This is topic micky i need u again... in forum Eat like an Egyptian at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=002036

Posted by tina m (Member # 13845) on :

ok i have this huge pot roast looks sooo good buttt i want to make somethin with gravy and potatoes for my rice.i have tried crok pots before but i wasnt too keen on the taste i need a few recipes that will make me some awesom gravy.. can u help.. i have to leave at 5 am to go to the dentist 3 hrs away sucks to be me huh... well anyways i sure hope u can add a few recipes that would taste good in oven or crock pots...make me sommethin good. and i will try it when i get home..luis called yesterday and he will leave mex. thursday so i will be alone for the rest of the week so i wanna make this to eat on all week.. i am a rice freak.. so make it good hunny.. and u know me i hate veggies. so if u can include some turnip greens in the menu thats fine.. love ya sis..

Posted by Chef Mick (Member # 11209) on :

in the crock pot , put your roast, add 1 cup of water or red wine.1 can of cream of celery or i use cream of mushroom soup.and 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix.
you can add herbs to it also..i just thrown in a rosemary stalk and some fresh thyme. and let it cook till desired doneness..makes the best gravy ever , and you dont need to add flour or anything ..it will automatically turn into some good gravy...trust me on this one...winner every time and so easy

A Southern-style turnip green recipe with salt pork.
Ingredients:

* 4 to 4 1/2 pounds turnip greens
* 1 pound salt pork, rinsed and diced or bacon
* 1 1/2 cups water
* 1 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
* a dash of crushed red pepper, optional

Preparation:
Cut off and discard tough stems and discolored leaves from greens. Wash greens thoroughly and drain well. Cook salt pork in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp and brown. Add the turnip greens, water, onion, sugar, pepper, and crushed red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until greens are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve with vinegar or pepper sauce and cornbread.
Serves 6.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com