EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » NorthAfroEccentricism (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NorthAfroEccentricism
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point is that the modern militant aMazigh
movement is biologically determinant and viciously
anti-black, having nothing to do with African unity.

I find the Arabized Muslim "Berbers" as more
natural allies than those North-Afrocentrics
and I'm talking from pure lifelong experience.

There is a clear cut identity split between
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh
each of the three has a different image of self.

quote:
Originally posted by Mazigh:
Blackcentrism is not well defined (my opinion), some think it is legitimate ideology to make the history correct as answer on the already death Eurocentrism (altough some exceptional nazi-remnannts exist), but blackcentrism (Afro-blackcentrism) may be divided in many categories. Some (if not all of them) are:

- Re-establishing of the black civilization as it is in the world's heritage.

- Deforming or falsifying or making from exceptions/speculations facts to proove erroneuse conclusions.

- Anti-white (like anti-black) points of views in order to attack the whites.

Instead of speculating the black origin of some civilizations, it is worth focussing on the Afro-black civilization itself. The black civilization is worth to study and giving place.

In stead of claiming to some high civilizations were racially black to deny the claimed "black inferiority", it would be enough to study the races themselves to see whether any race was really inferieur or it was just the environments who gave birth to some civilization while others not.

Cave yields 'earliest jewellery'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3629559.stm

Afro-black wall [Big Grin]
 -

The black mummy:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,865145,00.html

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an unfortunate fact that the term "Berber"
has been and continues to be used to erase the
fact of continental African biological relations.
quote:

The name MZGH was undoubtedly employed
as a generic term by the ancestors of
the modern Imushagh and their various
branches, and it is they who must be
considered as the modern representatives
of the old Hamitic stock which was
invaded by the brachycephals and
xanthocroids, and which in some cases has
been modified to take on a negroid form.

True, modern ethnographers won't use this type of
early 20th century speech, yet we find these ideas
still current, especially so among militant Amazigh activists.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of these militants groups you mentioned have fully embraced the internet and technology. Everywhere from Wikipedia to youtube has videos dedicated to spreading their message.

This is contrary to most proponents of the so-called Afrocentrists.

I find this parallel very interesting.

Perhaps, this is a wake-up call to the proponents of true African history to get more proactive and balance the eschwed history of northern Africa.

Excuse my ignorance but I believe some of the more European looking groups of Imazigh were embrace fully than those ''darker'' more Arabized groups. I don't know the dichotomy but it probably boils down to a inferiority complex that many members have when adapting to western society.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:

I find the Arabized Muslim "Berbers" as more
natural allies than those North Africentrics
and I'm talking from pure lifelong experience.

There is a clear cut identity split between
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh
each of the three has a different image of self.

Which are...?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately the Amazigh activists have chosen to
revive the term Hamite and apply it to themselves
exclusive of any and all black-skinned Africans.

Besides being anti-Arab, I've found the Amazigh
activists to be anti-Gnawa and in denial of the
historic fact that Kmtyw, Greek, Roman, and even
Byzantine authors classed the North Africans they
knew as a coloured people (Mauros/Maurus).

The Amazigh activists who are bent on reviving the
term Hamite are using it precisely the way their
white European colonial masters used the word, a
way to make certain Africans into white caucasoid
(some go as far as straight out employing Caucasian)
people and disconnecting Tamazight from its proven
natural relationship to the African language groups
like Chadic (Hausa), Cushitic, and Omotic.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder who is who to Altakruri:
So who is the Berber and who is he is the Amazigh ...
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh
-----------

I agree with you. There is no common way between blackcentrics and Berbercentrics. Berbercentrism is rather an ally of eurocentrism than afrocentrism.

