EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » FINALLY! Full-faced view of the Hyksos! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FINALLY! Full-faced view of the Hyksos!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn - How African can a people look!

-

Boston Public Library
Statues of Shepherd Kings
BPLDC no.: 08_04_000038
Page Title: Statues of Shepherd Kings
Collection: Tupper Scrapbooks Collection
Album: Volume 26: Lower Egypt. Pyramids.
Call no. 4098B.104 v26 (p. 37)
Creator: Tupper, William Vaughn
Description: Scrapbook page containing a photograph of a statue of the Shepherd Kings (two sphinx-like figures), annotated with information about the significance of the figures. There are also drawings of the cartouche of Pasebxanu I.

Link to full sized page.
http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Hyksos/Hyksos_picture_full.htm

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW - The text says this:

The character of the faces resemble the Hyksos Sphinx and their matted (or wavy) beards, plaited hair, and ornaments and bracelets on their arms distinguish them from other Egyptian monuments.

Question: WHERE IS THE HYKSOS SPHINX???

Damn White people and their Sand Nigger cohorts, for their lies, distortions, and hiding of artifacts.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^
Nice Find Mike111, also blows a hole in th "White Jews/White Levantines, White Asiatics theory..LOL...Osirion's head probably just exploded...

Kuddos Mike111

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Ya, now we know for sure why the public was only allowed a profile view of this Hyksos woman.

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
According to the University of Pennsylvania website, this is the Hyksos sphinx.

Notice, only in profile.

But I think that I have seen this sphinx somewhere else, but by a different name.

-

HYKSÔS SPHINX, IN PROFILE.
From the ruins of the Great Temple of Tanis, and now in the Museum of Ghizeh. Black granite. Photographed by Mr. W. M. F. Petrie.

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/edwards/pharaohs/pharaohs-4.html

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Careful, there is a point of view that the
Hyksos appropriated pre-existing statuary,
a not so unusual action for even legitimate
indigenous dynasties.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
party pooper
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike111:
[ Damn - How African can a people look!

-
Libyan period wigged statues, facial features broken off, Tanis, Egypt
centuries after the Hyksos

Tanis was founded in the late Twentieth Dynasty,[citation needed] and became the northern capital of Egypt during the following Twenty-first Dynasty.
(Hyksos several dynasties earlier, culminating in the 15th) Mike, way off

the early rulers of Tanis were Libyans,

Osorkon's tomb was pillaged soon after Psusennes appropriated the tomb,

The Ramessides, Medes, and Persians
By Emmet John Sweeney p 53

-
Psusennes
(of course with the nose and mouth broken off it looks more African)

There was, however, only ever one complete Pharaohnic burial discovered although it remains virtually unknown. In 1940 with the world on the brink of war, the French archaeologist Pierre Montet discovered the undisturbed tomb of the 21st Dynasty king Psusennes I, as well as the tombs of the Libyan Pharaohs Osorkon I, Takelot II, Sheshonq III and others in a royal necropolis at Tanis.

During the time of Psusennes, known as the Third Intermediate Period, the Valley of the kings was officially looted for it's treasures and many of the funeral goods were reused. This is also probably when the mummies were removed from their tombs and stored in at least two caches. Ironically this protected them from further disturbance and ensured their survival.

-  -
_______________________________^^^ Polychrome faience tile with a depiction of a captive Libyan, one of the traditional enemies of Egypt.Tell el-Yahudiya, also known as "Mound of the Jews,In the western part of the enclosure wall there was a temple and/or palace of Ramesses III, and colossal statues of Ramesses II

Ahmose, who is regarded as the first king of the Eighteenth Dynasty may have been on the Theban throne for some time before he resumed the war against the Hyksos.

