EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » football teams

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: football teams
jeevio23
Member # 15144

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeevio23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just a quick one. I was hoping to play football when I move to Cairo. I played semi professional in England and I'm hoping to play to a decent standard in Egypt as well. Is their an extensive amateur football league over there? I'm not sure if I'd like to play in an expat team though as I always think that sport is a great way to integrate with people and I hope it would be a good way to meet new people, make some friends etc. I don't speak arabic very well but hopefully that won't be a problem. after all, Robinho doesn't speak any English and he's doin alright!
Thanks

Posts: 20 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually there isnt amateur football league ,also if u r above 20 years its hard to find a team interested in cairo unless u have the talent and really can play in a professional league

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The level in Egypt is different as what you are used to. I don't know what to imagine with semiprof in the UK, but when I compare it to the semiprof-level I know, there are teams where you could fit in. Also there are several company-teams active on professional level, in a combination working/playing. Maybe this website is interesting for you: http://www.angelfire.com/ak/EgyptianSports/ZSC.html

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com