EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » He is Smoking (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: He is Smoking
Culture Club
Member # 13767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Culture Club     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian man is smoking pipe now after I left Cairo. I told him I do not like his way to reduce stress , cause he will run to find other woman if he is not satisfied with me too someday. And now he asking to come to my country after Eid and want to be with me in Bali.

What do you think of it?

Posts: 756 | From: ...be solution... | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he is Muslim, try to convince him that smoking is haram...other than that who knows. I'm with you on this though, I would hate if my husband suddenly took up smoking. Thankfully he hates even being near others smoking.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Angel Heart, I thought you kinda split up with him once you left Egypt? But obviously it's not the case. I remember you also said you needed time to think. And you felt bad that he had girlfriends before. Don't drag out this relationship if it's hurtful. Why?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Angel Heart:

Mention to him that there are other ways 'to reduce stress'. Examples; jogging, biking, playing squash,etc.
Guys need sports to reduce stress.
So if my guy is acting stressy and jumpy, I put his running-shoes at our frontdoor or I fill his bike-bottle and say; heyyy, maybe you can do the 50 km tour today. [Wink] [Wink]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Heart:
My Egyptian man is smoking pipe now after I left Cairo. I told him I do not like his way to reduce stress , cause he will run to find other woman if he is not satisfied with me too someday. And now he asking to come to my country after Eid and want to be with me in Bali.

What do you think of it?

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Excuse me. I'm sorry aren't you both Muslims? I usually keep quiet on this board with he say she say stuff. Allah knows that there is a lot of it.
However, I am reminded of the statement of the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam on "Enjoining the Good and Forbidding the Evil" wherein it is reported that he said: "..there are some people on a ship (and the ship has two levels). The people on the bottom of the ship need to get water to drink, however, they do not want to bother the people on the upper deck. So the people on the lower deck say 'let's not bother the people on the upper deck, let's just make a hole in the bottom of the ship and get our water from there so we do not disturb the people on the upper deck. The Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wassalaam said "If the people on the upper deck do not prevent or stop the people from the lower deck from making a hole in the ship ALL of them will parish."

The condoning male and female relationships between two Muslims outside of marriage (if this is the case) or even between Muslims and Non-Muslims outside of marriage is/has is not permissible in Islam wa Allahu Ta'ala Alim. There is no doubt or question about this. The Quran says (translated) "Remind the Believers for in the reminding is benefit." Sister I advise you and I advised all women and men to honor themselves and protect and guard your chastity and modesty. You are told to wear proper hijab "so that you will be known as FREE and RESPECTABLE women." Do not put yourself in compromising situations. This is not the type of behavior that Allah and His Beloved Messenger salallahu alayhi wassalaam teaches us as Muslims.

It has been related: That the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam was sitting with two of his wives and a blind man came upon them, the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam told them to go into hiding. They said that "he is a blind man he can not see us." The Rasulullah Salallahu alayhi wassalam said "you both are not blind you can see him."

One of the main reason that a lot of negative issues arise within some of the relationship that have been discussed on this form/board is because the foundation of the relationship are wrong/weak and when the foundation of a building is weak the whole structure will be weak as well and it will crumble. Every Friday prayer or any type of speech in Islam we are reminded "That the best Speech is the Speech of Allah i.e. the Quran, and the BEST Guidance is the Guidance i.e. teachings living examples of the Prophet Muhammad salallalhu Alayhi wassalaam. When we go against " THE BEST OF GUIDANCE" and that is the way of the Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wassalam or as well as any of the righteous Prophets be that Jesus, Moses, Ibrahim etc May Allah be pleased with them All, Ameen, they we will see that chaos and confusion will be the there from the beginning and if the ways and actions are not changed it will be then until the end.

By being in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (and we are Muslims) what kind of example are we setting for the Non-Muslims? It is no wonder that the condition and situation of Al Islaam is grave and deteriorating within the eyesight of the Non-Muslims and Muslims as well. When will we as a whole (Muslim Nations) stand up and demonstrate the correct teachings and examples that have been taught to us by Al Islaam? We want good (khair) but we are not doing good. There is a old saying.."garbage in garbage out."

Umar ibn Al Khattab radiallahu ta'ala anho said" "Take account of yourself before Allah takes account of you!" So I remind you and I remind me because my tongue is closest to my ear. Ask yourself if the actions that we are doing are the pleasing to our Lord? Will they earn His Azza wa Jal pleasure and love? Or will they be a witness against us and earn His Subhanahu wa Ta'ala displeasure?

