Roman rule from 30 B.C. to about 400 A.D. And yet the genetics of the Abusir el-Meleq community appeared to be unperturbed by shifting politics.

The scientists compared these ancient genetics with those of 100 modern Egyptians and 125 modern Ethiopians that had been previously analyzed. If you ask Egyptians, they'll say that they have become more European recently, Krause said. “We see exactly the opposite,” he said

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/30/dna-from-ancient-egyptian-mummies-reveals-their-ancestry/

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Nothing has been deBunked, except afrocentric lies have been exposed by recent DNA testing on mummies, that proves the AE's were totally unrelated to "Black Africans".

Zsa Zsa

Abu Sir

Abu Sir
Abu Sir

The more you keep typing, the more we see how low and narrow-minded your IQ actually is. The choking part is that you absolutely have no shame in this. [Big Grin]

quote:

To determine the most suitable parameter set and substitution method, we used jModelTest v2.1.10 (ref. 65) and selected the parameters suggested by the Akaike and Bayesian information criterion (AIC and BIC).
[...]
We used the 90 mitochondrial genomes obtained in this study, together with 135 modern Egyptian mtDNA genomes from Pagani and colleagues17 and Kujanova and colleagues30 for Bayesian reconstruction of population size changes through time.
[...]
We conducted Bayesian inference using strict clock with an uninformative CTMC reference prior for each partition and Bayesian SkyGrid tree prior with 50 parameters (gamma prior with shape 0.001 and scale 1,000).
[...]
The obtained Bayesian SkyGrid plot indicates a fairly stable slightly decreasing effective population size for the studied population over the last 5,000 years (Fig. 3d and Supplementary Fig. 2).

[…]

It is possible that populations in the south of Egypt were more closely related to those of Nubia and had a higher sub-Saharan genetic component, in which case the argument for an influx of sub-Saharan ancestries after the Roman Period might only be partially valid and have to be nuanced.

Throughout Pharaonic history there was intense interaction between Egypt and Nubia, ranging from trade to conquest and colonialism, and there is compelling evidence for ethnic complexity within households with Egyptian men marrying Nubian women and vice versa51,52,53.

Clearly, more genetic studies on ancient human remains from southern Egypt and Sudan are needed before apodictic statements can be made.

~Verena J. Schuenemann et al.
Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods, Article number: 15694 (2017)

quote:
“There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa.

In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas

[...]

Any interpretation of the biological affinities of the ancient Egyptians must be placed in the context of hypothesis informed by the archaeological, linguistic, geographic or other data.

In this context the physical anthropological evidence indicates that the early Nile Valley populations can be identified as part of an African lineage, but exhibiting local variation.

This variation represents the short and long term effects of evolutionary forces, such as gene flow, genetic drift, and natural selection influenced by culture and geography"

~Kathryn A. Bard (STEPHEN E. THOMPSON Egyptians, physical anthropology of Physical anthropology

quote:
"The ancient Egyptians were not 'white' in any European sense, nor were they 'Caucasian'... we can say that the earliest population of ancient Egypt included African people from the upper Nile, African people from the regions of the Sahara and modern Libya, and smaller numbers of people who had come from south-western Asia and perhaps the Arabian penisula."
~Robert Morkot (2005). The Egyptians: An Introduction. pp. 12-13

quote:
"The Mahalanobis D2 analysis uncovered close affinities between Nubians and Egyptians. Table 3 lists the Mahalanobis D2 distance matrix. As there is no significance testing that is available to be applied to this form of Mahalanobis distances, the biodistance scores must be interpreted in relation to one another, rather than on a general scale. In some cases, the statistics reveal that the Egyptian samples were more similar to Nubian samples than to other Egyptian samples (e.g. Gizeh and Hesa/Biga) and vice versa (e.g. Badari and Kerma, Naqada and Christian).

