EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Siwas are trollishly diverse but I knew there was more to this picture.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Siwas are trollishly diverse but I knew there was more to this picture.
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen as high as 25% A/B genetically

and then you have pictures like this

-

My gut reaction was that this is some type of American cultural appropriation. Umar's Afrocentric private school sent this one drop (under the table money) white chick with a bunch of African Americans to Egypt. I have seen this range of diversity in real pictures of Siwa and other Berbers but not all clumped together with the whitest person in the middle like a Hollywood savior.

I did a google reverse search and... nothing.

I did a TinEye reverse search and the results are really interesting.

The picture is from this TV show
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7024956/

The woman in the middle is a Jordanian actress.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4990902/

I think Nour is the woman on the top right
https://www.backstage.com/u/nour-abyad/

The show is produced in Egypt with an Egyptian director.

I can't find the exact episode with the picture. This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m0hfyS6x_M&t=499s and 24 are the closest I could find.

I contacted Nour for more information.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, the Egyptian media like all 'Arab' media is notorious for promoting fair-skinned people let alone actors and celebrities. The Egyptian government will have you believe that most Baladi are fair-skinned if they could and tokenize all black types as being 'Nubians'.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Probably none of these women are Siwa

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
traditional costumes during the 4th Egyptian Date Palm Festival in Siwa Oasis reflect the culture of the desert.
These are the original traditional women dresses which are met only here, in the remote Oasis of this Berber (also called Amazigh) ethnic group.
Siwa, Western Desert, Egypt 9 November 2018.

Siwa Live Blogspot

https://siwalive.blogspot.com/2018/11/traditional-costumes-of-women-in-siwa.html

-

-

-

I think the R1b1* is V88 here
also notable the high frequency of B2a1a

B2a1a1a1

Haplogroup B2a1a1a1 (M109, M152, P32), previously B2a1a is the most commonly observed subclade of haplogroup B.

In Central Africa, B-M109 Y-DNA has been found in 23% (7/31) of Ngumba males from southern Cameroon,[4] 18% (7/39) of Fali males from northern Cameroon,[8] 5% (1/21)[8] to 31% (4/13)[4] of Uldeme males from northern Cameroon, 10% (3/29) of Ewondo males from southern Cameroon,[8] 7% (1/15) of a mixed sample of speakers of various Chadic languages from northern Cameroon,[8] 6% (1/18) of a mixed sample of speakers of various Adamawa languages from northern Cameroon,[8] 6% (2/33) of Bakola males from southern Cameroon,[4] 4% (1/28) of Mandara males from northern Cameroon,[4] and 3% (1/31)[4] to 5% (1/20)[8] of Biaka males from Central African Republic.

In East Africa, haplogroup B2a1a1a1 Y-DNA has been found in 11% (1/9) of a small sample of Iraqw males from Tanzania,[4] 11% (1/9) of a small sample of Luo males from Kenya,[4] 8% (2/26) of Massai males from Kenya,[4] and 4.5% (4/88) of a sample of Ethiopians.[9]

In Southern Africa, B-M109 Y-DNA has been found in 18% (5/28) of Sotho–Tswana males from South Africa,[4] 14% (4/29) of Zulu males from South Africa,[4] 13% (7/53) of an ethnically mixed sample of non-Khoisan Southern Africans,[9] 10% (5/49) of Shona males from Zimbabwe,[4] and 5% (4/80) of Xhosa males from South Africa.[4]

In North Africa, haplogroup B2a1a1a1 Y-DNA has been found in 12.5% (5/40) of Sudanese[9] and 2% (2/92) of Egyptians.[4]

In Eurasia, B2a1a1a1 (B-M109) has been found in 3% (3/117) of a sample of Iranians from southern Iran[21] and 2% (2/88) of a sample from Pakistan and India.[9]

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I thought the high A/B was from A. Egypt has A but not much B.

@Djehuti
It was an ok attempt.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
also Hassan 2008, Copts showing B not A

http://www.iend.org/dad/Y%20_paper_Sudan.pdf

Y-Chromosome Variation Among Sudanese:
Restricted Gene Flow, Concordance With
Language, Geography, and History

Hisham Y. Hassan,1 Peter A. Underhill,2 Luca L. Cavalli-Sforza,2 and Muntaser E. Ibrahim1
The Copt samples displayed a most interesting Y-profile,
enough (as much as that of Gaalien in Sudan) to suggest that they
actually represent a living record of the peopling of
Egypt. The significant frequency of B-M60 in this group
might be a relic of a history of colonization of southern
Egypt probably by Nilotics in the early state formation,
something that conforms both to recorded history and to
Egyptian mythology.

Haplogroups A-M13 and B-M60 are present at
high frequencies in Nilo-Saharan groups except Nubians,
with low frequencies in Afro-Asiatic groups although notable frequencies of
B-M60 were found in Hausa (15.6%) and Copts (15.2%).

The placement of the Oromo, who speak a
language of the Afro-Asiatic family, in the first cluster is
probably because of their possession of high frequencies
of A-M13.

Copts
B-M60 15.2%
J1 39%
E 21%
R1b 15% (might be V88)

15% of B-M60 in Copts but no A-M13

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com