EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Ration cards for household commodities? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ration cards for household commodities?
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just discovered that there are apparently ration cards for subsidized household commodities and they're going to be (or are already!) smart cards and will be used on the new metro line too!

Can anyone give more info on these cards? Are they a new idea or is it the 'smart' bit that's new?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the ration cards had been smart cards for a couple of years.

I know Smart cards are also available for the Metro.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen or heard of them before so was curious!
Wondering how you can use them on the existing metro? I think the new line is getting the technology. Wonder if I'll be able to use my Oyster card here [Smile] (J/king)
I thought if you get a season ticket for the metro here, you just get a reusable ticket instead of the normal yellow ones.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.itp.net/526790-cairo-metro-cards-safe-from-hacking

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-231290703.html

Couple of links about the smart cards for the Metro.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cards have always existed Shanta, its just the smart bit that's relatively new, it has nothing to do with being used on a metro, its simply got a smart chip for the grocery store to use on a certain device with a screen for info and stuff..dunno if foreigners are allowed to have one, you better check that and tell us.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
They were introduced to monitor the rationing system and to stop blatent fiddling.
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foreigners can't use them. 30 years ago, the basic foodstuffs like rice, sugar, flour were ONLY available on ration cards from the special rations shops. it was very difficult for foreigners to find these, supermarkets didn't exist, occasionally you'd find some at a grocer and stock up. I guess Egypt has come a long way, but then the gap between rich and poor has really widened.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Yes, I was surprised to find that there is still rationing but I guess it's necessary considering half the working population earns less than $2 a day!!! I wonder if refugee foreigners can - Sudanese, Iraqi? (Not thinking of westerner foreigners here).

I guess though that when the 3rd Metro line is built and they put the smart card technology in then those will be generally available - the links above seem to suggest about 20 stations have it? (Without rereading and double checking).

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
20 years ago flour wasn't widely available either I seem to recall. Egypt really has come along way and the gap has widened.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
plz explain what a ration card is? i thought it was used during ww2 in germany for people who had no food? so whats the difference?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

It's the same principle. It's either for rationing a scare resource (like sometimes the goverment might say no household can have more than 10l of gasoline) or for helping out those on very low incomes to get some basic stuff at highly subsidized price.

We used to have ration cards in the UK too during the WW2 and in the few years afterwards. Nowadays, asylum seekers in the UK get them too (or not an actual card, a coupon book they have to use in a named supermarket).

Obviously, here in Egypt, poorer people get the same sort of thing too to give a basic set of provisions at a very highly subsidized price.

Of course, there were blackmarkets and trading of coupons back in the WW2 days, and I'm sure similar goes on in any country with this kind of arrangement. Smart cards would help to limit that somewhat depending on exactly what the technology was for. I guess you can't swap coupons stored electronically on a card (or however it works) the same way you could actual paper coupons.

Basically, a government decides a certain amount of things people can have - eg it might 1 kilo of flour + 500g of butter + 5 kg of meat + 10 clothing coupons (or whatever).

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and in the uk they can tell u how much of something u can have?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Sometimes, depends! **Not** for most people for most things nowadays.
Sometimes we have a fuel crisis so they say you can only have so much gasoline.
If you are an asylum seeker, you will get coupons which you exchange in a named shop for certain items - if you have the money you can buy more.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think the equivalent (present day egypt, not ww2 england) would be US' food stamps
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
i think the equivalent (present day egypt, not ww2 england) would be US' food stamps

Different nations, different programs.

Harsh and malevolent to refer to "ration cards" as "food stamps". I'd hate to see this discussion turn into a tar and feathering of the Egyptians yet again.

Aid programs will exchange subsidized grain for crude oil or natural gas.

Australia is very good about letting the world know they are now the main nation to import subsidized grain to Egypt. What they fail to mention is Australia gets crude oil and natural gas at a below market value in exchange. How convenient.

A few years ago Mubarak withdrew from a Camp David agreement which the exchange of fuels for grain with the US, which started the end of "USAid". Largely an exploitative treaty, and the US quietly let the agreement lapse because it was exploitative at their hands. US would allow Israel to buy the fuels at a reduced rate before shipping the fuel off to US military bases around the world. Then again we can't refer to Israel's discounted fuel as "government assistance" or "welfare".