An example of afrocentrism (better: blackcentrism):

quote:

Many researchers falsely states that the Berber speakers were Libyans. This is false, as proven by Diop (1977). Diop (1977) illustrates that the Berber genealogies place their origin in Saudi Arabia, and point to a very recent settlement(2000 years ago) in the Central Sahara. Diop (1977) believes that the Berbers are the result of the early mixture of Africans and Germanic speaking Vandals. (Diop 1986) This would explain the evident close relationship between the Berber and German languages.

Example of Eurocentrism (whitecentrism):

quote:
Most of the foreign peoples who overran and conquered the locals of Egypt were white. The ancient Libyans, a blondish people, who once dominated North Africa from Morocco to modern Libya, conquered Egypt in prehistoric times. Indeed, some authorities believe the pharaohs were actually of the Libyan race, not the Egyptian. The Libyans were also the ancestors of the modern Berbers. Although today’s Berbers have been heavily Negrified in most regions, red hair is still common among the Berbers of the Rif.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
My knowledge of the three way division in littoral
North African countries is based on my personal
experiences with people from there who identified
themselves to me as either Arab, Berber, or Amazigh.

However it can be glimpsed in published sources
but the Berber-Amazigh part of the split is not
liable to be sensed outside of internal Moroccan
or Algerian conversations. Basically it goes like
this: the Amazigh says he is self-named, free and
noble, while the inferior accepts the name Berber
bestowed on them by those foreign conquerers the
much hated Arabs.

quote:

From the January 2004 National Geographic:

Berbers live throughout North Africa, but nowhere has denial of their identity been more systematic than in Morocco, ethnically the most Berber of the regions countries.

Although 60 percent of the its population claim Berber descent and nearly 40 percent speak 1 of 3 Berber languages, Morocco's constitution declares the country part of "Arab" North Africa, and makes no mention of the Berber.

The Maghreb is plagued with unrest as its people grapple with
their identity crisis split between Imazighen, Berber, and Arab
stirrings.

There is physical repercussive violence inflicted
by the ones against the others. There are completely
private NA chatlists that require registration with
follow up personal investigative verification for
fear that expressing oneself will lead to actual
physical retaliation directed to uninvolved family
members.

Whats interesting is I find elements among the "Arab" camp who
recognize Maghrebi connections with the rest of Africa whereas
Amazigh activists have a tendency to deny any relationship to
Sahara Sudanese culture or lineage.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mazigh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please answer this:
So who is the Berber and who is he is the Amazigh ...
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote: There is physical repercussive violence inflicted by the ones against the others. There are completely private NA chatlists that require registration with follow up personal investigative verification for fear that expressing oneself will lead to actual physical retaliation directed to uninvolved family members.

With the European and American military's that once kept the Whites of North Africa in power, now gone. It is only a matter of time before Africans re-take their countries.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Afrocentrism is even irrational:

Berber and Amazigh?????? It is so simpel:

"These people call themselves Amazigh. "Berber is a name that has been given them by others and which they themselves do not use".

Next time, better home work than this.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Once again "Mazigh" as writtem above:

The Amazigh is the free and noble.
The Berber is the inferior who accepts the name others gave him.

Apparently you are outside the political loop.

--------------------

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Sir Altakruri,

I'm Berber, and i speak the Berber language. I (yes me) am Amazigh. Because I never call myself Amazigh in the Berber language (Tamazigh). My name "Mazigh" doesn't mean I'm not Berber. I simply used the original name.

If it is so coomplicated, i explain it:
You call me "Berber" in English, Berbčre in French Amazigh in Berber language.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had respect of self I could only call you an Amazigh.

It would be very disrespectful to call you a Berber unless
you are one of those who fear being called Amazigh would
lead to political repercussions even heavier than those
used against ones clamoring for official recognition of
"Berber" language and "Berber" names not be proscribed
by the "Arab" government law.

Instead of haranging blacks about blackcentricism you
need to take yourself on and get involved with your own
peoples struggles.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
Don't call me Amazigh [Big Grin] Don't respect me at all! I don't need it. Just be a human!!!

You have to acknowledge that you didn't do your homework, since you didn't know that Amazigh is the same as Berber. Now you say what ever..

