This is topic Cory Booker Baby Bonds proposal to reduce the racial wealth gap for young adults in forum Deshret at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=012973

Posted by the lioness, (Member # 17353) on :

VOX article title:

Study: Cory Booker’s baby bonds nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults

(linked on Cory Booker's website)

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/1/21/18185536/cory-booker-news-today-2020-presidential-election-baby-bonds

Posted by Thereal (Member # 22452) on :

Interesting article but you didn't comment,are you just dumping info?

I'm placing it

not dumping it

I am new to the idea in this article
If I feel something is an important topic I feel like posting ASAP, regardless of if I have personally digested it yet and formed an opinion

Posted by Ase (Member # 19740) on :

quote:
It’s a pretty stark divide: Zewde estimates that in 2015, the median white person aged 18 to 25 had a net worth of $46,000. The median black person, by contrast, had a median net worth of $2,900. That’s a ratio of 15.9: White young people were nearly 16 times richer than their black counterparts.
Median wealth between 18-25 year olds may be that high, but when factoring older whites, that wealth gap more than doubles. Inevitably, the wealth of older whites will be transferred to whites presently 18-25. While his plan might offer some relief, it would not almost close the wealth gap. It sounds like they assume the money older whites have will just disappear and that only the wealth younger whites have will remain.

Posted by Tyrannohotep (Member # 3735) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ase:
quote:
It’s a pretty stark divide: Zewde estimates that in 2015, the median white person aged 18 to 25 had a net worth of $46,000. The median black person, by contrast, had a median net worth of $2,900. That’s a ratio of 15.9: White young people were nearly 16 times richer than their black counterparts.
Median wealth between 18-25 year olds may be that high, but when factoring older whites, that wealth gap more than doubles. Inevitably, the wealth of older whites will be transferred to whites presently 18-25. While his plan might offer some relief, it would not almost close the wealth gap. It sounds like they assume the money older whites have will just disappear and that only the wealth younger whites have will remain.
Agreed.

Not to mention, a lot of young people across races are already dependent on their elders nowadays. There's a reason they call us the "Boomerang Generation". In large part, this is because it's ridiculously hard in this day and age for us to make enough money to afford living on our own away from our parents. Even finding a decent job in the first place isn't easy. This can be a problem even for young white dudes like myself, though I'm sure people of color have it even worse for reasons we all know very well.

Booker’s plan would offer all newborns $1,000, and then add up to $2,000 annually for children in low-income households. By age 18, that could add up to serious money; Booker’s team estimates that for kids from lowest-income families, the nest egg would average some $46,000.

depending on parental income, kids would get up to $2,000 added to their account every year. A kid in a family of four earning over $126,000 would get nothing, but everyone under that would get an annual contribution of up to $2,000 (with the highest amount reserved for families below the poverty line).

Zewde estimates it as costing roughly $82 billion a year. “It would cost less than the tax expenditure on excluding pension contributions from taxable incomes,” she writes, “or the tax expenditure on the preferential tax rates given to income from capital gains and dividends.”

-

https://www.povertycenter.columbia.edu/news-internal/2019/

this is the claim, it doesn't solve everything but do you support it ?

It seems less contentious than reparations, more potential comparatively to be considered by the powers that be in America

Posted by Ish Gebor (Member # 18264) on :

Booker’s plan is an insult to the Black American experience.

-

this is an economic plan

What's the problem?

Compare some other candidate

Just giving us money isn't going to solve the issue we have as are whole social relationships was rearranged to benefit European domination over us. Why do you think the brightest amongst us seem incapable of improving are condition despite their academic achievements? The 40 acres and mule was more than a means to be self sufficient in then U.S it was the building block of being a powerful group here,the issues that affects us wherever we call home in the Americas is land or money woes.

quote:
Originally posted by Thereal:
Just giving us money isn't going to solve the issue we have as are whole social relationships was rearranged to benefit European domination over us. Why do you think the brightest amongst us seem incapable of improving are condition despite their academic achievements? The 40 acres and mule was more than a means to be self sufficient in then U.S it was the building block of being a powerful group here,the issues that affects us wherever we call home in the Americas is land or money woes.

Reality check

Cory Booker is a man of African descent. There is a presidential election coming up 2020.

If one of the other candidates are not supported by the voters Trump will be president for another 4 years.

Cory Booker has an economic proposal. It's called Baby Bonds

The question is if this is a better economic policy than the other candidates have

Posted by Fourty2Tribes (Member # 21799) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:

This

As Ann Coulter and Claude Anderson would say, America does not owe immigrants, women or hunchbacks anything.

quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
quote:

This

As Ann Coulter and Claude Anderson would say, America does not owe immigrants, women or hunchbacks anything.

-

Thomas so well is a educated moron,he only mentioned the U.S despite Africans coming to the whole of the Americas and the history of slavery amongst white folks doesn't have the same societal or worldly impact as it does amongst African people.