Largely much like 30 years ago Egypt cannot grow enough grain crops to support its population. Until Egypt can produce its own grain, then its a scarce commodity. Subsidizing what many world health organizations consider a basic foundation of any nutritious diet, is just common sense.

I wouldn't be surprised that Israel also has subsidized grain open to the public. I do know there are fuel shortages at Israeli settlements, and usually the settlers blame Egypt and USAid.

If a core component of the basic diet isn't rationed, then its sold on the black market at exorbitant prices.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:

thanks captain obvious. regarding the rest of your post, suggest you do a bit more googling before you regurgitate whatever you found in the first couple of hits.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks captain obvious. regarding the rest of your post, suggest you do a bit more googling before you regurgitate whatever you found in the first couple of hits.
Actually I have closely watched how Israel has reacted to the withdrawl of USAid from Egypt and how Israel has lost those benefits.

A slight problem for Israel's PR, they didn't want anyone to know Israel had become reliant on the kickbacks from the USAid program in Egypt for Israel.

Like many concerned folks I am also watching the breakdown in peace talks over settlements, many of those settlements rely on "rations" often which are provided by the US.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

*Actually*, I was refering to your basic lack of understanding of the whole wheat problem btw the US/Egypt and in particular, the common Egyptian perspective on the matter.

And yes, I know you don't live in Egypt, so you'll ask me to PROVE IT. Here.

"The reason is that [the government] succumbed to the American administration's [pressures]," argues Sikina Fouad, who has spearheaded a nationwide media campaign over the past decade promoting self- sufficiency in wheat. "It was a means used by the Americans to undermine the Egyptian economy. [Former American Secretary of State] Henry Kissinger repeatedly said wheat was a political, not an agricultural, issue," she told Al-Ahram Weekly.

"The Americans flooded the Egyptian market with cheap wheat, convincing the Egyptian government to adopt import based policies since they were cheaper than domestic cultivation. The government fell into the trap, failing to recognise the strategic importance of self-sufficiency," she says.

Such conspiracy theories are popular with farmers. "It was crystal clear that our agricultural policy-makers succumbed in the past to American pressure aimed at preventing us from achieving self-sufficiency in order that we would become dependent on US imports," one farmer said. His opinion is widely shared.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2008/893/eg9.htm

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
*Actually*, I was refering to your basic lack of understanding of the whole wheat problem btw the US/Egypt and in particular, the common Egyptian perspective on the matter.

And yes, I know you don't live in Egypt, so you'll ask me to PROVE IT. Here.

"The reason is that [the government] succumbed to the American administration's [pressures]," argues Sikina Fouad, who has spearheaded a nationwide media campaign over the past decade promoting self- sufficiency in wheat. "It was a means used by the Americans to undermine the Egyptian economy. [Former American Secretary of State] Henry Kissinger repeatedly said wheat was a political, not an agricultural, issue," she told Al-Ahram Weekly.

"The Americans flooded the Egyptian market with cheap wheat, convincing the Egyptian government to adopt import based policies since they were cheaper than domestic cultivation. The government fell into the trap, failing to recognise the strategic importance of self-sufficiency," she says.

Such conspiracy theories are popular with farmers. "It was crystal clear that our agricultural policy-makers succumbed in the past to American pressure aimed at preventing us from achieving self-sufficiency in order that we would become dependent on US imports," one farmer said. His opinion is widely shared.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2008/893/eg9.htm

Aah, so you googled, but you didn't find the news article you wanted in the first 2 minutes, so you spat out something that doesn't exactly bolster your original sentiments.

" - posted 21 January, 2011 03:54 AM i think the equivalent (present day egypt, not ww2 england) would be US' food stamps "

First you refer to Egyptians as "welfare receipents" then you attempt to humanize them after someone pointed out your own nation has been receiving the same welfare.

You lived in Cairo for 4 months. then left when you got dumped by your Orfi love interest.

Since the former mod "Shumza" deleted hundreds of threads you had started, you have yet to indicate where you live. Last I read of your residence it was Israel. You have yet to say anything different.

And mind you I wasn't defending the USAid program, actually on this forum I have never defended the USAid program or the Camp David Accords.

I just took the time to point out to you that while you feel the need to dehumanize Egypt for its part in the USAid benefits, Israel also had become dependent on USAid benefits.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

ooooo ok thanks.. u know if they tried rationing gas here it wont work lol but here u can use fod stamp at any store almost even gas stations.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:

ooooo ok thanks.. u know if they tried rationing gas here it wont work lol but here u can use fod stamp at any store almost even gas stations.
Tina, rationing is meant evenly distribute products necessary for proper hygiene, nutrition, and health when the supply is low and difficult to obtain.

