EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » the white people with corn rows and dreds thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the white people with corn rows and dreds thread
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreds are a must for Rave fashion!! Artificial or natural

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-  -

-

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dreads were only popularised by black people, not invented. Many cultures had/have such hairstyles.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree with Swenet.

I remember a group from India(Don't remember what they are called) that wore dreads for thousands of years.

Some even say that they introduced it to the Jamaicans. How True, don't really know.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Hay King longtime man,but the above is not true however the name Ganja did came from India.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omo Baba
Member # 18816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omo Baba         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A child born with naturally mattted or locked hair that cannot be combed are called Dada. The natural hair texture is similar to dreadlocks and is not in that state by choice. The word "dada" a word of Yoruba origin, has entered the widely spoken Nigerian English and can be used both as an adjective and a noun. For example one can say, John’s friend is dada or John’s friend has dada hair. In Yoruba, the word is only used as an adjective. “Dada” is used the same way dreads are in American English. Only difference is that the word “dreads” is of Jamaican origin and was used to refer to the Rasta men who people feared and "dreaded." With time, since they had unusual matted or locked hair, their hair was referred to as dreadlocks or dreds and the people were also sometimes called dreds. Dada is almost the same thing as dreds. It looks exactly like dreadlocks. The only difference is that since dada is natural, meaning since the children are actually born with unusually curly, tangled or matted hair they are forced to grow the dreds. Since most children in Nigerian culture, wear their hair in its natural state, if it looks like dreds or dada it is assumed that the child is a naturally born “dada.” Adults are seldom referred to as dada because the dreds may be a style done by choice.

http://neologisms.rice.edu/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=2896

--------------------
It was high time

Posts: 314 | From: Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brada-Anansi

Hey Brada man. True long time me a gwan on dis site.

Just found this website that speaks about Dreads.

Hope you read and tell me a little about what is wrong about what they state:

http://www.dreadlocks.org/the-history-of-dreadlocks/

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Brada-Anansi

Peace

Dreads grow naturally on kinky hair, when you let it process naturally. GO FIGURE!!!

The beginning stage:

-

Second stage:
 -

-

Further ...more:

-

So basically what this means is, you can close that website. It's expired before it opened.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

-

-

-

-

What is it you try to say?
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Brada-Anansi

Peace

'Sup King?

[Wink]

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

-

-

-

-

kmt....di whole ah dem above look ridiculous smh [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swenet

Waz Up Swenet.

I see your still holding down the fort taxing these trolls and taking names.

Good to see that the same people have not left this website to the trolls and there "True Negro" foolishness.

All I gotta say is that no one person owns the rights to dreads. Dreads happens naturally in hair like Africans and Indians. Just hope people realize that even though Jamaicans did not originate dreads, They made it popular to wear. and thats why others in the US and even Japan wear the "Dreads".

Peace

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
 -

-

the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ They are called wiggers.
Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
 -

-

-

-

-

-

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
^ They are called wiggers.

No it's not, especially not with rave fashion. [Roll Eyes]
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
it's not, especially not with rave fashion. [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

Rave music and the rave subculture is of Negroid origin. Rave music certianly isn't white music.

Basic history here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rave_music

Everyone knows rave music is not white.

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King yes I..I check out the link,while I do not doubt Indians came to J.A with their dreads, the hair style was popular amongst Africans and their descendants for an equally long time,and remember curly heir more readily lends itself to making locs more quickly than any other type of hair.

-
http://neologisms.rice.edu/index.php?a=term&d=1&t=2896
^^^
And Omo Baba's link gave additional insight about the hair style

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
it's not, especially not with rave fashion. [Roll Eyes]

Rave music and the rave subculture is of Negroid origin. Rave music certianly isn't white music.

Basic history here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rave_music

Everyone knows rave music is not white. [/QB]

They're not trying to be black simply because they go to a freaking rave. You may be able to argue that about guys who are into hip hop and go the extra mile trying to talk, dress and behave in stereotypical fashions. But Rave girls? Lol no. It doesn't even matter either way. Point is, she looks cute with her dreads so I put it up.
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]They're not trying to be black simply because they go to a freaking rave. You may be able to argue that about guys who are into hip hop and go the extra mile trying to talk, dress and behave in stereotypical fashions. But Rave girls? Lol no. It doesn't even matter either way. Point is, she looks cute with her dreads so I put it up. [/QB]

White music is high cultured - classical, orchestral, gregorian chant and so forth.

Rave music, like rock/hiphop/rap etcetc is of negro origin. Those subcultures are about sex, drugs and immorality. Ravers are people who get high on drugs and go on a dance floors in race-mixed crowds.

I don't expect you to understand because you are not white. You don't know what high culture is.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]They're not trying to be black simply because they go to a freaking rave. You may be able to argue that about guys who are into hip hop and go the extra mile trying to talk, dress and behave in stereotypical fashions. But Rave girls? Lol no. It doesn't even matter either way. Point is, she looks cute with her dreads so I put it up.

White music is high cultured - classical, orchestral, gregorian chant and so forth.

Rave music, like rock/hiphop/rap etcetc is of negro origin. Those subcultures are about sex, drugs and immorality. Ravers are people who get high on drugs and go on a dance floors in race-mixed crowds.

I don't expect you to understand because you are not white. You don't know what high culture is. [/QB]

The only white people I know that listen to classical, orchestral & gregorian chant music are 40 year old virgins. Nearly all normal whites listens to rock, pop and hip hop but then again you are not normal.

http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=77098 [Big Grin]

Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness is a guy IRL
Member # 18409

Rate Member
^ top 2 are hideous. bottom 1 is very pretty.
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^ works with contrast (i.e. dark braids on light skin) [Cool]

-

But natural is best [Smile]

Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
 -

-

-

Just call me Jari jeri, jari jeri, jeri jeri,

I see you are going through old family album with all those hideous red-haired scottish-type relative?

Hehehe... [Big Grin]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
 -

Not just the cornrows, notice that the hair was crimped [Smile]

quote:
I see you are going through old family album with all those hideous red-haired scottish-type relative?
Red heads aren't all ugly. They are not a typical standard of beauty but they're not ugly.
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB]  -

Not just the cornrows, notice that the hair was crimped [Smile]

she fava walking corpse...smh....

she also looks like she's starving...smh....

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com