EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Warning to posters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warning to posters
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anybody new to this site or simply does not know I would like to give you all some warnings:

1. Posts are randomly deleted without my knowledge. If your post is deleted I did not do it. See option 3
2. People will troll this forum because of the controversial material and for the fact that they simply can.
3. I am not active on this forum and will no longer delete posts.
4. I receive no compensation for moderating this forum.
5. I cannot ban people and only the forum owners can do this.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
The most I can do to curtail trolling is delete threads.

quote:

3. I am not active on this forum and will not individually delete posts.

so what do you do as moderator? do you mean you will not individually delete posts or do you mean you will delete posts but not whole threads?

shouldn't a moderator be required to be active on a forum?

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bilal Dogon
Member # 21572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bilal Dogon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any way that mod/owner privileges could be transferred over to longtime, active, trusted members here so they could take over?
Posts: 100 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lioness: I will no longer delete posts period.

Bilal: No, the only person who can perform this function is sammy the owner. I do not think many of the quality posters would have the time nor want to moderate this forum. Its worth a try but the owner is missing in action.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB] lioness: I will no longer delete posts period.

then why don't you hand over the position of moderator to somebody who is active and will delete posts when necessary?
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lioness: I donot have the power to do this.
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ausar do not give up on this forum.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Mena: not giving up but warning other posters about the dangers of the forum. I can no longer invest time/effort into the forum so as a service of goodwill warning to any potential positive posters.

Its time for me to move on and let others to step up and take over this forum. If any fair-minded/mature poster would like to take moderation from me then contact sammy or whoever the owner of this forum is and tell them you would like to be the new moderator.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote;

""warning other posters about the ****dangers**** of the forum"""

?? Clarify.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently lioness has been removing content people
post by stealth ....

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why make the Lioness into something (s)he is not?

Over the years the myth of the Lioness has been
built up from dunce to Army Intelligence Cadre
and now to someone with juice.

The Lioness is just another ES member with no special superpowers.

Content was removed before there was a Lyin'Ass.
Years and years ago Ausar advised people to save
any threads they especially liked because of 'random'
deletes though he never divulged the axe man (most
likely Sammy the owner) nor what exactly was behind
the axing.

For example see http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004060
I notice the thread mentioned there has mostly been restored somehow.

Back in 2010 XYYman advised folk to save what they wanted preserved. http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006698#000001

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
Apparently lioness has been removing content people
post by stealth ....

give some examples
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post are being deleted and bills are being paid. So obviously the site is monitored, (ir)regardless to what many think. To test my theory I would recommend Bass invite some of his racist buddies from the other forums to post their racist and vulgar theories here. You know see what happens.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
yeah. All my work is scattered all over. between home network PCs, Tablets, smartphones, sticks and virtual(on-line storage). I got to look into the cloud next. Not there yet.

This site is up and running despite the rumors. And may be for the foreseeable future. Bills are being paid someone wants this site up....for what ever reason. And I don't think it is for educational purposes. (wink!)

May be a big sociology/pyschology experiment. Who knows? Enjoy it.

The problem now is retrieving the documents in a timely manner. Remembering where I put it.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Everyone wants to seea fight...like in the school yard. Eurocentrics vs Afrocentrics. That is our culture.

--------------------

Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site is up and running despite the rumors. And may be for the foreseeable future. Bills are being paid someone wants this site up....for what ever reason. And I don't think it is for educational purposes. (wink!)

It was said a long time ago that the owners ain't running
the site for free. I think their model is to have
a bunch of valid content going- on the backs of which,
they can sell ads, or get a percentage from marketers.
Fair enough. They do that, the site is up, and the
info keeps flowing to the web, repping in Google,
and end-running the Wikipedia "stealth" moles who
think they can "airbrush" data away. They fail. And of
course the database provides quick, hard-hitting
artillery to take on assorted distorters, racists
and sundry in various web sites. Ain't the most
noble, conscious way to do things, but whatever
it takes to get the word out in a wide way,

May be a big sociology/pyschology experiment. Who knows? Enjoy it.

Yeah, while the going is good.

Everyone wants to seea fight...like in the school yard. Eurocentrics vs Afrocentrics. That is our culture.

Which may be another reason things have eased off. Not
enough real fights, compared to the more contrived
ones now with obvious dupe accounts "debating" one another.
Or people starting threads then disappearing rather
than staying to fight it out like ole "Nord" used to do.
Maybe this is why the Bass hung out for years on the
racist sites- it was a challenge, to suit up and
lay the hammer down. But even he has eased off that.
Beyoku/Astenb hangs out on Forum Biodiversity for
the same reason it seems- at least there you get
a real debate with real opposition numbering in
the dozens or more. And these opponents are always
digging up new stuff to build whatever bogus claim they
are working on at the moment. Which in turn brings
to light things that would have remained buried.
Fights aint the only way knowledge is expanded of course,
nor even necessarily the best way, but they are a
legit part of the landscape.