Each and even second you have an opportunity to come closer to your Creator and you do that by earning His Love not His Tabaraka Ta'ala wrath. Do not seek the pleasure of the creation OVER the Creator.

In closing I remind you that to earn the pleasure of Allah Azza wa Jal is our ultimate goal and achievement. In the beautiful words of the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalam I remind you of a BEAUTIFUL and LOVING statement wherein he salallahu alayhi wassalaam said:

"When Allah (Jala Jalahu ) loves a person He tabaraka ta'ala says to the Angel Gabriel "I love such and such (mentioning them by name) and I ORDER you to love such and such."

Then Angel Gabriel goes to the heavens and says to the inhabitants of the heavens that "Allah loves such and such and He orders you to love such and such." And then all of the inhabitants of the heavens love such and such.

Masha Allah. May you all be amongst those whom Allah Azza wa Jal mentions your name to Angel Gabriel out of His tabaraka ta'ala love for you and then all of the inhabitants of paradise will be mentioning our name and loving you as well, Ameen.

Sister live your Al Islaam today! From this very moment with all of the fibers of your body, your heart mind and soul and encourage your Muslim brother to do the same in a halal and respectable way! When you take one step towards Allah Azza wa Jal then Allah will take two steps you! Stand up for your rights to be respected as a Muslimah demand that respect from ALL those who are around you and then you will see the light of Al Islaam shinning brightly upon you and in your life and the love of Allah will be evident in all of your deeds and actions. I pray that Allah make it easy for you and all of those who sincerely wish to see the face of Allah Tabaraka Ta'ala, Ameen.

Anything that was said which was good was from Allah and anything thing that was said which was wrong or evil was from myself and my nafs.

Suhanaka Allahumma wa Bi Hamdika Ash hadu an La ilaha ill Anta Astaghfiruka wa atuboo alaik

Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don`t bother. They will al hit their faces by walking into walls...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
quote:

What do you think of it?

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Excuse me. I'm sorry aren't you both Muslims? I usually keep quiet on this board with he say she say stuff. Allah knows that there is a lot of it.
However, I am reminded of the statement of the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam on "Enjoining the Good and Forbidding the Evil" wherein it is reported that he said: "..there are some people on a ship (and the ship has two levels). The people on the bottom of the ship need to get water to drink, however, they do not want to bother the people on the upper deck. So the people on the lower deck say 'let's not bother the people on the upper deck, let's just make a hole in the bottom of the ship and get our water from there so we do not disturb the people on the upper deck. The Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wassalaam said "If the people on the upper deck do not prevent or stop the people from the lower deck from making a hole in the ship ALL of them will parish."

The condoning male and female relationships between two Muslims outside of marriage (if this is the case) or even between Muslims and Non-Muslims outside of marriage is/has is not permissible in Islam wa Allahu Ta'ala Alim. There is no doubt or question about this. The Quran says (translated) "Remind the Believers for in the reminding is benefit." Sister I advise you and I advised all women and men to honor themselves and protect and guard your chastity and modesty. You are told to wear proper hijab "so that you will be known as FREE and RESPECTABLE women." Do not put yourself in compromising situations. This is not the type of behavior that Allah and His Beloved Messenger salallahu alayhi wassalaam teaches us as Muslims.

It has been related: That the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam was sitting with two of his wives and a blind man came upon them, the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam told them to go into hiding. They said that "he is a blind man he can not see us." The Rasulullah Salallahu alayhi wassalam said "you both are not blind you can see him."

One of the main reason that a lot of negative issues arise within some of the relationship that have been discussed on this form/board is because the foundation of the relationship are wrong/weak and when the foundation of a building is weak the whole structure will be weak as well and it will crumble. Every Friday prayer or any type of speech in Islam we are reminded "That the best Speech is the Speech of Allah i.e. the Quran, and the BEST Guidance is the Guidance i.e. teachings living examples of the Prophet Muhammad salallalhu Alayhi wassalaam. When we go against " THE BEST OF GUIDANCE" and that is the way of the Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wassalam or as well as any of the righteous Prophets be that Jesus, Moses, Ibrahim etc May Allah be pleased with them All, Ameen, they we will see that chaos and confusion will be the there from the beginning and if the ways and actions are not changed it will be then until the end.

