EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » DNA LIES!!! FRAUD ON A GRAND SCALE (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DNA LIES!!! FRAUD ON A GRAND SCALE
Energy
Reading books on vacation
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone spot the FRAUD and LIES dressed up as science in the following video? In fact, one knowledgeable scientist in the video pointed out the DNA results can not be trusted but no one was listening to him. Take a look and see if you can spot the lies told by the DNA results.

Isaiah Washington and African Ancestry

Posts: 620 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I didn't spot any problems
It sounds more like you scared

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
No. I didn't spot any problems
It sounds more like you scared

LOL! Scared why will I be scared?
Posts: 620 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
were you expecting there dna to be hebrew?
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
Anyway Lioness, I know you are quick at spotting errors, don't let me down on this one. The errors in that video are gigantic.

--------------------
KNOW THYSELF

https://mawuvi.com/sample-pages.html

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by asante-Korton:

nope, he just don't want similar results.
ain't science a bitch?

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:

Wow Asante! You of all people should have noticed the errors at a glance. Are you sure you are a native born Asante?
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asante-Korton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Energy:
quote:

Wow Asante! You of all people should have noticed the errors at a glance. Are you sure you are a native born Asante?
Why dont you just tell us what the errors are
Posts: 1064 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can tell the problem with the DNA test results if you are truly an Asante. Even the African-American scientist in the Video at 228 made that point clear.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
yes I missed it

Bruce Jackson says "Its not possible to link anybody in this hemisphere to an ethnic group in Africa at this time"

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You can tell the problem with the DNA test results if you are truly an Asante. Even the African-American scientist in the Video at 228 made that point clear.
Being asante has nothing to do with it, now tell us what the errors are
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

___________^^^ good point, no more games
Awwww Lioness, you are disappointing me.

Ok since you are insistent those DNA test results is similar to saying a DNA test result proves someone is an American citizen. That would be impossible because Americans are not a homogenous group of people.

Likewise a DNA result that claims someone is an Ashanti is one BIG LIE. Ashanti is a FEDERATION like the US.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^read back my last post I got the quote (edited) , Energy raises a legit issue,

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article1150542.ece

Despite the popularity, Bruce Jackson, a molecular biologist and the project's creator (The Roots Project, UMass) warns that DNA results have limits.

African Ancestry and other companies say they can provide geographic and tribal ancestry, but Jackson says they can't.

DNA testing can accurately identify a person's genetic markings, but such markings can be found in multiple places around the globe, he said. There is no way to know exactly which region someone's ancestors came from. Plus, the samplings that companies use generally aren't broad enough to get a full understanding of the hundreds of ethnic groups found in Africa, he said.

Jackson and his colleagues were "on the floor laughing" after hearing 2005 reports that Oprah Winfrey announced she was Zulu.

These celebrities, Jackson said, have been misled about their lineage.

"I can assure that they're not what they're told they are," Jackson said. "There is no way that can be done."

Yet African Ancestry stands by its findings, touting a database of nearly 12,000 paternal samples and 14,000 maternal samples representing 30 countries and more than 200 ethnic groups.

"When we find matches, we find people with whom you have to share paternal or maternal ancestry because you share the same (DNA) sequence," Paige said. "That's a scientific fact."

Both sides agree that DNA itself has limitations.

A woman's DNA can only track genetic information passed down from mother to daughter through the generations. Men, however, can also be tested for their father's ancestry, traced through the male-specific Y chromosome in similar father-to-son fashion. In other words, a woman would need a male relative's DNA tested in order to gaze into her paternal ancestry, which is why Kittrell also had her brother swabbed.

Robert Wimberly, of Wesley Chapel, paid $550 for two tests — one to find his paternal history, the other for his maternal. He swabbed his cheek on the spot after Paige's presentation to the historical society.

The results, he said, were unexpected and disappointing. African Ancestry reported back that his genetic information most closely resembled Europeans on both sides, belying his coffee-bean complexion.

Another company Wimberly consulted for a second opinion, African DNA, returned the same results.

