EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Deshret.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Culture of Ancient Egypt linked to Black Africa and not to the Levant or Near East (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Culture of Ancient Egypt linked to Black Africa and not to the Levant or Near East
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
 -
The burial of an adult woman in Amarna, Egypt contained a cone-shaped wax object placed on her head.
PHOTOGRAPH BY THE AMARNA PROJECT, ANTIQUITY PUBLICATIONS LTD.

https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/history-and-civilisation/2019/12/ancient-egyptian-head-cone-mystery-solved-by-archaeologists

-

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
you said Ancient Egyptians did not wear red clay hats. Yet we see the perfumed cones on the Ancient Egyptians head with red ocre that is shared with the Rendille red ocre hats

the fact that you put some red ochre paint on a fragrance cone that is hollow and made of wax does not mean it is made of clay so stop the nonsense

and it's also funny how someone wrote "white clay' on that, when the statuette is made of wood including the cone [/qb]

You is Lying some more Lioness, not only do you accuse me of putting red ocre on the egyptians painting, how would I of painted the egyptians with red ocre??????? instead of it being an picture that is already there.

The Black African with the red ocre hats is compared to the Ancient Egyptians with red ocre hats inside the picture

Not only are you a liar, your making a big hill that egyptians had perfume cones on there head when you said they did not have clay hats thats a possible lie

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Wax is a part of Clay Lioness,

Your sounding like an Racist claiming Clay done from the Black Africans is less then Ancient Egyptians Wax Cones on their head because the Ancient Egyptians used wax as if the Black Africans could not use Wax.

Also you ignore that the Egyptologist are trying to separate Egypt from Africa. Why would I believe them.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@King. You mention "Culture" being linked to "Black Africa".

IF there is a geographic "Black Africa" then give me a map of geographic "White Africa". Once you supply one, we will continue. Lets play this out and see how it goes.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
@King. You mention "Culture" being linked to "Black Africa".

IF there is a geographic "Black Africa" then give me a map of geographic "White Africa". Once you supply one, we will continue. Lets play this out and see how it goes.

theres no such thing as white Africa, what you are proposing is because there is a Black Africa there should automatically be a White africa.

when I post Black Africa inside comparison to North Africa.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Your sounding like an Racist claiming Clay done from the Black Africans is less then Ancient Egyptians Wax Cones on their head because the Ancient Egyptians used wax as if the Black Africans could not use Wax.

Also you ignore that the Egyptologist are trying to separate Egypt from Africa. Why would I believe them.

I don't know much about wax, what is it made of?
and here was it first used?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

KING, what are these head cones made out of?
Also are they solid or hollow?

Posts: 42918 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I don't know much about wax, what is it made of?
and here was it first used?

If you lioness did not know about Wax then you should not of claimed that Ancient Egyptians were somehow superior to other Africans for using Wax when other Africans used clay. You sounded like a racist.

Wax is made from animal parts and plants and petroleum.

-

Clay is made of a fine-grained (small particle size) sedimentary rock
 -

Wax vs Clay means they are similar products and its someone's preference to what they like to use  -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

I'm looking at you photos above, you are showing a yellowish colored material in the top picture.
Then at the bottom a brown one looking like a sandwich made of chocolate and it says "wax" under it. Is that North African wax and Black African wax?

-
Dark Brown Classic Clay – 50lb Case

https://afasupplies.com/product/j-mac-2-ab210-medium-dark-brown-classic-clay-50-lb-case/

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I'm looking at you photos above, you are showing a yellowish colored material in the top picture.
Then at the bottom a brown one looking like a sandwich made of chocolate and it says "wax" under it. Is that North African and Black African waxes?

Lioness Wax is made of animals and plants, theres not a North African to Black Africa difference, Animals are found inside all Parts of Africa so the potential to make wax is there clay is just easier to make.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then at the bottom a brown one looking like a sandwich made of chocolate and it says "wax" under it. Is that North African and Black African waxes?

Lioness Wax is made of animals and plants, theres not a North African to Black Africa difference, Animals are found inside all Parts of Africa so the potential to make wax is there clay is just easier to make.
Are you retracting the petroleum part?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you retracting the petroleum part?
No
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@King so you are contrasting "Black Africa" with "North Africa" thus "North Africa" is NOT Black Africa?

Please provide me the border of "Black Africa". You have to give me something. And if you CANT give me something then why even use these terms? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
KING, did you make that graphic where it says "wax vs clay" ?
What program is that?