By being in boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (and we are Muslims) what kind of example are we setting for the Non-Muslims? It is no wonder that the condition and situation of Al Islaam is grave and deteriorating within the eyesight of the Non-Muslims and Muslims as well. When will we as a whole (Muslim Nations) stand up and demonstrate the correct teachings and examples that have been taught to us by Al Islaam? We want good (khair) but we are not doing good. There is a old saying.."garbage in garbage out."

Umar ibn Al Khattab radiallahu ta'ala anho said" "Take account of yourself before Allah takes account of you!" So I remind you and I remind me because my tongue is closest to my ear. Ask yourself if the actions that we are doing are the pleasing to our Lord? Will they earn His Azza wa Jal pleasure and love? Or will they be a witness against us and earn His Subhanahu wa Ta'ala displeasure?

Each and even second you have an opportunity to come closer to your Creator and you do that by earning His Love not His Tabaraka Ta'ala wrath. Do not seek the pleasure of the creation OVER the Creator.

In closing I remind you that to earn the pleasure of Allah Azza wa Jal is our ultimate goal and achievement. In the beautiful words of the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalam I remind you of a BEAUTIFUL and LOVING statement wherein he salallahu alayhi wassalaam said:

"When Allah (Jala Jalahu ) loves a person He tabaraka ta'ala says to the Angel Gabriel "I love such and such (mentioning them by name) and I ORDER you to love such and such."

Then Angel Gabriel goes to the heavens and says to the inhabitants of the heavens that "Allah loves such and such and He orders you to love such and such." And then all of the inhabitants of the heavens love such and such.

Masha Allah. May you all be amongst those whom Allah Azza wa Jal mentions your name to Angel Gabriel out of His tabaraka ta'ala love for you and then all of the inhabitants of paradise will be mentioning our name and loving you as well, Ameen.

Sister live your Al Islaam today! From this very moment with all of the fibers of your body, your heart mind and soul and encourage your Muslim brother to do the same in a halal and respectable way! When you take one step towards Allah Azza wa Jal then Allah will take two steps you! Stand up for your rights to be respected as a Muslimah demand that respect from ALL those who are around you and then you will see the light of Al Islaam shinning brightly upon you and in your life and the love of Allah will be evident in all of your deeds and actions. I pray that Allah make it easy for you and all of those who sincerely wish to see the face of Allah Tabaraka Ta'ala, Ameen.

Anything that was said which was good was from Allah and anything thing that was said which was wrong or evil was from myself and my nafs.

Suhanaka Allahumma wa Bi Hamdika Ash hadu an La ilaha ill Anta Astaghfiruka wa atuboo alaik

Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

walaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu

This was absolutely beautiful. Thank you. [Smile]

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
walaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu

wa Jazana wa eyyakum
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:

I agree. It is beautiful.
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this just tobacco he's smoking? If so, what's the big deal? Him smoking doesn't mean he's gonna run out and commit adultery. It sounds like there's something bigger going on than smoking.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
If he is Muslim, try to convince him that smoking is haram...other than that who knows. I'm with you on this though, I would hate if my husband suddenly took up smoking. Thankfully he hates even being near others smoking.

But Smucky - 99.9% of Egypt smokes: goats, donkeys and street dogs included! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:
Is this just tobacco he's smoking? If so, what's the big deal? Him smoking doesn't mean he's gonna run out and commit adultery. It sounds like there's something bigger going on than smoking.

The devil usually starts off with the small sins (you know the ones that seem insignificant)..then the graduates you to the bigger ones. Sooner or later..your toasted!..Look out for the small cracks in the foundation..sooner or later the grow.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see your point but because I am a smoker I'm skeptical. Smoking has never made me have thoughts of commiting adultery or something of that nature. I have friends who are also smokers and no adultery caused by smoking there either. I can see the argument of pot being a "gateway" drug or something of that nature but smoking tobacco being a gateway to adultery...kinda ridiculous.

BTW...I don't see smoking as a "sin".

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
But Smucky - 99.9% of Egypt smokes: goats, donkeys and street dogs included! [Big Grin]

Hahahahaaaa, I wanna see that!!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
I see your point but because I am a smoker I'm skeptical.

LOL I'm sure you don't becasue you smoke!..I just couldn't help myself with that comment...
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

[Big Grin]

My husband smokes, too, but he does consider smoking "haram". Doesn't stop him though.

quote:
quote:
I see your point but because I am a smoker I'm skeptical.

LOL I'm sure you don't becasue you smoke!..I just couldn't help myself with that comment...

