EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Where in Egypt was each dynasty from?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where in Egypt was each dynasty from?
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a resource to show where (in Egypt) the ruling families from different Egyptian dynasties came from?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Before Chrisna
Cool
Member # 22932

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Before Chrisna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first dynasty was from the south(Sudan), according to the Oxford Dictionary of Egyptology. They also site the mountain of evidence supporting this conclusion. Surprising to me, the book also mentions how some European Scientist refuse to acknowledge the mountain of evidence supporting Ancient Egypt's African/Black beginning and suggest racism is behind such behavior.

According to the Oxford Ashmolean Museum, the second dynasty was established by a Nubian ruler. His images and records are currently displayed in that museum.

I hope that this information was useful.
Peace out!

Posts: 46 | From: Berkeley Ca | Registered: Aug 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Before Chrisna:
[QB] The first dynasty was from the south(Sudan), according to the Oxford Dictionary of Egyptology. They also site the mountain of evidence supporting this conclusion.

what page?
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dynasty by dynasty

Date Dynasty&Origin Monarch + cartouches

pp.175-199
ben Jochannan (1981 edition)
Black Man of the Nile and his Family
pp.140-157 (1972)

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is...confusing. The book says the first dynasty kings came from Thebes, but most accounts I have read said they are from Abydos. So why does he think they were from Thebes?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
That is...confusing. The book says the first dynasty kings came from Thebes, but most accounts I have read said they are from Abydos. So why does he think they were from Thebes?

You should study the Cataracts and Dynasties.

https://www.utdallas.edu/geosciences/nile/cataracts.html

"Many of the sites reveal evidence of important interactions between Nilotic and Saharan groups during the formative phases of the Egyptian Predynastic Period (e.g. Wadi el-Hôl, Rayayna, Nuq’ Menih, Kurkur Oasis). Other sites preserve important information regarding the use of the desert routes during the Protodynastic and Pharaonic Periods, particularly during periods of political and military turmoil in the Nile Valley (e.g. Gebel Tjauti, Wadi el-Hôl)."

https://egyptology.yale.edu/expeditions/past-and-joint-projects/theban-desert-road-survey-and-yale-toshka-desert-survey

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Maybe contacts were made, but I'm confused as to why the first kings would identify with Thebes over Abydos when their ancestors had been ruling from Abydos for hundreds of years.
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Period dynasty city/ethny date

p.2
Hayes (1946)
The Scepter of Egypt

quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:

Dynasty by dynasty

Date Dynasty&Origin Monarch + cartouches

pp.175-199
ben Jochannan (1981 edition)
Black Man of the Nile and his Family
pp.140-157 (1972)

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com