I'm not a Berber activist, I'm interested in the Berber/Amazigh history...

Try better logic, and do some google search before you give conclusions.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
No homework required on this.

As explained, Amazigh is not Berber.

Amazigh is free and noble.

Berber is bar bar bar like one can't speak correctly.

Try using lexicons and dictionaries or ask an activist,
unless you're afraid.

--------------------

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
I hope the others are wise enough to the google search if you refuse it.
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
That's precisely your problem. You're so far removed
from the struggle that you depend on random googling
for your definition of self.

quote:

The Issue

Definitions

The term "Amazigh" used in this study is the preferred term for the Berber people of North Africa. The still widely used ethnolinguistic word "Berber" is disliked because of its pejorative and demeaning character--it implies that the person so called is "barbarian" in every sense of the word. "Berber" derives from the Greek word "barbaroi," denoting one who did not speak Greek but babbled unintelligibly and was thus a barbarian. The Romans and Byzantines continued this use of the term. During and after the Arab invasions of the seventh century, the Arabs followed the Greco-Roman practice and referred to the indigenous peoples they encountered as "barbar." The French and English speakers adopted "Berber" and "Berber" coined the word "Barbary," implying that the inhabitants were indeed barbarians.

On the Internet and elsewhere, Amazigh "nationalists" are lobbying for the use of the term "Amazigh," which they use to describe themselves in their own languages. "Amazigh" signifies "free" or "noble" person; the plural is Imazighen.

from AmazighWorld.org put up by an acquaintance
involved in the World Algeria Action Coalition

It's a shame you know so very little about your own
yet you think to come here and set the blacks straight.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alTakruri, Mazigh - Just curious; are indigenous Africans a part of this liberation struggle, and who are you trying to liberate yourselves from - the fake Arabs?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sir Altakruri,

I'm Berber, and i speak the Berber language. I (yes me) am Amazigh. Because I never call myself Amazigh in the Berber language (Tamazigh). My name "Mazigh" doesn't mean I'm not Berber. I simply used the original name.

If it is so coomplicated, i explain it:
You call me "Berber" in English, Berbčre in French Amazigh in Berber language.

Its funny to see you get owned and not even know when it happens. [Smile]
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No homework required on this.

As explained, Amazigh is not Berber.

Amazigh is free and noble.

Berber is bar bar bar like one can't speak correctly.

Try using lexicons and dictionaries or ask an activist,
unless you're afraid.

I get what you are saying. Its like the difference between black and negro. One is noble and free the other is not.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^Out of the mouths of babes;
or in this case, a sick little suburban White boy who still craves mamas tit.

But still, that is actually true.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is, many of those Black North Africans are Arabized as well. It's not like they are fighting to identify with other Black Africans. It's sort of like the case with the Black Arab Sudanese groups, who oppress the non-Arab groups.
Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you NOW realize how insane and inane these Afrocentrists are? These people are void or reason and logic. Even when faced w/facts the numbskull continues to counter you.

quote:
I hope the others are wise enough to the google search if you refuse it.

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don't call me Amazigh [Big Grin] Don't respect me at all! I don't need it. Just be a human!!!

You have to acknowledge that you didn't do your homework, since you didn't know that Amazigh is the same as Berber. Now you say what ever..

I'm not a Berber activist, I'm interested in the Berber/Amazigh history...

Try better logic, and do some google search before you give conclusions.

I agree, I don't see Mazingh as a Berbercentrist, Sure he is interested in the Berber role in A.E...that does not make him a North Afrocentric though..as far as I can tell.
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When these lite-skinned Amizgh are getting the azzes handed to them in France the Blacks are your brothers and natural allies.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do think Mazigh is guilty of "Berber" centrism. He tends to overemphasize "Berber" role in AE and the Sahara; examples being, confusing the side-lock of youth with the locks on Tamahu figures, or the idea that the term "pharaoh" was adopted from a "Berber" ruler. He even sees the Sphinx as some "Berber" personality, not to leave out the impression that Amun may be a "Berber" invention.
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I thought modern Egyptians had identity crises! [Embarrassed]

Exactly what is the difference between the Amazigh activists and the 'Berber' ones?