-

As the 2020 Democratic candidates campaign to secure support from black Americans — a voter segment that will play a crucial rule in choosing the party’s next nominee — reparations for the descendants of enslaved men and women has emerged as something of a litmus test.

The big picture: Many of the candidate have voiced their support for some form of reparations to redress the legacies of slavery and discrimination, but not all are embracing the issue in the traditional sense (direct compensation).
Where they stand

Sen. Cory Booker: Booker introduced a Senate companion version of a House bill by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas.) that would establish a commission to study the impact of slavery and continuing discrimination against black Americans, and make recommendations on reparation proposals for descendants of slaves. Former Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) was first to introduce
legislation in 1989;

Sen. Kamala Harris: Harris said in an interview on "The Breakfast Club" in February that she supports government reparations for black Americans. Harris told NPR's "Morning Edition" last month that the term reparations "means different things to different people," and that allocating funds for mental health treatment would be one form of reparations.

Sen. Bernie Sanders: In 2016, Sanders was dismissive of reparations, saying, "First of all, its likelihood of getting through Congress is nil. Second of all, I think it would be very divisive."

During an appearance last month on "The View," Sanders doubled down on his position: "I think that right now, our job is to address the crises facing the American people and our communities, and I think there are better ways to do that than just writing out a check."
However, on April 5, Sanders told Rev. Al Sharpton that, if elected, he would support Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee's bill, setting up a commission to study reparations. "If the House and Senate pass that bill of course I would sign it ... There needs to be a study," Sanders said the National Action Network conference.

Julián Castro: The former San Antonio mayor and housing secretary under President Obama has arguably been the most vocal candidate on this issue. Castro said he would create a commission to study reparations and determine the best policy proposal.

Castro notably took shot at Sanders by name in an interview last month on CNN, saying: "It’s interesting to me that when it comes to 'Medicare for All,' health care, you know, the response there has been, 'We need to write a big check.' That when it comes to tuition-free or debt-free college, the answer has been that we need to write a big check."

Sen. Amy Klobuchar: In an interview on NBC’s 'Meet the Press' last month, Klobuchar said: "I believe we have to invest in those communities that have been so hurt by racism. It doesn't have to be a direct pay for each person, but what we can do is invest in those communities. Acknowledge what’s happened. ... Making sure we have that shared dream of opportunity for all Americans."

Sen. Elizabeth Warren: She tweeted in support of Jackson Lee's bill last month, saying: "Slavery is a stain on America & we need to address it head on. I believe it’s time to start a national, full-blown conversation about reparations. I support the bill in the House to support a congressional panel of experts so that our nation can do what’s right & begin to heal."

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand: She said at Al Sharpton's National Action Network's annual convention last week that she supports legislation to study reparations. "This is a conversation that is long overdue," she said.

Beto O'Rourke: Like Sanders, O’Rourke has been less enthusiastic about reparations, but said he supports Jackson Lee's bill.

Marianne Williamson: The best-selling author is the only candidate, despite her long-shot bid, to present a plan with specifics. She proposed $100 billion in reparations or $10 billion a year to be distributed over 10 years for economic and educational projects , Williamson told CNN in January.

Flashback: Neither Barack Obama, the country’s first black president, and Hillary Clinton voiced support for reparations.

"I fear reparations would be used as an excuse for some to say we’ve paid our debt and to avoid the much harder work" of enforcing anti-discrimination laws in employment and housing, lifting people out of poverty, improving public education and rehabilitating young men coming out of prison.

Clinton did not directly answer when asked in 2016 if she supports it.

"I think we should start studying what investments we need to make in communities to help individuals and families and communities move forward. And I am absolutely committed to that. There are some good ideas out there. There’s an idea in the Congressional Black Caucus about really targeting federal dollars to communities that have had either disinvestment or no investment, and have had years of being below the poverty level. That’s the kind of thing I’d like us to focus on and really help lift people up."

-

Marianne Williamson on reparations: 'Anything less than $100 billion is an insult'

Williamson suggested creating a council to oversee the disbursement of funds to programs that benefit descendants of slaves, saying the money could be distributed as "they see fit."

“We should have a reparations council, board of trustees as it were, selecting this counsel – very, very significant because it has to be a board of trustees ... [that] white America trusts and black America trusts,” the Democratic candidate told Hill.TV.

Williamson said the need for reparations is crucial to healing the nation's racial divide, saying most Americans remain “undereducated” about the “real history of race.”

“I don’t think the average American is a racist — actually, I don’t at all,” she said. “But I do think the average American is vastly undereducated, underinformed about the real history of race in the United States.”

Williamson is one of the most outspoken supporters of reparations, but a handful of Democratic hopefuls have also expressed support for the idea.

