EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Wife jokes with husband, husband divorces her

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wife jokes with husband, husband divorces her
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Saudi woman who wanted to joke with her husband got the shock of her life when she learned her joke has only made him marry again.

The unidentified wife wanted to wish her husband a happy new Muslim Hijri year but decided to mix the greeting with a heavy joke.

“She texted his mobile saying ‘I am leaving and you won’t see my face again…happy new year,” Aljazeera daily said on Tuesday.

“Her husband, who works far away, thought she was serious…he consulted with friends, who advised him to get married again….he listened to them and married…a few days later, his first wife phoned him to make sure he is ok only to find out what he has done…she was shocked and told him she was just joking.”

But the husband replied that he was not joking, the paper added, without identify the couple, who live in the central town of Onaiza.

http://www.emirates247.com/offbeat/crazy-world/wives-beware-of-joking-with-husbands-2010-12-07-1.326111

So much for those vaunted "Muslim family values"...

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it a funny joke then to tell your husband, whose thousands of miles away, you're leaving them, on New Year's Eve?

I don't get it.

Where did he find the second wife to meet and marry her within a few short days? Wow, that's good work if it was match.com - hope they got a testimonial.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Is it a funny joke then to tell your husband, whose thousands of miles away, you're leaving them, on New Year's Eve?

I don't get it.

Where did he find the second wife to meet and marry her within a few short days? Wow, that's good work if it was match.com - hope they got a testimonial.

I guess when you don't get out of the house much anything seems like a funny joke.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happen so.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juris
Member # 18370

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come the husband didn't call his wife to confront her about the text. I guess that's what happen when your husband really wanted to split up but couldn't find any valid reason to argue.

I remember my dad sent a prank text sayin that he was imprisoned for some reason I wasn't able to digest. We were worried to death so I called in a flash, just to find out that he was joking. I sigh.

--------------------
Conversion optimization | liquidators

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is some sick 'joke'. What a psycho thing to text a husband who is away on new years eve! She deserves what she gets IMO, although it is all very unbelievable.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, she is one barrel of laughs eh! Wonder what her stand up show is like!!!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com