I may be wrong but seems that they have been "banning"
the ES warriors more in recent years- Bass, Slugger, Morpheus, me,
Djehut and others (maybe you too), under different aliases in different forums.
That may be another reason for a general thinning out. Then
there is burn-out. Even Explorer hasn't updated his
blog for months, and Bass no longer mans his lonely
outpost as in the past. Some prominent opponents of
yore too are no longer there- Madilda for example is gone.

Could be too with the data consolidated as it is and
new studies confirming multiple times, that the
major battle of the Nile Valley is won. Maybe its mop up time. Oh there
is still rearguard action, and bitter-ender denial
but the game is up. All they have left now is
covering propaganda for the retreat.

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
- This site has almost no ads
- Forum biodiversity has almost no activity on the Egyptology section
- Some people were only on this egyptsearch forum for the racial debates (probably with multiple ids) not for their love or interests for Ancient Egyptians or African history

Personally I feel sorry for people who's only exposition to African history is through forums, webpages and the likes. I encourage people to read books. Especially about particular African populations and empires (Yoruba, Dogon, Ashanti, Kongo, less known ones, etc) . They have much more depth, stories and knowledge than any internet forums or websites.

Amazon.com and local libraries are really good.

This website, I already posted about, is also very good:
https://www.africanbookscollective.com/

Those are African history books published by African publishers (as well as other types of books) .

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
^^^
- Some people were only on this egyptsearch forum for the racial debates (probably with multiple ids) not for their love or interests for Ancient Egyptians or African history

Personally I feel sorry for people who's only exposition to African history is through forums, webpages and the likes. I encourage people to read books. Especially about particular African populations and empires (Yoruba, Dogon, Ashanti, Kongo, less known ones, etc) . They have much more depth, stories and knowledge than any internet forums or websites.

Those are African history books published by African publishers (as well as other types of books) .

Yeah Ultimate I am reading through the different books previews on that website you posted before.

It always astounds me that people don't take the time to read books on Africans FROM AFRICANS, and instead put emphasis on books by euros as if that trumps African storians.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In another thread the lioness posted this:

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
Egypt has already been proven to be 'black"

there is nothing else to be done

He may be right in a way for some people, as some people it seems were only here for the racial debate, not for their passion or interests for Ancient Egyptian and African history.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
quote:
^^^

Yeah Ultimate I am reading through the different books previews on that website you posted before.

It always astounds me that people don't take the time to read books on Africans FROM AFRICANS, and instead put emphasis on books by euros as if that trumps African storians.

Yes, on that subject matter, I made a post earlier about various African civilizations, Kingdoms, peoples and cities through time (the maps are big):

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008078

^^^ People should check it out

All the maps were from Ehret's book. I guess, proving that some books published by American and European writers and publishers can be very good too.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
quote:
^^^

Yes, on that subject matter, I made a post earlier about various African civilizations, Kingdoms, peoples and cities through time (the maps are big):

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008078

^^^ People should check it out

All the maps were from Ehret's book. I guess, proving that some books published by American and European writers and publishers can be very good too.

The value of TRUTHSEEKERS..is that they see no color line. Only truth. Blacks and Whites can be truthseekers if all the care about is finding and posting the facts about it.

Respect Ultimate and Am currently checking out your thread.

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I only post here and ESR. I lurk at Dienekes, (he updates his site often and he has an entertaining split personality, but he is slowly coming around) and once or twice on Europedia. The others, no, I don’t visit simply because it is not mentally stimulating. Picture spamming and calling posters niggaz etc is not really …intellectual.

Indeed the battle over the Nile has been won. I tried Matilda’s site a few weeks ago and found out it is also dead. DNA testing has shattered the illusion and delusion. They had a fighting chance with picture spamming, linguitics, and archeology etc. But DNA testing and tropical body proportion is undeniable, once performed and understood correctly. It is indeed mop up time as they retreat “and the world becomes a better place” as the haters get buried..

Quote:
and others (maybe you too), under different aliases in different forums

Quote:

Quote:
All they have left now is

Quote:
Madilda for example is gone

=====

They are also losing the battle on Neanderthal admixture….it is proving to be another lie and delusion. What is really fascinating is the new model on human migration being developed. Ie the magnitude of population replacement… and the reasons. DNATribes is on it and ahead of the game.

