EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Did Neanderthal interbreeding give Caucasians and Asians an evolutionary leap? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did Neanderthal interbreeding give Caucasians and Asians an evolutionary leap?
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=rEMlepX5S4s
Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caucasians and Asians are more evolved than the negroe thats for sure, the great civilizations were in euroasia and to lesser extent in the americas caucasian africa up the sahara...the sub-sharans never invented the wheel.....i think humans never interbreed with the neandthertal because they wouldnt be that smart if they did, or its just that minor that it doesnt affect them
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup I fullystand why they band your ass BlackTiger.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ OP- yuh still ah try...lol...sad...amazing how much stupid can fit into one's person...and how vividly it's been portrayed via text all deh bout di place yah.

==============

***sigh*** smh...Yuh can only do so much fi fight gainst eediatness enuh... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tbh i think the negroe is less evolved in civilization but not individually, because there are lots of smart blacks like obama, and i dont really care if blacks have civilization or not, they are just humans as anyone else and they should live how they want to live, if they want to be hunters and gatherers like iin africa they should do it.
Posts: 109 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Yup I fullystand why they band your ass BlackTiger.

mi dun tell yuh fram long time...CHUPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

mi did ah sight it fram far....and mi did try fe tell unu fram di get-go.... [Frown]

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confirming Truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neanderthals did mate with homosapien, 4% genetic contribution. This has been proven, Blacktiger. And this percentage seems to have put the Caucasian and Asian at an evolutionary advantage over the pure homosapien (Negro).

quote:
Originally posted by BlackTiger:
Caucasians and Asians are more evolved than the negroe thats for sure, the great civilizations were in euroasia and to lesser extent in the americas caucasian africa up the sahara...the sub-sharans never invented the wheel.....i think humans never interbreed with the neandthertal because they wouldnt be that smart if they did, or its just that minor that it doesnt affect them

Posts: 1340 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It sure took you idiots long enough to figure out where this boy was coming from.
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^It sure took you idiots long enough to figure out where this boy was coming from.

[Confused] chat bout Mike111? I tried to tell them from the first rass thread...

quote:
African 0.00%
Asian 0.41%
European 99.59%

The bwoy posted his genetic results I've copied above, and appears (I could be wrong) to want someone to tell him he's not 'white'.....I am wondering if Cassiterides (sp?) will do so, since the bwoy is so desperately trying to be something other than 'white', while disparaging Black People in the process....

he makes Paul Mooney run thru my mind-

"Everybody wanna be a n*gga, but don't nobody wanna be a n*gga"

smh...

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
it depends on how you define white, if its caucasian/caucasoid than im white but if its people of wholly european origin with fair pigmentation than im not white.
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Can we ignore the fact that Whites and Asians rank the highest in IQ, have contributed the most to advance technology and so happen to share the Neanderthal ancestry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGhXuMpwo-o&feature=player_embedded#at=67

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
it depends on how you define white, if its caucasian/caucasoid than im white but if its people of wholly european origin with fair pigmentation than im not white.

You are trying tooooo hard.

Why don't you want to be 'white'? Do your new 'white' associates and/or your new Self-hating Kneegrow fanboy on this forum know how you feel:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Africans and Afro-Americans think Im "white"? hmmmm

http://s3.postimage.org/wz56vfwc3/IMG_0026.jpg

edit: one more picture

http://s2.postimage.org/ofswxf7o7/003.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brada-Anansi

Member # 16371

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 10:51 AM
Ah Donno do you think you are white?
Posts: 4447 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009 | IP: Logged |

BlackTiger

Member # 18649

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 10:51 AM
I think im not

Brada-Anansi

Member # 16371

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 10:57 AM
OK then ur not.
Posts: 4447 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009 | IP: Logged |

BlackTiger

Member # 18649

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 10:58 AM
yeah but im interested to hear if blacks when they see me on the street would treat me like a "white boy"...if they would say "oh look its a white boy"..or would call me a "cracka" or smth

