EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Wanted: a black messiah

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: a black messiah
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If anyone comes across Jesus Christ portrayed as a person of African phenotpye (wiry/woolly hair, full facial features) from sculptures or paintings from the 1st through 15th century, please provide a picture and link so I can add it to row [A] of this page:

-
http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankind/Gods.MotherGoddeses/02-16g-00-20.html

Thanx in advance.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc

Abyssian Ethiopian iconography has tons and tons of black Jesuses and other biblical persona. Many were made in the early periods of the Abyssinian church between 4th century A.D. and 15th century A.D. However, iconography is still a living tradition in today's Ethiopia-Abyssinia.

I have one example, but there are tons and tons of them.

This one here:

-

Regards

Lion! [Smile]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlewing
Member # 17363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlewing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Modern Black Messiah: His Excellency Ben Ammi Ben Israel
http://africanhebrewisraelitesofjerusalem.com/

Posts: 2 | From: usvi | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanx to you both. Should you find more, please share them with me.

Littlewing, that music at the link is really fine!

Kind regards,

Marc

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Try here: Loads of European Black Christ:

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:

UNIVERSITY LIBRARY PHOTOS FROM BOOKS OF CHRIST OF ROMAN EMPIRE OR MEDIEVAL CHURCHES

Iron. Wonderful video. Could I bother you for more, though, from a university library?

Living now in Cape May County, I have no access to such libraries.

I used to take my digital camera and a tripod and take pictures at libraries. Over the years, I took thousands of poignant, one-of-a-kind pictures long-forgotten under countless subjects African.

Would you (or someone) be so kind as to take an afternoon and go to your nearby university with a camera and search for museum art books/photo-albums under:

"Christian churches, Roman Empire" or "sculpture, Jesus Christ, Roman Empire" ?

Jesus, being the key subject, should be well-represented in images African (his disciples and the saints as well!!).

Probably the best libraries, though, are libraries at Catholic seminaries or Catholic university religion sections in their library under the VATICAN as the Vatican has the world's largest collection by far of early Christian art when the world was still black. Catholic libraries will have big Vatican art sections.

It's museum-quality pictures of sculptures, friezes, and 500 to 1,000 year-old paintings I am looking for to put on that web page.

Thanks again for your response and wonderful contributions from http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/ .

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

littlewing
Member # 17363

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlewing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any time marc ;-)
Posts: 2 | From: usvi | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AswaniAswad
Member # 16742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AswaniAswad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is this Ben Ammi Ben Israel

He is a Jew from Israel of Beta Israel decent or is this Ben Israeli the son of Adnael

Posts: 410 | From: Al-Ard | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com