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoking will lead one to become sexually aroused by kitchen appliances.

Well, that makes about as much sense as the first post.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Smoking will lead one to become sexually aroused by kitchen appliances.

Well, that makes about as much sense as the first post.

ROFL [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I just came in from a smoke break and damn am I ever aroused. All the male attys in the office better watch it. [Big Grin]
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be very happy if I was you..he is just smoking the pipe and not looking for another woman as you might believe he will do..

Let the men do there thing ..

yes i smoke and my x husband hated it but he never stopped me from smoking..he just pushed me out in the garden and closed the door..LOL..smoke a fag in the moonlight I dont mind.

Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you wanna leave your boy friend because he smoke and you wanna try to stop him from smoking by saying its haram forbidden

now i wanna ask about just one thing in here
you using religion to say its haram to smoke
and its not that you both guys and he is your b/f not even ur finance or husband
for god sake smoking is haram and having a g/f is not haram lmao

please just stop using religion to make it suite ur needs
yeah smoking sucks i do smoke
but if i had g/f wanna break up because iam smoking she don't accept me the way iam
hell with it
i can be welling to change to make her happy
not because she say she will leave
if she ever say that well hit the road jack
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horny Teletubbies Around Us Wicked:
you wanna leave your boy friend because he smoke and you wanna try to stop him from smoking by saying its haram forbidden

In fairness to the OP, she did not say anything about smoking being haram. Others volunteered the haram fatwa, and some suggested using that. The OP just asked for advice about what she should do. Also, I could not ascertain from the OP that it's a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

I don't smoke myself, but I find it interesting that smoking became haram during my lifetime. [Smile]

Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Politically Incorrect:
quote:
Originally posted by Horny Teletubbies Around Us Wicked:

In fairness to the OP, she did not say anything about smoking being haram. Others volunteered the haram fatwa, and some suggested using that. The OP just asked for advice about what she should do. Also, I could not ascertain from the OP that it's a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

I don't smoke myself, but I find it interesting that smoking became haram during my lifetime. [Smile]

i was making comments to the prophets here didn't mean her [Smile] sorry for the confusions

my comments for her was the part includes hit the road jack lol
thanks for helping me to clear this out before
our prophets here had my head down for free [Big Grin]
amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, smoking is one of those grey areas.
quote:

Is Smoking Permitted? Is it a Munkar?

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, SunniPath Academy Teacher

In the Reliance, Sh. Nuh translated a fatwa stating that smoking cigarettes is haram because it is like committing suicide on oneself due to the fact that doctors have come out and said that smoking does kill. What about smoking the Hookah (the smoking device found in most Arab countries)? Is there an opinion on that specifically? The Hookah has been around much longer than cigarettes and some classical scholars may have commented on it. I'm trying to understand if there is a difference between cigarettes and the hookah, either by the tobacco that's being used, or how it works. Is it haram, makruh, etc to use such a device?

Walaikum assalaam,

Smoking is differed upon among scholars, and the ruling for hookahs follows that of smoking. The opinion mentioned in the Reliance is also taken by many major Hanafis in our times and in the past. This is certainly the more precautious opinion, and seems to make sense both socially and individually.

HOWEVER, other great scholars still hold that smoking is disliked and not impermissible. While one may not agree with them, their reasoning is has legal grounding and is certainly not baseless. Among such scholars are major Hanafis of India and Pakistan, who say that the actual act of smoking is disliked (makruh tanzihan) unless grave harm is feared from it in one’s specific case. They are well aware of the medical evidence, and take it into consideration in their ruling. I heard this opinion, for example, from Mufti Mahmoud Usmani (Allah preserve him), whose knowledge, wisdom and understanding where eye-opening.

NOW, one may not follow this opinion, but it opens a difference of opinion in the issue, which means that it is no longer obligatory for us as individuals to forbid the evil if one sees someone smoking, though, given one’s belief and the direction religious caution and worldly considerations point, it would be recommended and praiseworthy to advise such smokers to desist, out of nasiha.

May Allah guide us to the best of ways and manners, and grant us the success to follow His Beloved Prophet, for he who is like the beloved is beloved.

