EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » History of Africa series by BBC uploaded

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: History of Africa series by BBC uploaded
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC Africa has uploaded all episodes of the History of Africa seried with Zeinab Badawi on youtube. Here is a link to the episode on Kemet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4EjZpIF71Y&t=347s

Zahi Hawass is still up to his old shenanigans [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the issue with Zahi isn't so much obfuscation or denial but I think he's having a hard time communicating what it means to be an ancient civilization. He won't outright say that the A.Egyptians didn't look like a black African person similar to the dark people seen in the video, but it looks like he believes such physical attributes doesn't say anything comprehensively important to understanding who they were... in which case we need genetics.

I actually disagree with that idea but I don't look at him negatively because of it.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way Zahi is right, at the end of the day there really is no one test or method that will say who the Ancient Egyptians were and trying to use DNA, you need to study multiple mummies and even multiple DNA tests on the same mummy etc. At the end of the day Genotype does not equal Phenotype, so Zahi is right in that sense. The oldest surviving "Eurasians" are Austaloid type peoples.

The video is interesting in that the people being interviewed are Egyptians themselves, not African Americans.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interviewed are Egyptians themselves,not African Americans.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but what does a African American have to do with Egypt? Outside of them being Africans with some having,for a lack of a better word a negro/negroid phenotype.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^Im saying the people in the video are saying they are black/Africans, and they are Egyptians and not African Americans. African Americans are accused of trying to steal Egyptian history, people like to sh#t on AA and kiss the ass of Africans claiming "Africans dont claim Egypt or North Africa etc"... when the people pioneering "Afrocentrism" and teaching Black Egypt are Africans and Egyptians themselvees.

You can't evoke ebonic strawmen like "We Wuz Kangs" when the people saying the Egyptians were black, are Arabic speaking Egyptians themselves..

edit-Seeing the people in this video, even the so called "Med/Arab looking Egyptians"...I dont see how this debate is even a thing. Asking how the Egyptians looked or what they were when the very people are still in Egypt matching the very same skintone and features their ancestors depicted on the Temple/Tomb walls of Km.t

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I follow what you're saying Jari.

@ElMaestro: he seemed a little less bristly this time around compared to some of his other statements I read. Maybe you're onto something

Overall I think it was a good episode and Zeinab handled herself pretty well too. Glad it was finally uploaded

--------------------
 -

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
^^^^Im saying the people in the video are saying they are black/Africans, and they are Egyptians and not African Americans. African Americans are accused of trying to steal Egyptian history, people like to sh#t on AA and kiss the ass of Africans claiming "Africans dont claim Egypt or North Africa etc"... when the people pioneering "Afrocentrism" and teaching Black Egypt are Africans and Egyptians themselvees.

You can't evoke ebonic strawmen like "We Wuz Kangs" when the people saying the Egyptians were black, are Arabic speaking Egyptians themselves..

edit-Seeing the people in this video, even the so called "Med/Arab looking Egyptians"...I dont see how this debate is even a thing. Asking how the Egyptians looked or what they were when the very people are still in Egypt matching the very same skintone and features their ancestors depicted on the Temple/Tomb walls of Km.t

Wait so the Egyptians in the video are saying that they are BLACK or the AE were Black? Didn't watch video yet. And yea, I agree 100% that AAs are strawman'd to death in these type of discussions.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. That video was "Afrocentric"!

Very nice. Africans talking about their own history from an African perspective.

Posts: 8889 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Yes, and this is nothing new. Like I said on the North African DNA thread Ive come across this countless times, for example the Egyptian woman in Truth Teacher's video, the Egyptians in the "Egyptians are black Nubian" with Dr. Arabi... even Abaza the resident troll of ES, said the Black Egyptians were the "Innocent Doves" of Ancient Egypt.

quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
quote:

Wait so the Egyptians in the video are saying that they are BLACK or the AE were Black? Didn't watch video yet. And yea, I agree 100% that AAs are strawman'd to death in these type of discussions.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching and Nubians are such beautiful people. Definitely want to visit Aswan. And did not know southern Egypt had the most ruins.

quote:
[QB] Yes, and this is nothing new. Like I said on the North African DNA thread Ive come across this countless times, for example the Egyptian woman in Truth Teacher's video, the Egyptians in the "Egyptians are black Nubian" with Dr. Arabi... even Abaza the resident troll of ES, said the Black Egyptians were the "Innocent Doves" of Ancient Egypt.

Yes, I seen that famous "Egyptians are Black Nubian" video. But didn't know this viewpoint was not just widespread among Black Egyptians but even pale Egyptians.

I just wish more Black Egyptians online would speak up more on their history. Its not us Afram history which is in danger but THEIRS.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:
Yes, I seen that famous "Egyptians are Black Nubian" video. But didn't know this viewpoint was not just widespread among Black Egyptians but even pale Egyptians.

two individuals interviewed might represent the average opinion or not, so what is widespread or not is not evident by these two interviews
Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
^another anecdote of my own would be two Egyptian Arabic teachers, who told me and several others assembled for a lecture on Ancient Egypt(that I sortof bogarted), that the Ancient Egyptians were different from them(they were Egyptians too) in both mentality/worldview and skin color. That knocked me out of my seat to hear them say that.

On other note I encounter way too many racist ass North Africans with their tired we wuz kangz memes to believe the teachers viewpoints(as well as those expressed in this thread) are even close to the norm.

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com