These relationships are further depicted in the PCO plot (Fig. 2). Aside from these interpopulation relationships, some Nubian groups are still more similar to other Nubians and some Egyptians are more similar to other Egyptian samples. Moreover, although the Nubian and Egyptian samples formed one well-distributed group, the Egyptian samples clustered in the upper left region, while the Nubians concentrated in the lower right of the plot. One line can be drawn that would separate the closely dispersed Egyptians and Nubians. The predynastic Egyptian samples clustered together (Badari and Naqada), while Gizeh most closely groups with the Lisht sample. The first two principal coordinates from PCO account for 60% of the variation in the samples. The graph from PCO is basically a pictorial representation of the distance matrix and interpretations from the plot mirror the Mahalanobis D2 matrix.”

~K Godde
An Examination of Nubian and Egyptian biological distances: Support for biological diffusion or in situ development?
Homo. 2009;60(5):389-404. Epub 2009 Sep 19.

quote:
The process of the peopling of the Nile Valley likely shaped the population structure and early biological similarity of Egyptians and Nubians. As others have noted, affinity among Nilotic populations was due to an aggregation of events, including environmental, linguistic, and sociopolitical changes over a great deal of time. This study seeks to evaluate the relationships of Nubian and Egyptian groups in the context of the original peopling event. Cranial nonmetric traits from 18 Nubian and Egyptian samples, spanning Lower Egypt to Lower Nubia and approximately 7400 years, were analyzed using Mahalanobis D2 as a measure of biological distance. A principal coordinates analysis and spatial-temporal model were applied to these data. The results reveal temporal and spatial patterning consistent with documented events in Egyptian and Nubian population history. Moreover, the Mesolithic Nubian sample clustered with later Nubian and Egyptian samples, indicating that events prior to the Mesolithic were important in shaping the later genetic patterning of the Nubian population. Later contact through the establishment of the Egyptian fort at Buhen, Kerma’s position as a strategic trade center along the Nile, and Egyptian colonization at Tombos maintained genetic similarity among the populations”

~K Godde
A new analysis interpreting Nilotic relationships and peopling of the Nile Valley
Volume 69, Issue 4, July 2018, Pages 147-157

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
This is the real Irony!!
Even the modern Egyptian thinking is wrong!!

quote:

The scientists compared these ancient genetics with those of 100 modern Egyptians and 125 modern Ethiopians that had been previously analyzed. If you ask Egyptians, they'll say that they have become more European recently, Krause said. “We see exactly the opposite,” he said

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
This is the real Irony!!
Even the modern Egyptian thinking is wrong!!

quote:

Yawn, you big dumbo the sites they have tested are in the North, not in the South you dumbass!

The North had multiple sources of foreign influxes, you big dumbass!

The North was not that well populated, as the South, you big dumbass!

-

They themselves are telling it in that paper, you big illiterate dumbass!

quote:
It is possible that populations in the south of Egypt were more closely related to those of Nubia and had a higher sub-Saharan genetic component, in which case the argument for an influx of sub-Saharan ancestries after the Roman Period might only be partially valid and have to be nuanced.

Throughout Pharaonic history there was intense interaction between Egypt and Nubia, ranging from trade to conquest and colonialism, and there is compelling evidence for ethnic complexity within households with Egyptian men marrying Nubian women and vice versa51,52,53.

Clearly, more genetic studies on ancient human remains from southern Egypt and Sudan are needed before apodictic statements can be made.

Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods Article number: 15694 (2017)

quote:
During three seasons of research (in 2000, 2001 and 2003) carried out by the Combined Prehistoric Expedition at Gebel Ramlah in the southern part of the Egyptian Western Desert, three separate Final Neolithic cemeteries were discovered and excavated. Skeletal remains of 67 individuals, comprising both primary and secondary interments, were recovered from 32 discrete burial pits. Numerous grave goods were found, including lithics, pottery and ground stone objects, as well as items of personal adornment, pigments, shells and sheets of mica. Imports from distant areas prove far-reaching contacts. Analysis of the finds sheds important light on the burial rituals and social conditions of the Final Neolithic cattle keepers inhabiting Ramlah Playa. This community, dated to the mid-fifth millennium B.C. (calibrated), was composed of a phenotypically diverse population derived from both North and sub-Saharan Africa. There were no indications of social differentiation. The deteriorating climatic conditions probably forced these people to migrate toward the Nile Valley where they undoubtedly contributed to the birth of ancient Egyptian civilization.
~Kobusiewicz, M., J. Kabaciński, R. Schild, J. D. Irish and F. Wendorf. 2009. Burial practices of the Final Neolithic pastoralists at Gebel Ramlah,Western Desert of Egypt. BMSAES 13: 147–74.

quote:
"Many of the sites reveal evidence of important interactions between Nilotic and Saharan groups during the formative phases of the Egyptian Predynastic Period (e.g. Wadi el-Hôl, Rayayna, Nuq’ Menih, Kurkur Oasis).