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
@King so you are contrasting "Black Africa" with "North Africa" thus "North Africa" is NOT Black Africa?

Please provide me the border of "Black Africa". You have to give me something. And if you CANT give me something then why even use these terms? [Roll Eyes]

North Africa is from Libya, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia thats the end of North Africa
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

maybe instead of it being white Africa it's more Puerto Rican, I'll wait on KING's explanation
Archeopteryx
Member # 23193

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archeopteryx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The wax headcones found in the Egyptian tombs were made of bees wax

quote:
In both cases, the cones appear cream colored; spectroscopic analysis indicated that the cones were likely made of beeswax.
The First Evidence of 'Head Cones' Found in 3,300-Year-Old Egyptian Tomb

-

This woman, who was between age 20-29 at time of death, was found buried with a head cone made of beeswax. She lived more than 3,300 years ago and was buried in a cemetery at the site of Amarna in Egypt. (Image credit: Amarna Project)

Beeswax

--------------------
Once an archaeologist, always an archaeologist

Posts: 2683 | From: Sweden | Registered: Mar 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

North Africa is from Libya, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia thats the end of North Africa
Egypt is not "North Africa"...even when its geographically IN "North Africa"? [Roll Eyes]
This type of thinking is so stupid. But you know what I can still prove a point:

These specific Crops Where the first to arrive in Egypt and formed the basis of their Agriculture thousand of years before West Asian farming was known. So according to YOU, Egypt's earliest major technical innovations, the diffusion of Egyptians first agriculture, associated with some of Egypts first pottery, AND Egypts first animal husbandry didnt come from "Black Africa". [Wink]

This is how this works right?
Congratulations, you played yourself..

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Egypt is not "North Africa"...even when its geographically IN "North Africa"? [Roll Eyes]
This type of thinking is so stupid. But you know what I can still prove a point:

These specific Crops Where the first to arrive in Egypt and formed the basis of their Agriculture thousand of years before West Asian farming was known. So according to YOU, Egypt's earliest major technical innovations, the diffusion of Egyptians first agriculture, associated with some of Egypts first pottery, AND Egypts first animal husbandry didnt come from "Black Africa". [Wink]

This is how this works right?
Congratulations, you played yourself..

How did I play myself?? I looked at the article and all it said was what was there during the green sahara where did it state anything about Egypt

what you focus on is the written word and the written word is controlled by White People.

What I mean by Near East and Levant and the Middle east is Light Skinned people.

I did not mean Black skinned People during the forming of Ancient Egypt

egypt is NorthEast Africa

post where these things came from the levant and the near east. and not brought there from Black African type people. also you have no pictures that back you up so I would shut up about what is written by European racists who do not accept Herodotus and the word of romans who saw Ancient Egyptians directly

show when Egypts earliest major technical innovations came from the near east or levant

show when Egypts first Pottery came from the middle east the levant and near east

Not only are all the things you spoke on arbitrary the people would of been Black African Types that brought them into Africa if that was what happened.

I believe that Egypt and Black Africa did not get domestics of animal husbandry and agriculture from the middle east. I do not care what is written by white racists. What is found is not what the truth is

List the shared culture between Ancient Egypt and the rest of North Africa??? we know what is shared between Black Africa and Ancient Egypt, List whats the same between Ancient Egypt and North Africa

also Since Ancient Egypt was a Picture type civilization you can post where the North Africans are doing the same culture as Ancient Egypt and Black Africa

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

egypt is North East Africa

List the shared culture between Ancient Egypt and the rest of North Africa??? we know what is shared between Black Africa and Ancient Egypt, List whats the same between Ancient Egypt and North Africa

Sometimes people use the terns together "North Africa" and South of that "Sub-Saharan Africa" and that means below the Sahara

but instead you are instead switching to skin color definition and calling Sub-Saharan Africa "Black Africa"
That implies North Africa is not black in some way.
not saying white but in some way not black

Thereal
Member # 22452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thereal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes people use the terns together "North Africa" and South of that "Sub-Saharan Africa" and that means below the Sahara

I didn't original know this but Xyyman pointed out that northern Africa is on the back end of the continent if you think of north and south as an up and down position,so Sub Sahara Africa should be south heading north. North Africans should be "authentically" Sub Sahara Africans sense they live below the Sahara.

I thought know if anybody else does this but I like to think of North Africa as "yellowbone to redbone" Africans sense are still pigmented.

Posts: 1123 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Lets analyze what happened here:

King - Makes a thread arguing Egyptian culture is linked to "Black Africa".