-Just Call Me Jari-

Member # 14451

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 11:04 AM
Nope you would prob. be seen as hispanic or "Mexican"(as they are known down here) but you dont look "white" IMO
Posts: 5457 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007 | IP: Logged |

BlackTiger

Member # 18649

Rate Member posted 06 June, 2011 11:06 AM
[/i]ok. thanks bro. i guess thats slightly "better" than white[/i]

BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
@confirming truth: can you explain how the less evolved neandherthal put caucasians and asians on advantage....i watched documentary about neandhertal and he was not able to create art, first art appears with homo sapiens, the neandthertal also had bigger forehad and looked closer to a gorilla

@truthandrights: i really dont care if im white or not, i gave you fair description of white and if and how im white or not white...i know what i amj.what i wanted to know is if BLACKS WOULD PERCEIVE ME as white and would call me a white boy...."thats why i said its slightly better to be hispanic than white - of course from a black perspective" because i know blacks dont like whites, but probably they dont like anyone else

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting to see how these people utilize geographical land mass and taxons in such a political fashion to isolate Africoids to a political zone in any state of affairs i.e Sub Sahara, True Negro, The invention of the wheel, True black Nubian of the Nile et al while this exercise is essentially not in operation for Mongoloids and Caucasians.

A clear example of this ideological process at work is BlackTiger who appealed to this political zone of Sub Sahara in effect via the mention of the development of the wheel, irrespective of the fact that even if we neglect the development of the wheel, these political zones they regard as primitive still comprise of historical and contemporaneous indigenous developments and complexes invalidating many aspects of their religion.

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
Even as new discoveries are destroying OOA, Afrocentrists desperately hold on to the theory, why?
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
why does it matter if humans are OOA or not? i really dont see a relevance, even if all humans are OOA they still seperated eatch other by mutation and selection
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
a article strengthing the point of those who argue for an origin outside africa http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/330839/title/Site_hints_at_Asian_roots_for_human_genus
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
BlackTiger, Neanderthal had a larger brain than Homosapien.
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
[Big Grin] backtracking yet again...lolol...

@ Brada, et al.- is mi one alone sight it?

the wool coat been slipped off the wolf's back, lol...

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Confirming Truth:
Can we ignore the fact that Whites and Asians rank the highest in IQ, have contributed the most to advance technology and so happen to share the Neanderthal ancestry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGhXuMpwo-o&feature=player_embedded#at=67

How does your IQ charts explain the preponderance of African immigrants surpassing Asians and Caucasians in various levels of academia?

How does your IQ charts explain the successful black African civilizations in antiquity and its contribution to future technology?

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
^What is your source to African immigrants surpassing Asians and Caucasians in Academia?
BlackTiger
Member # 18649

Rate Member
reconstruction of a neandthertal
 -

they seem to have larger heads but if they have larger brains? and does this mean more intelligence?

truthandrights: i try to be neutral and adressing all points....im interested in science not supremacist (of any colour)

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
^What is your source to African immigrants surpassing Asians and Caucasians in Academia?

Here are some excerpts:

"There are only about 880,000 African immigrants residing in the U.S., but they are a highly educated group, with census figures showing that they are more likely to have a college degree (43.8 percent do) than Asian-Americans (42.5 percent) or the U.S. population as a whole (23.1 percent)."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-11-27/news/0911260419_1_thomson-correctional-center-prison-decks

"In the UK, 1988, the Commission for Racial Equality conducted an investigation on the admissions practices of St. George's, and other medical colleges, who set aside a certain number of places for minority students. This informal quota system reflected the percentage of minorities in the general population. However, minority students with Chinese, Indian, or black African heritage had higher academic qualifications for university admission than did whites (Blacks in Britain from the West Indies had lower academic credentials than did whites). In fact, blacks with African origins over the age of 30 had the highest educational qualifications of any ethnic group in the British Isles. Thus, the evidence pointed to the fact that minority quotas for University admissions were actually working against students from these ethnic groups who were on average more qualified for higher education than their white peers (Cross, 1994; Also see, Dustmann, Theodoropoulos, 2006)."

