EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hayafa is back (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hayafa is back
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(This post has been edited)

So shall we exchange some of our cultural heritage here online?

Any suggestions?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so let me get this straight.....
you called me *rude* for posting something that most people here couldnt read.....

which i didnt even start.....

and the person who did start it only did so to find out if "anyone here can understand this" which was the title of the thread.

she is married to an egyptian and has every right to ask this. (actually we all do).

and yet you now post this topic.

surley by your own definition this is just rude?

or could it be that once again you can be as rude as you like.... its YOUR forum isnt it.... i have no business here.

most people on this forum speak english. ES ie EGYPT SEARCH would be a clue as to which language this site is designed for.

i couldnt care less about what language you post in.... i just question your hypocrisy.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men fadlokom roddoo 3alayya bel-Masri..

We7yat el-khanazeer...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mafeesh fayda ya my kingdom, el weleya dee we sa7betha 3omrohom ma hayemsho, hayfdalo a3deen 3ala nafsna 3alatool
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:

most people on this forum speak english. ES ie EGYPT SEARCH would be a clue as to which language this site is designed for.

EGYPT search, CEF, yeah..... and what do they speak in egypt?
you probably know that arabic is their language. and as the site is about egypt and egyptian people, i would say they have the right to speak arabic here.
....don't you think so?!

Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
mafeesh fayda ya my kingdom,

Ehm. ... We have to speak English..

Tab..

cover me and vote on me..

[Big Grin]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
mafeesh fayda ya my kingdom, el weleya dee we sa7betha 3omrohom ma hayemsho, hayfdalo a3deen 3ala nafsna 3alatool

Ehm. ... We have to speak English..

Tab..

cover me and vote on me..

[Big Grin]

heheh lol [Smile] we ba3den el welaya sa7betha hatkhali gozha yetargemlaha beleil [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
I mean why don't people collect themselves a little bit?

That the one his soul went upstairs from them.

You bring it like this, you bring it like this, it is like this.

[Big Grin]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
it is indeed [Smile]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germanjulia:
quote:

EGYPT search, CEF, yeah..... and what do they speak in egypt?
you probably know that arabic is they language. and as the site is about egypt and egyptian people, i would say they have the right to speak arabic here.
....don't you think so?!

of course..... IT WASNT ME WHO SAID IT WAS RUDE!!!

read what ive written above....
"i dont care what language you post in"
she objected to me posting in English. it was English. even italians could read it easily and others.

like i said... hypocrisy.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Meaning.. Not the talking size.. Why do you talk?

On the opinion of the example..

Came the sad to be happy, she didn't find a seat..

[Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im sure there must be egyptian sites for arabic.

i believe this is for english.

so how was i rude?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
We say to them bull, they say milk it.
[Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
What's written on the forehead the eye must see..

[Frown]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Meaning.. Not the talking size.. Why do you talk?

[Big Grin]

god you are hilarious [Smile] it took me a minute though to figure out what you were saying lol
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
we and they....

the sad to se happy.....

who are these....

was it not you who said you had to leave egypt because you were not treated as you thought you should be.
that you were better.
are you that superior that you had to leave.
are you happy now?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
He said English he said!!

Come to you 60 hits in the English of you..

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
.. But English comes in very handy indeed..

The white shark is useful on the black day ..

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:

its not shark, ersh as in penny [Smile]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
And what in its beginning is dashed, has light in the end..

So..

[Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

its not shark, ersh as in penny [Smile]
Kedah?

Bawwazty el-noktah.

[Razz]

It's a shark..

At the end of the month I've got no sharks whatsoever!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Comes in particularly handy if you're moving to live by the Red Sea.

For a public bus trip you pay 50 sharks.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
is it just me or does anyone see the similarities between this thread and Tooties?....

its for people who can understand it......
those that can understand it think its funny.....

but spot the difference...
no one has said rude or offensive things to you because of it.

the words standards, hypo critic and double spring to mind for some reason!!!!!

enjoy your thread ladies!!!!!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Z:
lil charity stop lots of disasters, able ya generous [Big Grin]

Family family you moon.