The details of his military campaigns are taken from the account on the walls of the tomb of another Ahmose, a soldier from El-Kab, a town in southern Upper Egypt, whose father had served under Seqenenra Tao II, and whose family had long been nomarchs of the district. It seems that several campaigns against the stronghold at Avaris were needed before the Hyksos were finally dislodged and driven from Lower Egypt. When this occurred is not known with certainty. Some authorities place the expulsion as early as Ahmose's fourth year, while Donald Redford, whose chronological structure has been adopted here, places it as late as the king's fifteenth year. A soldier (named Ahmose) specifically states that he followed on foot as his King Ahmose rode to war in his chariot. This is the first mention of the use of the horse and chariot by the Egyptians. In the repeated fighting around Avaris, the soldier captured prisoners and carried off several hands, which when reported to the royal herald resulted in his being awarded the "Gold of Valor" on three separate occasions. The actual fall of Avaris is only briefly mentioned:

"Then Avaris was despoiled. Then I carried off spoil from there: one man, three women, a total of four persons. Then his majesty gave them to me to be slaves.

The Hyksos continued to play a role in Egyptian literature as a synonym for "Asiatic" down to Hellenistic times. The term was frequently evoked against such groups as the Semites settled in Aswan or the Delta, and this may have led the Egyptian priest and historian Manetho to identify the coming of the Hyksos with the sojourn in Egypt of Joseph and his brothers, and helped modern historians identify the expulsion of the Hyksos with the Exodus. Significant in this identification is the fact that some Hyksos pharaohs had names familiar from Israelite traditions, such as Jacobaam of the 16th dynasty. It may also indicate that the "expulsion" of the Hyksos reported in the Egyptian records mainly refers to the expulsion of the Semitic rulers and military/political elite and does not indicate a mass expulsion of the lower classes who, in the Ancient World, were traditionally exploited by their conquerors rather than expelled or massacred.

Many of the stones used to build the various temples at Tanis came from the old Ramesside town of Qantir (ancient Pi-Ramesses/Per-Ramesses), which caused many former generations of Egyptologists to believe that Tanis was, in fact, Per-Ramesses.

There seems to be slight evidence that the Kings of the 19th Egyptian Dynasty may have had some Hyksos connections:

* Ramesses I had hereditary estates in the vicinity of Avaris.
* Ramesses II:
o Celebrated the 400th anniversary of the worship of Sutekh, in honor of his father, Seti I (Seth was identified by the Hyksos with Baal),
o Adopted a Semitic name for one of his favourite daughters (Bintanath meaning "the daughter of the goddess Anath"),
o Dedicated several of his favourite chariot horses to Anath (naming them accordingly), and
o Pharaoh Ramesses II moved his capital city back to Avaris — and named it after himself (Pi Rameses).
* The early Ramesside kings promoted Asiatics to positions of prominence in the civil administration.
* The anti-Hyksos invectives found during the first part of the 18th dynasty are almost wholly lacking.

With the chaos at the end of the 19th Dynasty, the first pharaohs of the 20th Dynasty in the Elephantine Stele and the Harris Papyrus re-invigorated an anti-Hyksos stance to strengthen their nativist reaction towards the Asiatic settlers of the north, who may again have been expelled from the country. Setnakht, the founder of the 20th Dynasty, records in a Year 2 stela from Elephantine that he defeated and expelled a large force of Asiatics who had invaded Egypt during the chaos between the end Twosret's reign and the beginning of the 20th dynasty and captured much of their stolen gold and silver booty.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
That's very nice lioness, you can cut and paste: but can you tell us what it means, and why it is factual?

BTW - You are challenging the pronouncements and determinations of François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette (February 11, 1821 – January 19, 1881) French scholar, archaeologist and Egyptologist, and the founder of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

So this needs to be REALLY, REALLY good. He, he, sad idiot.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
indigenous dynasties.

alTakruri - That is exactly what happened - but in the "REVERSE". Psusennes did it to the Hyksos statues. Mariette says this:

Shepherd Kings:
Two Asiatic looking figures standing on a single base before sacrificial tables which are lavishly adorned with aquatic plants birds and fishes. The character of the faces resemble the Hyksos Sphinx and their matted (or wavy) beards, plaited hair, and ornaments and bracelets on their arms distinguish them from other Egyptian monuments. The name of Psusennes-Psioukhanou, Pasebxanu XXI Dynasty was added at a later date.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
I am very surprised that no one has commented on the featured item of offering - THE FISH!

Fish were a big part of Hebrew life, and many miracles attributed to Jesus involved fish.