Posts: 26267 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
The problem is, many of those Black North Africans are Arabized as well. It's not like they are fighting to identify with other Black Africans. It's sort of like the case with the Black Arab Sudanese groups, who oppress the non-Arab groups.

This is not unique to Africans who adopt Arab culture. Many Christian Africans, especially the Evangelical type, dont care to identify with other black Africans either, especially ones they dismiss as "heathen". Also many Jewish Africans identify more with Zionist Israel than Pan Africanism. Abrahamic faiths are a bitch.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ I did hear this about the Ethiopian Jews, but I did think there was 'some' unity between the Coptic Christians, but I get your point as to how religion is used to cause more disunity between Africans.
Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no clue why people think the Abrahamic Faiths keep Africans from coming together.

One of the Main spoken word in the New Testament, is the "Love Thy Neighbour As Thyself"

It does not say Christians only, it speaks about all people. Stop attacking the Abrahamic faiths as a reason for African disunity.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But King..the Abrahamic faiths have been at it for ever so of course they would part ways based on what they believe is the right path to god.
quote:
It does not say Christians only, it speaks about all people. Stop attacking the Abrahamic faiths as a reason for African disunity.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
The proble of the Afrocentrics is that they're closed to the non-afrocentric facts.

This is wat Altakruri said:
"There is a clear cut identity split between
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh"

He thought that Berber is others than Amazigh. I said that it is simpy not the case. Amazigh = Berber.

By the way, i don't completely agree with the traditional etymology.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

While most agree that many nations have witnessed conflicts over national identity at some point in their history, they point to the peaceful coexistence that has been the norm between Arabs and the Amazigh over the past 12 centuries. The question then is why Amazigh nationalism has only now begun to assert itself. Arab nationalists in Morocco see European involvement in this cultural conflict, saying that its roots can be traced back to the "Berber Decree" enforced by the French colonial administration in 1930.

"The French pinned their hopes on the Amazigh tribes, thinking that they would back their colonialist policies," says Alal Al-Azhar, an Istiqlal Party leader. "But they failed, because they were rejected by both Arabs and Berbers."

"This was the first seed planted in the conflict," he says, commenting that the "Berber Decree" gave the Amazigh the right to practice their Berber tribal norms and traditions instead of the Islamic Shari'a.

For his part, Mukhlis Moha of the Amazigh National Youth Association, says that the establishment of an Amazigh Academy in Paris has had a major impact on reviving Amazigh culture. But "we shouldn't forget that the main reason for the development of the Amazigh cultural movement in Morocco is the parallel emergence of the Amazigh cultural movement in Algeria," he adds.

quote:

Morocco remained ruled by the Sherifian sultanate, except for northern areas under Spanish control, until the 1912 Treaty of Fez made most of Morocco a French protectorate, leaving the Sherifian monarchy but establishing a French military presence and installing a French commissioner-general. In the 1930s the French created separate laws for Arabs and Berbers, which sparked Arab nationalism. The "Berber Dahir", promulgated in 1930 by the French, separated the Berber legal system from that of the Arabs, letting them follow their established laws, without being under the authority of the Moroccan sultan. The French believed the Berbers to be closer to Europeans than the Arabs, and saw them as a possible ally against the Arabs, to be drawn into French culture. The French encouraged Berber culture, and used Berber recruits in the French army, causing Berbers to adopt Arabic language and culture and migrate to farms and cities. Berbers also played an important role in the Moroccan war of independence.