Your presence is our female monster..

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Z:
shaklek mehayesa today ya koshari [Big Grin]

Never touched that exhaust..

Da 3eeb khalQi seyattak.

[Razz]

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

so how was i rude?

Hello Charm and all other people from this thread.

I do not want to like not mind my own Business but this forum is first for Egyptian people, that why it calls “Egypt searches “so why would you want them to no write in Arabic? They do what they want; on the other side of the forum you have posted a threat about a program in UK. But who is watching this program expect people from UK? And you also wrote a threat in Gallic? So that mean you can write in any language you want, into an Egyptian forum, but you do not accept that Egyptian write in their own language and you expect as well people here to write in English? Well what do you think people are expecting from you? You remind me your British colleague who turns up in my country without even trying to say hello to the local people, in their own language, and who are talking in English to everybody in the street expecting that all the people would understand !!!!! (That does not apply for everybody )

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
so let me get this straight.....
you called me *rude* for posting something that most people here couldnt read.....

Mda...if I said that both post are rude...people will hate me...if I said that it's ok...I will hate myself...then which one variant should I choose? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bombom:

so how was i rude?

Hello Charm and all other people from this thread.

I do not want to like not mind my own Business but this forum is first for Egyptian people, that why it calls “Egypt searches “so why would you want them to no write in Arabic? They do what they want; on the other side of the forum you have posted a threat about a program in UK. But who is watching this program expect people from UK? And you also wrote a threat in Gallic? So that mean you can write in any language you want, into an Egyptian forum, but you do not accept that Egyptian write in their own language and you expect as well people here to write in English? Well what do you think people are expecting from you? You remind me your British colleague who turns up in my country without even trying to say hello to the local people, in their own language, and who are talking in English to everybody in the street expecting that all the people would understand !!!!! (That does not apply for everybody )

yet more proof that people will say whatever they want about whats been said... regardless of whether its been said or not.

1. quote where ive written people should not speak arabic here.

2. i have not written 1 word of gaeolic on ES. Karena has. on 1 post.

3. the thread about the programme in the UK....
i know you dont see it..... thats why i typed the script out for everyone..... so you could read it.... and i believe everyone who read it and posted thought it was funny and appreciated my posting it. when i move to egypt i would be very gratefull if someone took the time to write that for me.

4. you then start waffling on a bit about who should speak what... but i will once again again clarify for you to once again ignore..
this is EGYPT SEARCH which i imagine means english welcome. and therefor i was not rude for responding to someone asking if anyone understood her dialect.

MK was the one who said it was "scottish crap" and i was *RUDE* to post it.

but im sure someone else will interpret what i have just written as 'stop speaking arabic' or 'i hate muslims' or something else equally way off the mark. i wonder if your comprehension of english is as good as you think?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Uff.. And two-nexts with you?

See you man the heaviness of blood!!

karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've changed my mind...basic here should write in english because everyone understand this language...but we can talk any language if we had with a partner to talk. [Smile] Shall we?!
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Z:

atenana kotonont ratenaye7 el betenat batenas latenama shotonoft el potonost betatena3tek 2otonolt latenazem apotonost antenana kamatenam
what is written on the forehead the eye will see [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That's probably a quote from a film I've missed

[Frown]

Last thing I've seen was:

Bathroom in Amsterdam

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old are you? Charm? [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is *mafeesh?*
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
I've changed my mind...basic here should write in english because everyone understand this language...but we can talk any language if we had with a partner to talk. [Smile] Shall we?!

thankyou. some sense.

tootie just wanted to know if anyone spoke the same dialect as her. i did so i responded. we then conversed in that dialect ON THAT THREAD with each other. thats all. but we were told it was SCOTTISH CRAP and RUDE. its english, spoken with a scottish dialect. mousseT is italian and she read it perfectly.

