EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Any Suggestions for Good Egyptian Dramas, Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Suggestions for Good Egyptian Dramas, Movies
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys!
I watched an old comedy show with my guy- it had ahmad zaki on it when he was young, and a whole bunch of other people. it was funny (Considering there were no subtitles) and my egyptian really enjoyed it.

Point being- do you guys know of any exceptionally good egyptian movies, dramas, comedies that are new and available on dvd? i wanted to order a couple as a gift.

thanks!

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malaky Eskendriya- anyone hear about that one- come on you guys!!!
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what is currently playing here in the cinema hibbah. Maybe someone can comment on how good they are and if available on dvd.

Akher Al-Duniya (End of the World) with Nelly Karim and Ola Ghanem, directed by Amir Ramsi

* Ayazun? (Does he Think so?) with Maï Ezzeddin, directed by Akram Farid.

* Fi Mihatat Masr (At Egypt's Station) with Karim Abdel-Aziz, directed by Ahmed Galal.

* Khiyana Mashrouaa (Permitted Betrayal) Directed by Khaled Youssef, with Hani Salama, Hisham Selim, Sumaya El-Khashab.

* Matab Sinaa'i (Artificial Bump) with Ahmed Helmi, directed by Wael Ihsan.

* Muhima Saaba (Tough Mission) Directed by Ihab Radi.

* Qisat Al-Hayy Al-Shaabi (Story of the Popular Quarter) with Saad El-Sughayyar, directed by Ashraf Fayeq.

* Al-Rahina (The Hostage) Directed by Sandra Nashaat, with Ahmed Ezz.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a big fan of new Egyptian movies, so far I find them to be quite silly. Old movies are the best for me!

A few days ago I watched a film called Hareem Kareem with Mostafa Amar... not bad, but not outstanding either.

Some people are quite amused by the character Lemby and I must stress SOME [Big Grin]

Here is a thread about old Egyptian movies, which might give you some hints. I also watched an Ahmed Zaki movie last week where he played a bowaab who came to Cairo from Upper Egypt... I found it hilarious! Ahmed Zaki was a top class actor.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
hey guys!
I watched an old comedy show with my guy- it had ahmad zaki on it when he was young, and a whole bunch of other people. it was funny (Considering there were no subtitles) and my egyptian really enjoyed it.

it is called "madrasset el moshaghebeen"
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com