EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » I'm beginning think that Niger-Congo languages are more about typology racially

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm beginning think that Niger-Congo languages are more about typology racially
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Than as a valid linguistic category. Languages like Mande just don't fit into the Niger-Congo catebory linguistically but because of shared so called "true Negro" physical morphology I believe they along with bantu languages have been lumped into one Niger-Congo category. Thoughts?
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Troll

Don't be ridiculous, even Fulani, you racist assholes like so much are classified as Niger-Congo.

Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:
^^^Troll

Don't be ridiculous, even Fulani, you racist assholes like so much are classified as Niger-Congo.

Troll? How, I mention Mande language specifically, there is gaining opinion that Mande languages don't belong to Niger-Congo at all but may in fact be its own language family.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amun-Ra The Ultimate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^You're not even a linguist, and you're a racist asshole, so I don't care what you idiot think or wish.
Posts: 2981 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
^^^You're not even a linguist, and you're a racist asshole, so I don't care what you idiot think or wish.

How am I being racist? DId you even grasp what I initially said? I was saying in essence that languages called "Niger-Congo" are likely classed as such based on shared physical characteristics of the people. Indeed at one time Niger-Congo was divided into Negro and Bantu languages
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^The more you talk, the more you sound like a racist idiot. Give it up. You're not a linguist, so shut up for your own sakes.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^^^Troll

I don't believe that he is a racist. I think he has become so confused trying to support European scholarship without making his own evaluation of the research,that he can not accept the fact that everything you read may not be the god-given truth.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Man you're being obtuse, lol
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A statement was made.
No evidence was given.
Without support it is
no more than a private
opinion.

Those doubting existence
or family relationship of
'AsioAfrican' languages
at least attempt to back
up their 'belief' with some
set of linguistic facts.

Still, it is childish to
counter an argument about
languages by calling its
presenter a racist. To do
that shows a complete lack
of the meaning of the word
racist and the struggle
people like Chazz actually
waged against racism back
in the days of its virulence.

You make a joke of the sweat in
toil and the blood shed from those
who battled colonialism, apartheid,
jim crow and other institutional
racisms.

No black man on this board
denied anybody human rights
employment housing education
etc.

You make yourself like unto a
fool when you call any black
contributor to ES racist simply
because you disagree with what
they say. It shows you never once
encountered racism in your life
less lone involved in any fight
against racism, past or present.

Your selfish use of 'racist' is
no more than a wildcard to gain
personal sympathy from emotional
driven readers in lieu of point by
point analysis to dismantle opposing
arguments that you don't like.

What a despicable show of grandstanding.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
http://www.languagesgulper.com/eng/Mande.html

quote:
External Classification: Mande is thought to belong to the Niger-Congo phylum. However, its affiliation to Niger-Congo is disputed and some authors think that it is an independent family. If it does belong to Niger-Congo, it must have separated early from the ancestor language as it doesn't share with the rest of the family the noun-class system.
I was simply saying that I'm beginning to doubt Niger-Congo as a huge language family for reasons like this above.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:
A statement was made.
No evidence was given.
Without support it is
no more than a private
opinion.

Those doubting existence
or family relationship of
'AsioAfrican' languages
at least attempt to back
up their 'belief' with some
set of linguistic facts.

Still, it is childish to
counter an argument about
languages by calling its
presenter a racist. To do
that shows a complete lack
of the meaning of the word
racist and the struggle
people like Chazz actually
waged against racism back
in the days of its virulence.

You make a joke of the sweat in
toil and the blood shed from those
who battled colonialism, apartheid,
jim crow and other institutional
racisms.

No black man on this board
denied anybody human rights
employment housing education
etc.

You make yourself like unto a
fool when you call any black
contributor to ES racist simply
because you disagree with what
they say. It shows you never once
encountered racism in your life
less lone involved in any fight
against racism, past or present.