Democratic Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y), Kamala Harris (Calif), Elizabeth Warren (Mass.) and Beto O'Rourke (Texas) have all voiced some level of support for reparations, saying the issue should be further reviewed. Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J). this month introduced legislation to study granting reparations to African Americans.

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro, who is also running for the Democratic nomination, has said that he would not rule out reparations.

"We have never fully addressed in this country the original sin of slavery and because of that we have never truly healed as a country," Castro said during a CNN town hall last week.

Still, the topic remains an area of much debate among Democrats running for president in 2020.

In response to a question on whether he would support a reparation plan, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said recently that there are "better ways" than "just writing a check."

“I think that right now, our job is to address the crises facing the American people and our communities, and I think there are better ways to do that than just writing out a check,” Sanders said during an appearance on ABC's "The View" last month.

-

Marianne Williamson: The best-selling author is the only candidate, despite her long-shot bid, to present a plan with specifics. She proposed $100 billion in reparations or $10 billion a year to be distributed over 10 years for economic and educational projects , Williamson told CNN in January.

This is the only candidate who put a dollar amount on reparations.

MY QUESTIONS

1) Marianne Williamson is a long shot candidate who has run for political office but had never been in one.
Her proposal is not direct payments to individuals buts she is the only candidate to state a dollar amount for reparations.
Non-Blacks might figure "this might be justice for past wrongs but it's not going to help me it's just going to raise my taxes"
If the Democratic candidate with highest chance to win came out with
a specific dollar amount for reparations, something minimum 100 Billion could they still win
or would that make them lose?

2) Suppose you are voting in the Democratic elections. Suppose the candidate you plan to vote for comes out tomorrow and says they have a plan for reparations for specific amount of money like 100 Billion or more
and because of this you were convinced they would then lose for sure. Would you still vote for them on principal?

I'm asking this because if it is true having a concrete plan for reparations would make a candidate lose the nomination if we look at
Cory Booker's plan it is the type of plan that might reduce the income gap in America to some extent but seems to have a greater chance of being supported by the majority.

Of course the question is not that relevant to anyone planning on not voting or voting for some candidate who is not a Democrat

This is the breakdown.

"Shawn Rochester; "The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America​" | Talks at Google"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3o8uHVkKQ&t=1s

-

Thanks for the video.👍👍👍

^ You're welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -

this is an economic plan

What's the problem?

Compare some other candidate

Black Americans specifically have been targeted, terrorized and left out of cumulating wealth as a group (existing out od individuals).

So this "everybody (every American)" thing is getting on Black Americans nerve. And rightfully so.

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with the
Black Codes;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with Convict Leasing;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with Share Cropping;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with Redlining;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with the Southern Strategy;

Not every American was targeted like the Black community with Gerrymandering;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with the Three Strikes Law;

Not "every American" was targeted like the Black community with the "School to Prison Pipeline system". etc.. and many more that not "every American" was targeted with, like the Black community.

quote:

"However, the impressive number of Black farmers and rural landowners would drastically decrease over the 20th century. During that century, so often touted as being a groundbreaking Black civil rights movement, some 600,000 Black farmers were forced off their lands. The Nation reported that by 1975, only 45,000 Black-owned farmers remained."

~Mintpressnews
https://www.mintpressnews.com/vast-amounts-land-stolen-black-americans/229427/

quote:

"Possible mass grave from 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre found by researchers"

Experts at the University of Oklahoma believe they have found a possible mass grave site from the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre at a city cemetery, although they are unsure how many bodies are underneath.

Geophysical scanning identified two spots at the Oaklawn Cemetery that might bear bodies of those killed in the city's race riots almost 100 years ago, Scott Hammerstedt, a senior researcher for the Oklahoma Archeological Survey, said Monday at a public hearing in Tulsa."

~Nbcnews
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-grave-1921-tulsa-race-massacre-found-researchers/story?id=67776560

“Average White high school dropout earns more than Black college grad”

https://rollingout.com/2017/08/13/average-white-high-school-dropout-earns-more-than-black-college-grad/

“White high school dropouts are wealthier than black and Hispanic college graduates. Can a new policy tool fix that?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/03/10/white-high-school-dropouts-are-wealthier-than-black-and-hispanic-college-graduates-can-a-new-policy-tool-fix-that/?utm_term=. 163752ffec6e

“White High School Drop-Outs Are As Likely To Land Jobs As Black College Students”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/06/27/white-high-school-drop-outs-are-as-likely-to-land-jobs-as-black-college-students/

“Black Men Need More Education Than White Men to Get Jobs”

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/08/black-men-need-more-education-to-get-the-same-jobs/375770/

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
quote:

This

-
Thomas typed gobbledegook nonsense.

1) Reparations/ restitution is an American (13 colonies, 50 (52) States) affair, that has enriched white people and European nations.

