EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: Neocon Uncle Thomases hurting our people (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT: Neocon Uncle Thomases hurting our people
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Comparing Barack Obama and his church to David Duke and the KKK.

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/03/07/obama_and_oprah_smeared_as_racists_on_fox_news.php

And here the same Uncle thomas defends a racist white for saying that all black babies should be aborted to decrease crime:

"Moderator Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson criticized Hurricane Katrina evacuees for what he deemed their “lack of moral character.” Said Peterson, “I find that many of those people have lots of things. They have nice clothes to wear, they’re fat as a pig, they’re driving nice cars, big old color TVs. I think the reason many stayed there is because they lack moral character.” [To view Peterson’s statement about Hurricane Katrina evacuees lack of moral character, forward video to 54:00] Yet Peterson had only praise for former Education Secretary Bill Bennett, who has been widely condemned for his recent comment that aborting all black babies would be a way to bring down the crime rate, though it would be reprehensible. Peterson said of Bennett, “He has a right to speak about things. He has a right to point out right and wrong. I don’t know why you say that he should not have, that he was clumsy in saying it. I think he was right to say it. I would’ve said it too.” [To watch Peterson’s comments on Bill Bennett’s statement, forward video to 1:10:06]"

http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=19715

Now how can Obama's church be racist and Bill Bennett not be a racist according to this Uncle Tom and so called man of God Jesse Lee Peterson? This same Uncle Thomas criticized Jambon as a racist for saying all whites should be exterminated but a white man saying all black babies should be aborted is not a racist? This Uncle Toming jiggaboo is clearly speaking nonsense to please his white neocon masters.

Anyone have any comments on this? The fact that a black man can think this about his own people is sick.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neokem
Member # 13211

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neokem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey this is nothing new, since black Muslims enslaved other Africans and black slave traders sold africans to the euros, we have had collaborators.

But it's not just us, the jews had those that helped the Nazis, the Native Americans had those that collaborated with the Euro americans.

Every group had had traitors in their midst.

What we need is a way to make our traitors accountable.

--------------------
http://www.saywordradio.com/
http://www.neo-kem.com/
http://www.libradio.com/

Posts: 66 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Toms make me puke. It is better for them to join the KKK.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by neokem:
Hey this is nothing new, since black Muslims enslaved other Africans and black slave traders sold africans to the euros, we have had collaborators.

But it's not just us, the jews had those that helped the Nazis, the Native Americans had those that collaborated with the Euro americans.

Every group had had traitors in their midst.

What we need is a way to make our traitors accountable.

Thats true but most Uncle Toms were not this bold to make such statements. This is when I wish Malcolm X was here, he had a way of separating Uncle Toms from our people. No man, black or white can defend aborting black babies as a means to reduce crime, one isn't a born a criminal just by being born black.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:

Speaking of which, Nkrumah as far from being an Uncle Thomas, but you called him a sell out for marrying a white woman, by that logic diop would be an Uncle Thomas, so how is Nkrumah one?
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by X-Ras:
quote:

Speaking of which, Nkrumah as far from being an Uncle Thomas, but you called him a sell out for marrying a white woman, by that logic diop would be an Uncle Thomas, so how is Nkrumah one?
You're right Diop is an Uncle Tom. Everytime an African looks beastly with warrior like features they sell out.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're right Diop is an Uncle Tom. Everytime an African looks beastly with warrior like features they sell out.
What? WTH? Diop an Uncle Thomas? Diop was even called an inverted racist by one white anthropologist, how could you call Diop an uncle thomasß You are a Thomasina for calling Diop an Uncle Tom. Jomo Kenyatta late president of Kenya and Leopold Senghor, late pesident of Senegal both married white women but they aren't Uncle Thomases, do some research Betty.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Read here Bettyboo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom

LMAo at Uncle Tomahawk for Native Americans.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
X-RAS give me a break. Diop was an Uncle Tom. Anytime when black men talk all that black stuff whites deem them as "Militant". I know you didn't take that statement of that white man serious? Jomo Kenyatta, Leopold Senghor, and whoever marries white is an Uncle Tom. I don't have respect for black people who talk all that black power Pan-Africanism crap and marry white. They are confused and frauds.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
X-RAS give me a break. Diop was an Uncle Tom. Anytime when black men talk all that black stuff whites deem them as "Militant". I know you didn't take that statement of that white man serious? Jomo Kenyatta, Leopold Senghor, and whoever marries white is an Uncle Tom. I don't have respect for black people who talk all that black power Pan-Africanism crap and marry white. They are confused and frauds.