Your selfish use of 'racist' is
no more than a wildcard to gain
personal sympathy from emotional
driven readers in lieu of point by
point analysis to dismantle opposing
arguments that you don't like.

What a despicable show of grandstanding.

That's ridiculous. You either are racist or you're not. Hitler was maybe one of the worst racist in history, but there's other stupid racists in the world you don't have to look back at the civil right movements. Just consider Rupert Murdoch statement discussed in the other thread in the Ancient Egypt forum. As for the black/white/xyz identity of posters, I judge them by their posts not by what they claim to be.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a very inattentive twister.

SMH. After being told you still have
absolutely no idea of what racism is,
past or present, like I said.

You sound like an 8 year old. Grow up.

Instead of crying like a baby to appeal
to those on your emotional level try
posting the reasoning behind why
Greenberg's Niger-Kordofanian
is not typological.

Everything else you have to say
is worthy of nothing but ridicule
especially your baby-like rants:

"You're racist"
"That's ridiculous"

**** any fool can bark like that

If anything YOU ARE RACIST
for calling black men you
disagree with racists not
because of prejudice or
discrimination or bias
but solely because they
disagree with you

ARtU's definition of racist:
anybody whom I disagree with

How more ridiculous could you be?

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^You're the one who sounds like an 8 year old now.

The racists on this forum are always of the same type: supporting the hamitic race myth based on racist pseudo-science from the 18th Century which has been debunked decades ago. The idea was to create a connection between Ancient Egypt and Eurasian (European, West Asian) but denying the connection between Ancient Egypt and black Africans. It's funny to see them crawl back to where they came from when you mentions E-P2 (E1b1), the common haplogroup lineage between East and West Africans. The fact that Ramses III is E1b1a (common in West Africans and African-Americans) and that both the 18th and 20th royal family cluster with Sub-Saharan African populations on the autosomal STR results also got them running away looking for cover.

To not spot those you would have to be a real imbecile.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quit clowning troll.

If you want to see racism at work
just go to Ancient Egypt forum and
read any posts by Mike111 (not that
he's black because he is not but
dupes blacks emotionally like you
try but fail to do with your weak
trademark "you're racist" ranting,
shut up w/that **** already junior).

No Blacks here are anti-black racists.
Keep proving how a real imbecile operates
also a weasler who shouts 'racist' to hide
his inability to present facts and data
but resorts to emotiona appeal grandstanding
who is totally obtuse and oblivious as far
as what racism is.

You wouldn't know what a racist is if they
were peering through the glass ceiling that
prevents you from rising to the top in your
chosen career while you train the white new
employee who will shortly become your boss.

Challenging Greenberg's linguistic conclusions
is not racism. Quit acting like a dolt and
bring us some linguistic reasoning behind
your disagreement instead of derailing the
thread topic by going on and on and proving
you live in a make believe world of your
own who's magic conclusion to any and every
thing you don't like is RACIST just like
the little boy in that gif Beyoku posted.

ARtU: "I don't like the shirt you're wearing. You're a racist!"

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed AMun Ra needs to start laying down some specifics
as to Bass' query. And Bass is a veteran ANTI-RACIST
for well nigh a decade on this and similar boards.
Quit with the wild accusations and put some specifics
on the floor.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
as to Bass' query. And Bass is a veteran ANTI-RACIST
for well nigh a decade on this and similar boards.
Quit with the wild accusations and put some specifics
on the floor.