Other sites preserve important information regarding the use of the desert routes during the Protodynastic and Pharaonic Periods, particularly during periods of political and military turmoil in the Nile Valley (e.g. Gebel Tjauti, Wadi el-Hôl)."

https://egyptology.yale.edu/expeditions/past-and-joint-projects/theban-desert-road-survey-and-yale-toshka-desert-survey
viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Zsa
Zsa

Now, please calm down, before you shoot yourself in the foot!

The key word is "Possible", but since we have no valid testing on other samples, this will stand for now!

Now, go back to your afrocentric fake studies sources and try to think of another lie that you can spread around!!

[Wink]

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Now, please calm down, before you shoot yourself in the foot!

The key word is "Possible", but since we have no valid testing on other samples, this will stand for now!

Fakeroy, the issues here is that you don't understand statistical analysis like Bayesian and Markov. In other words you are just another dumbass on the internet.

Ancient DNA results from Kush and the Tasian site of Kadruka (precusor to Badarian/Naqada)

-
~Hassan (2009)
Genetic Patterns of Y-chromosome and Mitochondrial DNA Variation, with Implications to the Peopling of the Sudan

http://khartoumspace.uofk.edu/handle/123456789/6376

The only one who is shooting in the foot is you, yourself.

And since we have other sources we know that the possibility is more than likely, you dumbass.

-

Egypt, Bahariyya E-V22 score = 21,95%
Ancient Egyptian mummy genomes suggest an increase of Sub-Saharan African ancestry in post-Roman periods Article number: 15694 (2017)

"E-V22 accounts for 27.2% and its highest frequency appears to be among Fulani, but it is also common in Nilo-Saharan speaking groups."
~Hisham Y. Hassan, Peter A. Underhill, Luca L. Cavalli-Sforza, and Muntaser E. Ibrahim
Y-Chromosome Variation Among Sudanese: Restricted Gene Flow, Concordance With Language, Geography, and History

“E-V22 accounts for 27.2% and its highest frequency appears to be among Fulani, but it is also common in Nilo-Saharan speaking groups.”
~Hisham Y. Hassan, Peter A. Underhill, Luca L. Cavalli-Sforza, and Muntaser E. Ibrahim
Y-Chromosome Variation Among Sudanese: Restricted Gene Flow, Concordance With Language, Geography, and History 

E-V22 is mainly an eastern African sub-haplogroup, with frequencies of more than 80% in the Saho population from Eritrea, but it has also been reported in Egypt and Morocco
~Fulvio Cruciani
The peopling of the last Green Sahara revealed by high-coverage resequencing of trans-Saharan patrilineages

Saho, Eritrea (N=94) E-V22: score = 88.3% 
Turkana, Kenya (N=6) E-V22: score = 33.3%
Gurage, Ethiopia (N=7) E-V22: score = 28.6%
~Trombetta et al. 
A New Topology of the Human Y Chromosome Haplogroup E1b1 (E-P2) Revealed through the Use of Newly Characterized Binary Polymorphisms

The above is a reverse engineered Bayesian analysis.

quote:

Now, go back to your afrocentric fake studies sources and try to think of another lie that you can spread around!!

I have no idea what studies are that supposed to be? [Big Grin]

Perhaps you for once can put in a proper argument, Fakeroy? Like explaining how it's "possible" that based on Bayesian and Markov analysis from one graveyard in the North one can determine the entire history of over 5 Kya, over the entire Nile civilization? While they haven't even tested the South, where specimen as been found that has tropical limb ratio and body portions like the modern inhabitance.

viceroy
Banned asshole
Member # 20417

Rate Member
Zsa Zsa,

You're wrong again! No surprise here!