Let me ask you one last time Betty, do you know what an Uncle Thomas is really is?
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Now how can Obama's church be racist and Bill Bennett not be a racist ?
Look Like the Republic-cons are starting early with the mud slinging as always [Cool] , sad thing about is that their opponents always fall for it

Don't go for the bait (race baiting) Obama's chruch should just label Sean Hannity as a Nut and move on and stay away from Fox News

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Masonic Rebel:
quote:
Now how can Obama's church be racist and Bill Bennett not be a racist ?
Look Like the Republic-cons are starting early with the mud slinging as always [Cool] , sad thing about is that their opponents always fall for it

Don't go for the bait (race baiting) Obama's chruch should just label Sean Hannity as a Nut and move on and stay away from Fox News

True indeed, FoxNews is the necon arm and tool of the Republical Party. It just incenses me that a black man would willingly disparage his own people and agree with racist whites, that certainly does the masses no good. As Khallid Muhammad once said and as right[though I don't agree with the NOI on much of anything]:

"“When white folks can’t defeat you, they’ll always find some Negro, some boot-licking, butt-licking, bamboozled, half-baked, half-fried, sissified, punkified, pasteurized, homogenized Nigger that they can trot out in front of you.”

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:

I'm still waiting for evidence that Diop, Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta and Leopold Senghor were Uncle Toms.

Clyde Winters what is your opinion on this?

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I'm still waiting for evidence that Diop, Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta and Leopold Senghor were Uncle Toms.

Clyde Winters what is your opinion on thisß

I don't believe that Diop, Nkrumah and Kenyatta were uncle toms because they definitely did not act in a subservient manner to whites. These men were strong, and dedicated their life and life works to furthering the cause of freedom for Black and African people. They spoke out against injustice at home and advocated freedom for Blacks whereever they lived.

Although this is my opinion, many young people have been influenced by recent Black comedy shows and movies where certain individuals act militant--but marry a white women. This has led these people to see Blacks who marry whites--but maintain militant ideas as hypocrites. These same young people attempt to lable this group as uncle toms because of the seeming hypocrisy in being pro-Black/African while marrying someone of a different nationality.

Although this is their opinion a person who marries someone white who is pro-Black, militant and etc., can not be an uncle tom, as long as that person is not acting and encouraging other people to act in a subservient manner to whites. It is the behavior: acting in a subservient manner to whites which demands the lable uncle tom.

In recent years Colin Powell was labled an uncle tom. This was also a misuse of the term . Powell worked for the President. Since he was making pronouncements within the scope of his duties as Secretary of State he was not an uncle tom, he was just doing his job.

Now I worked at a University back in the 1970's. There were a number of Black administrators who acted militant before the students, but in meetings with the vice president of student affairs they were offering numerous ideas on how to eliminate Blacks on the campus. This was uncle tomism. It was uncle tomism because it was not part of their job to eliminate Blacks they were working on campus primarily due to the Blacks who were students there.

To want to help eliminate the population that ensured your job is lunacy--but these uncle toms saw nothing contradictory in their behavior--since they believed they were "pro-black". In the case of these Blacks then, and now jealousy can be a prime motivator in Black on Black oppression and precieved uncle tom behavior.

Marrying someone who is not Black can not indicate ones "uncle tomism". The act of trying to keep Black people down in concert with whites is true "uncle tomism".

But even using this definition can prove pointless because I have seen many Blacks who talk a militant game--married to Blacks--who will sell you out, due to jealousy. Blacks who do not in any way believe they are uncle toms.

Bettyboo has a right to her opinion, and would be supported by many other Black and African people. But those Blacks who marry someone of a different nationality--yet constantly fight for the rights of other Blacks should not be given this derogatory lable in my opinion.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
quote:

I don't believe that Diop, Nkrumah and Kenyatta were uncle toms because they definitely did not act in a subservient manner to whites. These men were strong, and dedicated their life and life works to furthering the cause of freedom for Black and African people. They spoke out against injustice at home and advocated freedom for Blacks whereever they lived.

Although this is my opinion, many young people have been influenced by recent Black comedy shows and movies where certain individuals act militant--but marry a white women. This has led these people to see Blacks who marry whites--but maintain militant ideas as hypocrites. These same young people attempt to lable this group as uncle toms because of the seeming hypocrisy in being pro-Black/African while marrying someone of a different nationality.

Although this is their opinion a person who marries someone white who is pro-Black, militant and etc., can not be an uncle tom, as long as that person is not acting and encouraging other people to act in a subservient manner to whites. It is the behavior: acting in a subservient manner to whites which demands the lable uncle tom.