Beyoku - "You are contrasting "Black Africa" with "North Africa" thus "North Africa" is NOT Black Africa?"

King - "North Africa is from Libya, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia thats the end of North Africa."

Beyoku - Provides data showing MAJOR Cultural influence and the initial technical innovation came from a region you consider NOT to be "Black Africa" (Libya)

This is how you PLAYED yourself: (1) You played ethnocentric games focused on skin tone and arbitrarily defined "Black Africa"..exactly what Keita warned about. (2) Archeology caught you lacking and destroyed your race game. (3)You then back pedal and switch the focus to the Levant and Near East. If it was ALWAYS about the Levant/Near East vs ALL of Africa Why make it an INITIAL pissing contest between the Levant and "Black Africa"? (4) The work avoidance tactic where you negatively associate the archeology with "WhItE pEoPle" as if that has any bearing on it's accuracy or usefulness as a teaching tool. What, we ain't reading books written by "White people" anymore? This (point 4) type of talk is infantile and has no business coming from someone who is serious in studying science. It's an excuse NOT TO READ. Is this something your would say In a conference in from of a ROOM of Academics? [Confused]

Moral of the Story : Why play the dumb, outdated, ethnocentric games when you can just talk about ALL The groups who contributed to the Nile Valley REGARLDESS of how phenotypically and genetically diverse they were? Treat this shit like SCHOOL. You not telling the professor you not reading a book or peer review because it was published by whites. IF you think like that....just watch sports. Its passive.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Using the term "Black Africa" is considered simplistic and obsolete
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Lets analyze what happened here:

King - Makes a thread arguing Egyptian culture is linked to "Black Africa".

Beyoku - "You are contrasting "Black Africa" with "North Africa" thus "North Africa" is NOT Black Africa?"

King - "North Africa is from Libya, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia thats the end of North Africa."

Beyoku - Provides data showing MAJOR Cultural influence and the initial technical innovation came from a region you consider NOT to be "Black Africa" (Libya)

This is how you PLAYED yourself: (1) You played ethnocentric games focused on skin tone and arbitrarily defined "Black Africa"..exactly what Keita warned about. (2) Archeology caught you lacking and destroyed your race game. (3)You then back pedal and switch the focus to the Levant and Near East. If it was ALWAYS about the Levant/Near East vs ALL of Africa Why make it an INITIAL pissing contest between the Levant and "Black Africa"? (4) The work avoidance tactic where you negatively associate the archeology with "WhItE pEoPle" as if that has any bearing on it's accuracy or usefulness as a teaching tool. What, we ain't reading books written by "White people" anymore? This (point 4) type of talk is infantile and has no business coming from someone who is serious in studying science. It's an excuse NOT TO READ. Is this something your would say In a conference in from of a ROOM of Academics? [Confused]

Moral of the Story : Why play the dumb, outdated, ethnocentric games when you can just talk about ALL The groups who contributed to the Nile Valley REGARLDESS of how phenotypically and genetically diverse they were? Treat this shit like SCHOOL. You not telling the professor you not reading a book or peer review because it was published by whites. IF you think like that....just watch sports. Its passive.

Beyoku What is claimed by you is not correct the Near East and the Levant is meant by the light skinned individuals living there now. Not the Black Skinned that Was the majority inside the past.

White people control the written word therefor its biased and racist teachings is actually all you get

Herodotus and roman historians taught that the Ancient Egyptians were Black:

quote:

Written word by Herodotus:

For it is plain to see that the Colchians are Egyp
tians; and this that I say I myself noted before I heard it
from others. When I began to think on this matter, I in
quired of both peoples; and the Colchians remembered the
Egyptians better than the Egyptians remembered the
Colchians; the Egyptians said that they held the Colchians
to be part of Sesostris' army. I myself guessed it to be so,
partly because they are dark-skinned [melagchroes] and
woolly-haired [oulotriches]; though that indeed goes for
though that indeed goes for
nothing, seeing that other peoples, too, are such

https://www.jstor.org/stable/24572916

How can you take people seriously who deny what Herodotus saw back when he watched the Ancient Egyptians? Not only was Herodotus around the Egyptians he had first hand knowledge of what the egyptians looked like and europeans call herodotus the father of lies just because he claims egyptians as black

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Nevermind. I see you still stuck in 2001. Fuck Herodotus.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
Nevermind. I see you still stuck in 2001. Fuck Herodotus.