John 21:1-11

Jesus and the Miraculous Catch of Fish

1 Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Galilee. It happened this way: 2 Simon Peter, Thomas (also known as Didymus[b]), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together. 3 “I’m going out to fish,” Simon Peter told them, and they said, “We’ll go with you.” So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4 Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5 He called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”

“No,” they answered.

6 He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

7 Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, “It is the Lord,” he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water. 8 The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards. 9 When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish you have just caught.” 11 So Simon Peter climbed back into the boat and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, but even with so many the net was not torn.

-

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had more up to date references but what about this
from Flinders Petrie's "The Arts And Crafts Of Ancient Egypt"?

quote:

We now have a very difficult question to state as to the origin of the remarkable type of fig. 34.
 -
This is one of the class of sphinxes and statues commonly described as being of the Hyksos. Yet, as the Hyksos kings' names are roughly cut on the shoulders of the sphinxes, they are clearly not the original inscriptions; and, as clearly, these figures are older than the Hyksos.

Admittedly not the sculpture in the leading post
but it's shown elsewhere by their hieroglyphics
who they belonged to, no?

But of course verifying the dynasty of the name
inscribed on the statue will tell if it's a pre
or post Hysos era name.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
According to the University of Pennsylvania website, this is the Hyksos sphinx.

Notice, only in profile.

But I think that I have seen this sphinx somewhere else, but by a different name.

-

HYKSÔS SPHINX, IN PROFILE.
From the ruins of the Great Temple of Tanis, and now in the Museum of Ghizeh. Black granite. Photographed by Mr. W. M. F. Petrie.

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/edwards/pharaohs/pharaohs-4.html

quote:
quote:
indigenous dynasties.

alTakruri - That is exactly what happened - but in the "REVERSE". Psusennes did it to the Hyksos statues. Mariette says this:

Shepherd Kings:
Two Asiatic looking figures standing on a single base before sacrificial tables which are lavishly adorned with aquatic plants birds and fishes. The character of the faces resemble the Hyksos Sphinx and their matted (or wavy) beards, plaited hair, and ornaments and bracelets on their arms distinguish them from other Egyptian monuments. The name of Psusennes-Psioukhanou, Pasebxanu XXI Dynasty was added at a later date.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Lioness - My little Albino lumpkin;
Your effort to bring the Libyans into this was a clumsy non-starter. But knowing you, and how your little defective Albino mind works; It's a sure bet that you are looking around and thinking, there must be some Black "Looking" people around, who I can say they are!

Dammit girl - do what EVERYONE does: SAY THEY'RE NUBIANS!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Lioness - My little Albino lumpkin;
Your effort to bring the Libyans into this was a clumsy non-starter. But knowing you, and how your little defective Albino mind works; It's a sure bet that you are looking around and thinking, there must be some Black "Looking" people around, who I can say they are!

Dammit girl - do what EVERYONE does: SAY THEY'RE NUBIANS!

He,he, Lioness - You DO understand that I'm toying with you?

-

Piye's famous stela, now in Cairo and dated to his year 21, describes his campaign northward to put an end to the "rebellion" and describes how he achieved an even more remarkable success. After receiving the surrender of Hermopolis in Middle Egypt, and taking Memphis by storm, he received oaths of fealty and tribute from all his humbled adversaries. The stela is especially interesting in revealing some unusual royal personality traits: he sought to avoid bloodshed; he forgave his enemies; and he made special devotions to the gods of the northern towns fallen to his arms. Despite his victory, Piye had no interest in consolidating his rule over the north; he was content merely to control the Thebaid and the western desert oases. He thus withdrew again to Napata to proclaim his triumphs and to memorialize them on the walls of his new temple.

Surrender of the last opponents

One came to say to his majesty: "The temple of Sebek, they have opened its stronghold, Metenu throws himself upon its belly, there is not a nome closed against his majesty of the nomes of the South and North; the west, the east, and the islands in the midst are upon their bellies in fear of him, causing that their possessions be presented at the palace where his majesty is, like subjects of the palace." When the land brightened, very early in the morning these two rulers of the South and two rulers of the North, with serpent crests, came to sniff the ground before the fame of his majesty, while, as for these kings and princes of the Northland who came to behold the beauty of his majesty, their legs were as the legs of women. They entered not into the king's house, because they were unclean and eaters of fish; which is an abomination for the palace. Lo, King Namlot, he entered into the king's house, because he was pure, and he ate not fish. There stood three upon their feet, (but only) one entered the king's house.

alTakruri - sorry, I got waylayed playing with Lioness. I found the Sphinx, will post next.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know who authored the below

quote:
Their features and artistic style had not been known in Egypt earlier. The unusual appearance of the statues convinced the archaeologists that these sculptures could be attributed to the Hyksos rulers who had built their residence at Avaris, the modern Tell el-Dabaa, in the vicinity of San el-Hagar.