http://bluecafe669.blogtownhall.com/

Perahu
On Vacation
Member # 18548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perahu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neanderthal genes in East Africa:
http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2011/03/neandertal-genes-in-east-africa.html

Perhaps this explain why the Ancient Egyptians were superior over the other Africans, because even their African ancestry likely included Neanderthal DNA. [Big Grin]

Posts: 695 | From: وكان المصريون القدماء القوقازين | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
This research is cross-sectional in design, I presume. Correct?

quote:
Originally posted by Sahel (Siptah):
quote:

Here are some excerpts:

"There are only about 880,000 African immigrants residing in the U.S., but they are a highly educated group, with census figures showing that they are more likely to have a college degree (43.8 percent do) than Asian-Americans (42.5 percent) or the U.S. population as a whole (23.1 percent)."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-11-27/news/0911260419_1_thomson-correctional-center-prison-decks

"In the UK, 1988, the Commission for Racial Equality conducted an investigation on the admissions practices of St. George's, and other medical colleges, who set aside a certain number of places for minority students. This informal quota system reflected the percentage of minorities in the general population. However, minority students with Chinese, Indian, or black African heritage had higher academic qualifications for university admission than did whites (Blacks in Britain from the West Indies had lower academic credentials than did whites). In fact, blacks with African origins over the age of 30 had the highest educational qualifications of any ethnic group in the British Isles. Thus, the evidence pointed to the fact that minority quotas for University admissions were actually working against students from these ethnic groups who were on average more qualified for higher education than their white peers (Cross, 1994; Also see, Dustmann, Theodoropoulos, 2006)."

[Roll Eyes]
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
One cannot ignore the obvious correlation between Neanderthal ancestry and high culture. I mean, geez! it is time to let go the politically correct stance. Perhaps if we were not so PC, we could come up with social and genome programs to bring the inferior races up to speed.

quote:
Originally posted by Perahu:

Perhaps this explain why the Ancient Egyptians were superior over the other Africans, because even their African ancestry likely included Neanderthal DNA. [Big Grin]

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
"Africans have the highest educational attainment rates of any immigrant group in the United States, with higher levels of completion than the stereotyped Asian American model minority. Estimates indicate that a significant percentage of black students at elite universities are African or the children of African immigrants, a notable example of this is Barack Obama."
African immigration and Educational attainment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_immigration_to_the_United_States

Sources cited within the link provided.

@Perahu

Assuming they have these Neanderthal genes and Neanderthal genes is what constitutes civilization and evolution, explain why those Dynastic Egyptians are more what you call "superior" and "civilized" than the people of Eurasia giving their lesser amount of Neanderthal genes in comparison to the populations of Eurasia and higher amount of Neanderthal genes.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Tiger,
You are a comedian--intentionally or maybe not. Just a lot of LOLs from this quarter.

Look, Neanderthal DNA is also found among the New Guineans and perhaps other Melanesians.

If the Neanderthals were cognitively superior to incoming tropical blacks from Africa, how come they were displaced after being in Europe for over 300,000 years.

Asians do not have the highest IQs.
1) The average IQ of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh is 81. African Americans are 91(see Flynn and Dickens(2006). The IQ of South East Asians--Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, Vietnam, Burma, etc.--is approx. 88. China clocks in at baout 95-100. In fact, only Korea and Japan in East Asia score above 100. All these countries make up more than 90% of the population of Asia.

The average IQ of Central Americans(hybrids of European and Indigenous) is about 83.
In Europe, Ireland scores 95, Greece 96 and Israel 94. Iran and Iraq are the locations where there were the important civilisations of Persia and Mesopotamia. Their IQs are respectively 84 and 86.

So you are hopelessly wrong on all scores.