You know his charge of racism is bogus because I don't see how its racism to suggest that languages classed together as "Niger-Congo" were done to fit stereotypical "True Negro" races, we've seen similar type things happen with Afro-Asiatic when some scholars regarded them as "Caucasoid languages," and put Fulani among Afro-Asiatic over Chadic which is a true Afro-Asiatic language. I simply suggested as an example the classification of Mande Languages as being Niger-Congo as one example. Some scholars consider Mande to be its own language family, just like some scholars contend Songhai is its own language independent of Nilo-Saharan
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Food for thought. Chadic languages were EXCLUDED from "Afro-Asiatic" for this exact same reason....They are spoken by "Negroids" in Sub Saharan Africa and didnt "fit the part."
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree because Fulani is apart of Niger-Congo language and they have what we call "elongated" features. Not very "true Negroid"

Also I always held the idea that Mande language was a very early branch of Niger-Congo. Some linguistics attest to that.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yeah saying Bass is a "racist" is the most ridiculous thing I never IIRC he's "Game Theory" from biodiveristy forum who is well known and is one of the most anti-racist members on that site.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
Food for thought. Chadic languages were EXCLUDED from "Afro-Asiatic" for this exact same reason....They are spoken by "Negroids" in Sub Saharan Africa and didnt "fit the part."

I agree with this, that's why I insist languages be classified based on purely linguistic evidence and not on race or physical characteristics. Indeed, there are still some who insist, albeit a small minority, that Chadic languages are still not Afro-Asiatic because Chadic speakers look "true Negro." At one time all cattle herder/pastoral peoples were said to speak "Hamitic" languages.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BlessedbyHorus:
I disagree because Fulani is apart of Niger-Congo language and they have what we call "elongated" features. Not very "true Negroid"

Also I always held the idea that Mande language was a very early branch of Niger-Congo. Some linguistics attest to that.

If it was indeed a very early offshoot of Niger-Congo why is it so divergent? That Fulani is "Niger-Congo" is attested to, in some respects the Fulani language is said to be "Semi-Bantu" like
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan- aka Enrique Cardova:
as to Bass' query. And Bass is a veteran

Are you talking about this Charlie Bass or the one with periods at both ends?:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002754;p=1

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
That Fulani is "Niger-Congo" is attested to,

Yeah, but Fulani disprove your stupid notion that linguists classify people based on their phenotype. They are linguists not racist forum members with a mind set in the 18th Century. A notion from you alone that was based on a knee-jerk reaction anyway. East African populations don't all look the same (even if they share E-P2/E1b1b in great proportion), not more than West Africans do. Even if you have a relatively small or large AVERAGE for a phenotype it doesn't mean you don't have a great RANGE. This speak to the diversity of African phenotypes in all African populations. This is common sense.
Tukuler
Member # 19944

After cooling I realize the below is what I should've posted

ARtU

C'mon man. You've proven you have skill
enough to go toe to toe against any ES
poster and often enough win.

So why even resort to name calling (racist)
when you can and have presented fully cited
exerpts and charts from the pros while your
opponents put up captionless unsourced stuff?

Just do the same here, please.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
That Fulani is "Niger-Congo" is attested to,

Yeah, but Fulani disprove your stupid notion that linguists classify people based on their phenotype. They are linguists not racist forum members with a mind set in the 18th Century. A notion that was based on a knee-jerk reaction anyway. East African populations don't all look the same (even if they share E-P2/E1b1b in great proportion), not more than West Africans do. Even if you have a relatively small or large AVERAGE for a phenotype doesn't mean you don't have a great RANGE. This speak to the diversity of African phenotypes in all African populations. This is common sense.
Only after serious linguistic studies did they prove Fulani belongs in the Niger Congo family, but even if their language was its own family they are still black people regardless so I don't see your point. Some languages are disputed as being part of families.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:

Still it does say something when my "opponent" post racists (oops, I said the word!) captionless unsourced stuff from the 18th century. Don't you think?

BTW, all the hamitic myth stuff has been debunked and classified as being racist in many (modern) publications. So I'm not the one who put hamitic myth stupidity and racism together in the same sentence. I won't put up with it without calling a spade a spade

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Still it does say something when my "opponent" post racists (oops, I said the word!) captionless unsourced stuff from the 18th century. Don't you think?