2) After slavery there was 13 years of Reconstruction era, followed by the Jim Crown era that ended in 1965, followed by the Souther Strategy.

3) Europeans who went to North Africa did so to go and enslave North Africans, like they did with West- and Central Africans.

4) The Ottoman Empire has nothing to do with Africa, for the mere fact that they have colonized parts of Africa as well. They even were part of the Berlin Conference. They received some parts of North Africa.

Meanwhile this was given to white, simply for being white:

quote:

"By an order of 7 Apr. 1773 the Privy Council stopped further grants of land by the colonial governors, and by an order of 3 Feb. 1774 the same body set forth a plan for subsequent disposition of lands-namely, by auction-and abrogated the previous methods, such as the long-standing importation or headright system by which fifty acres of land were assigned to an individual for each person imported and settled by that individual in America."

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Jefferson/01-01-02-0086

quote:

“New settlers who paid their way to Virginia received 50 acres of land. However, most of the workers who arrived in Virginia were indentured servants, people who pledged to perform five to seven years of labor.”

[...]

“Details of the Headright System

Individuals who could afford it would accumulate land by paying for poor individuals to travel to Virginia. In the 1600s, the cost was roughly 6 pounds per person, or approximately $215 today. This system led to the development of indentured servitude.”

https://study.com/academy/lesson/headright-system-definition-lesson-quiz.html

quote:

"The Homestead Act not only encouraged migration by Americans but immigrants from Europe as well. The U.S. government provided 160 acres of land often taken from Native peoples to immigrants who declared intent to become citizens and willingness to farm on the land for five years. Emigration societies operating in Europe and the eastern United States promoted migration and the benefits of citizenship."

https://americanhistory.si.edu/many-voices-exhibition/peopling-expanding-nation-1776–1900/european-immigration/land-and-opportunity

Posted by Gregws (Member # 23174) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Gregws:
Anglo Saxons from north Europe where harvested for sex slaves / breeding by Romans in 500 AD.

In 1400 AD more Anglo Saxons where either killed or harvested from North America.

The Catholic Religion is a religion from Egypt.

Anglo Saxons, is code name for Sex Angels.

There are no more Anglo Saxons, they have really been the highest priced slaves in the world.

Look at article about what made traders so rich in the 1500s of America. White Slaves.

year 1751
Ben Franklin asked, Why plant the sons of African in the Americas?, Europe has slave labor a lot cheaper then ever in America.
He then said that the African Salve is a Thief by Nature.

You are off topic. This topic is about American history and the racial wealth gap .

There were no white slaves in American, only convicts and people who freely came to the USA. However both were indentured servants who received payment, a home and land after 8 to 10 years.

quote:
"LIn 1615, English courts began to send convicts to the colonies as a way of alleviating England's large criminal population.”

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/Convict_Labor_During_the_Colonial_Period

https://americanhistory.si.edu/many-voices-exhibition/peopling-expanding-nation-1776–1900/european-immigration/land-and-opportunity

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/criminal-transportation/

Men, women, and sometimes children signed a contract with a master to serve a term of 4 to 7 years.”
https://www.stratfordhall.org/educational-resources/teacher-resources/indentured-servants/

“New settlers who paid their way to Virginia received 50 acres of land. However, most of the workers who arrived in Virginia were indentured servants, people who pledged to perform five to seven years of labor.”
[...]
Individuals who could afford it would accumulate land by paying for poor individuals to travel to Virginia. In the 1600s, the cost was roughly 6 pounds per person, or approximately $215 today. This system led to the development of indentured servitude.”

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/indentured_servants_in_colonial_virginia

quote:
This opus sectile image is in Westminster Cathedral, very rare online photo...

https://www.english.op.org/images/blogs/godzdogz/2014/05/Gregory-Angles-Westminster-Cathedral.jpg

Pope Gregory or St Augustine must be the one dressed in white cloth, as if he did labor, you would see dirt on his robes. So who do you think St. Augustine is?

The darker color cloths would not show soils / dust, Dark color robes would be for the monks that where servants to the Pope, Bishop or Archbishops.

The End Land, End of Land, England, conquered by rome. Rome took many slaves...

About this photo.

Pope St Gregory sends St Augustine

St Bede the Venerable recounts the scene shown above, of Gregory the Great (although not yet pope) encountering some Anglo-Saxon slaves in the Roman market:

"Therefore to tell truly, it was before his pontificate, when there came to Rome some of our nation who were fair of form having blond curls. Those with him heard that they had come, now saw how he delighted in seeing them . . . . He questioned them as to whose people they were . . . . When they replied: 'We are those who are spoken of as Angles', he said, 'You are angels of God'. Then he said: 'What is the name of the king of these people'. And they said: 'Aelle', and he said: 'Alleluia, for God ought now to be praised. What is the tribe's name to which you belong?' And they said: 'Deira'. And he said: 'They shall flee from the wrath of God (De ira) to faith'."