The real battle is getting the popular media to get on board – a few isolated forums is not going to do any damage and correct the wrongs. Not even books as AMRU suggested. No one read books/print anymore. Movies, News channels, ?

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Don’t get me wrong. The work being done by the “base” is needed and has to be continued.

The only people who are arguing AEians are anything but indigenous Africans and Blacks are the ignorant who don’t know anything. Any well-read individual has no other choice than to conclude that AEians are an indigenous civilization originating in Sudana Sahara area and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Europe and Europeans. Infact it is the reverse. Europeans civilization got it kick start from migrating Saharans.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
I only post here and ESR. I lurk at Dienekes, (he updates his site often and he has an entertaining split personality, but he is slowly coming around) and once or twice on Europedia. The others, no, I don’t visit simply because it is not mentally stimulating. Picture spamming and calling posters niggaz etc is not really …intellectual.

Indeed the battle over the Nile has been won. I tried Matilda’s site a few weeks ago and found out it is also dead. DNA testing has shattered the illusion and delusion. They had a fighting chance with picture spamming, linguitics, and archeology etc. But DNA testing and tropical body proportion is undeniable, once performed and understood correctly. It is indeed mop up time as they retreat “and the world becomes a better place” as the haters get buried..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

=====

They are also losing the battle on Neanderthal admixture….it is proving to be another lie and delusion. What is really fascinating is the new model on human migration being developed. Ie the magnitude of population replacement… and the reasons. DNATribes is on it and ahead of the game.

The real battle is getting the popular media to get on board – a few isolated forums is not going to do any damage and correct the wrongs. Not even books as AMRU suggested. No one read books/print anymore. Movies, News channels, ?

I didn't suggest books for this. I said Movies, documentaries, and news channel use academic books/studies as source of information. So once egyptology has completed it's turn around and acknowledge Ancient Egypt to have a mostly black African heritage like we're beginning to see. It will reflect on movies, documentaries, etc done about Ancient Egypt.
Member # 15718

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

=====

Yeah that's the thing. The battle is basically won
as far as, like you say well read people and academics-
but the propaganda machine- whether in popular culture,
or in the deep networks of "HBD" distorters is churning
out disinformation. Even in less hostile venues-
National Geog is still spinning its brand of spin.
And on Wiki the moles are still removing valid scholarship.
Hence the need for the stuff you are doing in breaking
the info down for the masses, hence the need for adding
to and refining the base, and getting the word out.
I'm glad DNATribes is in the mix as an alternative
end run.

Like you suggest the next step is more popular media.
The base already has several diagrams/visual aids
but more can be done via Youtube, etc. I think
the same distribution push can be made via Facebook
by porting the data in an easy to understand way
to that venue. The distorters are already doing so
on their end- and they are taking pains to break
things done for mass-line assimilation, as the many "primers"
and web-rings they put out illustrate. By contrast too
often some on the opposite end are naively relying on things
like Wiki, itself being distorted constantly as
far as a more balanced picture of African bio-history.

That push to the masses also needs to be done more
among AAs but has to be done in an accessible way.
Its ultimately the AfAm community that will provide
the hardcore, bedrock support in days to come.
But demanding the average cat get with nucleotide positions
ain't gonna garner much traction. Concise, bottom line summaries
in a larger context of an African "our thing" force-
will definitely help. Like every busy businessman
asks- what's the bottom line? That has to come across
clearly and fairly quickly if the popular front is to be addressed.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
On DNATribes
I am not saying DNATribes is in our camp. But they seem not afraid to disclose information and interpret data irregardless of the consequences and who is offended. They seem sincerely interested in …DNA Tribes. Tracing the migration of our species. They seem to contnously update their charts and disignation. Eg West Asia/Lavant is now distinct from Arabia. The have grouped Arabia(south) and the Sahara, which I some-what agree with. They have replaced Eurasian “orgin” with Eurasia “related” genes. Keeping in mind that no gene originated in Europe even those with higher frequency.. They spend time, effort and MONEY analyzing really significant papers instead of the BS papers floating around on the web. Eg Amarnas and Loshcbour/Lazaridis et al.

They have done a good job to this point. Even their work on the Clovis was interesting. Showing that Southern Americans inhabited North America 10,000ya.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
If it wasn’t for Tribes we would still being arguing whether Tut was R1b based a supposedly video shot of his DNA. LOL! While the analytical technique was pissing in our face. ALL 8 of the Amarnas were “Negro”. LOL.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com