Wassalam,
Faraz Rabbani.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=677&CATE=115
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doodlebug:
[QB] As far as I know, smoking is one of those grey areas.
[QUOTE]

Jazaakum Allah Khairan. As Muslims we always refer back to Al Quran and As-Sunnah inshaa Allah Ta'ala. So with that said here is some wonderful advice from the beloved Prophet Muhammad Salallahu alayhi wassalaam (who was the best example for mankind) concerning Gray or doubtful areas, remember he salallahu alayhi wassalaam left no stone unturned sorta speak. Please read it slowly and appreciate the words and wisdom.

Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir (RA): I heard Allah's Messenger (SAW) saying: "Both legal and Illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (unclear) things, and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever save himself from these unclear things, he saves his religion and his honor. And whoever, indulges in these unclear things is like a Shepard who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else, and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O People!) Beware! Every King has a Hima and the Hima of Allah Azza wa Jal on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed), the whole body becomes good, but if it gets spoil then the whole body becomes bad and this is the heart. Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol. 1 No. 49

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So you coming to egypt with your bf to get married doesnt fall into this category, Sands??? Out of curiosity , what do you consider the man who you are coming from the usa to marry?? A stranger?? If you want to start throwing Islamic verses around to make a young lady feel bad about herself for having a relationship just as you are, then I think you should remember-Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Or maybe it is she who lives in the great glass castle on the pedestal in the sky, should never throw stones [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Sands was a man. I'm so confused.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv:
quote:

So you coming to egypt with your bf to get married doesnt fall into this category, Sands??? Out of curiosity , what do you consider the man who you are coming from the usa to marry?? A stranger?? If you want to start throwing Islamic verses around to make a young lady feel bad about herself for having a relationship just as you are, then I think you should remember-Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Or maybe it is she who lives in the great glass castle on the pedestal in the sky, should never throw stones [Roll Eyes]
Thanks Bubblemouth..Yes, I am a man. Been living here in Egypt this time for more than 3 years. I am married orfi to my wife (Egyptian). Until U.S. Embassay and Egyptian Government settle their issues out. We should be doing the civil marriage next week inshaa Allah. Never fornicated with my wife. Never was alone with my wife until after marriage. Never kissed or held my wife's hand before marriage. Never been in the presence of my then fianacee without being in the presence of her Wali i.e. her father..NEVER NOT once. I could go on but you get my point.

Before you accuse someone of something make sure you get your facts straight..An apology will be nice right about now...Thank you!

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I will apologize for the gender mixup ,My bad [Big Grin] .However ,you are guilty of the same thing.She is already feeling bad enough, to tell her smoking will lead to fornication is absolutely ridiculous.So Im not apologizing for that. You cannot cry about being judged, when you are running around judging morality of the posters on this board. Smoking does not lead to fornication,because almost every arab I know smokes, with the exception of my love.He hates it. So I still stand behind what I said, with the exception that you have facial hair and not breasts!!!
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

You still owe me an apology. I never said smoking leads to fornication..Bring forth your proof.

You need to re-read my post and not what others have posted. You will not find one letter let alone a word of me saying that smoking leads to fornication.

Again awaiting a sincere apology..

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

quote:
You still owe me an apology. I never said smoking leads to fornication..Bring forth your proof.

You need to re-read my post and not what others have posted. You will not find one letter let alone a word of me saying that smoking leads to fornication.

Again awaiting a sincere apology..

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Not gonna give you one, sorry.
She posted about her boyfriend smoking, and you posted this in response. Therefore, correlation of your post leads one to believe that. Why would you post this in here [Confused] [Confused] So you are guilty of leading all down this path, dont expect an apology for what you have started.I already apologized for the gender mixup as I should have, thats it. You want to post verses from the quran because you believe your piety puts you on a higher plane than other muslims on this board, then post them in the religious forum.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

It was posted in there because it was in my opinion proper to be posted here (I'll explain more towards the end of the post inshaa Allah Ta'ala).

She is a Muslimah so therefore my sincere advice to her will of course come from the Quran and Sunnah. Something which I am sure she can relate to inshaa Allah. Heck even Non-Muslims can relate to it. None of the advice was wrong because the advice was from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and His Azza wa Jal Beloved Messenger Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam.

I asked her to re-evaluate her situation as she is already doing and take the necessary steps that will allow her to earn the pleasure of Allah and His Love. Some people here still wish or want for her to earn Allah displeasure.

She knows what she has to do, she just needs some positive encouragement to take the necessary steps to do it. It was obvious from her post that she does not like the idea of him her "Egyptian Man" smoking the pipe. Something inside her tells her that it is wrong, alhamdulillah for that. I am almost positive that she know that there are other issues which are un-Islamic that need to be addressed as well. However, there needs to be positive people to encourage her to do the things which will ultimately help her achieve the pleasure of Allah and His Azza wa Jal's love.