E-V22 is thought to be Levantine in origin and is found throughout Europe as well!

quote:

E-V22
Neolithic pioneers from the Levantine

Introduction
How did a Levantine Y-DNA like E-V22 get into a Dutch guy like me? This basic curiosity is the drive behind this paper. FTDNA stated after the results of my Big-Y DNA:
"This haplogroup is an African lineage. It is currently hypothesized that this haplogroup dispersed south from Northern Africa within the last 3000 years with the Bantu agricultural expansion. It is an old, diverse haplogroup with many branches and is found distributed throughout Africa today. It is also found at a very low frequency in North Africa and the Middle East."
This didn't satisfy me, it did not close the gap between the Sahel and Northwestern Europe. And other explanations like "it was the Roman influence" neither, so I went further.
Although modern genetics is making fast progress in delivering facts and figures about the variations in the DNA of the human genome, this alone does not deliver a comprehensive image of the development of the human bearers of the DNA. When we want to get a more precise picture we have to place them in context. This paper is an attempt to combine the results from the latest DNA research on specific haplogroup E-V22 in combination with historical/archeological knowledge.
E-V22 is a genetic marker, which belongs to haplogroup E. E-V22 was first defined by the genetic Professor Cruciani (Cruciani 2004, 2007). The ‘father clade’ is E-M78. According to Y full (SNP analysis) E-M78 has a split of: E-Z1919. E-Z1919 on his turn has a mayor split: E-V22/L677 and E-V13. E-V13 can be considered as a ‘brother clade’ of E-V22. E-V13 is in this paper a reference point. In a recent survey about haplogroup E (Beniamino Trombetta e.a. 2015) this is illustrated as follows (the ‘pyramid’ lines are E-V13 and E-V22).
The period of research is restricted to the Neolithic age (about 10000-2000 BC). This isto be seen as the last phase of the Stone Age, marked by the domestication of animals, the development of agriculture, and the manufacture of pottery and textiles. The period after the Neolithic is also interesting but needs a separate research.
This paper is written from the idea, borrowed from the geneticist Professor Martin Richards, that the Neolithization went by ‘pioneer leapfrog colonization’ (Martin Richards 2010) whereby small groups of agriculturalist/pioneers, target for new arable land and then were surrounded by other groups of hunter-gatherer. In a later stage they interacted with each other.

Current situation
The starting point of the E-V22 is the current situation of the spread of haplogroup E-V22. Vincenzo Passariello recently published a figure on the Facebook page Human Population Genetic based on open data about E-V22.
The first picture gives an image about the worldwide appearance of E-V22. We see that E-V22 is widespread from Portugal in the west till Pakistan in the east mostly with modest percentages (mostly between 1-5%). There are a few exceptions: E-V22 major strongholds (above 20%) are Egypt and the Horn of Africa.
The second picture, also from Passariello, zooms in on Europe. There we see that that E-V22 is around 5% of the population in Asturias (Northern Spain), Andalucía (Southern Spain), Sicily, Luciana (Southern Italy) and Istanbul.

Natufian culture (13.000-11.000 BC)
As is stated E-V22 is a descendant of E-M78. According to Y-full , E-M78 is 21.700 years old. The origin of haplotype E-M78 lays most probably in the North Eastern part of Africa, Egypt or Northern Sudan/Ethiopia(Cruciani 2007, Begona Dobon 2015). From there it spreads to the rest of Africa, mostly the Northeastern part of it.
E-M78 went also outside Africa right through the so-called Levantine corridor. The Levant was part of the so-called Fertile Crescent. This area was the ‘Silicon Valley’ of the Neolithic (r)evolution c.q. the first development of the sedental agriculture.
The pre stadium of this is to be known as the Natufian culture. The Levantine corridor is also a major hub in genetic lines. A change in environment, a more sedental-lifestyle, creates also the conditions for changes in DNA. An obvious change is that the bone structure of the agriculturalist became lighter.
The Levantine corridor has best cards for the offspring of E-M78 called E-Z1919. This is dated by y-full at 12.000 years ago (10.000 BC) in the late Natufian/Khamian period.