In recent years Colin Powell was labled an uncle tom. This was also a misuse of the term . Powell worked for the President. Since he was making pronouncements within the scope of his duties as Secretary of State he was not an uncle tom, he was just doing his job.

Now I worked at a University back in the 1970's. There were a number of Black administrators who acted militant before the students, but in meetings with the vice president of student affairs they were offering numerous ideas on how to eliminate Blacks on the campus. This was uncle tomism. It was uncle tomism because it was not part of their job to eliminate Blacks they were working on campus primarily due to the Blacks who were students there.

To want to help eliminate the population that ensured your job is lunacy--but these uncle toms saw nothing contradictory in their behavior--since they believed they were "pro-black". In the case of these Blacks then, and now jealousy can be a prime motivator in Black on Black oppression and precieved uncle tom behavior.

Marrying someone who is not Black can not indicate ones "uncle tomism". The act of trying to keep Black people down in concert with whites is true "uncle tomism".

But even using this definition can prove pointless because I have seen many Blacks who talk a militant game--married to Blacks--who will sell you out, due to jealousy. Blacks who do not in any way believe they are uncle toms.

Bettyboo has a right to her opinion, and would be supported by many other Black and African people. But those Blacks who marry someone of a different nationality--yet constantly fight for the rights of other Blacks should not be given this derogatory lable in my opinion.

Great post Clyde and i have a question, well another question, have you ever noticed any Uncle Thomases in the realm of black history? For example, Frank Snowden had some Uncle Thomas like views, at least in my opinion as well as Clarence Page. What is your opinion on these two?

IMO, Uncle Thomases and Thomasinas/ Aunt Jemimas do our people far worst than racist whites, Jesse Lee Peterson and Ward Connerly are the worst example, even worst than Clarence Thomas.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

^You're an idiot.

quote:

What if the person they know agrees with them and their stance more than any self-depreciating black americans.

Since there are no *biological* 'races', only social designations.

I bet you would marry a nice white guy over that self-hating 'Uncle-Tom'?, right?

Or would he suit your sick-racist needs better, white-whench.

quote:

quote:
Clyde:

So betty, by your logic, that president who had a black wife was a wigger?

( [Big Grin] )

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I had time to comment on this issue but I am about to leave for the airport so I don't have the time to properly comment on this issue.

First of all I don't believe Frank Snowden was an uncle tom. Snowden was a selfish historian who craved recognition. If you read DuBois "The World and Africa", he mentions a Black who knew a lot about Blacks during the Classical Age, but the Black would not share his work with DuBois.

I believe Snowden was this person. It is clear that Snowden allowed his work to be used by others to down play the African role in Egypt but he was not trying to make Blacks appear in a subservient manner to whites, he just wanted his work out there.

Page in my opinion may be seen as an uncle tom. He will do what ever it takes to keep his position at the Tribune.

He is a wise man that knows that just because Europeans like you today they can be your worst enemy if you do something to displease them. But remember it is easy to call him an uncle tom--because I don't have the pressures on me to say the right thing to keep my job. He does.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great post Clyde and i have a question, well another question, have you ever noticed any Uncle Thomases in the realm of black history? For example, Frank Snowden had some Uncle Thomas like views, at least in my opinion as well as Clarence Page. What is your opinion on these two?

IMO, Uncle Thomases and Thomasinas/ Aunt Jemimas do our people far worst than racist whites, Jesse Lee Peterson and Ward Connerly are the worst example, even worst than Clarence Thomas.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't have the pressures on me to say the right thing to keep my job. He does.

You are a lucky man, Clyde. Very few individuals have this privilege, and it's even harder in the academic rank.

Safe journey, Dr. Clyde [Smile]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:
I don't have the pressures on me to say the right thing to keep my job. He does.

You are a lucky man, Clyde. Very few individuals have this privilege, and it's even harder in the academic rank.

Safe journey, Dr. Clyde [Smile]

I have a question Arwa, how do Somalis deal with Uncle Thomas like people amongst their masses? I curious to know how Africans view such people.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
X-ras:
Great post Clyde and i have a question, well another question, have you ever noticed any Uncle Thomases in the realm of black history? For example, Frank Snowden had some Uncle Thomas like views,

Stop it, guys!

Maybe it's False, I mean Fox news's and the like's faults that these self haters out there. It's not like it's natural. African slave traders were just greedy, though, I'm sure there were some serviant types in all groups through out history.

Thing is, most racists are RAISED, a young child who here's racist comment, then see's their 'evidence' (bias mis-information) may grow up to believe it.

