EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Very Confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very Confused
buddah
Member # 8097

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for buddah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I am new to this forum but I have regularly watched the conversations take place. My queston is why are people denying the fact that the egyptians are african ie black. My father who is of german descent always taught us that in reality there is a european superiority complex and that he on many occasions has progressed this complex without knowing it. My question is why is Africa always divided into portions when discussing African history. Why is it not just Africa. I have noticed no matter what, the powers that be always deny African leadership in HUMAN civilisation. WHY? Why are the africans hated so much not just by us whites but even by people of color. I've noticed topics from some who are viscous in attacking African culture or anything black. Could someone please give me thier opinion on this issue.
Posts: 16 | From: fairfax, virginia USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africa is a huge continent, that encompasses a variety of people. About 40% of native africans are NON-Black Africans. You're confused, because you're not a native African. People who are familiar with all of Africa, can perhaps tell you why African Americans and others are very ignorant of Africa's people.

Always, listen to what the native Africans tell you and not what the distant non-africans wish you to hear.

Egyptians, both ancient and modern are among the 40% of non-black Africans.

the term African does not mean Black people, but a rather a geographic area, which covers a great deal of human variety.

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Africa is a huge continent, that encompasses a variety of people. About 40% of native africans are NON-Black Africans. You're confused, because you're not a native African. People who are familiar with all of Africa, can perhaps tell you why African Americans and others are very ignorant of Africa's people.

Always, listen to what the native Africans tell you and not what the distant non-africans wish you to hear.

the term African does not mean Black people, but a rather a geographic area, which covers a great deal of human variety.

by fareed

blacks are about 90% of africa.
and in egypt they were mostly black but in modern times it is not the case.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 22 June 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ra- Hotep
Member # 7923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ra- Hotep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Yes you are so right, but as long as white supremacy racism exists they will still deny Kemet(ancient Egypt)as not being a civilization founded by black Africans.From King Tut to Cleopatra.They will not credit blacks with having built anything. You see, blacks and other races are programmed to believe that whites brought us civilazation and blacks come from African jungles(i.e. Tarzan)...Yes it is sad brothers and sisters...but THE TRUTH...I'm really getting sick and tired of this discussing. Black people built great civilizations just like any other race.Stop hiding the truth, just stop denying it. Don't get so serious while discussing.We are ALL brothers and sisters in god's eyes.

Posts: 32 | From: Newark, NJ,USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fareed:

Buddah, fareed is and Egyptian Arab and is among the people you mentioned above. I am personally from Africa and come from Eastern Africa and I'm not mixed with Arabs, and to tell the truth don't really care about the color of Ancient Egyptians. However fareed, AMR1 and salama who are all claiming Arab ancestry and consider themselves Arabs haven't convinced me since they don't present any reliable material recognized by experienced scholars. Others on this forum have been presenting facts that have been proven in an intelligent matter and from serious sources. I would be glad to see the persons mentioned earlier present more intelligent facts and from reliable sources and then I will be glad to give a judgement. But so far, the Arabs on this forum failed to do that and instead keep trashing anything positive concerning Black Africa. It looks like an identity crisis in full motion because most of them are simply arabized and seem very confused about who they are. I can't blame them, they are just brainwashed.
Relaxx

[This message has been edited by relaxx (edited 22 June 2005).]

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by buddah:
Hello I am new to this forum but I have regularly watched the conversations take place. My queston is why are people denying the fact that the egyptians are african ie black. My father who is of german descent always taught us that in reality there is a european superiority complex and that he on many occasions has progressed this complex without knowing it. My question is why is Africa always divided into portions when discussing African history. Why is it not just Africa. I have noticed no matter what, the powers that be always deny African leadership in HUMAN civilisation. WHY? Why are the africans hated so much not just by us whites but even by people of color. I've noticed topics from some who are viscous in attacking African culture or anything black. Could someone please give me thier opinion on this issue.

Most of the divisions that you speak of are non-indigenous, and reflects European western ideologies.

For example, there is no such thing in native African culture as sub-saharan, or north African.

And indeed if you examine African cultures languages and biological history we find that such concepts have little meaning.

For example The Afrasan language family which includes ancient Egyptian, originally began in the Horn of Africa [Ethiopia, Sudan, Somalia], where the oldest, original branches of this language family are found.

This language family spread from East Africa to NorthWest Africa [Berber], West Africa [Chadic], SouthEast Africa [South Cushitic], and Northwards across the Levant into Israel and Arabia [Semitic].