BTW, all the hamitic myth stuff has been debunked and classified as being racist in many (modern) publications. So I'm not the one who put hamitic myth stupidity and racism together in the same sentence. I won't put up with it without calling a spade a spade

This guy ^^^^^smh, what did I post that was racist? I simply said that I think that what they class as the Niger-Congo language family was large done and based on racially characteristics. Yes, after more extensive studies languages thought to not be a part of this family due to racial typology have been included in it, but at any rate you have languages like Mande languages which have been shown to be highly divergent to the point that some scholars feel they form an independent language family of their own. Please explain to me how this is racist? The same people are still black whether they speak languages within the same family or not, but in your damn twisted mind all Africans cluster together in one tight unit genetically and linguistically when they is not the case, thus that is why you don't believe in an Afro-Asiatic language family.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
For the first part of your post. Linguist don't classify people based on racist topology from the 18th century (which for some reason you seem to still believe). They use linguistic knowledge and methodology to do so. Only an idiot can't understand this.

quote:
but in your damn twisted mind all Africans cluster together in one tight unit genetically and linguistically when they is not the case, thus that is why you don't believe in an Afro-Asiatic language family.

I knew this was all about a knee-jerk reaction from what I demonstrated in other threads.

Yes, African people share a lot of ancestry but it's very remote but still post-OOA. Since that time they had more than enough time to become their own people.

Is it my fault of most African populations, namely East and West/Southern Africans share the same E-M96 haplogroup? Which they share after the OOA migration? Same thing for various other haplogroups?

Is is my fault if East and West African cluster together autosomally relatively to other human populations?

-

-

This can also can be observed here: LINK

Is is my fault if East and West Africans share ancestry between each others from a time period AFTER the OOA migrations?

You're making too much of a case for a common origin that is ultimately remote but still more recent than the OOA migrations.

All I say is 100% true, but I like to repeat it to piss off racist assholes which used to come to this forum trying to promote the debunked hamitic myth. For example, mentioning E-P2 anger them since this is an haplogroup shared between East and West Africans but not shared with Eurasians and OOA migrants. Same for the genetic distance between populations (especially if you remove the considerable recent Eurasian admixtures in modern East Africans, but even without doing so). I'm just doing that to pissed them off, but in reality, while yes, East and Wet African share a common origin. This common origin is remote, but still AFTER the OOA migrations. Since that time East and West Africans, as well as subgroups from those populations, had more than enough time to become their own people.

All this is also an interest of me, because I'm interested in populations history.

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Well actually Obenga is accused of
racial typology as the basis for his
Egyptien Ancien Copt Negro-Africaine Modern
superphylum, a point that's been
argued back and forth here over
the last decade.

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Well actually Obenga is accused of
racial typology as the basis for his
Egyptien Ancien Copt Negro-Africaine Modern
superphylum, a point that's been
argued back and forth here over
the last decade.

I could understand why people would think that but Obenga's linguistic analysis seems pretty tight (he's a real linguist). But Obenga's Negro-Egyptian language phylum had no bearing on the common E-P2 origin of East and West Africans in North-Eastern Africa. Those are 2 completely different subjects. If Semitic is truly part of the Afro-Asiatic family, and since the Afro-Asiatic homeland is usually placed in Africa, it would only mean that pre-Semitic Eurasian people switched their languages to an African one, which we now know as Afro-Asiatic.

As you can see this has no bearing on the common GENETIC and HISTORICAL origin of both modern East and West Africans in North-Eastern Africa.

Even if the Afro-Asiatic homeland, would be among Eurasian populations in West Asia, it would just means modern East Africans switched languages after their separation from modern West Africans. We know for sure some already did (recently) since some of those populations are Semitic speakers (ethio-semitic).

It's not a biggy for me. This has no effect on the common genetic and historical origin of East and West Africans.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
There has been no reconstructed proto-Niger Congo, you have proto Bantu and proto-Mande, but NO proto Niger Congo.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
.Charlie Bass.