Pre-Pottery Neolithic (8000 BC)
E-V22 on his turn is split out of E-Z1919 about 10.000 years ago (8000 BC) just at the beginning of the so-called pre-pottery culture that is considered as the first step in the real Neolithization. Towns (Jericho was the first) appeared on the scene.
The Neolithic ‘leaped frogged’ through land and also through water (island and/or coast ‘hopping’), (Peristera Paschou 2013). In the case of E-V22 brother clade E-V13 (formed 7500 years ago, 5500 BC) followed the way from the (Northern?) Levant (nowadays Northwestern Syria border Turkye) into Greece and the Balkan. And/or the way through the Mediterranean Sea.
At the Balkan (Albania/Kosovo) we see a kind of founder effect; E-V13 reaches in nowadays Kosovo 45%. The Balkan formed the major E-V13 stronghold and bridgehead into Europe. From the Balkan E-V13 used the grand central European rivers to spread the Neolithic into central Europe on to southern Scandinavia. In nowadays Denmark E-V13 is about 3%.

E-V22 Neolithic into Egypt (6000 BC)
The route of E-V22 is different. I presume that it stayed more in the Southern Levant. E-V22 is the most obvious candidate to introduce the Neolithic in Egypt. In an excellent dissertation from Noriyuki Shirai called “The Archaeology of the First Farmer-Herders in Egypt New Insights into the Fayum Epipalaeolithic and Neolithic” (Noriyuki Shirai 2010) it is shown how the Neolithic process in the Nile Delta proceeded.
Shirai makes clear that there was a certain cultural and economic influence from the Levantine. In other words: the Natufian Neolithic culture spread into Lower Egypt. There was an amount of settlers who came from the Levant. This process began about 6000 BC. The process was gradual, sedentary farmers lived, probably peacefully, nearby the hunter-gatherers. Due to climate change people where ‘forced’ to go to the Nile (Delta) and had to look for other ways to make a living: agriculture from the rich soil along the Nile. E-V22 mingled with indigenous people.
Shiria believes that demographic impact on population in Lower Egypt is “still unclear”. It is likely that farmer/settlers from the Levant wit an E-V22 DNA played a significant role in it. The founder effect is not as big as E-V13 in the Balkan but still left a significant demographic mark. The Neolithic spread is most evident from places like Fayum and Merimde The Fayum culture (6000 BC), Merimde culture (5000 BC), El Omari culture (4000 BC) and Maadi culture (4000 BC) are in Lower Egypt regional adapts of the Neolithic. In the unifying process of Lower and Upper Egypt during the reign of the Farao’s we can see that E-V22 also spread down the Nile, southward. E-V22 was one of the haplotypes who brought the Neolithic further into the Sahel/ Horn of Africa. As we have seen nowadays in the region we find major E-V22 strongholds. E-V22 is clearly part of the Levantine DNA admixture who spread the Neolithic (Marc Haber 2013).

Neolithic in Iberia (6000 BCE)
In the E-V22 SNP tree developed by Wim Penninx we see (on basis of a few examples!) a split on CTS 6080/ L1250/CTS11457). There is a subbranche with mainly Spanish and some English, German/Czech and Dutch representatives. The explanation lies probably in the impact from the Levantine DNA cluster on Iberia.
In Spanish archeology (Miriam Balmuth 1997) it is disputed if the Neolithic pottery (about 4700 BC) in Iberia, within the most famous the La Almagra pottery in Andalusia, is an internal phenomenon, as some stated, or was there a significant influence from the Levant, as others argue. They supposed that the key lay in demographic evidence to prove an Iberian-Levantine connection.
In 2011 researchers (Marie Lacan e.a. 2011) proved the existence of the Levantine DNA cluster namely G2a and E-V13 in Spanish persons from 7000 years ago (5000 BC). These prove there was really a connection between the neolithization of Iberia and the Levant. And up till now Andalusia is still a relatively European stronghold of E-V22.

