EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Hetheru's Corner.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Black Sand Anime. African Egypt Cartoon

Author Topic: Black Sand Anime. African Egypt Cartoon
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
this is an epic cartoon that shows Egypt as Black Should be watched by all peoples

-

-

https://media.indiedb.com/images/members/4/3263/3262917/profile/The_Squad.jpg

https://blacksands.com/pages/company

This is a wonderful cartoon and should be watched by all ages heres the first episode

Black Sands, the Seven Kingdoms - Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUwIycbmow&list=PLKUJBCnzg8YSMCfr4RPQmbiHw7zJPzxJZ

ADMIN EDIT:
Converted large image to link format due to making thread hard to read.

[ 08. March 2023, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Askia_The_Great ]

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Black Sands" is also touched upon in this thread

Comedian Kevin Hart feb 2023 tour to Egypt, call for boycott on "Afrocentric views"

Here is another animated film that shows Egyptians as dark skinned

-

Film poster from the French animated film La Reine Soleil (The Sun Queen) based on a novel by French Egyptologist and author Christian Jacq.

It can be seen here

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to follow the Black Sands guy, but I've found that he comes across as a defensive jerk who spends too much energy rebutting anyone who criticizes him (even when the criticism is constructive) on social media when he should be ignoring them. I lost all respect for him when I found out he called a Black female critic a "bed wench", which is a slur directed at Black women with White boyfriends.

A video the woman he insulted made about the situation:

Black Sands is a Liar

It sucks because his comics have some pretty cool art and an intriguing story about humans rebelling against alien gods (supposedly inspired by "Ancient Aliens").

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
[QB] I used to follow the Black Sands guy, but I've found that he comes across as a defensive jerk who spends too much energy rebutting anyone who criticizes him (even when the criticism is constructive) on social media when he should be ignoring them.

some people can't take criticism
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I used to follow the Black Sands guy, but I've found that he comes across as a defensive jerk who spends too much energy rebutting anyone who criticizes him (even when the criticism is constructive) on social media when he should be ignoring them. I lost all respect for him when I found out he called a Black female critic a "bed wench", which is a slur directed at Black women with White boyfriends.

Black Sands is a Liar

It sucks because his comics have some pretty cool art and an intriguing story about humans rebelling against alien gods (supposedly inspired by "Ancient Aliens").

What did this particular "black female critic" say to make him this upset?

The referred term has a historical meaning, dating back to the middle passage.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
[QB] I used to follow the Black Sands guy, but I've found that he comes across as a defensive jerk who spends too much energy rebutting anyone who criticizes him (even when the criticism is constructive) on social media when he should be ignoring them.

some people can't take criticism
It certainly doesn't show professionalism, as a business man.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
"Black Sands" is also touched upon in this thread

Comedian Kevin Hart feb 2023 tour to Egypt, call for boycott on "Afrocentric views"

Here is another animated film that shows Egyptians as dark skinned

-

Film poster from the French animated film La Reine Soleil (The Sun Queen) based on a novel by French Egyptologist and author Christian Jacq.

It can be seen here

I have a problem with the word dark as a emphasis on color of skin. dark should not be used as an identifier of skin because it denotes that dark means evil and dark is not something said for a way of promoting the love of self for Black individuals.

I believe the term "deep skinned Blacks" or "Rich Skinned Blacks" should be used it makes for a better arguement as "light skin" seems to mean the light when it should not be known that humans being called light denotes something wholesome and good when that is not the case because humans are not noted as Good simply from there skin color.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Geber:

Please watch the video I linked to earlier. The exchange between them begins at the 3:38 time mark. You can see him calling her a "bed wench" at the 5:51 mark.

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
I have a problem with the word dark as a emphasis on color of skin. dark should not be used as an identifier of skin because it denotes that dark means evil and dark is not something said for a way of promoting the love of self for Black individuals.

I believe the term "deep skinned Blacks" or "Rich Skinned Blacks" should be used it makes for a better arguement as "light skin" seems to mean the light when it should not be known that humans being called light denotes something wholesome and good when that is not the case because humans are not noted as Good simply from there skin color.

If one should be really literal one could call the people in the film "brown" since they are not literally "black" (except their hair). Then there are of course expressions like "dark brown" and "light brown". Perhaps there are advantages and disadvantages with all kind of descriptions of peoples skin tones.

--------------------

Posts: 2684 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Archeopteryx:
quote:

If one should be really literal one could call the people in the film "brown" since they are not literally "black" (except their hair). Then there are of course expressions like "dark brown" and "light brown". Perhaps there are advantages and disadvantages with all kind of descriptions of peoples skin tones.
Dark brown denotes evil and forbodden and does not denote something good or clear like light denotes its simply an oxymoron. Deep or rich is better to Call Black Africans This talks about how the color of note is plenty.
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
I suppose it is up to people themselves how they will call themselves (and others). I heard people call themselves brown, mixed, black, dark skinned, chocolate colored, coffee colored, dark brown, light brown and so on.