There's this one black kid at my school who was so 'conservative' it made me sick. Ew. In no [other] way did this kid appear racist, or self-hating, until I started reading his comics he started making.

The comics were comci-adventures of various TV characters; TMNT Michaelangelo, DBZ Goku, Dr.Phil, Smokey the Bear, arthur, chuck norris, Superman, etc. They were actually quite funny, sometimes vulgar (ofcourse, they were basedoff tv), and they featured celebrities in every issue.

I noticed that in the first like seven, every 'black' celeb was a villain and object of ridicule. Now he's done with comics, but in his last few whites have been majority, which is proportional, of the negative characters. Neutrals, 'passerby's have been equally black and white, and each race of these stars have gotten their fair share of 'coolness' or fun poked at them.

I don't know what this means, but in an unusually sized side story of the final comic, Steve Ercle bltch-slaps Chuck Norris, who was positive, because he thought Chuck called him the N-word. Chucksays he won't do anything, then when he knows why steve is mad, he say, "That wasn't me, it was Mel Gibson and Michael Richards"

The next box shows two clan members, which was hilarious [Big Grin] !

Anyway, he went from 0 white antagonists to Majority white antagonists because I started talking to him about what's goin on and I also started ridiculing Biased news and other funny contradictions. Basically giving them their own medicine. It was because he obviously had never heard another side.

Believe me, though, I didn't go unchallenged, he was asking some questions. Kindof spookingly similar to hore's. I have love for all of us, so I couldn't let someone grow up self-hating.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Stereo types for 'black' females. (<- They're against you) [Frown]

The growth of black culture and stereotypes.

MORE PERTAINING TO THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD, is:

Here's what you've been led to believe about the origin of 'Uncle Tom'.
and this--> http://www.ferris.edu/news/jimcrow/tom/more/ * sick *

I don't want to beffuddle anyone, but I'm about to show you the 'REAL' and inventor of "UNCLE TOM", and why.

This is The Real Uncle Tom.

^"Will The Real Uncle Tom, please stand up?" [Smile] [Wink]

I'm all for self-assesment, and positive criticism, but in my opinion, [b]WE NEED TO STOP HATING ON EVERY LAST ONE OF OUR OWN!
GEEZ!

I think all of these words, labels, and brands are just the enemies' ploy for "dividing and conquering", espiecially since labels seem to be their niche.

[Frown] [Confused]

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the site:
quote:

Will the Real Uncle Tom Please Stand Up?

There is a myth about the character known in black America as Uncle Tom. To begin with, he was not a mythical character, created to describe the house nigger, a pejorative term used to verbally assault those slaves who worked in the living quarters of slave owners. Those assigned to such tasks as personal assistants, cooks and nannies often suffered a double-edged harshness. The first came from the slave owner who frequently chose those with special abilities for inside tasks and yet held little real respect for the chosen servant. The other and more violent sting came from other slaves. In these days of historical revisions, it is time to set the record straight about who Uncle Tom really was. For more than a century, Uncle Tom has taken the rap for Quimbo and Sambo , two foremen who lived and worked on a plantation situated along the Mississippi River. Owned by a sadistic slaveholder, they were forced to work subordinate slaves with a cruel and tyrannical disregard for physical limitation or human dignity. Drunk with power to rule over other slaves their cruelty knew no bounds. The slapstick duo obliged their master, and by doing so were afforded privileges, above and far beyond fellow slaves. They were designated as leaders by slave owners who perceived a willingness on their part to take charge of their brethren on behalf of their masters. In exchange for the intoxicating false glory attached to the position of leader, they were required to demonstrate an allegiance to their appointing masters that was tantamount to self-loathing.

"What the devil's got into Tom?" Legree said to Sambo. "A while ago he was all down in the mouth, and now he's peart as a cricket."
"Dunno, Mas'r; gwine to run off, mebbe."
"Like to see him try that," said Legree, with a savage grin, "wouldn't we, Sambo?"
"Guess we would! Haw! haw! ho!" said the sooty gnome, laughing obsequiously. "Lord, de fun! To see him stickin' in de mud,--chasin' and tarin' through de bushes, dogs a holdin' on to him! Lord, I laughed fit to split, dat ar time we cotched Molly. I thought they'd a had her all stripped up afore I could get 'em off. She car's de marks o' dat ar spree yet."
"I reckon she will, to her grave," said Legree. "But now, Sambo, you look sharp. If the nigger's got anything of this sort going, trip him up."
"Mas'r, let me lone for dat," said Sambo, "I'll tree de coon. Ho, ho, ho!"