MK then posted arabic to me on my hurghada v sharm thread..... why? am i not entitled to ask a question about egypt in english here and expect a response in english?

it seems that MK does not want english on this forum. thats why i said there must be an arabic site that she surely would prefer.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
What is *mafeesh?*

"No", "there's no", "None existing"
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bombom:
How old are you? Charm? [Eek!] [Eek!]

older than you i guess from that response.
karla
Member # 5472

Really you don't know?! "mafeesh" means not even,neither, none, no ....hope I'm not wrong [Cool]
suzy24/7
Member # 10317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suzy24/7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I completely agree. If you have someone to talk to that understands what you're saying then why not just go for it, have some fun and leave it at that. If people don't understand they don't have to get involved in that thread, they can start their own with someone who understands what they are saying.

We don't all have to have one conversation in one thread. There really is no need for everyone to start getting nasty about it. [Frown]

Posts: 122 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

quote:

tootie just wanted to know if anyone spoke the same dialect as her. i did so i responded. we then conversed in that dialect ON THAT THREAD with each other. thats all. but we were told it was SCOTTISH CRAP and RUDE. its english, spoken with a scottish dialect. mousseT is italian and she read it perfectly.

MK then posted arabic to me on my hurghada v sharm thread..... why? am i not entitled to ask a question about egypt in english here and expect a response in english?

it seems that MK does not want english on this forum. thats why i said there must be an arabic site that she surely would prefer. [/QB]

Even if I write broken english...at least I make an effort to do this...but it's to much says that it's "rude" when someone write in other language. And end! [Smile]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. (for the translation).

No, I don't know what it means. I only know about 20 words of Arabic, and am still trying to figure out the differences between tammam, tayyib, and mashi. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by suzy24/7:
quote:

I completely agree. If you have someone to talk to that understands what you're saying then why not just go for it, have some fun and leave it at that. If people don't understand they don't have to get involved in that thread, they can start their own with someone who understands what they are saying.

We don't all have to have one conversation in one thread. There really is no need for everyone to start getting nasty about it. [Frown]

i completely agree. i wonder if me and tootie and semsema will receive an apology for what was said to us about us and our cultural heritage on tooties thread.
karla
Member # 5472

Ok! I'm sorry for what happened! More I cannot say. Maybe if we'll be more understanding each other could be better. Everybody could be wrong one day! Most important is to can be conciliate! [Smile]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Karla, it wasnt your apology to make. i do remember you misunderstood something id written on the picnic thread and serendipity pointed it out, you re-read and we laughed about it!! everyone does make mistakes. i apologised to 7 on the very thread i was being bashed on, because i thought she was addressing something to me when she wasnt. i have said sorry countless times if i have offended anyone... and yet MK seems to be so righteous and justified in everything she says that she doesnt even think she could possibly owe me an apology let alone offer one.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
I once thought I needed a course in Spreadsheets..

But on second thoughts..

Don't you guys think I'm doing very well at

"Spreading the Sheet" ?

[Big Grin]

Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Big Grin]

On the opinion of another example..

What can the coiffeur do in the muddy face?

Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nanouk:
On the opinion of another example..

What can the coiffeur do in the muddy face?

Moahahahahahaha

On your opinion..

In the apricots!

Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Thank you. (for the translation).

No, I don't know what it means. I only know about 20 words of Arabic, and am still trying to figure out the differences between tammam, tayyib, and mashi. [Big Grin]

Mafeesh can also mean "no more" and be used as an admonition or warning such as "Mafeesh cookies" or "Mafeesh baksheesh" and my favorite "Mafeesh malesh".

tammam is "just right" (perfect is mazboot) tayyib conveys agreement (sometimes reluctantly). Mashi means acceptable.

Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
quote:
Moahahahahahaha

On your opinion..

In the apricots!

The shadow or a man or the shadow of a wall.
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
quote:
Uff.. And two-nexts with you?

See you man the heaviness of blood!!

Yes but

the age of blood is never water!

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Nanouk:
Mafeesh can also mean "no more" and be used as an admonition or warning such as "Mafeesh cookies" or "Mafeesh baksheesh" and my favorite "Mafeesh malesh".

tamman is "just right" (perfect is mazboot) tayyib conveys agreement (sometimes reluctantly). Mashi means acceptable.

Thank you, Nanouk. [Smile] That's very helpful.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com