Atlantic Neolithization (4000-2000 BC)
Iberia is a beachhead for the spread of the Neolithic of the Atlantic/ Northwestern Europe. From there the neolithization took place Northwest wards along the Atlantic and the North Sea Coast up to France, Ireland and the British Isles, the Netherlands, Northwestern Gemany and finally Southern Scandinavia (Pablo Arias 1999). Men with E-V22, along others of the Levantine admixture, were probably part of it. This is of course from an entirely different situation than in de Levant-Egypt case. In the Atlantic case there were most probably small numbers E-V22, who were almost swept away by the events after the Neolithic period. But Swedish research (Pontus Skoglund 2012), bases on Neolithic findings at Gokhem, did show that the Levantine DNA admixture was prominent along the Neolithic farmers of Scandinavia.

Conclusion
We went with giant leaps trough the Neolithic (DNA) history. Regarding the early origins and spread of haplogroup E-V22 it is made clear that the birth of E-V22 goes together with the dawn of the Neolithic in the Levant. E-V22 played a significant part in the spread of the Neolithic. The Neolithic Levantine genes are on of the three basic layers of our gene pool (Europe, Middle-East and North East Africa).
For E-V22 this was most fundamental (founders effect) in Egypt/Northeastern Africa. In these areas is E-V22 still a major part in the gene pool. In the Mediterranean/ Middle-East it left its (Neolithic) marks. In North (Western) Europe it left only a few traces. In this respect E-V22 isn’t representative for the Levantine admixture as a whole. Brother clade E-V13, also part of the Neolithic Levantine admixture, had a significant higher impact on the European gene pool. Maybe also caused by my impression that E-V22 almost exclusively spread by the maritime way.
But even for Northwestern Europe the slight E-V22 impact of the Neolithic is more satisfying explanation than I got in the first place.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pseudo babble by Fakeroy has no boundaries. The more you type the more we get to understand that you are dumbo. [Big Grin]

quote:

E-V22 is thought to be Levantine in origin and is found throughout Europe as well!

Post the source along, for this utter nonsense above. [Big Grin]

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/31470-E-V22-Neolithic-pioneers-from-the-Levantine!

E-V22 is a Sahel-Sahara marker, that has moved into the Levant and spread from there to the Mediterranean, you big racist dumb dumb.

P2 to M215 to M35 to V68 to M78 to E-V22

quote:
Several lines of evidence suggest that E–M78 sub-haplogroups E–V12, E–V22 and E–V65 were involved in trans-Mediterranean migrations directly from Africa.
~Fiorenza Pompei, Fulvio Cruciani et al.
Phylogeography of Y chromosomal haplogroups as reporters of Neolithic and post-Neolithic population processes in the Mediterranean area

quote:
E-V22 is found primarily in western Ethiopia, northern Egypt and in the southern Levant.

In Europe it is therefore associated with the Phoenicians and the Jews, in addition to the propagation of agriculture. The Phoenicians could have disseminated E-V22 to Sicily, Sardinia, southern Spain and the Maghreb, and the Jews to Greece and mainland Italy and Spain. However, the Mediterranean route for the diffusion of agriculture (see map above) went through the exact same regions. It is therefore impossible to know at present which of the two periods (Neolithic or Classical Antiquity) played the stronger role in the spread of V22 around the Mediterranean.

[…]

Nowadays, the highest genetic diversity of haplogroup E1b1b is observed in Northeast Africa, especially in Ethiopia and Somalia, which also have the monopoly of older and rarer branches like M281, V6 or V92. This suggests that E1b1b may indeed have appeared in East Africa, then expanded north until the Levant. Nevertheless, many lineages now found among the Ethiopians and Somalians appear to have come from the Fertile Crescent during the Neolithic period. This includes some E1b1b subclades like V22 (12,000 years old) and V32 (10,000 years old), but also undeniably Near Eastern lineages like T1a-CTS2214 and J1-L136.