from UNCLE TOM'S CABIN or Life among the Lowly, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1852
The master of this particularly hated pair, known only as Simon Legree, was described by Harriet Beecher Stowe in her 1852 classic, Uncle Tom's Cabin. Quimbo and Sambo took their derogatory names from the warped Mr. Legree. The two were said to evolve into a mirror image of the cruelty embodied by Mr. Legree, who is described by former slaves as the worst owner of humans the South ever saw. There was, however, a sharp turn in history when Legree received, as payment of an old debt, a slave named Tom from a neighbor. It was Mr. Legree's first encounter with black dignity. This encounter would also lay the foundation for a not-so-subtle division among blacks, which exists, even to this day. The book, Uncle Tom's Cabin as well as other notable works describing the history of slavery, refers to Tom AS A RUGGED INDIVIDUALIST WHO RESISTED, WITH DIGNITY, THE DICTATES OF AN INSANE SYSTEM OF HUMANS OWNING HUMANS. LIKE THE CHARACTER KUNTA KENTE IN ROOTS NO AMOUNT OF OPPRESSION OR CRUELTY COULD BREAK HIS SPIRIT. Word spread from state to state after he challenged his new master to stop the cruelty exacted on field hands by the overseers. During an incident when the parents of a young female slave ran to Tom's cabin for his help to prevent Quimbo from raping their daughter, Tom confronted Legree as being the source of the evil that reigned terror on the entire plantation. He offered his own back to the whip in exchange for the freedom of the young woman. The lack of fear for his own life and his willingness to stand up to Legree earned Tom the respected title of Uncle, a title reserved in those days for the most honorable male in any given plantation. Black slaves adopted Tom as their own uncle and intercessor between master and slave.
This was the real Uncle Tom.

In addition to performing his assigned chores with the utmost precision, he became champion of the mistreated, and eventually the political opposition to the leaders . Legree, as well as other owners of Tom, found that to mistreat Tom brought about a work slowdown. Soon, Tom lived in his own cabin, which became the place of counsel and sanctuary for slaves with grievances. His willingness to confront black and white injustice earned him a limited freedom long before the Civil War. He did encounter opposition however, but it was not from white slave owners. His biggest enemies were those black overseers appointed as leaders over the people. They were being increasingly challenged by slaves who found the bold courage of Uncle Tom very attractive. The historical fact is that a quiet but growing movement could be found in plantation after plantation of slaves who wrapped themselves around the concept of individual rights and dignity. By the mid 1820's these rugged souls, who grew in their boldness to stand up to their overseers, became known as Uncle Toms. Black leaders who discovered they had an Uncle Tom among those they supervised were struck with panic at the impending challenge to authority. A line in the sand was drawn which some believe aided the spark we all know as the Civil War. The spark of contention, lit so long ago, continues to burn in the black community even today....

http://www.suanews.com/articles/1993/willtherealuncletompleasestandup.htm
Bil Carpenter is a writer for Destiny Magazine. This article was originally printed in Destiny Magazine.

^ Just a fun-fact. From: http://whgbetc.com/mind/uncle_tom_the_real_1.html

That spark may still burn today, I just don't know if it's burning the right way.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Thats some black neocon BS, Uncle Tom came from the book Uncle Tom's Cabin in which the character Uncle tom was a subservient slave. The slur Uncle Tom developed from that. An Uncle Tom as used by blacks is a black sellout to the white, a race traitor.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

I know what it means, I just prefer 'self-hater' over Uncle-Tom.^

EDIT:

Oh my GAWD! I just watched the video and, that guy is such a, he's sooo BRAIN-WASHED!

btw, exactly How, is my quote "neocon-bull"

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All meeting conjunctions are superlative in nature.

Thats some black neocon BS, Uncle Tom came from the book Uncle Tom's Cabin in which the character Uncle tom was a subservient slave. The slur Uncle Tom developed from that. An Uncle Tom as used by blacks is a black sellout to the white, a race traitor.

^ How the hell is that some "Black Neo-Conservative bull-****"?

It came from both.

In the one I mentioned, which I think is the original because the term 'Uncle Tom' had to be in use by the time of Uncle Tom's Cabin, Uncle Tom was fighting two derranged, self-hating, subserviant, uncle-toms (as it's used 2day).

You don't have to associate the protagonist of my little story to that self-hating uncle tom from that clip.

The target is self haters who are sub-serviant to European Oppression. If we refer to them as Uncle Toms today, then so be it, I was just sharing that nice little tid-bit of information. [Wink]

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Ok, cool, but these Toms need to identified for who they are, they do more damage than racist whites.
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Which 'Uncle Tom' are you referring to? Are you referring to the historical Uncle Tom ... you know the one that did a lot for his people or are you talking about the European created Uncle Tom?

