EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What's for Dinner? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's for Dinner?
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reading MK's post about food made me wonder what you had or are having for dinner tonight?

I made Chicken Kabsah, and for my first try at it, I must say it turned out great!

So whats on your menu today?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am having some sea food ,its my best food and i think it beneficial 2 hehe

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spaghetti Bolognese! And red wine!
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mince meat, vegetables and potatoes.

Ohhh and I've got a roast tomorrow (Lamb) with all the trimmings roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, stuffing. can't wait

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot the left over Christmas cake. [Cool]
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Constant C*
Member # 12720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Constant C*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

So whats on your menu today?

The 'other' white meat....
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just cooked dutch to night,
pretty boring but healthy
it is callled, borenkool stampot
its mash will lots of savoy cabbage mashed together with bacon and then with a whorst, which is a kind of sausage, and a onion gravy on top,

its ok, good food for a winters night,

i still keep nibbling my christmas cake, i just love the icing and marzipan

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicken soup, a fruit yogurt and green grapes! [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Christmas cake?
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chicken tikka masala

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flaps.

Topic closed.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fruit cake with yummy sugar icing and almond mazipan on top,

tiger you really are being a healthy girl,

good girl, usually im good, but im in the mood for some cake tonight, did to much excersize today

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Constant C*
Member # 12720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Constant C*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
Flaps.

Topic closed.

ok i gotta ask, what is with the flaps reference? i even got a personal message warning about 'the flapper' ??
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ Would someone please enlighten CC on the flaps?

I'm off to bed. Thanks.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

I love Tigers menu, but my husband would insist that this is only the appetizer.

The Christmas cake sounds great!

MK pleeeeeeeeeeese don't ruin our appetites.

The lamb sounds great, but I will skip Yorkshire's meal..haha

Vanilla, are you cooking or ordering takeout?

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Vanilla, are you cooking or ordering takeout?

Made from scratch [Smile]
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
basically, fanny flaps, a bit rude , but there you have it CC

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
basically, fanny flaps, a bit rude , but there you have it CC

Hahaha, after the pictures we've seen, I don't think the term fanny flaps could cause offense to anyone!!! [Big Grin]
*Constant C*
Member # 12720

Member Rated:
so who is 'the flapper' and why should I be warned? must be something fameous here
Laura
Member # 879

I think the appropriate first question should be; have you already had your dinner Constant C?

And then next, we need to summon Ayisha with the "sick bucket".

*Constant C*
Member # 12720

Member Rated:
omg some1 sent me the link
holy christ and all things good and sacred
is that a message board member?

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fresh Tuna and cracked peppercorn sauce
Corn pudding
Steamed Veggies (Broc, carrots, water chestnuts)

Washed down with Ginger beer

Desert is, B&J's Cherry Garcia

A normal Saturn-American meal. You know what they say, "You are what you eat".
We only eat once per day. [Smile]

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are having shrimp wrapped in bacon with a horseradish Dijon mustard sauce. basmati rice cooked in white wine and saffron, and string beans with olive oil and sauteed in onions and garlic and topped with balsamic vineager
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fish n chips and pint
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
hahahahahaahahah
now you no CC, unreal hey, i was in total shock
oh you guys are eating really well, i was eating really boring today , compared to you guys,
i think i will come to mickeys house, shrimps in bacon, yummy

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing, I have no appetite at all. [Frown]

I thought pregnancy was supposed to make you ravenously hungry? [Confused]

Maybe I'll have a blueberry pomegranate smoothie.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sneaked back to the fridge and had some cherry yogurt ice cream. Sweet tooth always hits me at night! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had roast lamb again, every single day this year so far we've had lamb in some form or another [Big Grin]

I'm dreaming of fish and chips, so that was really unfair, mac [Razz]

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COME OVER YS. YOU ARE WELCOME ANYTIME
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I will have to join Micky for dinner, sounds great(I looove shrimp) , I'll be right over. [Smile] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VB cooks? Amazing........
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
COME ON OVER I AM JUST 15 MINS FROM PHILLY AIRPORT [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Smile]
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ugh I am so stuffed. I hadn't had ribs since I stopped eating pork. So I made beef back ribs with crazy smoky sauce and potato salad. Very redneck grilling on the deck in January, but then again it is warm as summer here.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had kushari for three days in a row. [Embarrassed] It must be the weather ... I'm craving carbs and spicy sauce all the time.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
VB cooks? Amazing........

Yes indeedy, I got mad skillz.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
what is your specialty? vb. remember i am and chef [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
can you make flapjacks? [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

I make a mean flap-cake. [Big Grin]

I can make anything, including pizza, also from scratch [Smile]

--------------------

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

I make excellent pizza from scratch. We should have a contest. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
wow we should all get together and cook some then taste each others food yummyflappingood [Razz]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:

I make excellent pizza from scratch. We should have a contest. [Big Grin]
My pizza rocks!
I made this last week.

Laura
Member # 879

When I read what you had for dinner Micky, I thought..hmmm...is this woman a chef or just trying to show off??..hehe
[Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
OMG vb i am coming to Egypt next month make one for me. that looks excellent and laura i am an executive chef and food production manager all in one for 25 years now [Eek!] . but i am still wanting to learn new food and technics and especially Egyptian food
Laura
Member # 879

I was just teasing you Micky [Smile]

Learning to cook Egyptian is not so hard, it's really all about the spices, and of course red sauce..haha

Actually my family is Palestinian/Egyptian mix so there are variations of the cooking styles/methods which I have yet to master.

High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marinated lamb leg with onions and oregna roasted easy in 180 degrees in oven, and fried curry rice with green beans and greek salad with parmesan cheese .......
Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i know you were laura [Wink] i can cook some great lamb stew ( we call it here) from my mil and macaronis my bil taught me , but i want to learn more. i have recipes from the website but of course the food is different here . the lamb in Egypt is so much better then here in the states . it doesn't even taste like lamb in egy. i will get some more good tips from mil and my sister-in-laws when i get there next month
Laura
Member # 879

No Feta cheese on the greek salad Voltage?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
high voltage yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm flapiouse
Laura
Member # 879

Did you try the fish Micky? The kind they split and then put onions, tomatoes, parsley on top and broil?

I love this so much and find I can make it at home and it tastes just as good as those we order/or eat out.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i love the fish it is so fresh my sil frys it and it is wonderful. but i will try this at home. yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. thanks
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com