Gregory had thought to evangelize England himself, but being able to on account of his election to the papacy, he sent his fellow Benedictine, Augustine, with a band of thirty monks.

St Augustine of Canterbury, whose feast we celebrate today (27 May) arrived on 596, and his mission was blessed by God when he baptised King Ethelbert in 597.

This opus sectile image is in Westminster Cathedral.

1) What has the above to do with the topic?

2) It's not a photo, but a painting.

3) That painting says nothing. The best you can get out of it is that he liked the boy, perhaps little bit too much. Considering the fact that it's the Catholic Church.

4) Since you want to play games,...

-

quote:
Look up reported deaths in the Logging industries of the USA for the last 500 years.

Why don't you show sources. I am sure you are familiar with the legend "John Henry".

quote:

Last year, over 4,000 deaths related to logging industry.
in the early 1900s of US history 400,000 deaths in 2 years, just from California. white males leave behind white offspring.

In the early1900s dozed of thriving Black communities were attacked and terrorized by white males. They confiscated black wealth and property.

None of these white males were ever persecuted and brought to justice!

quote:
Look at all the slave labor of young white males working at age 6 to death.

What young white males are you talking about, what slave labor? lol smh Stop pulling this crap out of your nasty behind.

quote:
Who many Africans died picking cotton in the last 500 years??

Africans didn't only pick cotton. They built infrastructure, houses, agriculture etc. A lot died, and most died during the middle passage. That number runs in the millions.

quote:
More African populating grows, not declined, as the Africans did not die from blunt force trauma or by black lungs.

Well, perhaps you need to read the osteological studies before you make these funny claims. There is overwhelming evidence that enslaved Africans suffered tremendously!

Perhaps you need to read a book and educate yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl2AplVEu50

Medical scholar Harriet Washington joins us to talk about her new book, "Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present." The book reveals the hidden underbelly of scientific research and the roots of the African American health deficit. It also examines less well-known abuses and looks at unethical practices and mistreatment of blacks that are still taking place in the medical establishment today.

-

quote:
Why is it that the US history books in DC was burned down 2 times, 1802 and 1851?
All US recorded History.

1) If that happened, who did it.

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/the-burning-of-washington

2) Does Eugenics ring a bell?

3) We have suffering data, that can be reconstructed.

4) A Brief History of African Americans and Forests.

quote:
On the Texas coast in November 1528, a violent storm washed ashore two small boats, the remnants of an ill-fated Spanish expedition. The sixteen survivors who made it ashore included Esteban, a black slave born in Morocco. Esteban was the first African to set foot in what would become Texas and the western United States.

[…]

Africans were a part of forest industries from the earliest colonial days. Just forty years after Esteban arrived in North America, the Spanish of St. Augustine began importing slaves from Havana for sawing timber in 1565. The early sawmills were no more than huge pits where one man stood at the top and another at the bottom as they sawed great logs into planks. In the British colonies slave labor cleared, logged, sawed timber, and worked in the naval stores industries.

Enslaved Africans (native Americans were also enslaved) cleared much of the forest for Southern agriculture. As woods workers, slaves worked as loggers and producers of naval stores.

quote:
I can go on, but it may not make sense to you.

I can go on as well, but you don't respond. You have the tendencey to run away like a little bitch and never answer a thing, let alone show EVIDENCE. lol

quote:

Jim Crow Laws, was a law from Egypt to protect the slaves.

Jim Crow Laws mean that Black people had no equal rights. And Egypt has nothing to do with this topic.

quote:

Only the alchemist may breed whites and blacks,

??? lol

quote:

But a rebellion happed.

Yes, that’s true, and it started in Haiti.

quote:

Like the Sunni and Shia Muslims argue over why laws give rights.

This topic has nothing to do with Sunni and Shia Muslims. These people argue over religious beliefs.

quote:
TREATY ESTABLISHING A CONSTITUTION

TREATY: The Treaty ended the state of war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_United_States

CONSTITUTION: The set of political principles by which a state or organization is governed, especially in relation to the rights of the people it governs

https://europa.eu/european-union/sites/europaeu/files/docs/body/treaty_establishing_a_constitution_for_europe_en.pdf

The Constitution of Japan
(Shinjitai: 日本国憲法 Kyūjitai: 日本國憲法 Nihon-Koku Kenpō) is the fundamental law of Japan. It was enacted on 3 May 1947, as a new constitution for a post-war Japan.

Constitution of Japan - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org

[Roll Eyes]

As per your wiki page:

Domestically, the Articles of Confederation was failing to bring unity to the diverse sentiments and interests of the various states.[b] Although the Treaty of Paris (1783) was signed between Great Britain and the U.S., and named each of the American states, various states proceeded blithely to violate it. New York and South Carolina repeatedly prosecuted Loyalists for wartime activity and redistributed their lands.[17]

Look up Crispus Attucks. [Big Grin]

-

quote:
I not a little bitch.