Soon after the independence in the middle of the 20th century, all the Maghreb countries to varying degrees pursued a policy of Arabization, aimed primarily at displacing French from its colonial position as the dominant language of education and literacy, but under these policies the use of Berber languages was suppressed or even banned. The countries of North Africa established Arabic as their official language, replacing French (except in Libya), although the shift from French to Arabic for official purposes continues even to this day. As a result, most Berbers had to study and know Arabic, and had no opportunities until the 21st century to use their mother tongue at school or university. This may have accelerated the existing process of Arabization of Berbers, especially in already bilingual areas, such as among the Chaouis.

After Morocco's independence in 1956, the Arab-Islamic sentiment, which was sparked by the French policy of dividing the populace on socioethnic lines, lead to increased emphasis on Arabization.[38]

Berberism had its roots before the independence of these countries, but was limited to some Berber elite. It only began to gain success when North African states replaced the colonial language with Arabic and identified exclusively as Arab nations, downplaying or ignoring the existence and the cultural specificity of Berbers. Berbers in Morocco were also disadvantaged after the independence of 1956.[39] They were well-represented in the police force and army, but did not have a voice in the government, and their French patrons had lost power.[4] However, its distribution remains highly uneven. In response to its demands, Morocco and Algeria have both modified their policies, with Algeria redefining itself constitutionally as an "Arab, Berber, Muslim nation". Now, Berber is a "national" language in Algeria and is taught in some Berber speaking areas as a non-compulsory language. In Morocco, Berber has no official status, but is now taught as a compulsory language regardless of the area or the ethnicity. Additionally, on October 17, 2001 King Mohammed VI sealed the decree (Dahir 1–01–299) creating and organizing the Royal Institute of Amazigh Culture (IRCAM).

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Morocco_Tamazight

quote:

Italian soccer star Marco Materazzi today accepted substantial undisclosed damages over Daily Mail articles which said that he has used vile racist abuse to French captain Zinedine Zidane.

Materazzi, who currently plays for Inter Milan, was not at London's High Court for the settlement of his libel case against Associated Newspapers.

His counsel, Jane Phillips, told Mr Justice Eady that, in July 2006, in its coverage of the World Cup Final, the newspaper published a series of items accompanied by photos, including one of Materazzi being head-butted by Zidane, captioned "Revealed: the insult that made Zidane see red".

She added that the articles stated quite wrongly that Materazzi, who scored one of the crucial penalties which secured an Italian victory, had used vile racist abuse during the match and called Zidane "the son of a terrorist whore".

From: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/materazzi-accepts-damages-over-zidane-racism-claims-988187.html

quote:

The French interior minister Brice Hortefeux, one of Nicolas Sarkozy's closest friends, is at the centre of a race row after he was accused of making apparently insulting jokes about France's large North African community.

In a video on Le Monde's website, Hortefeux is seen bantering with young members of Sarkozy's ruling centre-right UMP party outside a summer conference meeting last weekend. He is posing for a picture with activists including a young man referred to as Amin. A person in the crowd says of Amin: "He eats pork, he drinks beer" and Hortefeux is seen joking: "So he doesn't at all correspond to the prototype." A woman in the crowd shouts: "He's our little Arab". Hortefeux says: "There's always one. When there's one, that's OK. It's when there are a lot of them, that there are problems."

Anti-racism groups, Socialist and Green opposition politicians immediately accused Hortefeux of racist insults and called for his resignation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/10/french-minister-caught-race-row
Posts: 8896 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
I don't know why do you post all these opinions, and you bolden the "reading of what others think". Is there any unwrapped message?
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mazigh wrote:
--------------------------------
I don't know why do you post all these opinions, and you bolden the "reading of what others think". Is there any unwrapped message?
--------------------------------

hee hee hee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The facts Doug posted have obviously stung you. : )

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
How did he do?
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
For the dim-witted who fail to grasp the concept of White media, and White controlled media, being used as a tool to marginalize Blacks and remove them from history.