"I really don't have any answers from that standpoint," said Wimberly, 71. "I was expecting at least some African ancestry."

Testing other blood relatives could help him obtain broader results, but he has no plans to do so right now.

African Ancestry finds that 92 percent of the results for maternal lineage come back as African, but only 65 percent of paternal lineage do. The other 35 percent are Asian, American Indian or European.

"It's more likely for a paternal lineage to come back non-African because of the historical behavior of slave traders and slave holders during the period of slavery in America," Paige said. "There were a very large number of non-African men, particularly European men, fathering children with those slave women."

• • •

Companies that conduct DNA analysis also encourage clients to use oral histories, family mementos and other resources to shore up whatever the results tell them.

Kittrell's research has taken her all the way to Salt Lake City, where she combed through the Mormon Church's famous Family History Library.

There, she stumbled upon gold: a book titled Family Records of the African-American Pioneers of Tampa and Hillsborough County published by the University of Tampa in 2003.

She knew that her ancestors had settled in the Tampa Bay area more than five generations ago in Ybor City and Bealsville, a black community near Plant City. She instinctively flipped to the index at the back of the book. Sure enough, familiar names jumped out at her. She found photos and biographies of her kinfolk.

"I wanted to scream," she said.

Kittrell is self-publishing her autobiography so that descendants won't have to go through so much trouble to learn about where, and who, they came from.

The epilogue to Peering Into the Past is a letter to her children and grandchildren outlining Kittrell's values and beliefs.

"Remember the sacrifices of the past generation and people," she writes. "If it were not for them, we would not have the benefits that we experience today. Teach your children our history whether they want to hear it or not."

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
^^^read back my last post I got the quote

That's my girl. I really don't understand why people give you grief. In my book you are one of the best on Egyptsearch.
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok since you are insistent those DNA test results is similar to saying a DNA test result proves someone is an American citizen. That would be impossible because Americans are not a homogenous group of people.

Likewise a DNA result that claims someone is an Ashanti is one BIG LIE. Ashanti is a FEDERATION like the US.

are you referring to the abusua? If so it is not the same thing
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Official webiste:

http://www.uml.edu/roots/

The Roots Project

The African-American Roots Project is a non-profit, collaborative effort of Dr. Bruce Jackson of the University of Massachusetts Lowell and Dr. Bert Ely of the University of South Carolina Department of Biological Sciences to reunite African-Americans with their ancestral roots in Africa. The African American DNA Roots project uses publicly available data so that all conclusions can be independently verified.

But I don't think Bruce jackson would have put it like:
"DNA LIES!!! FRAUD ON A GRAND SCALE "
aren't you being a little dramatic?

Manu
Member # 18974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These kind of tests can only assign your lineage to a region in Africa, but not to a specific ethnic group as they claim. At least not yet, their database is far too small and the uniparental markers aren't completely scanned.
Posts: 424 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What has abusua got to do with this? The problem here is the DNA if it was accurate should have said the person was Akan because all Ashantis are Akans which is the name of the ethnic group Ashantis belong to. Limiting the DNA result to Asante was a dead giveaway that the DNA result is a lie. Any Asante would have spotted the error a mile away. To give you a parallel example, if a DNA result says someone is Ewe from Togo, because I am native Ewe, I know straight away that is not possible because our people are not limited to Togo. Therefore the DNA result is telling a lie. Hope you get my drift.

These DNA results are not worth the paper they are written on.

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Official webiste:

http://www.uml.edu/roots/

The Roots Project

The African-American Roots Project is a non-profit, collaborative effort of Dr. Bruce Jackson of the University of Massachusetts Lowell and Dr. Bert Ely of the University of South Carolina Department of Biological Sciences to reunite African-Americans with their ancestral roots in Africa. The African American DNA Roots project uses publicly available data so that all conclusions can be independently verified.

But I don't think Bruce jackson would have put it like:
"DNA LIES!!! FRAUD ON A GRAND SCALE "
aren't you being a little dramatic?