--------------------

BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:

Isn't "black" also associated with evil in the same tradition you speak of? Black is literally the darkest you get. I don't see how you can say "dark" has connotations of evil but not "black".

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Please watch the video I linked to earlier. The exchange between them begins at the 3:38 time mark. You can see him calling her a "bed wench" at the 5:51 mark.
I see that part where it unprofessional to react in such manner. However, there is a very toxic element of certain Black females in the black community. These females are extremely harmful. It's not that every black female with a non-Black male or White male is of that nature, but a lot are. If she doesn't like to be criticized like that she should start speaking about against these type of females who call Black males body bags, Black males should die and killed more often by corrupt cops, Black males belong in jail, Black males should be aborted, Black males need one in a coffin etc.. I can go on for a while… They often spread lies about Black males, while sitting in comfort next to a White male.

Whenever the word is used, there is a deeper manning to this, something you will never understand as a White male.

I don't follow "Black Sand", so I see nothing personal about this. From what I know he's a small and powerless publisher, but I could be wrong. I see nothing wrong with her critic on his publishing.

Anyway, from a professional point of view I disagree with him, but I can see where he comes from based on the social aspect of things with certain Black females. I'd like to know what else this woman has posted on social media for him to respond that way.

She clearly displayed her disdain for the Black men when she derailed it to R Kelly and Bill Cosby, although R Kelly was a victim of sexual-abuse himself (by older black women) and the Bill Cosby allegations are based on certain allegations with a very janky process. R Kelly is nowhere near what they made him out to be. He was wrong, although these parents participated in this themselves and knew what they did with their daughters.

As I said before, as a white male you look at these social aspects completely different, you don't have the Black male experience. What these men had to do with Black Sands is beyond me, but she had to use it to demonize Black males?

I am listening to more of her content to understand where she is coming from, Black Sands Is Jealous. PT2 Expose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZfWlbRHPY&t=1774s

Most likely "Black Sands" used it very ignorant and arrogantly and not in the proper historical context, considering he has white people working for him in his company in high positions.

On the other hand, these type of females align with the far-right and are willing to take it far. These are things that go beyond what you can understand. You perhaps try to... but the experience is not there.

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Isn't "black" also associated with evil in the same tradition you speak of? Black is literally the darkest you get. I don't see how you can say "dark" has connotations of evil but not "black".
The positive or negative aspect depends on the culture wherein it is used.
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I see that part where it unprofessional to react in such manner. However, there is a very toxic element of certain Black females in the black community. These females are extremely harmful. It's not that every black female with a non-Black male or White male is of that nature, but a lot are.

Really?? I remember calling this out on the Coli, and you and others but especially you coming at my neck. Yes, I have GOOD memories. So what changed? I say this respectfully...
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
I see that part where it unprofessional to react in such manner. However, there is a very toxic element of certain Black females in the black community. These females are extremely harmful.

Putting aside the dehumanizing and frankly sexist way you refer to women as "females"...

There do exist Black women and men with internalized racism who fetishize White people as romantic partners and put down other Black people. I am aware of that. But I have seen no indication that the woman Black Sands called a "bed wench" was that type of person. As far as I can tell, it was nothing more than a cheap, racist insult on his part.

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Black Sands is a Liar

I heard the guy is a total asshole. Even when Eric July a.k.a. Young Rippa came out with his Rippaverse Comics, instead of congratulating him or at least saying nothing, Manuel Godoy chose to trash talk him! Hating much?

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
[qb]I see that part where it unprofessional to react in such manner. However, there is a very toxic element of certain Black females in the black community. These females are extremely harmful.

Putting aside the dehumanizing and frankly sexist way you refer to women as "females"...

Brandon's historical pin up thread on on ES
quote:
Originally posted by One Third African:
 -
It's a hot day on the African plains circa 200,000 BC, so you could say this early Homo sapiens woman is dressed for the occasion!

That's part of the fun of drawing prehistoric humans. In most circumstances, you get to make up their outfits (or lack thereof).

Click here for the uncensored version.

He's complaining about sexism and he's got tons of stuff like this, a fetish for black ass being passed off as educational.
I was going to stop talking about this but the hypocrisy forces my paw

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punos_Rey
Administrator
Member # 21929

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punos_Rey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a subforum for this.

--------------------
 -

Meet on the Level, act upon the Plumb, part on the Square.

Posts: 574 | From: Guinee | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com