Please note this abject lesson:

quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:

While most agree that many nations have witnessed conflicts over national identity at some point in their history, they point to the peaceful coexistence that has been the norm between Arabs and the Amazigh over the past 12 centuries. The question then is why Amazigh nationalism has only now begun to assert itself. Arab nationalists in Morocco see European involvement in this cultural conflict, saying that its roots can be traced back to the "Berber Decree" enforced by the French colonial administration in 1930.

"The French pinned their hopes on the Amazigh tribes, thinking that they would back their colonialist policies," says Alal Al-Azhar, an Istiqlal Party leader. "But they failed, because they were rejected by both Arabs and Berbers."

"This was the first seed planted in the conflict," he says, commenting that the "Berber Decree" gave the Amazigh the right to practice their Berber tribal norms and traditions instead of the Islamic Shari'a.

For his part, Mukhlis Moha of the Amazigh National Youth Association, says that the establishment of an Amazigh Academy in Paris has had a major impact on reviving Amazigh culture. But "we shouldn't forget that the main reason for the development of the Amazigh cultural movement in Morocco is the parallel emergence of the Amazigh cultural movement in Algeria," he adds.

quote:

Morocco remained ruled by the Sherifian sultanate, except for northern areas under Spanish control, until the 1912 Treaty of Fez made most of Morocco a French protectorate, leaving the Sherifian monarchy but establishing a French military presence and installing a French commissioner-general. In the 1930s the French created separate laws for Arabs and Berbers, which sparked Arab nationalism. The "Berber Dahir", promulgated in 1930 by the French, separated the Berber legal system from that of the Arabs, letting them follow their established laws, without being under the authority of the Moroccan sultan. The French believed the Berbers to be closer to Europeans than the Arabs, and saw them as a possible ally against the Arabs, to be drawn into French culture. The French encouraged Berber culture, and used Berber recruits in the French army, causing Berbers to adopt Arabic language and culture and migrate to farms and cities. Berbers also played an important role in the Moroccan war of independence.

Soon after the independence in the middle of the 20th century, all the Maghreb countries to varying degrees pursued a policy of Arabization, aimed primarily at displacing French from its colonial position as the dominant language of education and literacy, but under these policies the use of Berber languages was suppressed or even banned. The countries of North Africa established Arabic as their official language, replacing French (except in Libya), although the shift from French to Arabic for official purposes continues even to this day. As a result, most Berbers had to study and know Arabic, and had no opportunities until the 21st century to use their mother tongue at school or university. This may have accelerated the existing process of Arabization of Berbers, especially in already bilingual areas, such as among the Chaouis.

After Morocco's independence in 1956, the Arab-Islamic sentiment, which was sparked by the French policy of dividing the populace on socioethnic lines, lead to increased emphasis on Arabization.[38]

Berberism had its roots before the independence of these countries, but was limited to some Berber elite. It only began to gain success when North African states replaced the colonial language with Arabic and identified exclusively as Arab nations, downplaying or ignoring the existence and the cultural specificity of Berbers. Berbers in Morocco were also disadvantaged after the independence of 1956.[39] They were well-represented in the police force and army, but did not have a voice in the government, and their French patrons had lost power.[4] However, its distribution remains highly uneven. In response to its demands, Morocco and Algeria have both modified their policies, with Algeria redefining itself constitutionally as an "Arab, Berber, Muslim nation". Now, Berber is a "national" language in Algeria and is taught in some Berber speaking areas as a non-compulsory language. In Morocco, Berber has no official status, but is now taught as a compulsory language regardless of the area or the ethnicity. Additionally, on October 17, 2001 King Mohammed VI sealed the decree (Dahir 1–01–299) creating and organizing the Royal Institute of Amazigh Culture (IRCAM).

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Morocco_Tamazight

quote:

Italian soccer star Marco Materazzi today accepted substantial undisclosed damages over Daily Mail articles which said that he has used vile racist abuse to French captain Zinedine Zidane.

Materazzi, who currently plays for Inter Milan, was not at London's High Court for the settlement of his libel case against Associated Newspapers.