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml

quote:

-

The age estimates of the nodes joining the lineages from these two macro-areas are quite concordant (12.30 kya for E-V264, 11.01 kya for E-V22 and 10.01 kya for E-V12) and correspond to the beginning of the humid phase in the eastern Sahara, where E-M78 probably originated [34, 35]. After the end of the last Green Sahara (~ 5 kya), the differentiation is sharp, with no lineages including both Mediterranean and sub-Saharan subjects. The sub-Saharan clades E-V264/V259 and E-V22/V3262 are restricted to central Sahel and eastern Africa (mainly the Horn of Africa), respectively, whereas E-V12/V32 is very frequent in eastern Africa but it also includes a central Sahelian clade, suggesting a Sahelian movement between 5.99 and 5.17 kya.

~Trombetta et al.
A New Topology of the Human Y Chromosome Haplogroup E1b1 (E-P2) Revealed through the Use of Newly Characterized Binary Polymorphisms

quote:
Y-chromosome haplogroup tree

The Y-chromosome haplogroup tree has been constructed manually following YCC 2008 nomenclature20 with some modifications.35 The tree (Supplementary Figure S1) contains the E haplogroups of Eritrean populations from this study and those reported in the literature.22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 Genotyping results for E-V13, E-V12, E-V22 and E-V32 reported for Eritrean samples and elsewhere 23, 27 were retracted to E-M78 haplogroup level. All the analyses in this study were done at the same resolution using the following 17 bi-allelic markers: E-M96, E-M33, E-P2, E-M2, E-M58, E-M191, E-M154, E-M329, E-M215, E-M35, E-M78, E-M81, E-M123, E-M34, E-V6, E-V16/E-M281 and E-M75.

-

-

[...]

Interestingly, this ancestral cluster includes populations like Fulani who has previously shown to display Eastern African ancestry, common history with the Hausa who are the furthest Afro-Asiatic speakers to the west in the Sahel, with a large effective size and complex genetic background. 23 The Fulani who currently speak a language classified as Niger-Kordofanian may have lost their original tongue to as sociated sedentary group similar to other cattle herders in Africa a common tendency among pastoralists. Clearly cultural trends exemplified by populations, like Hausa or Massalit, the latter who have neither strong tradition in agriculture nor animal husbandry, were established subsequent to the initial differentiation of haplogroup E. For example, the early clusters within the network also include Nilo-Saharan speakers like Kunama of Eritrea and Nilotic of Sudan who are ardent nomadic pastoralists but speak a language of non-Afro-Asiatic background the predominant linguistic family within the macrohaplogroup.

[...]

The Sahel, which extends between the Atlantic coast of Africa and the Red Sea plateau, represents one of the least sampled areas and populations in the domain of human genetics. The position of Eritrea adjacent to the Red Sea coast provides opportunities for insights regarding human migrations within and beyond the African landscape.

~Eyoab I Gebremeskel1,2 and Muntaser E Ibrahim1

European Journal of Human Genetics (2014) 22, 1387–1392; doi:10.1038/ejhg.2014.41; published online 26 March 2014

Y-chromosome E haplogroups: their distribution and implication to the origin of Afro-Asiatic languages and pastoralism
WEJHGOpen

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Conclusion

We went with giant leaps trough the Neolithic (DNA) history. Regarding the early origins and spread of haplogroup E-V22 it is made clear that the birth of E-V22 goes together with the dawn of the Neolithic in the Levant. E-V22 played a significant part in the spread of the Neolithic. The Neolithic Levantine genes are on of the three basic layers of our gene pool (Europe, Middle-East and North East Africa).

For E-V22 this was most fundamental (founders effect) in Egypt/Northeastern Africa. In these areas is E-V22 still a major part in the gene pool. In the Mediterranean/ Middle-East it left its (Neolithic) marks. In North (Western) Europe it left only a few traces. In this respect E-V22 isn’t representative for the Levantine admixture as a whole. Brother clade E-V13, also part of the Neolithic Levantine admixture, had a significant higher impact on the European gene pool. Maybe also caused by my impression that E-V22 almost exclusively spread by the maritime way.

But even for Northwestern Europe the slight E-V22 impact of the Neolithic is more satisfying explanation than I got in the first place.