Of course, one must recognise that Africans nurtured the whole human race for approximately 80% of the time of its existence, so in that regard non-African humanity must be grateful for this nurturing process from the paleolithic all the way up to the mesolithic.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
This research is cross-sectional in design, I presume. Correct?

quote:
quote:

Here are some excerpts:

[Roll Eyes]
This is a red herring. You asked for sources and i provided them. How does your comment on cross-sectional studies negate the studies conducted by the many sociologists proving Black African immigrants to be the most educated group, academically speaking?
Confirming Truth
Member # 17678

Member Rated:
quote:
[QB]
quote:
"Africans have the highest educational attainment rates of any immigrant group in the United States, with higher levels of completion than the stereotyped Asian American model minority. Estimates indicate that a significant percentage of black students at elite universities are African or the children of African immigrants, a notable example of this is Barack Obama."
African immigration and Educational attainment:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_immigration_to_the_United_States

Sources cited within the link provided.

Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
quote:
One cannot ignore the obvious correlation between Neanderthal ancestry and high culture. I mean, geez! it is time to let go the politically correct stance. Perhaps if we were not so PC, we could come up with social and genome programs to bring the inferior races up to speed.

quote:
Originally posted by Perahu:

Where is the correlation between Neanderthals and their high cultural civilization contemporaneous to their existence on this planet?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] Caucasians and Asians are more evolved than the negroe thats for sure

then stop being an A-hole calling yourself BlackTiger, it's a double insult
Posts: 42933 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Neanderthal interbreeding give Caucasians and Asians an evolutionary leap?

^^Sheer nonsense, and debunked below in detail.]
http://knol.google.com/k/mainstream-academic-research/hypocritical-hereditarianism-why-higher/3q8x30897t2cs/42#

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH yeah, take pride in your Neanderthal ancestry:

Brains of Neanderthals and Modern Humans Developed Differently

LOL

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gaul
Member # 16198

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Gaul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neanderthal lost to modern man again in 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SISRW7_XS0&lc

Posts: 455 | From: Tharsis Montes | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So no, Neanderthal admixture wouldn't have affected Asian and European modern humans brain development.

quote:
Originally posted by Calabooz':
OH yeah, take pride in your Neanderthal ancestry:

Brains of Neanderthals and Modern Humans Developed Differently

LOL

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novel
Member # 14348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Go here...go there...no, go here...now go there...turn around...let's go over there...now go in circles....this is fun...now go back there...take me wherever I say...go over there...go there...no, go right here...now go right there in that yellow wet spot. See me smiling...I'm having so much fun...are you having fun too..now go there, I want to go here, go on, smell it, taste it, turn around, spin for me, now faster, slow down, right here...now, I am tired, but I'll see you tomorrow. Ad infinitum

*A hint at racist thinking:
The racists are not here to learn anything that a *nigger or nigger lover* could teach them. They despise you for not despising yourself.

All reasonable people, please regain discipline, and ignore the fomenters. Responding directly to their posts, insinuations, only encourages more participation.

A casual visitor to Egyptsearch.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You are full of crap.

Lier,lier,pants on fire.

Stop telling lies.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...the sub-sharans never invented the wheel.....

Neither did your people. Also images of the Wheel have been found all over West Africa and in the Nile Valley.

At least Educate yourself before trying to speak as an authority on a subject you are clueless about.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see things that Africans invented
Humans
The taming of Fire
Astrology
Astronomy
Cooking
Tools of all kinds
The bow
Spear
clothing
Art
God concepts
mining
Jewelry
Trade
medicine
make-up
mathematics
music
time keeping
writing
megalithic structures
A house that's not a cave.
Civilization
King and Queenships
laws
ya know I ain't got all day but u get the drift.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the sub-sharans never invented the wheel..

^^lol... the "wheel" was used in tropical Africa, as represented
by southern Egypt which is bisected by the tropical
zone, long before it was in Europe, documented as
early as the 4th and 5th Dynasties (Shaw 2000).
Europeans never invented the wheel either, or for
that matter many of the fundamental technologies at all.
Most of the fundamental technologies that built
Europe were developed by outside peoples, from the
domestication of key plants and animals, to metalworking,
to writing. European alphabets for example derive
from Near Eastern peoples, which in turn derived
the key elements of those alphabets from ancient Egypt (Sacks 2003).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just Call Me Jari-

Also images of the Wheel have been found all over West Africa and in the Nile Valley.