Encouraging her as a Muslimah and advising her by way of Quran and Sunnah is the proper thing to do especially if we perceive the advice and knowledge from Allah and the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam to be the best of advice.

Again Allah says (translated): "Remind the BELIEVERS for in the remembrance is benefit."

Allah Also says (translated): "That we (Muslims) are the best of nation evolved for the benefit of mankind, (why) we invite towards the truth and we FORBID the evil."

The last response to your question. In Islaam there is no separation between church (religion) and state. Islaam is a whole way of life.

I know many of the things that you may have heard regarding the saying of Allah or the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam might have seem new or different to you..You may not have heard them and probably for some on this forum Muslims and Non-Muslims it may have been the first time to have read them as well or even a a reminder for them. For that I am glad to have the opportunity to convey them to you.

As Muslims we must remember that the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam and I say this to all of my brothers and sisters as a reminder: He salallahu alayhi wassalaam said "The Muslims are like one body, (for example) when once part of the body hurts, the whole body hurts." Our sister is hurting..and every Muslim and even some Non-Muslims feels her pain. The remedy for that pain is sound advice and prayer (dua'a) for her and her situation.

A Muslim should always turn to Allah and seek the aid and guidance of the Creator for solutions to our problems. So don't be upset when a fellow Muslim offers another Muslim sincere advice in the way of the glorious Quran and blessed Sunnah. Truth will always overshadow falsehood.

One more sound piece of advice from the Quran: "Allah never fights evil with evil..He always fight evil with good!" Masha Allah Tabaraka wa Ta'ala.

mysterious girl
Member # 14191

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysterious girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my egyptian guy is also smoking, i think nothings wrong with that..especially if he's nervous.. but one time we tried a crazy thing and i dnt know how to call that stuff and its frm egypt.. it is a black one and u need to melt it and after that mix it to the cigarette then smoke it..he told me its not a drugs but i forgot what is the name, then when i tried it i didn't feel anything its just like a normal cigarette. [Wink]
Posts: 76 | From: "The Dessert" | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by mysterious girl:
my egyptian guy is also smoking, i think nothings wrong with that..especially if he's nervous.. but one time we tried a crazy thing and i dnt know how to call that stuff and its frm egypt.. it is a black one and u need to melt it and after that mix it to the cigarette then smoke it..he told me its not a drugs but i forgot what is the name, then when i tried it i didn't feel anything its just like a normal cigarette. [Wink]

You know after reading a comment like the one above I sometimes I feel like banging my head against the wall, but then I remind myself that the Prophet Noah Alayhi wassalam gave/preached the invitation (dawah) to Allah for 950 years and only a few i.e. a handful accept the message. I also remind that hediyat (guidance) is only in the hands of Allah, it is not us who guides, but it is Allah Azza wa Jal.

Mysterious Girl please try to encourage your BF to stop smoking, at bare minimum he will have healthly lungs and if you are around him so will you and without a doubt just say NO to drugs and that includes the black stuff that you melt down..and other than that!

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of us, Egyptian Muslims - my family, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, friends, relatives of friends, acquaintances, my doctor, my accountant etc.. - do not use Islamic terms all the time. We say Insha Allah yes, but we do not say AZZA WA JAL... and we do not say Jazakom Allah KHAIR all the time, and many other Islamic terms that I noticed are usually used by converts.

We do not refer to this surat or the other in every conversation. Unless there is a related question, and then we can explain with a reference.

I find many converts very focused on always using Islamic terms, even in non religious conversations, they still insist on adding a few quotes from the Qur'an.

Just an observation.

Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysterious girl
Member # 14191

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysterious girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks!
yeah, i used to do that and he also told me to encourage him to stop smoking..
about the black stuff its not a drug (as he said) [Razz]

--------------------
"Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes u SMILE, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that make ur HEART SMILE! :-). . ."

Posts: 76 | From: "The Dessert" | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, about the URFI marriage. It is a very controversial issue in Egypt. It is not a welcomed 'marriage' in most families.
Posts: 919 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Almaz.:
Most of us, Egyptian Muslims - my family, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, friends, relatives of friends, acquaintances, my doctor, my accountant etc.. - do not use Islamic terms all the time. We say Insha Allah yes, but we do not say AZZA WA JAL... and we do not say Jazakom Allah KHAIR all the time, and many other Islamic terms that I noticed are usually used by converts.