Rationing is meant to stave of "hoarding" and "black market" enterprise of basic items that are imperative for health.

"Food stamps" is for folks who are economically disadvantaged, or poor who cannot afford items to maintain basic nutrition despite obvious abundance of food for retail consumption.

Israel and Egypt cannot produce enough grain to meet the demands of the populations. Thus grain must be imported. If the governments don't control the availability and consumption of grain then there will be hoarding and exploitation of grain on the black market.

tina when was the last time you had to buy a loaf of bread in a dark alley and pay ten times what you would pay in a grocery store? American produces 15 times the amount of grain the public its citizens actually needs. Israel and Egypt cannot.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
quote:

Australia is very good about letting the world know they are now the main nation to import subsidized grain to Egypt.

Largely much like 30 years ago Egypt cannot grow enough grain crops to support its population. Until Egypt can produce its own grain, then its a scarce commodity. Subsidizing what many world health organizations consider a basic foundation of any nutritious diet, is just common sense.

Read what you write, then read the article I posted as a response to your drivel.

Nobody is talking about international aid, exept you.

If you spent more time digesting information and less time writing fictional lives for other user names... oh never mind. You can't argue with crazy and you can't fix stupid.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
well concidering the fact we get bread free here i wouldnt have to go in a dark alley. there is a church that gives bread free as much as u want.. the salvation army.. and i dont like that bread so i do the soft wonder bread. its expensive but the best

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can't argue with crazy and you can't fix stupid.

I am putting this up for best quote of the year. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rashaaa
Member # 15206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rashaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
You can't argue with crazy and you can't fix stupid.

I am putting this up for best quote of the year. [Big Grin]
Alhumdulelah.....

my favorite addage...'stuck on stupid'

Posts: 385 | From: In my hayati's heart and thoughts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Australia is very good about letting the world know they are now the main nation to import subsidized grain to Egypt.

Read what you write, then read the article I posted as a response to your drivel.

If you spent more time digesting information and less time writing fictional lives for other user names... oh never mind. You can't argue with crazy and you can't fix stupid.

The reason why no one else besides me is refering to International Aid, USAid is because khawagaas and "afrangis" don't understand that Egypt has to have its grain imported.

Thus the grain is imported as Aid, or in its recent form grain subsidies in exchange for crude oil/natural gas.

You assume that ESers are just thee most uninformed persons on the face of the earth, because they aren't God's chosen people like yourself.

Its actual international policy to ration what is a subsidized product, because thats the point. There isn't enough grain to go around if it was a "free market" product. The grain is meant for persons who wouldn't be able to afford it if the grain price was set by the market.

Nor could Australia afford the crude oil and natural gas as if Egypt sold the fossil fuels on the free market. Much in the same manner Israelis can't afford the fossil fuels nor the water trucked in from Turkey by the millions of tons every week.

Don't assume I am one of the ES regulars won't don't understand the basic crux of what snowballed into US involvement of the Middle East crisis.

I understand the only reason why you gave our insult to this thread and why you continue to distort the truth is your illogal belief that you as an Israeli are superior to Egyptians. Despite you as an Israeli buying grain at the same rate, same ration as many Egyptians yourself.

Can't fix maniacal evil hatred, same maniacal evil hatred as the ****s.

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did we go from ration cards to 'maniacal evil hatred'?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by citizen:

Sono posted.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Captain obvious lmao... love it.
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ذكر وزير الزراعة أمين أباظة أمام مجلس الشعب في جلسته المسائية اليوم السبت أن هناك عوائق شديدة تقف أمام مصر لتحقيق الإكتفاء الذاتي من القمح. وقال الوزير أن مصر بها 238 مليون فدان منها 9 مليون فدان فقط هي الأراضي المنتجة بينما المساحة المحصولية تبلغ 15 مليون فدان.