^^Yeap, the bogus "sub Saharan" concept is designed
to de-Africanize numerous peoples. But a key concept
is tropical Africa. The tropical zone bisects southern Egypt and ancient Egyptians, even in the north
as most of the limb proportion studies show,
group with fellow tropical Africans, even African
Americans.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Also... wheels for transport were in place- documented
as early as the 6th dynasty for specific area work
such as sieges. As the writers point out below, they
would have been impractical trying to haul 5-10 ton
blocks across soft desert sand or Nile mud, but wheels
were in use routinely for applications where practical
early on. There was no need for Mesopotamian
"role models." The tropical peoples of Egypt were practical,
and used the most practical means at hand.

-------------------------------------

"Much earlier forerunners are shown in tomb paintings of the late
Old Kingdom and the 11th Dynasty showing siege towers with
wheels; depictions of movable siege towers exist from the 6th
Dynasty onwards.) This indicates that the wheel was used in the
transport if heavy loads more frequently than assumed..
The use of wheeled equipment in building is not yet attested
to but may have been fairly common. The soft surface of the
desert sand and the mid of the cultivation may have been a
serious obstacle for heavy carriages but not so much for sledges."

--The encyclopaedia of ancient Egyptian architecture
By Dieter Arnold. 2002. p 195
--------------------------

"In all probability wheels would have been of little practical use,
for the building blocks used were far too large and too heavy to
be carried on a wooden-wheeled cart. The relative scarcity of
wood in ancient Egypt would have made the building of such
carts difficult and overcoming the practical and technical difficulties
of building carts to carry and move great weights would have probably
proved impossible.

Wheels would have been, in any event, a far from practical method
of transport on either agricultural land or the desert where they would
have become quickly bogged down in either mud or sand."

--R. Partridge. (1996) Transport in ancient Egypt. p76

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
quote:
...the sub-sharans never invented the wheel.....

Neither did your people. Also images of the Wheel have been found all over West Africa and in the Nile Valley.

At least Educate yourself before trying to speak as an authority on a subject you are clueless about.

where's an image of the wheel being used in West Africa? I have not heard of this as per the time period

quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
[

"Much earlier forerunners are shown in tomb paintings of the late
Old Kingdom and the 11th Dynasty showing siege towers with
wheels; depictions of movable siege towers exist from the 6th
Dynasty onwards.) "

--The encyclopaedia of ancient Egyptian architecture
By Dieter Arnold. 2002. p 195
--------------------------

can someone please post a seige tower with wheels on it from AE prior to 12th dynasty, thanks
Posts: 42933 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
L-M-F-A-O

quote:

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
 -

Done!

--------------------
L Writes:

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^This thread is senseless since the authors of the study already stated that traces of neanderthal DNA were scattered indiscriminately across the genome and thus, would pose no evolutionary advantage (nothing to be selected for, it is all non-coding junk DNA). In addition, it applies to all non-Africans, not just Caucasians, not to mention that Homo-sapiens wiped the Neanderthal out (whatever advantage Neanderthals had over humans therefore, is not evident given their abrupt and pathetic extinction in the face of homo-sapien incursions).

Guys, can you not see that this is just a Eurocentric ruse?! Let it go.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

quote:
Even as new discoveries are destroying OOA, Afrocentrists desperately hold on to the theory, why?

^^What pray tell might these "new discoveries" be?

-------------------------------------------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
^^^^ notice how zarahan revived this dead CT thread from june.
why is that?

Member # 15718

Why is your brain full of garbage dumbass?

--------------------

Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
Why is your brain full of garbage dumbass?

Because its a garbage can, or maybe cum bucket.
Posts: 22235 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com