We do not refer to this surat or the other in every conversation. Unless there is a related question, and then we can explain with a reference.

I find many converts very focused on always using Islamic terms, even in non religious conversations, they still insist on adding a few quotes from the Qur'an.

Just an observation.

You are very observant Mashaa Allah Tabaraka Ta'ala. Jazaakum Allahu Khairan for your post.

I hope that here is nothing wrong with keeping one's tongue (convert or not) busy with the dhikrullah? For Allah Azza wa jal says: "In the rememberance of Allah does the heart find rest." Suratul Ar Ra's verse 28

In every action the Prophet Muhammad salallah alayhi wassalaam was ALWAYS busy remembering and praising Allah Jala Jalahu.

Abu Musa Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated that the Prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam said : “The similitude of the one who remembers (glorifies the praises of) his Lord (Allah) in comparison to the one who dos not remember (glorify the praises of) his, Lord, is like that of a living and the dead.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari.

We ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to increase us All in Taqwah (God's awareness), Ameen when this happens we will drawer nearer and dearer to Him Ar Rahman!

Barakallahu feekum

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Also, about the URFI marriage. It is a very controversial issue in Egypt. It is not a welcomed 'marriage' in most families.

Barakllahu feekum..In my family mashaa Allah obvisously it is fully acceptable. As our marriage was conducted in accordance with Quran and Sunnah and NOT man made laws. If we would have married the civil way..it would not have been a marriage in legal standing of Islaam. The civil marriage in Egypt does not require the approval or permission of a wali and the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam said: "There is no marriage with out a Wali!" PERIOD!

So the civil marriage is only done to satisfy the legals aspect of those governments who follow and obey man made laws. We wanted to ensure first that Allah's laws were applied and governed first concering our marriage, then if there was no contradiction of Allah laws to get married civil marriage would be the alternative choice.

Almighty Allah said : “Say (O Muhammad -Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam to mankind) : “if you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept islamic monotheism, follow the Qur’an and Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Qur’an 3:31.

Alhamdulillah we are happy with "OUR" situation. It may not be welcomed and suitable for some Egyptians. However, it was the first and foremost choice for us. Most of the Urfi marriages that you probably hear about are not done Islamically and certainly they are done many of them without the wali and/or parents even being aware that their daughter has entered into a illegal situation. You can't even call it marriage because if this is the case where no wali has given the approval in the eyesight of Islam it is not even a valid marriage and therein lies the problem. Garbage in Garbage out!

We ask Allah Azza wa Jal to guide us and all of our brothers/sistes to that which is righteous and truthful, Ameen.

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Barakllahu feekum..In my family mashaa Allah obvisously it is fully acceptable. As our marriage was conducted in accordance with Quran and Sunnah and NOT man made laws. If we would have married the civil way..it would not have been a marriage in legal standing of Islaam. The civil marriage in Egypt does not require the approval or permission of a wali and the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam said: "There is no marriage with out a Wali!" PERIOD!

So the civil marriage is only done to satisfy the legals aspect of those governments who follow and obey man made laws. We wanted to ensure first that Allah's laws were applied and governed first concering our marriage, then if there was no contradiction of Allah laws to get married civil marriage would be the alternative choice.

Almighty Allah said : “Say (O Muhammad -Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam to mankind) : “if you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept islamic monotheism, follow the Qur’an and Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Qur’an 3:31.

Alhamdulillah we are happy with "OUR" situation. It may not be welcomed and suitable for some Egyptians. However, it was the first and foremost choice for us. Most of the Urfi marriages that you probably hear about are not done Islamically and certainly they are done many of them without the wali and/or parents even being aware that their daughter has entered into a illegal situation. You can't even call it marriage because if this is the case where no wali has given the approval in the eyesight of Islam it is not even a valid marriage and therein lies the problem. Garbage in Garbage out!

We ask Allah Azza wa Jal to guide us and all of our brothers/sistes to that which is righteous and truthful, Ameen.

Ameen ya Sidna El Sheikh Ameen!
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

I often wonder how the so called "non-religious" Muslims will react to how the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam will act, speak and of course look like with his mashaa Allah tabaraka ta'ala FULL beard.

Will they joke about his salallahu alayhi wassalaam speech and outwardly appearance?...calling him Ya Sidna El Shaykh..Fear Allah Ya Muslim.