وأضاف أباظة أن الزيادة السكانية في مصر بمليونى نسمة في العام يعني أننا لابد من زراعة 150 ألف فدان لزراعة قمح كل عام لكي نحافظ فقط علي النسبة المتحققة حاليا من الإكتفاء الذاتي من القمح وهي 56% . أما لو أردت أستيعاب الزيادة السكانية كل عام فالمطلوب زراعة 450 الف فدان في العام وهذا فوق قدرات الوزارة والحكومة والموارد المائية المتاحة. وقال الوزير علشان أطور الري في مصر محتاج من 15 الي 20 سنة. كما أنتقد الوزير الطلبات الخاصة التي يقدمها له النواب لبناء مساكن علي الأراض الزراعية وقال كيف يستقيم ذلك مع طلبات النواب بزيادة مساحة القمح, وقال الوزير نحن أخترنا دعم الإستهلاك وكلما زاد الإستهلاك زادت الأسعار.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

Sono posted.
and that suprises u because?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

love the last quote... [Big Grin]
You can't argue with crazy and you can't fix stupid. [/QB][/QUOTE

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:

Kinda odd you'd make a comment like this and then ignore completely what an Israeli had to say intially on this post.

Let me remind you:
quote:

citizen, you had stated in the past you are a British national living in Egypt, married to an Egyptian, raising Egyptian-British children.

You moved to Cairo and stayed there, but you didn't divulge the fact that you had spent part of your career working for USAid.

You chose to counter my statements that an Israeli considers Egypt's ration cards as "food stamps" while her own nation has the same ration cards yet she manages to leave that information out as an example of 'maniacal evil hatred'.

What you could've done is shared some insight as a former USAid employee of British nationality who disliked working with Americans in your experience with an organization such as USAid which started the "food ration card" program in both Egypt and Israel.

Yet you chose to withhold information and criticize instead, siding with an Israeli. Which explains why USAid in Egypt largely hasn't done any good whatsoever.

Here's the translation of what "this" posted:

The Minister of Agriculture Amin Abaza, before the people in its Saturday evening that there are high barriers standing in front of Egypt to achieve self-sufficiency in wheat. The minister said that Egypt of 238 million acres, of which 9 million acres of productive land, while the cropped area of 15 million acres.

Abaza added that the increase of population in Egypt two million people in the year means that we have the cultivation of 150 thousand acres to grow wheat every year in order to keep only the percentage of currently achieved self-sufficiency in wheat is 56%. But if you want to accommodate the population increase each year, what is required cultivation of 450,000 acres per year and that it's on the capacity of the ministry and the government and the available water resources. The minister said Ahan I develop irrigation in Egypt in need of 15 to 20 years. The minister also criticized the special requests by his deputies to build houses on farmland and told how to correct that with the demands of Representatives to increase wheat area, the minister said we chose to support consumption and greater consumption increased prices.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
quote:

Kinda odd you'd make a comment like this and then ignore completely what an Israeli had to say intially on this post.

Let me remind you:
quote:

citizen, you had stated in the past you are a British national living in Egypt, married to an Egyptian, raising Egyptian-British children.

You moved to Cairo and stayed there, but you didn't divulge the fact that you had spent part of your career working for USAid.

You chose to counter my statements that an Israeli considers Egypt's ration cards as "food stamps" while her own nation has the same ration cards yet she manages to leave that information out as an example of 'maniacal evil hatred'.

What you could've done is shared some insight as a former USAid employee of British nationality who disliked working with Americans in your experience with an organization such as USAid which started the "food ration card" program in both Egypt and Israel.

Yet you chose to withhold information and criticize instead, siding with an Israeli. Which explains why USAid in Egypt largely hasn't done any good whatsoever.

The Minister of Agriculture Amin Abaza, before the people in its Saturday evening that there are high barriers standing in front of Egypt to achieve self-sufficiency in wheat. The minister said that Egypt of 238 million acres, of which 9 million acres of productive land, while the cropped area of 15 million acres.

Abaza added that the increase of population in Egypt two million people in the year means that we have the cultivation of 150 thousand acres to grow wheat every year in order to keep only the percentage of currently achieved self-sufficiency in wheat is 56%. But if you want to accommodate the population increase each year, what is required cultivation of 450,000 acres per year and that it's on the capacity of the ministry and the government and the available water resources. The minister said Ahan I develop irrigation in Egypt in need of 15 to 20 years. The minister also criticized the special requests by his deputies to build houses on farmland and told how to correct that with the demands of Representatives to increase wheat area, the minister said we chose to support consumption and greater consumption increased prices.

and this evening, ladies and gentlemen, we have bat-sh**-tiara-wearing kind of crazy. wow, just wow.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Loopey

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Let me remind you:
quote:

and this evening, ladies and gentlemen, we have bat-sh**-tiara-wearing kind of crazy. wow, just wow.
Whats racist is how a former USAid employee knows perfectly well that the "food ration card" program provided by USAid in Egypt is identical in Israel.