These statues did not have the familiar and traditional idealistic forms and features known in the Old Kingdom and the first half of the New Kingdom. The statues found at Tanis had strange facial features, such as aged and tired faces with high cheekbones and wrinkled cheeks, pouted mouths, and large ears.

Sphinxes were also discovered with lions' manes instead of the usual nemes royal headdress, known from the Great Sphinx at Giza. These sculptures also featured a kind of archaic wig and beard.

Closer examination of the names and features revealed that the original owners of these sculptures were kings of the Twelfth Dynasty, namely Senusert the Third and Amenemhat the Third.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - Your source was correct, that is the Hyksos Sphinx.

-

Link to full picture, which includes Sphinx's of Rameses II's son Merneptah, and Psusennes I.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Hyksos/Sphinx_picture_full.htm

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
The features are similar to Senwosret.

-

quote:
alTakruri - Your source was correct, that is the Hyksos Sphinx.

-

Link to full picture, which includes Sphinx's of Rameses II's son Merneptah, and Psusennes I.

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Hyksos/Sphinx_picture_full.htm

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Amenemhat III
 -

They used to call this COLOSSAL HEAD OF A HYKSÔS KING before they knew better.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
alTakruri - Actually I would be more interested in investigating their resemblances to their original cultures i.e. Anatolia and Sumer.

True, they were in Egypt for hundreds of years BEFORE usurping the Delta, but still something of their past cultures must have survived.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
They are not proven Hyksos statues. They are seen as appropriated
12 dynasty statues and have nothing to do with any Hyksos creations.

Hyksos commissioned art is available and is of poor quality.

If you insist the examples you posted are Hyksos it's alright
with me but I don't agree and don't see any strong evidence.

Instead of all these late 19th and early 20th century references
we need to come up with up to date reports and current analyses.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
12 dynasty statues and have nothing to do with any
Hyksos creations.

alTakruri - Funny, Wally said about the SAME thing. And I will say the SAME thing that I said to him, to YOU!

quote:
Wally (substitute alTakruri) - YOU ARE A BLOW-HARD, NO-NOTHING, DENIZEN OF THESE FORUMS.

Yet YOU!!!

For the sake of maintaining the White mans lies and Bullsh1t, have the audacity to challenge François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette (February 11, 1821 – January 19, 1881) French scholar, archaeologist and Egyptologist, and the founder of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo????

Damn Boy, you have definitely got more nerve than BRAINS!

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Sorry I posted to your thread. I should've known much
better than to bother with these ignorant forums again.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, for what it's worth

On Khnum Hotep II's wall relief (@ Beni-Hassan), you know, the one where asiatics asked permission to enter Egypt, we can get a visual on what Hyksos looked like.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^I don't know anything about that, please post it, lets investigate.
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon son.
You know you've seen these folks.

-

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
C'mon son.
You know you've seen these folks.

-

Ya, I've also seen this:
What's your point?

-

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

^^^
Took a little to time find it on my HD and upload it, but here it is.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Kalonji - I thought that you were being serious. You are offering DRAWINGS for analysis???
That's NOT being serious!

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Did you track down the mural to verify whether the hieroglyphs above Absha don't spell Hk3 h3swt?

Until you do the above, and disconform that the hieroglyphs on the drawing are a authentic, I'll interpret your response above (and the ones following it) as someone who is engaging in booty chatter.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Kalonji:
Did you track down the mural to verify whether the hieroglyphs above Absha don't spell Hk3 h3swt?

Until you do the above, and disconform that the hieroglyphs on the drawing are a authentic, I'll interpret your response above (and the ones following it) as someone who is engaging in booty chatter.

You want ME to authenticate YOUR posting???