Yeah but no one seems to hear what Bruce Jackson is saying. Why is that Lioness?

You need to be DRAMATIC in order to be heard. Failing that you are wasting your time.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What has abusua got to do with this? The problem here is the DNA if it was accurate should have said the person was Akan because all Ashantis are Akans which is the name of the ethnic group Ashantis belong to. Limiting the DNA result to Asante was a dead giveaway that the DNA result is a lie. Any Asante would have spotted the error a mile away. To give you a parallel example, if a DNA result says someone is Ewe from Togo, because I am native Ewe, I know straight away that is not possible because our people are not limited to Togo. Therefore the DNA result is telling a lie. Hope you get my drift.

Dont be stupid i mean if there dna came out to be chinese or indian well then that would be a lie but since his dna (if its true or not) is saying ashanti well then its not far off as alot of ashantis were taking over to the americas.
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^^You FRAUD! You are not an Asante! No Asante history collaborates your claims. I dare you to show any Asante history literature that claims A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery as you claim. That is one massive lie. The earlier you stop making it the better. Failing that I will put Asante history here on Egyptsearch for all to see to see the evil entity that was Asante.

The fact of the matter is Asante is a federation of Akan states that came together for the purposes of war on their neighbours. Do you understand what that implies about Asante? That means you can not use DNA to show/prove someone is an Asante. That my friend is elementary and for you not to understand that says a lot about your intellect.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
^^^You FRAUD! You are not an Asante! No Asante history collaborates your claims. I dare you to show any Asante history literature that claims A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery as you claim. That is one massive lie. The earlier you stop making it the better. Failing that I will put Asante history here on Egyptsearch for all to see to see the evil entity that was Asante.

The fact of the matter is Asante is a federation of Akan states that came together for the purposes of war on their neighbours. Do you understand what that implies about Asante? That means you can not use DNA to show/prove someone is an Asante. That my friend is elementary and for you not to understand that says a lot about your intellect.

Haha im a fraud? lol This coming from a wanna be Hebrew Israelite lol I was born in ghana and moved to australia when i was young because my mother was Australian and wanted me to live over here.
Ashanti were sold by fante and fante were sold by ashanti whats the big deal?

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^^ Cut the smoke and mirror stuff. Just show me this Asante historical literature that says A LOT Asantes were sold into salvery.

Unlike you I PROVE everything I say about my Erverh aka Hebrew identity to show I am legitimate. Lets see you do the same.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Lets talk truth here Energy this is all about your little Hebrew Israelite belief in a little bible verse of Deuteronomy 28. You want so bad to believe that your people were the original hebrews who were sold by the big bad ashanti's to go to america isnt it?
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone who is in the know about DNA knows that these tests can not give you a specific Tribe in Africa, this is a basic fact, I mean who does not know this.

What we do know is where W. Africans came from and its not the Levant(Israel) or Ur(Mesopotamia), Sorry.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Lets talk truth here Energy this is all about your little Hebrew Israelite belief in a little bible verse of Deuteronomy 28. You want so bad to believe that your people were the original hebrews who were sold by the big bad ashanti's to go to america isnt it?

You liar, I NEVER made that claim. Since you have difficulty comprehending simple English let me repeat who I am: I am ERVERH. That is what my people are called. That is our IDENTITY. Our identity is not based on some Biblical text as you wanna put it. You are a LIAR!

See how easy I refute your lies? Now lets do the same with you. Show me this Asante historical stuff that claims A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery.

No need to try and wiggle around like some flim-flam artist as you are doing if what you are saying is true. Produce the evidence.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
You are an African or what Torah calls a Hamite get over it. If you are really a Hebrew then your dumbass people wrote the Talmud. The Talmud is racist garbage bigotry, no one wants to talk about the Talmud though..lol.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You liar, I NEVER made that claim. Since you have difficulty comprehending simple English let me repeat who I am: I am ERVERH. That is what my people are called. That is our IDENTITY. Our identity is not based on some Biblical text as you wanna put it. You are a LIAR!