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

^Probably (pretending about )the latter. I thought Uncle Tom's cabin, was created by afro-americans fighting against slavery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against using the term to describe a, well, an Uncle Tom.

I just wanted to show how the term was used before.

It's funny that THAT term is chosen. It kindof erases a dignifying aspect/person of slave history.

Maybe Uncle Tom's Cabin was more well-read, or maybe Uncle Tom just sounds better than Uncle Sambo, or Uncle Quimbo.

--------------------

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do readers think of Nkrumah's claim that he married an Egyptian woman--I wouldn't call her "white" in the orthodox sense of that term--for the sake of Pan-Africanism? It was Nkrumah's fervent wish that all of Africa should form one federated unit, an idea that Nasser of Egypt was not averse to.

Diop's marriage to a French woman--so too Fanon--could perhaps be explained by the fact that they were not racial supremacists and that having spent many years in European academic environments they probably encountered on a daily basis many more Europeans of both genders than Africans.

But it is curious fact though that the 3 most important African intellectuals of the 20th
century all married Europeans.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Error:

re above: I should have written that " 2 of the 3 most important African intellectuals of the 20th century married Europeans"--because Nkrumah's wife is Egyptian not European.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Let me ask you one last time Betty, do you know what an Uncle Thomas is really is?
I suppose a black person who stab their kind in the back for the benefit of whites. That's my definition.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

What evidence are you talking about? They marry white women. What is wrong with their African women that they couldn't take them as a bride. They stab the black African women in the back. They discard of them for the replacement of the white man's woman. Why is it that every leader in this world marries someone from their ethnic, tribe, race, and nation but when it comes to African men that changes? Why the Russian president is not married to a chinese or black? Why the Japanese president is not married to a European? When it comes to Africa the black man is paired with a non black woman and it don't look good. It tells a lot about the mentality of black men. Everyone can see this except black men. It don't look good. You people are frauds and abandon your own women.
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin] at all you guys getting into it with Betty.

Betty once said in a post long ago "Black people are easily manipulated". He is simply dumping out messages that "Diop" and "Nkrumah" are uncle Toms to fuel your reactions. This guy knows Diop & Nkrumah are strong Black men who's legacies are VERY useful to the fight against racism/white-supremacy.

There is nothing wrong with anybody marrying anybody as long as both partners know where they stand. Justice or Injustice?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Technical Anomaly you are out of your freaking mind. I don't know why so many of you black men are in denial and refuse to see things the way they are. Anytime when a black person talk that "black power" crap and speak about the upliftment of the black race and turns around and marry white they are frauds. Explain to me why every other leader can stay in their own race but the African can't? No one else have a problem marrying someone from their race and country but the African cannot resist the beauty of the white woman over their African women. Why is that? These Africans suppose to be leaders of a black nation and they walking side by side with their white woman. Trust me, it don't look good and everyone can see this and sense it except the black man.
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

What evidence are you talking about? They marry white women. What is wrong with their African women that they couldn't take them as a bride. They stab the black African women in the back. They discard of them for the replacement of the white man's woman. Why is it that every leader in this world marries someone from their ethnic, tribe, race, and nation but when it comes to African men that changes? Why the Russian president is not married to a chinese or black? Why the Japanese president is not married to a European? When it comes to Africa the black man is paired with a non black woman and it don't look good. It tells a lot about the mentality of black men. Everyone can see this except black men. It don't look good. You people are frauds and abandon your own women.
African men can do this because we are the FATHERS of you all [Big Grin] . Petty colorism really doesn't come into play when (most) Black men seek women. We don't have to play the silly color games.

In time you'll realise all humans are just Africans - in original form or modified.

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KaBa Un Hru:
quote:

Which 'Uncle Tom' are you referring to? Are you referring to the historical Uncle Tom ... you know the one that did a lot for his people or are you talking about the European created Uncle Tom?

Peace!~

Cut the bullshyt. I'm referring to any black sell out.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
What do readers think of Nkrumah's claim that he married an Egyptian woman--I wouldn't call her "white" in the orthodox sense of that term--for the sake of Pan-Africanism? It was Nkrumah's fervent wish that all of Africa should form one federated unit, an idea that Nasser of Egypt was not averse to.

Diop's marriage to a French woman--so too Fanon--could perhaps be explained by the fact that they were not racial supremacists and that having spent many years in European academic environments they probably encountered on a daily basis many more Europeans of both genders than Africans.