Plenty of Egyptian politicians and government employees have been saying for decades the the USAid program is a spy network for Israel.

The USAid program in Egypt for years has been unwanted by the Egyptian government and the Egyptian people.

This really puts that sentiment in a correct light.

Foreign employees working for USAid are mainly there to implement the will of the Israeli government. And also to force the will of US foreign policy down the throat of Egyptians.

Whats batshit crazy is the fact that Mubarak allowed this USAid program to go unchecked and largely allowed the population's fears and mistrust of USAid to be proven time and time again.

No wonder an Israeli calls it "food stamps" and then uses the same program herself.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Oi, goat girl, nobody's taking your crazy seriously. Find another board for that, you've lost all credibility on this one about 3 years back.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Oi, goat girl, nobody's taking your crazy seriously. Find another board for that, you've lost all credibility on this one about 3 years back.

Its not crazy to call an Israeli racist for using the same program as Egyptians, when an Isreali calls it "food stamps" for Egypt but not for Isreal.

I called you out on being extremely racist, but its quite the norm in suburban and settlement Israel. If you lived in a major city you would not have such a one-sided view.

The reason why you didn't get a work visa in Cairo is because the large corporate employers could easily see through your enthusiasm for living with your Orfi lover.

They knew you were not an exceptional Israeli who lives for peace and sees the neighboring Arabs as actual human beings.

You hadn't learned from that experience, and actually you've only gotten more sour.

In order for you as an Israeli living in Israel to avoid benefiting from USAid you'd actually have to leave outside of the Middle East completely.

Its a sound, rational, and informed perspective on your racism.

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Aagghhh, you've outed me, metinoot.
Yes a disgruntled ex-USAID employee, got radicalized by none other ExptinCAI and recruited to the undercover Operation MEH (maniacal evil hatred)! Simple really... spread MEH around the Middle East and then to the World (like agriculture).

And it's all so easy, done through subsidized tea...yes that hot sweet stuff that EVERYONE drinks, all 80mil of us. Just jump in a taxi or bus and try to get across Cairo and you'll see how successful it's been, maniacs everywhere, all drinking tea! Once they're truly M, it's the slippery slope to E and H...

And it's not only in Egypt. In the US, what with free speech and democracy and stuff, they're open about it... call themselves the Tea Party I believe and are well past the M already and onto the EH. But I digress...

Back to Egypt. I didn't realize ExptinCAI was living on a settlement, we only ever communicate through secret cables... OMG... do you think? Is that how you...?

Never mind, back to the mission, if anyone has a problem and needs a glass of hot, sweet, thick tea and sympathy... I'm here

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Yes a disgruntled ex-USAID employee, got radicalized by none other ExptinCAI and recruited to the undercover Operation MEH (maniacal evil hatred)! Simple really... spread MEH around the Middle East and then to the World (like agriculture).

And it's all so easy, done through subsidized tea...yes that hot sweet stuff that EVERYONE drinks, all 80mil of us. Just jump in a taxi or bus and try to get across Cairo and you'll see how successful it's been, maniacs everywhere, all drinking tea! Once they're truly M, it's the slippery slope to E and H...

And it's not only in Egypt. In the US, what with free speech and democracy and stuff, they're open about it... call themselves the Tea Party I believe and are well past the M already and onto the EH. But I digress...

Back to Egypt. I didn't realize ExptinCAI was living on a settlement, we only ever communicate through secret cables... OMG... do you think? Is that how you...?

Never mind, back to the mission, if anyone has a problem and needs a glass of hot, sweet, thick tea and sympathy... I'm here

Having a laugh at the expense of 6 dead and a Congressperson with a bullet through her head.

Great job, excellent choice for a former "charitable" aid worker.

Take our very real pain over the Jared Lee Loughner shooting and make it into a joke. As an American and a person who values human life I am not laughing.

Your reckless attitude towards American life, life in general does prove you worked for USAid.

The topic of this thread was about subsidized bread and smart cards used on the metro.

There is no proof that tea is subsidized.

Anyhow you know very well why bread is subsidized in Egypt as it is in Israel.