His counsel, Jane Phillips, told Mr Justice Eady that, in July 2006, in its coverage of the World Cup Final, the newspaper published a series of items accompanied by photos, including one of Materazzi being head-butted by Zidane, captioned "Revealed: the insult that made Zidane see red".

She added that the articles stated quite wrongly that Materazzi, who scored one of the crucial penalties which secured an Italian victory, had used vile racist abuse during the match and called Zidane "the son of a terrorist whore".

From: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/materazzi-accepts-damages-over-zidane-racism-claims-988187.html

quote:

The French interior minister Brice Hortefeux, one of Nicolas Sarkozy's closest friends, is at the centre of a race row after he was accused of making apparently insulting jokes about France's large North African community.

In a video on Le Monde's website, Hortefeux is seen bantering with young members of Sarkozy's ruling centre-right UMP party outside a summer conference meeting last weekend. He is posing for a picture with activists including a young man referred to as Amin. A person in the crowd says of Amin: "He eats pork, he drinks beer" and Hortefeux is seen joking: "So he doesn't at all correspond to the prototype." A woman in the crowd shouts: "He's our little Arab". Hortefeux says: "There's always one. When there's one, that's OK. It's when there are a lot of them, that there are problems."

Anti-racism groups, Socialist and Green opposition politicians immediately accused Hortefeux of racist insults and called for his resignation.

" target="_blank">http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/10/french-minister-caught-race-row[/QUOTE]

This thread is SUPPOSED to be about Blacks, Africans, and Berbers. But yet, look at who is chosen to represent Berbers and Africans:

One of two White guys, who look so similar, that if someone said that they were biological Brothers with the same Mother and Father, it would not be hard to believe.

Marco Materazzi

-

Zinedine Zidane

-

THIS IS A BERBER:

What's the connection?

NONE!

-

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
@Mike111,
The quotes of Doug M were enough unuseful, but you quote it againt and bombarded it with your eternal images... Such pics and quotes are not usuful. Quote only the sensful statement, and limite the images to the minimum.

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Mazigh, out of curiosity, nothing more, is that you in the top photo standing between the walls?
Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
No, it is not me [Smile]
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
@Mike111,
The quotes of Doug M were enough unuseful, but you quote it againt and bombarded it with your eternal images... Such pics and quotes are not usuful. Quote only the sensful statement, and limite the images to the minimum.

Mazigh - I understand your discomfort:

I keep posting images that demonstrate the silly lie of your White people calling themselves an African people - a lie which is aided and abetted by White media, because it also serves their purposes.

Your disrespect for Blacks, is evident in the fact that you don't seem to understand that I know EXACTLY what I am doing, and Why I am doing it.

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
[Smile] Mike, no i don't disrespect the blacks at all. I'm not very white at all. I'm rather brown, but not black or nordic at all.
I just advice you to be more professional: Big repeated pics are troll works. Now, i don't feel unconfortable with innocent people like you who believe it is true, but some are rather liars. You're still young, make place for information instead of enclosing yourself towards the supposed compromises.

Greeting from me [Smile]

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the problem with you is that you're stupid? AmazighWorld and WAAC, Africentric???

The identity split is part of NorthAfricentrism.
* Arabized
* Berber
* Amazigh

The sense of self is totally negated in the Arabized.
The Berber realize they aren't Arab yet accept outside
labeling as if they are slaves or pets.
Imazighen flat out reject any identity transfer or outside
naming and use the word many of their sub-groups use for
self as recorded since at least the time of Leo Africanus.

Whether Arabized, Berber, or Amazigh they are all of the
same basic stock if they descend from the autochthone
North Africans. Where they differ is in their identity, i.e.,
what they see themselves as
Arabized -- totally assimilated to their Arab conquerers
Berber -- accepting of Arab mastery
Amazigh -- self-determined and in the struggle

Because you are no part of the struggle you don't understand
that a Berber identity doesn't equal an Amazigh identity.