Says the micro-bitch… who's being stomped on constantly. [Big Grin]

Here, let me bash you some more.

The hidden links between slavery and Wall Street

This month marks 400 years since enslaved Africans were first brought to what is now the United States of America. Slavery was officially abolished in the US in 1865, but historians say the legacy of slavery cannot be untangled from its economic impact.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49476247

Well, Dr. Claude Anderson and Shawn Rocheste did it.

Dr. Claud Anderson Discusses America's Race Based Society, PowerNomics + More….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW39KOf_f04

"Shawn Rochester; "The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black In America​" | Talks at Google".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w3o8uHVkKQ&t=1s

Keep running, bitch.

You keep running away and not facing the questions. lol

quote:
People of today in Africa, Researchers from Africa claim, the middle class in Africa save more money then Europeans and Americans.
They claim Africans are richer, that live in Africa.

Show me the documentation. In terms of raw materials and prospectus they are indeed more wealthy, but not in terms of economic prosperity. At least not yet.

quote:

But the USA Gov. send every tribe in Africa Hundreds of millions in Food, supplies and money every year.
Americans no have 23 trillion US debit problems.

Africa doesn't need food supplies. African has rich prosperous soil. Africa needs fair trading deals. Can you do that?

That little bit of money they send is meaningless and merely symbolic. Francophone countries were forced to pay hundreds upon hundreds of billions in colonial taxes for decades, you lying bitch. Money they could have used to built up their countries, you lying bitch.

quote:

Even Canada get Aid last year of 32 million dollars.

That is meaningless, when they take resources from Africa. It's merely symbolic. African nations are now cutting off ties with these exploiting western nations, you lying bitch.

Btw, what has this ranting you do to do with the topic at hand, you lying bitch? lol smh

quote:
Not sure what you be talking about.

Britx is the Brits quitting the EU and joining the AU African Union.

The EU / African Summits for the last few years is all about London making trade laws with Africa.

You seem kind of stupid.
Or playing hid and seek.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=EU%20AU%20Summit&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=eu%20au%20summit&sc=2-12&sk=&cvid=C40D913790EE4686B14EA267308BC758

Now you quickly jump to Brexit. lol Only to be destroyed again.

Africa doesn't want the U.K. in the mix. Even the quadroon Meghan Markel left the U.K. and many West Indians are being treated horribly in the U.K. , so why exactly would the African Union want the U.K. in the mix? They have a toxic history. The U.K. and European nations in general have very little to offer to Africa.

What you are referring at is the common wealth bank, common wealth of nations. Africans don't want that no longer.

I am still waiting for you to respond to my questions. lol

quote:
Even China is donation 60 Billion bucks x2 to help the larges population in the world to build cities.

1.3 billion Blacks in Africa.
This is not counting all the other Africans around the world.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=china+is+donation+60+billion+bucks&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=4d423896ccde4c0589e8c462dc786b87&refig=db33e2b3d6604d29e56b068e9525bed8&cc=US&setlang=en-US& elv=AXK1c4IvZoNqPoPnS%21QRLONcJsB4lzadub%21iWlEkYQ8QQU*%21bL76gaSvQ*5sBexeiV3FlsOOA7V*SZlBvs9vIybqu254N4g%21CnivjDHX5ZKA&plvar=0

That is another dumb insertion by you. China is there for business. It not a donation,it's an exchange. They put money in the bag and in exchange can have resources. That is how trade works.

And all this stuff you post has nothing to do with the topic about Reparations for Black Americans, to what was done to them and still is being done.

So what if there are 1.3 billon Blacks in Africa. It's the African continent after all. Duh. And yes, globally they make up the youngest population as well.

Next you come up with more derailing of the topic, only to be bashed in the head again.

quote:
But yet Africans in the USA have more rights then the (what's left) white races.

It blows my mind as to have the majority can be called a minority [Smile]

Who is the majority vs the minority? Show demographics.

What rights do Blacks have more than Whites and how does that transpire in law enforcement and elsewhere in society?

Explain how it is that white cops can kill Blacks with impunity?

Explain why Black males make up the largest percentage of prisoners, over misdemeanors, non-violent offenses, and even false accusations?

etc.

quote:
African Americans are more frequently stopped, searched, arrested, and convicted—including in cases in which they are innocent. The extreme form of this practice is systematic racial profiling in drug-law enforcement. pp. 20-21
http://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Documents/Race_and_Wrongful_Convictions.pdf

quote:
“Comparing Black and White Drug Offenders: Implications for Racial Disparities in Criminal Justice and Reentry Policy and Programming”
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5614457/

quote:

”Similarly, the vast majority of counties arrest blacks at a higher rate than whites, with some having a disparity of greater than 10 to 1:

-

-

The black/white marijuana arrest gap, in nine charts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/04/the-blackwhite-marijuana-arrest-gap-in-nine-charts/

quote:
STUDY: 5 Of 10 Falsely Convicted Prisoners Are African American

The University of Michigan Law School and Northwestern University School of Law worked together to compile the data, for which they collected detailed information on 873 exonerations. Nearly 1,200 additional exonerations were identified by the researchers, although there is less data for those.