You are a fuching idiot!

Are you lioness?

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
quote:
You want ME to authenticate YOUR posting???

Dummy, how can one (you in this case) authenticate something he/she doesn't subscribe to in the first place?

I asked you to disconfirm it, since you're the one who is bitching about it.

If you can't disconfirm it, your objections about it being a drawing are rendered futile, subjective and unworthy of reply by everyone who took the effort to click on your thread knowing damn well that doing so usually results in them scratching their heads at your latest delusions and random name calling.

So are you going to do more than making people scratch their heads, for once?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Ahem - I'm probably the first one to tell you this, but in an adult discussion, if YOU produce it, YOU are RESPONSIBLE for it - is the big lettering helping?

Therefore it is up to YOU to prove that it is what YOU say it is, and therefore to AUTHENTICATE it!

By the way, do you even know what disconfirm even MEANS?

It means to deny or refute the validity of something.

So you produce a drawing, probably done by a kindergarten class, and you demand that I disprove it?

Damn idiot, isn't that backwards. Don't YOU first need to prove, that it is what YOU say it is????

We definitely need a pre-posting class for idiots like you and Lioness.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

Using your logic, how do we know this statue, or anything posted in the history of Egyptsearch for that matter, is not a figment of anyones imagination or a fabrication?

LOL

You said there was something wrong with the picture, if you're going to say that, it is required that you, and you only, show why that is the case.

Let me get this right:

I post a drawing of an Ancient Egyptian mural.

You question it's validity based solely on the fact that it is a drawn reproduction.

And now I'm supposed to do more work, just because you, being the little girl that you are, don't like what you see?

No punk.
You question it,
You show your grounds for questioning it.

Posting more material will then follow a valid critique

Simply saying it is a drawing won't do.

If you don't properly formulate reasonable objections, my post still stands, and anyone who has done a quick google session by now knows it still stands.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^Since that seems to make sense to you, fine by me. It was up to your parents to instill common sense in you, not me.
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heka-chaset / Heka-chasut
Ḥq3-ḫ3st / Ḥq3-ḫ3swt
Greek Hykussos (Ύκουσσώς)

Ruler(s) of the foreigners

-

Semite Pride WorldWide

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its like they pay them
to drag down any serious conversation
with undiluted B.S.!

Lioness and gang?

Sigh!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
 -

To the rest of the world, and everyone who understands that ''Oh it's just a drawing'' is meager to anyone who has surpassed stagnant individuals who still display baby logic.

Baby logic:

If I close my eyes, the big bad monsters under my bed will disappear

Mike111 logic:

If I refer to Kalonji's image as a ''drawing'', I won't have to face the implications it has for my thesis and that the individuals in my opening post most likely represent Ancient Egyptians.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
12 dynasty statues and have nothing to do with any
Hyksos creations.

alTakruri - Funny, Wally said about the SAME thing. And I will say the SAME thing that I said to him, to YOU!

quote:
Wally (substitute alTakruri) - YOU ARE A BLOW-HARD, NO-NOTHING, DENIZEN OF THESE FORUMS.

Yet YOU!!!

For the sake of maintaining the White mans lies and Bullsh1t, have the audacity to challenge François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette (February 11, 1821 – January 19, 1881) French scholar, archaeologist and Egyptologist, and the founder of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo????

Damn Boy, you have definitely got more nerve than BRAINS!

Mike are you under the delusion that Auguste Mariette was not white? What you are saying seems mentally unbalanced, if not typically hypocritical
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
Its like they pay them
to drag down any serious conversation
with undiluted B.S.!

Lioness and gang?

Sigh!

Yes Lion, Sigh indeed.

Out of curiosity I looked it up, turns out it's about some faded 12th dyn. tomb of a Nome overseer called Khnumhotep II.

It's got some faded figures in colored robes bringing gifts to the dead guy, so naturally the White Christians want to claim that they were Hebrews.

Of course for those with a brain there is an immediate problem, the text calls them Amu, Egyptians called Hebrews Habiri.

