EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Life on The West Bank...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life on The West Bank...
quinonostante
Member # 6282

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for quinonostante   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last August we stayed in Luxor for the first time! We were fortunate enough to have contacted Jane from 'Flats In Luxor' prior to our holiday, and even though we weren't staying there (we'd booked before we saw her site), we booked several tours which she arranged AND was our guide for! And how lucky we were.....Jane is a complete Egypt enthusiast with an incredible working knowledge of Luxor monuments and Egyptology!

She also introduced us to locals who helped us out with felucca rides and helped enrich our stay!

She certainly has made Luxor her home, and her sensible, laid back approach to life on The West Bank has most certainly helped her, and indeed her daughter make Egypt their home!

We also got to see the flats there and they are quite spectacular...the views are incredible!

We can't wait to return to Luxor!

Posts: 1 | From: Totnes in Devon | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJKeefy™:
Member # 5954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJKeefy™:   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Live On The West Bank And I Love It, So Quiet, No Pipping Of Horns Etc, I Get No Hassle, Which I Was Told I Would Get.
No Problem Getting Across Whatever The Time, And Only Takes About 5 mins.

Love The East Bank, But Its Nice To Get Away From It Sometimes.

DJKeefy™

Posts: 137 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quinonostante:
Last August we stayed in Luxor for the first time! We were fortunate enough to have contacted Jane from 'Flats In Luxor' prior to our holiday, and even though we weren't staying there (we'd booked before we saw her site), we booked several tours which she arranged AND was our guide for! And how lucky we were.....Jane is a complete Egypt enthusiast with an incredible working knowledge of Luxor monuments and Egyptology!

She also introduced us to locals who helped us out with felucca rides and helped enrich our stay!

She certainly has made Luxor her home, and her sensible, laid back approach to life on The West Bank has most certainly helped her, and indeed her daughter make Egypt their home!

We also got to see the flats there and they are quite spectacular...the views are incredible!

We can't wait to return to Luxor!

thank you so much, it is a thrill for me when I make someones holiday for them

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...... and it is refreshing to read nice postings for a change.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is LL.
Hope you had a fabulous New Year, my best 2 you in 2005..............may it rox for you

)))

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com