Out of the false convictions for homicides and sex crimes examined by the Big Ten university researchers, DNA evidence proved to be the kicker. Among the 305 charged with sexual assaults, about two-thirds of exonerations came by DNA testing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-5-of-10-falsely-convicted-prisoners-are-african-american--5?IR=T

quote:
"According to the FBI, about 95,000 forcible rapes were reported in 2004.8 Based on the statements and studies cited above, some 47,000 American men are falsely accused of rape each year. These men are disproportionately African-American.9"
http://www.mediaradar.org/research_on_false_rape_allegations.php

quote:
Trump will Kick Start Building African Cities with a 60 billion investment, from US Taxpayer money, to help other investors invest more money in building African Cities.

Show me credible documentation.

quote:

When the US has a housing shortage, very high rent rates in the US and many Americans can not afforded housing, so millions of Americans sleep in / on the streets.

Yes, it is called gentrification. And the biggest victims of this are the Black Americans, from whom was stolen everything. This is why now the economic racial disparity is 1/16 between Black and White Americans.

quote:

The Trump administration has apparently reversed its position on development assistance and the use of soft power in the developing world by signing the BUILD Act, and Africa is likely to be a major beneficiary.

Show credible sources.

quote:

Now the Trump administration has created a development assistance entity, the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (IDFC), with a budget of $60 billion. Unlike OPIC, IDFC will have the ability to make equity investments and to make loans in local currency, reducing investor currency exchange risk.

You already stated that, but what has all that to do with Black Americans who lived in America for 500 years. Most want justice in America the country they have built from the ground up.

quote:

We, The USA have no good economy, it is bad and going to get real bad faster.

Yes, that true. If America wants to survive America needs to face the facts/ acts of wicked atrocities it has done and keeps doing to enslaved Africans and her descendants.

quote:
I will research what you have posted, bye.

Well, if that's the case I will see you back in about 6 months, or longer. You have a lot of upgrading to do.

quote:
Oh, yeah, remember, Like the Sunni and Shia Muslims argue over why laws give rights.

What have Sunni and Shia Muslims arguments to do with this topic? smh When are you going to aswer this question?

The vast majority of Black Americans are Baptist Christians who have been marginalized because of the color of the skin, not because of the religious believes. Although that is where it started.

Sunni and Shia Muslims arguments have a religious origin and that is what he conflict is based upon. smh

At one point in time in the early history of Islam "Aryanasion" did make it's way into the religion, but it has nothing to do with what is happening now.

quote:

Jim Crow Laws, was a law from Egypt to protect the slaves.

Jim Crow Laws was to marginalize and disfranchise Black Americans. Who was Jim Crow to being with? lol

Show me 1 law that was to protect Black Americans? lol smh

quote:

Your African 30 to 40% / American 60% 70 % are in jail, or not guilty.

I have no idea what you are trying to claim or imply, but it reads very confusing. Perhaps you should learn basic English first to express yourself properly.

quote:
The wars continue.
If you say so, perhaps. The wars between whom exactly?

quote:
The Grand Old Party (GOP) and the Democrats, the head of state is the pope and the peoples government, you...

… you need to explain what you mean to say. You often throw the stone and hide your hands.

We already know that the West is moved by the Catholic church. You are telling us nothing new here.

The pope is the Romanus Pontifex (Romes high priest). And the religion is based on cult of Mithras. So yeah….

Origins of the names of the months

https://pantheon.org/miscellaneous/origin_names_months.php

Origins of the names of the days

https://pantheon.org/miscellaneous/origin_names_days.php

The Roman Cult of Mithras

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/mithras/display.php?page=main

quote:
Who is the the majority vs the minority? Show demographics.

White people - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people

White people is a racial classification specifier, used mostly and often exclusively for people of European descent; depending on context, nationality, and point of view.

The term has at times been expanded to encompass persons of Middle Eastern and North African descent (for example, in the US Census definition), persons who are often considered non-white in other contexts.

You are posting old stuff. We have addressed these topics years ago.

Summary of the Argument of The Invention of the White Race

By its author, Theodore W. Allen.

quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor

Europeans who went to North Africa did so to go and enslave North Africans

How did they do it in North Africa?

quote:
quote:

What do you mean, "how did they do it in North Africa"?

quote:
quote:
quote:

How and when did Europeans get slaves from North Africa?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They went there by boat, got stuck and got conquered. From there they were brought to Morocco where they had to work (enslaved). Many of them were paid for by western nations and got back home. The number that was propped us is utter nonsense. They ran in the thousands, not hundreds of thousands, let alone millions.