But it is curious fact though that the 3 most important African intellectuals of the 20th
century all married Europeans.

You know I'm disgusted how you people keep defending these African leaders with white women. Only black men will do such a thing. Every other race is protective of their women except the black man. You people are seriously sick in the head with all these excuses. There were more than enough African women who shared their views and would have supported them, but they (African leaders) still choose to marry white. This disease only affects black men and why is that? Do you really think there are not other women in the world that shares the same views of other leaders? There are more than enough of them. You still don't see these leaders marrying out of their race. Trust me, these African leaders could have found a wife from their own country but they can't resist the white women so they sold out. Until I see other leaders in the world marrying out of their race then I will be convinced. You people need to stop being in denial and stop acting like your senses don't work. By the way, that Egyptian woman was WHITE you can't be that naive and think otherwise. Stop trying to justify these sellouts. It makes you look weak.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
African men can do this because we are the FATHERS of you all [Big Grin] . Petty colorism really doesn't come into play when (most) Black men seek women. We don't have to play the silly color games.

In time you'll realise all humans are just Africans - in original form or modified.

Who do you think you are fooling with this garbage? Colorism is not petty it is a social reality and everyone knows that except the black man. Sorry, you black men DO play the "silly" color games and that is the exact reason you people choose light skin over dark skin, mix race over the black race, white women over black women. All humans are not African trickster. Step with your white supremacist behind.

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by I'll Sleep When You're Dead:

Betty once said in a post long ago "Black people are easily manipulated". He is simply dumping out messages that "Diop" and "Nkrumah" are uncle Toms to fuel your reactions. This guy knows Diop & Nkrumah are strong Black men who's legacies are VERY useful to the fight against racism/white-supremacy.

There is nothing wrong with anybody marrying anybody as long as both partners know where they stand. Justice or Injustice?

Now I know you are joking. "Black people are easily manipulated" and it affects the black man more. I wonder why is that?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original character of Uncle Tom was a black slave who only 'appeared' to be subserviant to whites only to protect himself and those he cared about. Of course he did not faver whites over himself or his own people.

Perhaps the better phrase is "Uncle Ruckus":

-

LOL

But seriously though, what does this topic have to do with the subject of this forum?

Posts: 26265 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hotep2u
Member # 9820

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hotep2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings:

Bettyboo wrote:
quote:
You know I'm disgusted how you people keep defending these African leaders with white women. Only black men will do such a thing. Every other race is protective of their women except the black man. You people are seriously sick in the head with all these excuses. There were more than enough African women who shared their views and would have supported them, but they (African leaders) still choose to marry white. This disease only affects black men and why is that? Do you really think there are not other women in the world that shares the same views of other leaders? There are more than enough of them. You still don't see these leaders marrying out of their race. Trust me, these African leaders could have found a wife from their own country but they can't resist the white women so they sold out. Until I see other leaders in the world marrying out of their race then I will be convinced. You people need to stop being in denial and stop acting like your senses don't work. By the way, that Egyptian woman was WHITE you can't be that naive and think otherwise. Stop trying to justify these sellouts. It makes you look weak.
It is very RARE to find Afrikan women who study the pan-Afrikan thought.
Today the European woman is the ALPHA FEMALE of humanity she sets the standards of beauty that most females especially Afrikan women go through great lengths to emulate, even frying the hair with acids like Lye to get the straight texture and blonde color, so if the Afrikan woman is chasing the European womans standards of beauty then she is teaching the Afrikan male to seek beauty first from European women so don't blame the Afrikan men for learning from their women.
Bettyboo study Afrikan history and you will find that many Afrikan groups were heavily ruled or influenced by women so the early Afrikan woman did not need protection because she was the Protector, now when the more warlike Patriarchal groups moved in, the groups with less warlike tendencies were destined to find themselves in negative situations.

Hotep

Posts: 477 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hotep2u:
Greetings:

Bettyboo wrote:
quote:
It is very RARE to find Afrikan women who study the pan-Afrikan thought.
Today the European woman is the ALPHA FEMALE of humanity she sets the standards of beauty that most females especially Afrikan women go through great lengths to emulate, even frying the hair with acids like Lye to get the straight texture and blonde color, so if the Afrikan woman is chasing the European womans standards of beauty then she is teaching the Afrikan male to seek beauty first from European women so don't blame the Afrikan men for learning from their women.
Bettyboo study Afrikan history and you will find that many Afrikan groups were heavily ruled or influenced by women so the early Afrikan woman did not need protection because she was the Protector, now when the more warlike Patriarchal groups moved in, the groups with less warlike tendencies were destined to find themselves in negative situations.