Do you understand what I told you here?:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009132;p=1#000027

You make stupid allegations about me and my positions but then when I answer you, you run for cover.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

If it was indeed a very early offshoot of Niger-Congo why is it so divergent? That Fulani is "Niger-Congo" is attested to, in some respects the Fulani language is said to be "Semi-Bantu" like
I mean is that it would have been an early split and thus it would be distant from the other languages.
 -

Also never heard of Fulani being semi-Bantu. Interesting.

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Charlie Bass

Another interesting topic is that some linguistics believe "Bantu" language may not even be a language. The early linguistic just grouped together words that sounded similar in Africa and thus the Bantu language. Some Bantu's even say they have different origins instead being from southwest Africa. For example the Zulu's state they came from Egypt/North Africa iirc. Kenyan Bantu's also state they come from the Nile Valley. IDK just a topic to look into.

Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

I mean is that it would have been an early split and thus it would be distant from the other languages.
 -

Also never heard of Fulani being semi-Bantu. Interesting.

I was speaking of their language being described as semi-Bantu because of the robust use of noun classes, one the most distinctive characteristics of Niger-Congo languages and Bantu languages in particular.
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^^

Cmon .Charlie Bass. you will really make stupid assessment about me and my positions then run for cover after I answer you? [Big Grin]

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's a fair assessment of the situation. But don't believe a word coming out of this .Charlie Bass. character writings. Double check everything from valid sources. In fact, this goes for every info you get from the web including mine (even if I'm 100% right of course, ok 99.9% right. Let's leave perfection to god [Wink] )
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
^^^

Cmon .Charlie Bass. you will really make stupid assessment about me and my positions then run for cover after I answer you? [Big Grin]

Man you're personal attacks are irritating and I can tell you do not do enough reading on language families:

http://linguistics.byu.edu/classes/ling450ch/reports/niger-congo.html

quote:

ATLANTIC
The Atlantic or Senegalo-Guinean languages have given linguists problems ever since they were first recorded. "Their present distribution, their interrelationships with one another and with other West African languages and the origin of their most salient grammatical features are still subjects of speculation" (Bendor-Samuel 81). The major languages of this group include Fula (with several million speakers scattered across Africa), Wolof (with nearly two million speakers in Senegambia), The Diola cluster (nearly 400,000 speakers mainly in the Casamance province of Senegal), Serer (600,000 speakers near Kaolak in Senegal), and Temne (over 600,000 speakers in Sierra Leone) (Bendor Samuel 81). One of the major "conundrums" about Atlantic languages has to do with the often very Bantu-like class systems which they share with other West African languages. These similarities have earned them the name "semi-Bantu" or "Bantoid." Early scholars thought that these similarities were due in large part to borrowing but more recent study shows that this is due to a class system (Bendor-Samuel 83).

Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
^^^Bottom line, you make false statement about me and my positions and you still running away looking for cover when I answer you.

So what's the point?

I lay down my argumentations to disprove what you said about my argumentations but since you don't have anything to say to contradict them, you fall back to being irritated?

Yes, you're also an idiot because, because the quote above show to us that all Niger-Congo languages are related. Atlantic languages share a class like system with West African languages (at least remnants of it) and with Bantu languages.

I recall, you're the one who made false statements about me and my positions in the post above, which I answered you there:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009132;p=1#000027

Still looking for you to answer it without claiming to be irritated instead. If you don't next time shut the fuk up about me and my positions. You're just trolling. Everything I say is back by facts. What you say is only knee-jerk reactions from a stupid racist who clearly still believes in the hamitic race crap (which is stupid since East and West Africans share a common E-P2 origins in Eastern Africa after the OOA migrations). You have proved it by not answering my reply to you made with ARGUMENTATIONS. You disagree with me not because, you think my argumentation is false, but because of a stupid racist knee-jerk reaction.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you guys quit the ****
and start backing up your
opinions on linguistics
with some intelligence?