They have a whole elaborate nonsense thing going on with just those innocent pictures. Them White people be already nuts, add religion to it, and they be doubly nuts. He,he.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Lioness - Yes Mariette had White skin, but he was also brilliant and truthful, and oh yes, French. So the chances are VERY good that he was actually a very light-skinned Black man, first generation Albino even.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Lioness - Yes Mariette had White skin, but he was also brilliant and truthful, and oh yes, French. So the chances are VERY good that he was actually a very light-skinned Black man, first generation Albino even.

damn you're stupid
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
He, he.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -
 -

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

FINALLY! Full-faced view of the Egyptians

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
book not notes:
Outlines of Egyptian History
by François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette

The Hyksos possibly Turanian

The discoveries of Mariette at Tanis, a Hyksos town, brought to light two statues of an Egyptian king bearing a cartouche on the arm, which M. Naville reads as follows: ' The good god Ra-aa-Kenen, the son of Ra-Apepi.' This is a clear case of a statue of a native predecessor being appropriated by a Hyksos ruler, who, though a worshipper of Sutekh, yet called himself a son of Ra. From the mathematical papyrus in the British Museum we learn the name of another of these princes, Ra-aa-User, with the coronation name of Apepi; and a broken statue found by M. Naville at Bubastis bearing the name User en Ra Ian-Ra is, both from the workmanship and the inscription, judged to be that of a Hyksos ruler. The pose and detail of this and two other kindred statues are entirely Egyptian, while the character of the faces is Turanian.

Professor Virchow, the great German ethnologist, seeing the celebrated Hyksos head from Bubastis in the British Museum, at once pointed out its foreign features, and, while saying how difficult it would be to strictly define the nationality, thought that it might be that ' the models of these heads were Turanians, but I should not be able to say which.' Professor Flower inclines to the view of the Mongoloid origin of the Hyksos. M. Naville has very clearly shown that both these opinions are not incompatible with the history of the foreign invasion. He says : ' The presence of a Turanian race in Mesopotamia at a remote epoch is no more questioned by most Assyriologists. It does not mean that the whole bulk of the invaders, the entire population that settled in Egypt, was of Turanian origin. It would be contrary to wellestablished historical facts. It is certain that all that remained in Egypt of the Hyksos, in the language, in the worship, in the name of Aamu by which they were called, everything points to a decidedly Semitic influence. But the kings may very well not have been Semites. How often do we see in Eastern monarchies and even in European states a difference of origin between the ruling class, to which the royal family belongs, and the mass of the people ! We need not leave Western Asia and Egypt ; we find there Turks ruling over nations to the race of which they do not belong, although they have adopted their religion. In the same way as the Turks of Bagdad, who are Finns, now reign over Semites, Turanian kings may have led into Egypt and governed a population of mixed origin where the Semitic element was prevalent. If we consider the mixing up of races which took place in Mesopotamia in remote ages, the invasions which the country had to suffer, the repeated conflicts of which it was the theatre, there is nothing extraordinary that populations coming out of this land should have presented a variety of races and origins. Therefore, I believe that though we cannot derive evidence from ethnological considerations, they do not oppose the opinion stated above that the starting point of the invasion of the Hyksos must be looked for in Mesopotamia, and that the conquest of Egypt by the shepherds was the consequence of the inroads of the Elamites into the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates.

Tūrān (Modern Persian توران) is the Middle Persian name for Central Asia, literally meaning "the land of the Tur". As described below, the original Turanians are an Iranian tribe of the Avesta age. As a people the are one of the two Iranian peoples both descending from the Persian Fereydun but with different domains and often at war with each other.

-

-

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Lioness, I have no idea why you are posting material that supports the things that I have been teaching - but thanks

Outlines of Egyptian History
by François Auguste Ferdinand Mariette

Quote: But the kings may very well not have been Semites. How often do we see in Eastern monarchies and even in European states a difference of origin between the ruling class, to which the royal family belongs, and the mass of the people! We need not leave Western Asia and Egypt ; we find there Turks ruling over nations to the race of which they do not belong,

Isn't this one of the issues that you and the other know-nothing Jari, constantly give me grief on?