Why do you say bleep Herodotus, when he stated that the Egyptians were Black skinned and wooly haired? Let’s try not to make the Europeans proud now
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
So there is no levant or near east or Mesopotamian culture that is similar to Egypt and Black Africa Practiced today.

While we see cultures from east south and west Africa practicing egyptian culture today.

There was no pictures shown of people from the levant or Near East practicing the cultures of Egypt and Black Africa

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
more cultures similar inside egypt and Black Africa:

Use of Noble Staff between Ghana and Egypt
 -

Ancient Egyptian Collars similar to the Black African Collars:

-

Hairstyles of Males also Similar
 -

similar looks of the Egyptians and Black African
 -

Hairstyles similar from the culture  -

Exact profiles between Black Africans and Egyptians
 -

again the Egyptians look unabashedly African With Lady Khereduankh mother of imohotep based looking decidedly Black African
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

-

In your opinion who had these collars first, tribal groups in Kenya or the Egyptians?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

In your opinion who had these collars first, tribal groups in Kenya or the Egyptians?
It goes back to when Ancient Egypt was building there Civilization. People started off as tribal before they built big civilization.

So I would say Kenya had the collars first

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
Egypt, Cairo, Egyptian Museum, from the tomb of Ita-Uret, daughter of Amenemhat 2, Dashur : Large collar (Usekh collar)
https://www.alamy.com/egypt-cairo-egyptian-museum-from-the-tomb-of-ita-uret-daughter-of-amenemhat-2-dashur-large-collar-usekh-collar-with-beads-image401916568.html

-
Necklace and arm ornament
Pokot people, Kenya

http://web.prm.ox.ac.uk/bodyarts/index.php/body-arts-and-lifecycles/puberty/90-necklace-and-arm-ornament.html

-
Collar necklace, Pokot people, Kenya

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
we also have the Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs where they say Km't equals Black People

Means Black People. from Egyptian hieroglyphs
 -
 -  -  -  -

This was used by the Ancient Egyptians to say they are Black People

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
was the rest of Africa black at that time?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
quote:
was the rest of Africa black at that time?

Possibly, they may of meant this as a way of showing who Ancient Egyptians stand with Black Africans, and looking at the levant and near east as enemies.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^ Nice picture examples, King. There were a couple of African posters who posted similar pictures.

Plus I covered this topic before: Ancient Egypt, A Black African Civilization?
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
culture:
  • Divine Kingship: The pharaoh was seen as both king and god and is believed to have divine powers. This belief is widespread in Africa. Whereas many peoples in Sudan and East Africa have a "rain-maker" king, the Egyptian king is believed to make the Nile flood.
  • the significant role of women: women in Egyptian society were not suppressed like those of the Near-East and had active roles in public life. They had freedom and independence and could run their own businesses and own their own properties. Again this is prevalent in African societies.
  • Circumcision Rites: The Egyptians practiced circumcision as a rite of passage for boys into adulthood, as do many African peoples.
  • sacred colors & numbers: The Egyptians, like many Africans held sacred beliefs for certain numbers like 1 for the beginning of all, 2 for duality, and the color black for life and regeneration and the color red for chaos and destruction. Many Africans also share these beliefs. Many groups in East Africa worship a supremed deity that is concieved of as black whereas destructive deities are red.
  • Totemism & their taboos: The Egyptians held certain animals and plants to be sacred because they are living symbols of their gods. Another belief prevalent in black Africa.
  • Ancestor veneration: The Egyptians believed in honoring their departed and deceased. They would hold feasts and make images of their dead etc. These beliefs are also common to Africa
  • Zar possession rituals: Even today in rural parts of Egypt, they continue to practice the possession ritual of Zar that is practiced by Africans from East to West. It is even a special ritual among West African voodoo! And speaking of voodoo...
  • The Practice of Magic (Voodoo): The Egyptians believed in the power of magic and used them in many rituals. There were execration rituals in which images of enemies were made and destroyed. Or images of enemies made on the Pharaohs sandals so he may symbolically step on them. The key to Egyptian (and essentially all African) beliefs in magic is the symbolism. The power of magic is to make the symbolic real. Like voodoo dolls etc.
I could go on and on, but there are so many African aspects to Egyptian culture that unfortunately I cannot think of anymore.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ELIMU:

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. Well listen carefully..

Ancient Egyptian collars,hats,necklaces and corsets.  -
 -  -
 -  -  -

--------------------

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Leopard skin as an attire of priesthoods all over Africa.

-

-

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com