Here is some sound advice from Allah (translated):

1. The mutual rivalry (for piling up of worldly things) diverts you,
2. Untill you visit the graves (i.e. till you die)
3. No, you shall come to know.
4. Again no! You shall come to know.
5. No! If you knew with a sure knowledge (the end result of piling up, you would not have occupied yourselves in the worldly things).
6. Verily, you shall see the blazing fire (Hell).
7. And again you shall see it with certainity of sight!
8. Then on that Day you shall be asked about the delights (you induldge in, in this world)!

Suratul At-Takathur (chapter 102)

Almaz.
Member # 14025

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Just an observation.

You are very observant Mashaa Allah Tabaraka Ta'ala. Jazaakum Allahu Khairan for your post.

I hope that here is nothing wrong with keeping one's tongue (convert or not) busy with the dhikrullah? For Allah Azza wa jal says: "In the rememberance of Allah does the heart find rest." Suratul Ar Ra's verse 28

In every action the Prophet Muhammad salallah alayhi wassalaam was ALWAYS busy remembering and praising Allah Jala Jalahu.

Abu Musa Radhiallahu ‘anhu narrated that the Prophet Shalallahu ‘alaihi wa Salam said : “The similitude of the one who remembers (glorifies the praises of) his Lord (Allah) in comparison to the one who dos not remember (glorify the praises of) his, Lord, is like that of a living and the dead.” Narrated by Al-Bukhari.

We ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to increase us All in Taqwah (God's awareness), Ameen when this happens we will drawer nearer and dearer to Him Ar Rahman!

Barakallahu feekum

Can you explain to me please why would Allah Ta'ala yatabaraka my post? what's in my post that would be so important to Allah AZZA wa Jal? and how relevant is it that Allah is giving me blessings on anything I wrote on this post? and the fact that you are wishing that 'jazzaka Allah Khairan' for my post is also not understandable.

All your wishes are very beautiful,thank you! I just find them a bit 'over' or 'too much'! But THANK YOU from the heart, in all cases!

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Can you explain to me please why would Allah Ta'ala yatabaraka my post? what's in my post that would be so important to Allah AZZA wa Jal? and how relevant is it that Allah is giving me blessings on anything I wrote on this post? and the fact that you are wishing that 'jazzaka Allah Khairan' for my post is also not understandable.

All your wishes are very beautiful,thank you! I just find them a bit 'over' or 'too much'! But THANK YOU from the heart, in all cases! [/QB]

There is blessing in your post because inshaa Allah you have wished and advised with good.

"A Muslim is one who is saved from another Muslim's his tongue and hands."

Therefore we should always wishe good and blessing (barakah) for our fellow brethren.

Allah Azza wa Jal says (translated): "So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom shall see it.

And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom shall see it
Sural Az-Zalzah chapter 99 verses 7 & 8

So Allah is ever watching over ever action that you do, good or bad and He Subhanahu wa Ta'ala cares.

InshaAllah you understand what I am trying to say..Jazakum Allahu Khairan

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Say what??

????

Here's some sound advice from VanillaBullshit:

Post your dogmatic, bore-the-crap-out-of-everybody ramblings in the religion forum, stop demanding apologies, and STFU.

On that note I leave you with my trusted but deadly companion, Little Asian Girl.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

Say what??

????

Here's some sound advice from VanillaBullshit:

Post your dogmatic, bore-the-crap-out-of-everybody ramblings in the religion forum, stop demanding apologies, and STFU.

On that note I leave you with my trusted but deadly companion, Little Asian Girl.

Vanilla..sticks and stones may hurt my bones but names will never harm me..LOL..You should strive to be other than your name..LOL

And no I'm not going away Inshaa Allah..I'm here to stay..Get use to it.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] BOY FIGHT, BOY FIGHT! [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
[Smile] BOY FIGHT, BOY FIGHT! [Smile]

Trust me Vanilla doesn't some of this..Just because I'm a Muslim and somewhat religious..don't mistake me for being a PUNK.If he does he'll come up short and that's real talk.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Somewhat religious is a bit of an understatement, and nobody is asking you to go away; you regurgitate long quotes from the koran that serve only to discredit your arguments, do you have an actual opinion of your own, SITS?

--------------------

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Oh okay..Allahs words are used to discredit my arugments..

No my opinions coincide with two things: Quran and Ahadeeth..and that's my story and I'm sticking to it..

Walhamdulillah

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com