Hotep

This is such bologne. African women don't wear blonde hair and African women "fry" their hair because black men don't like it in its natural state. They are not trying to look white they are just trying to look good for the black man.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a non-black person, even I am embarassed with what's being post here. Seriously, this is Egyptsearch NOT a forum to vent black issues (and Betty you definitely got some issues).

But just a couple of cents, some African countries have been deeply affected by European colonialism culturally, socially, as well as psychologically. Which is why it is no wonder even some countries like Ghana have women who still bleach their skin all to give themselves a "white" look!

Of course Africa is not the only victim, even in countries that have not actually been colonized, there people who have fallen under the ridiculous spell of favoring a "Western" (white) look. In Korea and Japan, women are getting plastic surgery to look more "caucasian". Now intermarriage with white women is rare, but only because there really aren't that many white women and especially in the case of Japan, marrying outside ones culture is not that favored.

Posts: 26265 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
As a non-black person, even I am embarassed with what's being post here.

Agreed, and as a black person you can imagine how embarrassing this is to me.

It wouldbe more embarrassing if Betty B wasn't just Masquerading as an afro-american, but she is. She's raelly a white-bitch, who pisses me off, really bad. [Mad]

Someone above made a good comment about black women who are into africana, but what really pisses me off is that I *love* black women visually ofcourse, and personality wise when they don't have bad issues.

Including black skin and hair. Especially hair, unfortunately though, is they've/we've been taught to be embarrased by it. I was watching In Living Color one day, nd 3 hair straigtening products came on in a row [Eek!] ! It is to the point where it's sickening and disgusting. [Frown]

Guys, don't even pay Betty any attention, she would wan't you to hate on great Black men;

Think about it: Why is it always talked about, or why do they always talk about the successfuls, when plenty more thugz and infact our whole culture holds European features as beautiful? Check out tha RAP videos! Couple of years ago, I saw more 'dark-skin' females in ROCK and COUNTRY MUSIC videos than in hip-hop. I see them now, but mainly as hoochi-mamas. [Eek!]
quote:
Seriously, this is Egyptsearch NOT a forum to vent black issues (and Betty you definitely got some issues).

But just a couple of cents, some African countries have been deeply affected by European colonialism culturally, socially, as well as psychologically. Which is why it is no wonder even some countries like Ghana have women who still bleach their skin all to give themselves a "white" look!

Of course Africa is not the only victim, even in countries that have not actually been colonized, there people who have fallen under the ridiculous spell of favoring a "Western" (white) look. In Korea and Japan, women are getting plastic surgery to look more "caucasian". Now intermarriage with white women is rare, but only because there really aren't that many white women and especially in the case of Japan, marrying outside ones culture is not that favored.

JMT
Member # 12050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They are not trying to look white they are just trying to look good for the black man. [/QB]

...by bleeching their hair and skin. This makes no sense. And oxymoronic nonetheless.
Posts: 148 | From: Sirius | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Technical Anomaly (What Box):

It wouldbe more embarrassing if Betty B wasn't just Masquerading as an afro-american, but she is. She's raelly a white-bitch, who pisses me off, really bad. [Mad]

Wow, then this chick is suffering from the same mental issues as Mustafino! LOL [Big Grin]
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
[]This is such bologne. African women don't wear blonde hair and African women "fry" their hair because black men don't like it in its natural state. They are not trying to look white they are just trying to look good for the black man.

Why are you constantly lying? There are women who wear their hair natural, from cornrows to Afros and you telling me that black men don't like it? So are you saying that black men like black women only when they look more "white"?

You're obviously trolling, get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by I'll Sleep When You're Dead:

Now I know you are joking. "Black people are easily manipulated" and it affects the black man more. I wonder why is that?
Now I know you're not black. If you are you're te biggest Aunt Jemima that I know, sounds like you're a frustrated Negro crawling back to the plantation.
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:

quote:

Stop the baseless generalizations; it just underlies the fact that you know zip about African history. I can just as easily give you examples of black African bourgeoisie who have black African spouses. Take Patrice Lumumba for example, he had a black African spouse. What about Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Sekou Toure, Julius Nyerere, or Robert Mugabe, just to mention a few.
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by JMT:
quote:

They are not trying to look white they are just trying to look good for the black man.

...by bleeching their hair and skin. This makes no sense. And oxymoronic nonetheless. [/QB]
It makes lots of since. African women don't bleach their hair they bleach their skin to look "lighter" so they can attract men especially African men. I never saw a African with a bleached face that looks white.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com