Thank God USAid is being dismantled in Egypt, its bad enough a person like yourself was working within an organization meant to eliminate mal-nutrition, poverty, and suffering. Its obvious you enjoy distributing misinformation and the exact ills USAid was supposed to alleviate.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Having a laugh at the expense of 6 dead and a Congressperson with a bullet through her head.

Great job, excellent choice for a former "charitable" aid worker.

Take our very real pain over the Jared Lee Loughner shooting and make it into a joke. As an American and a person who values human life I am not laughing.

Your reckless attitude towards American life, life in general does prove you worked for USAid.

The topic of this thread was about subsidized bread and smart cards used on the metro.

There is no proof that tea is subsidized.

Anyhow you know very well why bread is subsidized in Egypt as it is in Israel.

Thank God USAid is being dismantled in Egypt, its bad enough a person like yourself was working within an organization meant to eliminate mal-nutrition, poverty, and suffering. Its obvious you enjoy distributing misinformation and the exact ills USAid was supposed to alleviate.

The topic was about ration cards for subsidized household commodities and smart carts used on the metro.

quote:
Foreign employees working for USAid are mainly there to implement the will of the Israeli government. And also to force the will of US foreign policy down the throat of Egyptians.
back in 2004 when you were babbling about living in Cairo with your daughter you were desparately trying to get to work with one of these USaid companies, now you're slagging them off? Does that mean you're no longer an Israeli spy and stopped playing chess?

WTF has any of this got to do with an Israeli ES member or where the hell she lives?

I am very confused now. [Confused]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Aisha, if I'm an Israeli, you're definitely from middle earth :-)
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

oh come on, we all know you must be an Israeli spy as sono said, same as everyone knows I'm a hobbit with hairy feet from middle earth. [Big Grin] Her files cannot be wrong. [Wink]

I can supply photographic evidence with date stamps too.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Einstein hasn't considered that date stamps can be fiddled, I might postdate a few to make myself look the same age in 5years time.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:

If you are not Israeli then why bother referring to the ration cards as "food stamps" which is a common Israeli anti-Arab taunt?

Your history on this forum was deleted by Shumza, but there are still traces of it that could be found to substantiate your past.

Either way you are wrong about the food ration card program via the USAid being welfare, its not and its the same program used in Israel.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
quote:

If you are not Israeli then why bother referring to the ration cards as "food stamps" which is a common Israeli anti-Arab taunt?

Your history on this forum was deleted by Shumza, but there are still traces of it that could be found to substantiate your
Either way you are wrong about the food ration card program via the USAid being welfare, its not and its the same program used in Israel.

I never posted it. Or maybe I did but by the time you woke up- citizen and I charmed our way into the shanta compound and after wooing her with citizens special tea blend - we managed to get her to erase the posts before you awoke! Mwahahaaaaa!! Best not sleep tonite or you may miss it again.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[qb] Aisha, if I'm an Israeli, you're definitely from middle earth :-)

I took it as she was helping explain to Tina about ration cards and assumed this the be the American version of the like of which Tina relate to being American. WTF is has to do with Israeli I have no idea, unless Tina is an undercover Israeli spy too?

quote:
Your history on this forum was deleted by Shumza, but there are still traces of it that could be found to substantiate your past.
The go fetch bozo.

quote:
ration cards ration a commodity
food stamps would also ration a commodity

Doesn't really matter for ANY of this what it's called.

stop fecking nit picking.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Hey Ayisha please take a break. Its been three years since you've started this crusade against me on ES.

I spend almost half my posts answer your rants, and despite your logic and ongoing insults its not going to stop me from posting on ES.

When you are frothing at the mouth ongoingly, unceasingly berating and insulting you put yourself into a certain mood in which you cannot halt this behavior offline.

Continuing this very type of behavior online onto offline will cripple your ability to socially function.

Its your choice. Its your life.

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Metinoot, just a couple of points:
The food subsidy programme has been in operation long before USAID appeared on the scene.

What was the connection between the tragic massacre of 6 people in the US and this discussion about Egyptian ration cards?

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Metinoot, just a couple of points:
The food subsidy programme has been in operation long before USAID appeared on the scene.

What was the connection between the tragic massacre of 6 people in the US and this discussion about Egyptian ration cards?

Yeah the Brits also had the food programe in Palestine during the british mandate so what?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020188;p=1#000038

quote:

same thread, yet you manage to forget.

alzheimers already?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com