The racial discourse in history, wherein African history is partitioned based on race ideology is a recent product of European colonialism.

Even concepts such as the Middle or Near East are Eurocentric, and did not exist in the Native history of West Asian or North African peoples.

However even many European scholars have begun discarding this old, Eurocentric view.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
To put it rather simplistically, a few reasons:

1)European propaganda of 'racial superiority'. African complex cultures, and even the nation state, precede those in Europe. A way of explaining off these realities was needed, as they hinder the notion of the 'superior' white race.

2)As for those so-called people of color, who distance themselves from 'black' folks, this has to do with the impact of defeat by European or some other foriegn imperialism [like the Arab]. As a result, such folks want to live in the shadow of the conquerors, and not the conquered.

3)People, who feel that there isn't much to say about their own history , and therefore feel the need to bring up non-sequiturs such as 'racial purity' or 'mixed race', so as to justify the inclusion of 'aliens' in ownership of the history in question, i.e., people who would otherwise have nothing to do with it, and are culturally and geographically distant. The people in the second point, also have a tendency to do the actions described in this third point.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 22 June 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fareed:
[B]Africa is a huge continent, that encompasses a variety of people. About 40% of native africans are NON-Black Africans. You're confused, because you're not a native African. People who are familiar with all of Africa, can perhaps tell you why African Americans and others are very ignorant of Africa's people.

Allah Akbar..!

This is my brother. Allah Yebarek feek.
Leave them bark at the wrong tree, Fareed.

People who have no origin, no civilisation, no history will always claim something.
Ok, it is fiction but it is something to write about.

The Afro gang, who never been been to africa,are good in inveting storeies and how facinating if such stories got something to do with the greates ever EGYPTIAN civilisation.!

Egypt is not BLACK and will never be BLACK.
Sorry to depress you, Butt heads , further.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buddah
Member # 8097

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for buddah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[B]Africa is a huge continent, that encompasses a variety of people. About 40% of native africans are NON-Black Africans. You're confused, because you're not a native African. People who are familiar with all of Africa, can perhaps tell you why African Americans and others are very ignorant of Africa's people.

Allah Akbar..!

People who have no origin, no civilisation, no history will always claim something.

The Afro gang, who never been been to africa,are good in inveting storeies and how facinating if such stories got something to do with the greates ever EGYPTIAN civilisation.!

Salama you say that egyptian are not black and never were. You say this with certainty as if you were there in the time of the AE. I have always been taught that arabs are not a race but a culture i.e. mixtures of races and culture. So what you are saying is that the egyptians were Arabs that lived in Africa?

Posts: 16 | From: fairfax, virginia USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
relaxx
Member # 7530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for relaxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:

Allah Akbar..!

Buddah,
That's another pathetic example...
No proof...just claims...I'm still open to any intelligent fact and from a reliable source from the person who just intervened since I'm from Africa and really don't care about the color of Ancient Egyptians...
Relaxx

Posts: 577 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Waryaa
Member # 7735

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Waryaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Is this man African? Yes. "Black"? No.

Is this man "black"? Yes. Is he African? No.

Is this man African? Yes. "Black"? Maybe. Maybe not.

African? Yes. "Black"? No. Yes. Who knows.

African? Yes. "Black"? Yes.

Posts: 73 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fareed
Member # 7663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fareed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Not all Africans are Black -- And not all Blacks are African.

quote:
Originally posted by Waryaa:

Is this man African? Yes. "Black"? No.

Is this man "black"? Yes. Is he African? No.

Is this man African? Yes. "Black"? Maybe. Maybe not.

African? Yes. "Black"? No. Yes. Who knows.

African? Yes. "Black"? Yes.

Posts: 229 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fareed,

Stop with this nonsense of Arabs being the ancient Egyptians.

To anyone willing to learn the TRUE history of Egypt, including how modern Egypt became ARABIZED, read up on Mohammed Ali as well as the Mamelukes.

Here is some info:
http://www.sis.gov.eg/rulers/html/en12.htm
" The Mamlukes were a class of slaves bought to join Arab armies. They were of Turkish, Circassian, Roman, Russian and European origins. They lived as a separate class and their number grew at the end of the Ayubbide reign. They seized the opportunity to ascend the throne of Egypt. "

As you can see, this is part of the reason for so many lighter skinned "Arabs" in northern Egypt and why they dominate the political classes.