See how easy I refute your lies? Now lets do the same with you. Show me this Asante historical stuff that claims A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery.

No need to try and wiggle around like some flim-flam artist as you are doing if what you are saying is true. Produce the evidence.

I go by oral history what my elders tell me, this subject does not interest me so do not read up on it as it is bad part of our history.

quote:
But you say here that http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001649;p=1#000000
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
Energy wants to believe that his people the ewe are the original hebrews and that the akan are the ancient egyptians who forced them to build the pyramids for him he has been brainwashed
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Its those Abarhamic cults man, got our people on another level.
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
Energy wants to believe that his people the ewe are the original hebrews and that the akan are the ancient egyptians who forced them to build the pyramids for him he has been brainwashed

LOL! You LIAR! You want me to tell you the name of my people again? It is ERVERH which TRANSLATES into English as Hebrew. This is a FACT.

Here is another FACT. The following is an image of my people celebrating the exodus story. FACT! FACT!! FACT!!!

-

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

LOL! You LIAR! You want me to tell you the name of my people again? It is ERVERH which TRANSLATES into English as Hebrew. This is a FACT.

Here is another FACT. The following is an image of my people celebrating the exodus story. FACT! FACT!! FACT!!!

-

Energy says: Our name sound hebrew so we are hebrews there i proved it LMAO

Yes There celebrating there exodus story.. from west nigeria not israel [Big Grin]

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:

Its really sad these people want to cling onto the history of a bunch of goat herders when our african history goes back thousand of more years more than theirs
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Yes There celebrating there exodus story.. from west nigeria not israel [Big Grin]

LOL! Is that all you can say? Listen up! We have the name, we have the traditions, we have the history. Anyone of those three, prove a peoples identity as the real McCoy. In our case we have it ALL with much to spare. Even the Jews in Israel can not prove their identity as we can. What more do you wanna see. Just name it.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Yeah, and the worst part is that by perpetuating these lies our people uphold Jews and Arabs over our own people and family in Africa. I mean I could understand the folks like Ethiopians who have an authentic presence of Hebrewism, but origin of Judaism and the Abrahamic faiths is heavily African so what gives..

Why is a bunch of goat herders so special. Most of their culture came from Km.t thousands of years before the Hebrews could read or write.

QUOTE]Originally posted by asante-Korton:
quote:

Its really sad these people want to cling onto the history of a bunch of goat herders when our african history goes back thousand of more years more than theirs [/QUOTE]
Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Its really sad these people want to cling onto the history of a bunch of goat herders when our african history goes back thousand of more years more than theirs
Listen to yourself. You don't even know your own history and you wanna claim history going back thousands of years? Whose history Asante? Yours or somethings you SPECULATE upon?

BTW Asante, you see the ease I PROVE my legitimacy and history to you? Lets see you do the same with your claims that A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery. Provide the evidence and shut me up!

All this smoke and mirror stuff about my history is not going to help you. I wanna see this Asante history which says a A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery. Your claim is not like anything I learnt in school, therefore I wanna learn from you. TEACH ME! Don't be shy.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

LOL! Is that all you can say? Listen up! We have the name, we have the traditions, we have the history. Anyone of those three, prove a peoples identity as the real McCoy. In our case we have it ALL with much to spare. Even the Jews in Israel can not prove their identity as we can. What more do you wanna see. Just name it.
ok give me some dna
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Listen to yourself. You don't even know your own history and you wanna claim history going back thousands of years? Whose history Asante? Yours or somethings you SPECULATE upon?

BTW Asante, you see the ease I PROVE my legitimacy and history to you? Lets see you do the same with your claims that A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery. Provide the evidence and shut me up!

All this smoke and mirror stuff about my history is not going to help you. I wanna see this Asante history which says a A LOT of Asantes were sold into slavery. Your claim is not like anything I learnt in school, therefore I wanna learn from you. TEACH ME! Don't be shy.