Believe it or not some
reader may want to learn
the pro and con points
about the topic and
doesn't give a flying
**** what you two think
of each other personally.

Oh and by the way posting
charts and **** without
posting their captions,
knowing who authored
them, or where to go to
get their full context,
is just a waste of space.

And here I thought you all
wanted to raise the bar and
make EGYPTOLOGY forum a place
where learners can turn to.

~ Ardo ~

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that Mande was in between Niger-Congo and Afro-Asiatic (Berber) which makes snse since they live near by.

The Bambara word for SUN is TLE.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
I read that Mande was in between Niger-Congo and Afro-Asiatic (Berber) which makes snse since they live near by.

At the risk of angering Ardo, this is nonsense. At least provide sources so we can "learn".
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:

Mande was never said to be Berber like, its either its own language family or either its a very divergent member of the so called Niger-Congo family
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

At the risk of angering Ardo, this is nonsense. At least provide sources so we can "learn".

Well this time you attacked the idea
not the man who proffered the idea.
That's the way to do it.

I really don't care if you guys want
to act rude to each other as long
as both parties don't care but I will
enforce decorum if a party requests
it.

RW&B+C is not one to be flippant
and knowing him from before ES
I took offense at you going ad
hominem on him when he did not
a thing to deserve it. He is
one who brings Francophone
sources to us and I miss
that enhancement.

So stop and think, who'd want to
join a bunch of insecure folk who
can't discuss and argue fine points
without acting the ass?

How will ES EGYPTOLOGY attract new
bright talent when the behavior level
is that of sophomores?

That's why I sometimes 'chastise'
the brighter talented such as
yourself from time to time.

Please forgive me, but think of
the forum sometime instead of
just yourself (vs the world).

~ Ardo ~

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amun-Ra The Ultimate
Member # 20039

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
quote:
quote:

Well this time you attacked the idea
not the man who proffered the idea.
That's the way to do it.

I agree it's how it should be done. It should be about argumentation, data and analysis.

Unfortunately, while I'm the one who baited you in this thread, by calling your name, you also fall down to make it personal against me, here painting me as a bad guy. Forcing me to reply to you about that subject. People who know me from the forum, know for many years I was putting up with all kind of racists and idiots on this forum before they start with their bs. Bringing their grievance from one thread to another. My purpose is always about analyzing the true population history and ethnic affiliations of Ancient Egyptians (I wouldn't even want them to be related to black African if they weren't. I prefer authentic history than fake history. Archaeology and more importantly DNA results force me to consider them Africans. Ramses III=E1b1a, 18th dynasty autosomal STR, JAMA, BMJ, DNA Tribes, etc).

Example of past threads:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008330;p=1#000022

Also let's be serious. This is a debate site. If you can't stand the heat, don't stand in the kitchen. My reply to Red in this and the other thread were perfectly fine. Saying somebody has limited genetic knowledge after he made 3 dumb posts in a row, is perfectly fine. His posts simply showed he didn't understand even the basic of haplogroups and he didn't made his posts as questions or fringe theory. All debate forums like politics or sports are like that. If you can stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

But I agree with the general idea of your posts. It should be about data, argumentation and analysis. This is a science site after all (the science of history and egyptology).

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Mande was never said to be Berber like, its either its own language family or either its a very divergent member of the so called Niger-Congo family
Its most likely a VERY EARLY divergent branch of Niger-Congo.
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amun-Ra,

Il y ya une lexuique Francaise- Bambara.

http://jdtr.pagesperso-orange.fr/struc/franbam.htm

The French word for sun is soleil and the Bambara equivalent is Tile.

I did not translate this whole thing. I'm translating something else in secret. It's taking me forever.

This article argues for a relationship between. Nilo-Saharan (Songhay) and Mande.
http://www.academia.edu/3710189/Songhay-mande_convergence_area_Questions_and_frames

Wiki says this:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mande_languages

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com