Another example: http://www.sis.gov.eg/rulers/html/en07.htm
and http://islamic-world.net/islamic-state/abbasiah.htm

This shows how widespread the Islamic movement was and the fact that Egypt was just one of the many provinces within a larger Islamic (non-Egyptian) Empire.

Eventually the Abbassids were overthrown and succeeded by successive waves of Islamic dynasties: Umayyids, Ottomans, Mameluks, etc. The key here is that most of these dynasties were made up of people from OUTSIDE OF EGYPT, who came from other parts of the wider Islamic (arab) world. Most of these dynasties were based outside Egypt, since these successive Islamic dynasties were based on the power struggles within the larger Islamic empire that Egypt was a part of. At one point, Salahdin even ruled from Egypt after defeating European crusaders. Therefore, when you say Abbassid or Umayyid or Ottoman dynasty, you are really talking about dynasties that ruled a large swath of land from north Africa to Baghdad and Persia. Therefore, these dynasties are not local Egyptian rulerships, but rather remote rulerships based in various places in the wider Islamic world. It was not until the time of Mohammed Ali, himself a foreigner from Albania, that you begin to have dynasties in Egypt that were purely local to Egypt in scope. However, many of these dynasties were still made up of foreigners, even though they lived and ruled within Egypt proper. One common theme among all of the Islamic dynasties is that there was no religion except Islam. Therefore, any culture or religion other than Islam was forbidden. Various rulers in various dynasties made great efforts to obliterate the culture of ancient Egypt, as it was considered an infidel culture and religion. The attitude towards ancient Egyptian culture can be seen in how many of the ancient Egyptian monuments were considered at best quarries for stone that was used to build Mosques and Islamic temples.
http://i-cias.com/e.o/fatimids.htm http://www.touregypt.net/hfatimid.htm http://www.sis.gov.eg/rulers/html/en08.htm

Many believe the whole notion of Arab unity and Arabism came about partly because of the destruction of the old Islamic empires and the growing domination of Europeans over what was once the Islamic empires.

The last great Islamic ruler of Egypt was Mohammed Ali and it was after him that Egypt came under the control of Europe. http://www.answers.com/topic/muhammad-ali-of-egypt

Bottom line, the last 2000 years of Egyptian history have more to do with power struggles between Islam in Christianity as well as within Islam and had much to do with erasing native Egyptian culture.

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashash
Member # 8120

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashash   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by buddah:

I wonder the same things. I hate how people divide North Africa and other parts of Africa. In The States, many people say stuff like, "In Egypt AND in Africa"...as though Egypt and it's great ancient civilization needs to be completely differentiated "the other Africa". Like Egypt isn't in Africa. I've always been taught that the AE's were black, so thats what I believe. Of course, like there were blacks in Ancient Rome, and Greeks in Egypt at certain times (most ancient cultures mixed at some point) there were non-black people in Egypt, but that doesn't make the founders of the civilization something that they just weren't (Elizabeth Taylor looking Europeans, etc...)

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's african american like 99,9% of the african americans have white blood.

from jizzan
---------------------------------------------
1-first point she said she has est indian parents and so she is not african american,she is afro-carb. american
2-that's not-sense,african american only have 70% of some form of white blood or less,that has been confirmed.you guys go around thinking that everyblack woman has neen raped since the 1800's

it is known that more african americans have larger % of native american blood than white and that is around 80% dr shivar has reported and 20% of african american are unmixed,and if you add the other black groups in america it would be less than 68%

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member

Are you kidding me? You don't see any white influence in her blood? I think people like you who are obviously ignorant about Africans are the real obstical when it comes to Africans and anything concerning them. The silly comments from your kind makes the seriuos debaters seem to extreme especially when your type attaches themselves to their league.

yonis

are you trying to say that that unmixed blacks can't be that skin tone?and she is not even that light,and it has been told time and time again that blacks come lighter than that.
some of my friends from the middle of ivory coast have that same skintone,some darker,one is lighter with clear african features,and one look more mixed than her because of his lighter skin tone,he is almost yellowish and he said he had to whites in his background at all,how could he?his group is in the middle of ivory coast where white do not live at,and his they his family marry within family.
this is unbelieveable.

that girl has clear african features,so that is clear,now for skintone she could have some mixture or not,we do not know since unmixed blacks could be lighter than her,so the only way could really know is for her to take a test or she mentions it.

this is non-sense i am getting off this subject.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com