The only proof you have showed me is that your name sounds hebrew lol

As i said i do not read up on the slave trade I only go on oral tradition the same thing that you seem to be doing.
But I can show you this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKoDaR12UQ

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:

ok give me some dna

You are show some low intelligence here my friend. By requesting DNA proof YOU are implying YOU have DNA of the ancient Israelites to compare it with. You and I know you ain't got that. In fact, no one has. So why bother me asking for evidence that can't be proven? You get my drift?

False Jews may use that DNA lie to bamboozle the less intelligent. It does not wash with me.

asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

ok give me some dna

You are show some low intelligence here my friend. By requesting DNA proof YOU are implying YOU have DNA of the ancient Israelites to compare it with. You and I know you ain't got that. In fact, no one has. So why bother me asking for evidence that can't be proven? You get my drift?

False Jews may use that DNA lie to bamboozle the less intelligent. It does not wash with me.

That is the whole point you idiot you cant prove it lol
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
We Already know where the Language(Semetic), Culture and the Genetics(E1b1b1a) of the people in the Surrounding area comes from, East Africa not the Levant or Mesopotamia as your Bronze age book of lies claim.

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:

No I showed you more than that. I showed you an image of our people celebrating the exodus story which is part history and part tradition. I showed you three things. I can show you more of the traditions if you want. I can also show you Fulani history that says my people came from the Land of Canaan before settling ALL OVER Africa.

As you can see this is too easy for me. Don't sweat it my friend. This is my identity so proving who I am is like a stroll in the park. You on the other hand will struggle and give up the ghost if you made such a claim was challenged to prove it.

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

ok give me some dna

Like I said: Low intelligence on display! Let me make it easy for you to understand. YOU produce the DNA of the ancient Israelite - if you can find it - and then we can compare it to mine. How about that?
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

No I showed you more than that. I showed you an image of our people celebrating the exodus story which is part history and part tradition. I showed you three things. I can show you more of the traditions if you want. I can also show you Fulani history that says my people came from the Land of Canaan before settling ALL OVER Africa.

As you can see this is too easy for me. Don't sweat it my friend. This is my identity so proving who I am is like a stroll in the park. You on the other hand will struggle and give up the ghost if you made such a claim was challenged to prove it.

Umm name sounding the same and a festival is not proof lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coromantee_people Akans that were taking as slaves to americas

and one of the most famous Nat Turner

-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nat_Turner

Energy
Member # 16438

Rate Member
^^My friend the request was on ASANTES sold into slavery? Not Akans. Got it?
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^^read back my last post I got the quote (edited) , Energy raises a legit issue,

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article1150542.ece

Despite the popularity, Bruce Jackson, a molecular biologist and the project's creator (The Roots Project, UMass) warns that DNA results have limits.

African Ancestry and other companies say they can provide geographic and tribal ancestry, but Jackson says they can't.

DNA testing can accurately identify a person's genetic markings, but such markings can be found in multiple places around the globe, he said. There is no way to know exactly which region someone's ancestors came from. Plus, the samplings that companies use generally aren't broad enough to get a full understanding of the hundreds of ethnic groups found in Africa, he said.

Jackson and his colleagues were "on the floor laughing" after hearing 2005 reports that Oprah Winfrey announced she was Zulu.

These celebrities, Jackson said, have been misled about their lineage.

"I can assure that they're not what they're told they are," Jackson said. "There is no way that can be done."

Yet African Ancestry stands by its findings, touting a database of nearly 12,000 paternal samples and 14,000 maternal samples representing 30 countries and more than 200 ethnic groups.

"When we find matches, we find people with whom you have to share paternal or maternal ancestry because you share the same (DNA) sequence," Paige said. "That's a scientific fact."

Both sides agree that DNA itself has limitations.

A woman's DNA can only track genetic information passed down from mother to daughter through the generations. Men, however, can also be tested for their father's ancestry, traced through the male-specific Y chromosome in similar father-to-son fashion. In other words, a woman would need a male relative's DNA tested in order to gaze into her paternal ancestry, which is why Kittrell also had her brother swabbed.