Mazigh et al, do you see that Mariette also knew the bullsh1t and lies of your people?

although they have adopted their religion. In the same way as the Turks of Bagdad, who are Finns, now reign over Semites, Turanian kings may have led into Egypt and governed a population of mixed origin where the Semitic element was prevalent. If we consider the mixing up of races which took place in Mesopotamia in remote ages, the invasions which the country had to suffer, the repeated conflicts of which it was the theatre, there is nothing extraordinary that populations coming out of this land should have presented a variety of races and origins. Therefore, I believe that though we cannot derive evidence from ethnological considerations, they do not oppose the opinion stated above that the starting point of the invasion of the Hyksos must be looked for in Mesopotamia,

How many times have I told you that Abraham's Hebrews from Chaldea, and the Hyksos from Anatolia were one?

and that the conquest of Egypt by the shepherds was the consequence of the inroads of the Elamites into the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates. He got this wrong, they were the Amiru (Amorites) from Anatolia.

Tūrān (Modern Persian توران) is the Middle Persian name for Central Asia, literally meaning "the land of the Tur". As described below, the original Turanians are an Iranian tribe of the Avesta age. As a people the are one of the two Iranian peoples both descending from the Persian Fereydun but with different domains and often at war with each other. Bactrians, Sogdians, etc. were Tur: a PLACE NOT A PEOPLE!

In early Islamic times Persians tended to identify all the lands to the northeast of Khorasan and lying beyond the Oxus with the region of Turan, which in the Shahnama of Ferdowsi is regarded as the land allotted to Fereydun's son Tur. After the 6th century the Turks, who had been pushed westward by other tribes, became neighbours of Iran and were identified with the Turanians. The identification of the Turanians with the Turks was a late development, possibly made in the early 7th century; the Turks first came into contact with the Iranians only in the 6th century.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Come-on lioness, fess-up!

Why did you post that Mariette piece?

I know it can't be that you just discovered that "Honesty was the best Policy" so why did you do it?

I dunno, but I have the feeling that you didn't really understand what it was saying, you just posted to have something to say - pardon me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, many thanks. You can bet that I will soon be re-posting it.

GET THE TURKS OFF OF BLACK LANDS!!!

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
The Hyksos possibly Turanian

The discoveries of Mariette at Tanis, a Hyksos town, brought to light two statues of an Egyptian king bearing a cartouche on the arm, which M. Naville reads as follows: ' The good god Ra-aa-Kenen, the son of Ra-Apepi.' This is a clear case of a statue of a native predecessor being appropriated by a Hyksos ruler

-the statues were appropriated by the Hyksos from earlier non-Hyksos who resembled Marlon Brando.
So your title to the photo:
"statues of Hyksos or Shepherd Kings" is wrong like alTakruri said.

In the paragraph I posted Auguste Mariette concludes:

I believe that though we cannot derive evidence from ethnological considerations, they do not oppose the opinion stated above that the starting point of the invasion of the Hyksos must be looked for in Mesopotamia, and that the conquest of Egypt by the shepherds was the consequence of the inroads of the Elamites into the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates.

he has the mainstream point of view, the Hyksos originated in Mesopotamia. Therefore were not black people

ELAMITES

-

-

-

quote:
[QB] These curls aren't natural. You can see the wavy
or straight character of the hair when looking
down on a carvings head from above or looking
directly at a relief's hairline where a crown or
helmet sits upon the hair. The beard's texture
 -
is another indicator of the hair's true quality.

I question the unneccessary application of blackness
onto people where it does not belong. The "penis envy"
like condition of many diasporan blacks needing to make
peoples who aren't black into blacks and thus claim said
peoples' accomplishments just shows the lack of knowledge
of, or distaste for, actual black peoples and their cultures
and a preference for the cultural accutrements of their "hosts."

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
He, he, I thought so!

You have no clue as to what the Mariette piece said, or what it meant.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
He, he, I thought so!

You have no clue as to what the Mariette piece said, or what it meant.

Ha, ha, ha, ha.

I'm not clear to what the point you were trying to make about the Hyksos.
Please state in a few sentences what your main point about the Hyksos is.

Mariette's basic point is:

Turanian kings may have led into Egypt and governed a population of mixed origin where the Semitic element was prevalent

When he speaks of "Semitic element" he doesn't mean black people. what's your point?

He also said

"Turks of Bagdad, who are Finns, now reign over Semites"

So now we are not are talking about Turks but Finns. What is that all about?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com