This is topic need name of a candy in forum Eat like an Egyptian at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000088

Posted by doodlebug (Member # 11649) on :

I brought home a few packages of these sticks that are about three inches long and are round and hollow in the middle. Some have sesame seeds on them and some dont. They're wicked sweet and when you have it in your mouth for a while they get all chewy. Kind of tastes like the inside of a heathbar.

Anyone know the name of these things? I want more!!! [Big Grin]

Posted by Tream Lefty (Member # 6244) on :

I am probably wrong, but is it malban?

I don't know what a Heathbar tastes like. [Frown] But these are sweet and chewy. Often have sesame seeds on the outside.

Do any of these pics look like it?

http://www.aldoukan.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=31&ObjectGroup_ID=848

Daggit, that link was just working, but I can't make it work anymore. [Frown]

Posted by Laura (Member # 879) on :

Doodle, I know what you are referring to, but don't know the name. Will ask my husband when he gets home. I love them too! MM!! You buy them in bags which contain about 15 -20 sticks, right?

It's not malban, but that is wonderful too!

Posted by citizen (Member # 1344) on :

I think it' 3asaleyya. There's also simsimeyya (with sesame seeds), humuseyya (with chick peas), sudaneyya (peanuts)...crunchy and then chewy, right?

Posted by doodlebug (Member # 11649) on :

I don't know about chick peas and peanuts but Laura has it right I think. Comes in a package of about twenty or so. I need to find out what the name is so I can either order them online or find a store that sells them here in Boston!!!!!

Posted by Laura (Member # 879) on :

Just asked husband and he said same thing citizen did [Smile] Good luck finding them online Doodle, if I run across a site, will let you know.

Posted by sheba76 (Member # 12165) on :

Ohhhhh I loved those too.

But you know what I really miss? Fateer dipped in black honey. It brings back so many memories of sitting and eating with the family. [Big Grin]

Posted by Muby (Member # 12717) on :

yeah it's called Asalyia, it's so sweet, i like it so much , i used to eat it alot, nice to remmember me again, i'll buy it today [Wink]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com