You hold on to your ignorance even when shown by activist
that Berber is a name of shame fit for a slave or pet
whereas Amazigh are a free and noble people.

quote:
That's precisely your problem. You're so far removed
from the struggle that you depend on random googling
for your definition of self.

quote:

The Issue

Definitions

The term "Amazigh" used in this study is the preferred term for the Berber people of North Africa. The still widely used ethnolinguistic word "Berber" is disliked because of its pejorative and demeaning character--it implies that the person so called is "barbarian" in every sense of the word. "Berber" derives from the Greek word "barbaroi," denoting one who did not speak Greek but babbled unintelligibly and was thus a barbarian.

. . . .
... Amazigh "nationalists" are lobbying for the use of the term "Amazigh," which they use to describe themselves in their own languages. "Amazigh" signifies "free" or "noble" person; the plural is Imazighen.

from AmazighWorld.org put up by an acquaintance
involved in the World Algeria Action Coalition

It's a shame you know so very little about your own
yet you think to come here and set the blacks straight.

quote:
The proble of the Afrocentrics is that they're closed to the non-afrocentric facts.

This is wat Altakruri said:
"There is a clear cut identity split between
* Arab(ized)
* Berber
* aMazigh"

He thought that Berber is others than Amazigh. I said that it is simpy not the case. Amazigh = Berber.

By the way, i don't completely agree with the traditional etymology.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
alTakruri, Mazigh - Just curious; are indigenous Africans a part of this liberation struggle, and who are you trying to liberate yourselves from - the fake Arabs?

Is anyone going to answer this?

You know, you are talking about Africa.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
It gives me no pleasure to say that at the current
time those labeled Amazigh activist are in no way
part of the general struggle of the African people
throughout the length and breadth of the continent.

Many Amazigh activist, from my personal involvement,
are not removed from European parentage by even one
generation.

This is why whiteness is such a big thing with them.

The most vociferous activist have a European parent
thus are only half Amazigh yet they rule out 100%
African parentage littorals and Saharans if they are
dark skinned saying they must be mixed with (excuse
me)"negro." This in denial of the fact that primary
documentation from the Greek era to the early Islamic
era note the majority of pre-Saharan peoples were dark
skinned.

But that's NorthAfricentricism for you.

At the same time disparaging blacks they look for
examples from the Black American liberation movement
of the late 60's and early 70's for how to wage their
struggle against everybody, "Arabs," Europeans, Aguinaw
(Black Africans).

This is the end result of indigenous Africans of
the littoral consciously taking on European wives
over 1000s of years. A complete breakdown with an
identity crisis and a be-like complex.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - Then may we say that they are the Zionists of North Africa?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I don't know what they are nor do I care much for
or about them anymore. Because we share a continent
with them we unfortunately have to deal with them in
the usual political foriegn diplomacy manner. But I
remind you, the Arabized ones more cognizant of ties
to the rest of Africa than the Oedipus complex activists.

--------------------

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
To the un-indoctrinated;

This is the behavior that BOTH the Berber and Arab engaged in.

It seems that this past behavior my yet cost both groups their very identity.

In hindsight, maybe they should have left those White Women alone.

-

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Does anyone else see the irony in all of this?

The White man was our Albinos, but our children nonetheless - and they turned on us.

The mixed-race people calling themselves Arabs and Berbers are turning on us, and joining with their White half:

Are we really THAT bad at Parenting?

Mazigh
Member # 8621

Rate Member
@Altakruri,
You should know/acknowledge that Berber is another word for amazigh.

In your conception: Berber is the contrary of the Amazigh. Amazigh struggles for his identity, while the Berber is lazy Amazigh, Right?

If so, no:
See:
http://www.mondeberbere.com/ (Amazigh or Berber)
(it is translated as "amazigh world")

What is the difference between this:
http://amazigh.startkabel.nl/
http://berber.startkabel.nl/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com