[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [Cool]

quote:
E-V22
This clade comprises most of those classified in the "delta cluster" of Cruciani et al. (2004). Cruciani et al. (2006) later noted that "E-V22 and E-V12* chromosomes are intermingled and not clearly differentiated by their microsatellite haplotypes".

This subclade of E-M78 is "relatively common"[2] in the Horn of Africa and Egypt, with higher microsatellite variance (0.35 vs. 0.46, respectively) in Egypt. In the article announcing this first information, Cruciani et al. (2007) described it as uncommon in Western Asia and they proposed Northeast Africa (Libya/Egypt) as this subclade's likely place of origin.

The highest frequency of E-V22 has thus far been observed in the Cushitic-speaking Saho population of central Eritrea at a rate of 88%.[9] The Saho are known to be organized in strict patrilineal and patrilocal clans. It has been hypothesized that this kind of social structure can explain patterns of variability characterized by low Y-chromosome diversity within groups and large difference between groups.[42]

Hassan et al. (2008) also reported a significant presence in neighboring Sudan, making up about 30% of the diverse range of the country's E-M78 lineages in their study, including 8 out of 26 Fulani (about 31%), a widely-dispersed pastoral people.[Note 8] E-V22 was also present in much smaller frequencies amongst the Shilluk (2 of 15 samples, 13%) and Dinka (3 of 26, 11.5%) Nilotes of Southern Sudan. Hassan et al. suggest that E-V22, like E-V12, might have entered Sudan from North Africa "after the progressive desertification of the Sahara around 6,000–8,000 years ago". They add that the gene flow to Sudan "is not only recent (Holocene onward) but also largely of focal nature", and that "most speakers of Nilo-Saharan languages, the major linguistic family spoken in the country, show very little evidence of gene flow and demonstrate low migration rate, with exception of the Nubians, who appear to have sustained considerable gene flow from Asia and Europe together with the Beja."

Other frequencies reported by Cruciani et al. (2007) include Asturians (4.44% out of 90 people), Sicilians (4.58% out of 153 people), Moroccan Arabs (7.27%, 55 people), Moroccan Jews (8%, 50 people), Istanbul Turkish (5.71% out of 35 people), and Palestinians (6.9% out of 29 people). Cadenas et al. (2007) found a 6.7% presence in the UAE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E-V68#E-V22
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
First the afrangi says:

You’re trying to project your own guilt and self doubt while reflecting on historical events, where people had no known obsession with skin color or so called human racism!

Learn to leave your inherent biased views in the closest!

quote:
Now the afrangi says:

ROTFLOL
 -

It's obvious the schizo muktaba has lost it!

Meanwhile some sanity from Aaron Kamugisha in his paper Finally in Africa? Egypt, from Diop to Celenko:

Worse yet in the link between ancient history and contemporary understandings are the comments of Emily Vermeule, an emeritus professor of classics from Harvard University. Such devastation has been wrought by Bernal's 'turning of the world upside down' that normal historical understandings have been cast aside. As a result:
"Bernal also believes that Egypt was essentially African, and therefore black. But he does not say what we are to make of historical accounts of Egyptian pharaohs campaigning against black neighbours in the south, in the Land of Kush, as when Thutmosis I of Egypt, around 1510 B.C., annihilated a black Kushite army at the Third Cataract and came home with the body of a black Kushite prince hanging upside down from the prow of his ship. Perhaps Bernal thinks of this as African tribal warfare." (60)
Students who follow Vermeule's historical methodology in centuries to come will surely have grave difficulty in understanding twentieth century history. Could France and Germany really have been part of the same economic union, after three wars in seventy years? The extent of a hostility that resulted in three generations of young men losing their lives on the battlefield must be the result of a deeper animosity between the two peoples; perhaps they were of different 'races' to begin with. (61) Shomarka Keita's dry commentary on this bizarre statement by Vermeule says it all. 'Excusing the pejorative "tribal warfare" (in Europe it is called ethnic conflict), it is clear that she is saying that this must have been a racial war ... [However] the antagonisms between Kush and Egypt were political and not 'racial' (emphasis in original).

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26236 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com