EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Can we please act mature

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can we please act mature
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this site and I mean that. This is the only site I have encountered where accurate and non bias information on Africa is posted. I find this site unique because it is not clouded by either Euronut or Afronut ideas, but balanced with sharp thinkers, sharp thinkers who want nothing but the truth.

Egyptsearch gives hope to many people around the web. You may not people it but many people around the we use sources directly from Es, I am one of those people. If it wasn't for ES the truth would have not spread around as fast as it is doing. This is a FACT, you don't have to take my words but others.

Now I am hearing that this site may shut down and to be honest it saddens me. It saddens me more is the immature bicking and child like fighting that has been going on. No one is having intellectual conversations or talking about ACTUALLY Egyptology. But instead we have people ruining threads, insults, trolling and beef. If you have a beef with someone or someone insults you just ignore that person. Mod support for this forum is low so we have to work together.

This may be our last on this site, so can we make it the best? Can we end the beefs and ruining each others thread and trolling?

If not leave all the crap in the Ancient Egypt section and leave this section clean.

Thank you.

Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carlos Coke
Member # 19584

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carlos Coke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^What about Egyptsearch reloaded?
Posts: 838 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Son of Ra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by claus3600:
^What about Egyptsearch reloaded?

I don't see that many discussions going on ES Reloaded.
Posts: 1135 | From: Top secret | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Hopefully that will change when this forum shuts down. I admit I'm guilty of not posting in that forum for a long while as well, but I only have time to post in one 'egyptsearch' forum at a time.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ Hopefully that will change when this forum shuts down. I admit I'm guilty of not posting in that forum for a long while as well, but I only have time to post in one 'egyptsearch' forum at a time.

We'll just have to see.
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When will this forum shutdown?
Posts: 2560 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm told in 6 months.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and its not like I haven't heard that before [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this place is about to shut down, is there any way to save all the info?

--------------------
"Kiaga Nata"

Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Son of Dunce

You are a focking hypocrite. When you wrote the note below, were you being mature?

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
Don't mind IronIdiot.

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
Son of Dunce

You are a focking hypocrite. When you wrote the note below, were you being mature?

quote:
Don't mind IronIdiot.

No you were the who first came to this thread acting immature with this albino nonsense attacking my man Djehuti when he said he ain't pale or light skin. No one is being a hypocrite, but you just trolling as usually. I'm not going to entertain you, so I will ignore you. [Smile]
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by HidayaAkade:

I saved most of these infos on one of my sites.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Son of Dunce

quote:
Don't mind IronIdiot.

No you were the who first came to this thread acting immature with this albino nonsense attacking my man Djehuti when he said he ain't pale or light skin. No one is being a hypocrite, but you just trolling as usually. I'm not going to entertain you, so I will ignore you. [Smile]
Son of Dunce

You were caught pants down being immature with your girlie Jay-Hootie aka Mary. Are you embarrassed?

Sorry.... [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
Son of Dunce

quote:
Don't mind IronIdiot.

Son of Dunce

You were caught pants down being immature with your girlie Jay-Hootie aka Mary. Are you embarrassed?

Sorry.... [Big Grin] [Razz]

Out...
naturalborn7
Member # 15598

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for naturalborn7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumors of this site shutting down has been going on since i been visiting this place. Strange thing is i never saw any announcement directly from any credible ES staff member. No stickies are posted about it. Only "I heard". But yet 5 years later since i been visiting this site (literally everyday) it's still here.

My questions are WHY are "the powers that be" shutting down this site?

Who says this site is shutting down?

If this site makes any kind of money, which it seems to... being there are some people who claim to be getting paid per post, what sense would it make TO shut it down?

Trust me it makes no difference because if this site does make money it won't be long before someone else decides to create a simular forum. One which many of the posters here will eventually gravitate to.

It's the owners of ES loss if they actually decide to do so. It practically runs itself with little interference from moderators.

Posts: 142 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HidayaAkade
Member # 20642

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for HidayaAkade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

What is your website?
Posts: 200 | From: Akahara | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Son of Ra
Member # 20401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is your website?
This one...
http://bigmikemanthropologyshow.webs.com/

^^^^I'm not completely done with it yet. But I have saved a lot of info from here onto the blog.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com