Robert Wimberly, of Wesley Chapel, paid $550 for two tests — one to find his paternal history, the other for his maternal. He swabbed his cheek on the spot after Paige's presentation to the historical society.

The results, he said, were unexpected and disappointing. African Ancestry reported back that his genetic information most closely resembled Europeans on both sides, belying his coffee-bean complexion.

Another company Wimberly consulted for a second opinion, African DNA, returned the same results.

"I really don't have any answers from that standpoint," said Wimberly, 71. "I was expecting at least some African ancestry."

Testing other blood relatives could help him obtain broader results, but he has no plans to do so right now.

African Ancestry finds that 92 percent of the results for maternal lineage come back as African, but only 65 percent of paternal lineage do. The other 35 percent are Asian, American Indian or European.

"It's more likely for a paternal lineage to come back non-African because of the historical behavior of slave traders and slave holders during the period of slavery in America," Paige said. "There were a very large number of non-African men, particularly European men, fathering children with those slave women."

• • •

Companies that conduct DNA analysis also encourage clients to use oral histories, family mementos and other resources to shore up whatever the results tell them.

Kittrell's research has taken her all the way to Salt Lake City, where she combed through the Mormon Church's famous Family History Library.

There, she stumbled upon gold: a book titled Family Records of the African-American Pioneers of Tampa and Hillsborough County published by the University of Tampa in 2003.

She knew that her ancestors had settled in the Tampa Bay area more than five generations ago in Ybor City and Bealsville, a black community near Plant City. She instinctively flipped to the index at the back of the book. Sure enough, familiar names jumped out at her. She found photos and biographies of her kinfolk.

"I wanted to scream," she said.

Kittrell is self-publishing her autobiography so that descendants won't have to go through so much trouble to learn about where, and who, they came from.

The epilogue to Peering Into the Past is a letter to her children and grandchildren outlining Kittrell's values and beliefs.

"Remember the sacrifices of the past generation and people," she writes. "If it were not for them, we would not have the benefits that we experience today. Teach your children our history whether they want to hear it or not."

The key to all of this is, people migrate and move.

Another insertion is, I know of African Americans who've requested and bought tests from several companies and were given different results by these different companies. lol

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ok give me some dna

Like I said: Low intelligence on display! Let me make it easy for you to understand. YOU produce the DNA of the ancient Israelite - if you can find it - and then we can compare it to mine. How about that?
lol thats not up to me thats up to you to find it and prove your point lol
asante-Korton
Member # 18532

Rate Member
quote:

Energy says
quote:
The problem here is the DNA if it was accurate should have said the person was Akan because all Ashantis are Akans which is the name of the ethnic group Ashantis belong to.
???? [Big Grin]
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think you turn it upside down.

If the Asante are part of the Akan. Then in fact it was correct.

The man tested was a descendant of Asante, of the Akan confederation.

The Akan confederation has multiple sub-ethnic groups. One of them happens to the Asante. Others are Fante or Nzema.

Problem however is people move and migrate etc...so pinning it on a specific historical location is indeed effortless. What is now maybe wasn't then.

In Holland we had this tv - documentary on Slavery last year. The host was of Surinamese-African descent. He got tested too by Dr. Tikkles. The conclusion was Asanti descendent.

Here is the webpage, it's in Dutch. But you can use the Google translator.

http://deslavernij.ntr.nl/zoektocht/categorie/roue/

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Energy says
quote:
The problem here is the DNA if it was accurate should have said the person was Akan because all Ashantis are Akans which is the name of the ethnic group Ashantis belong to.
???? [Big Grin]

Yes, but not all Akans are Asanties. That is the thing.

Population 7,000,000 (1995 WA), 44% of the population (1990 WA). 1,170,000 Asante Twi, 4,300,000 Fante, 230,000 Akuapem Twi (1993 UBS). 

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/tribes/akan.php

It's basicly a algorithm.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com