It’s obvious this Gregws individual is prone to pseudo babbles. Nothing Gregws claimed was backed up by actual evidence.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

They went there by boat, got stuck and got conquered. From there they were brought to Morocco where they had to work (enslaved). Many of them were paid for by western nations and got back home. The number that was propped us is utter nonsense. They ran in the thousands, not hundreds of thousands, let alone millions.

you said

quote:

Europeans who went to North Africa did so to go and enslave North Africans, like they did with West- and Central Africans.

Do you have any references where Europeans went to North Africa to enslave North Africans?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
[qb]
quote:

you said

quote:

Europeans who went to North Africa did so to go and enslave North Africans, like they did with West- and Central Africans.

Do you have any references where Europeans went to North Africa to enslave North Africans?
Yes, I have, but I want you to respond and answer my questions first.

Now look at it this way, what were Europeans doing in North Africa during those days, anyway?

quote:
what were Europeans doing in North Africa during those days, anyway?

what century are you talking about when you say "in those days"

quote:
Washington State and California Mortality Studies.

Washington and California (by coincidence in the same lumber region) have conducted occupational mortality investigations that include workers in the logging industry as one of the occupational groups studied (11,12).

The primary source of material for the California study was the state death file for the years 1959-1961.
Over this 3-year period, about 407,000 deaths among California residents were recorded.

This study used the subfile of about 199,000 white male decedents more than or equal to 20 years of age.

Information was collected from death certificates on occupation, industry, and cause of death coded according to the seventh edition of the ICD (13).
The basic occupational coding scheme used was the Bureau of the Census Classified Index of Occupations and Industries as it was used for the 1960 census of population (14).

CDC.gov.
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/logging/default.html

https://priceonomics.com/how-the-lumberjack-became-such-a-deadly-profession/

These white men freely choose to do that job. And got paid for taking risk during that type of job.

quote:

“He looks like a man of the woods, but works at The Nerdery, programming for a healthy salary and benefits,” wrote Gear Junkie.

[...]

While safety precautions have dramatically increased since the rogue days of 1900s lumberjacks, a macho attitude still pervades the trade. “They think they know how to cut trees because grandpa taught them how to do it," says Hinkley, "and that good ol' boy attitude keeps them from training."

https://priceonomics.com/how-the-lumberjack-became-such-a-deadly-profession/

And nope, not all loggers were white as you pretended. Many were Black. And the fact that the railroads have been laid and forests had to be cleared tells the long history of Black loggers, even when they didn't get paid during slavery. While white males did get paid. After the abolishment slavery Black males were forced into the Black Codes, which is a continuation of slavery based on the 13th Amendment.

quote:

The introduction of the railroad in lumbering--an innovation of late years--has proved highly satisfactory in its results; the work is not only facilitated, but it is carried on the year round, for the lack of snow no longer constitutes a hindrance.

https://iowahist.uni.edu/Social_Economic/LumberCamp/life_in_a_lumber_camp.htm

quote:
The Myers and Fosbroke study found no significant difference in fatality relative risk by race (white and black), which was similar to results from this study. 7 They found that the majority of logging fatalities (65.5%) were to a group of treefallers, limbers, buckers, and chokers.7
~D F Scott
Injury Prevention2004;10:239–243. doi: 10.1136/ip.2003.004663
https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/10/4/239

quote:
The railroads were the most important industry that blacks ever worked in. Blacks worked more – More blacks were railroaders than were steel workers, were coalminers, were loggers, you pick the industry that African-Americans participated in railroading, and in a wide sense, more than any other industry. So this is the—the—African-American industrial experience.
https://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/mar/23/african-american-railroad-experience/

quote:
A majority of the African American loggers were originally from Alabama, Georgia and North Florida.

The People
Like shadows of history, black sawmill workers and loggers in the area that is now part of the Big Cypress National Preserve and its environs, made a way of life laboring in fearful and dangerous circumstances.

Most of the loggers were white and black, but the steel gang that was laying steel was all black. More blacks than it was whites here in Lee Tidewater.

[…]

The community was purely southern in every aspect with the African American loggers coming from the Deep South states of Alabama, Georgia and North Florida. The woods and swamps were not foreign to most of them.

[…]

There were instances of injuries to black loggers that were either not treated or treated with less professionalism purely on the basis of their color.

[...]

Black workers helped deforest the Big Cypress region from Naples to Miami, built railroad lines and a highway across the swamp, provided the wood that supported WWII and international industries, and accomplished it all under conditions as physically challenging as any job in America at the time.

www.nps.gov/

quote:
Dozens of the new Maxville citizens were African-American. The community had the only segregated school in Oregon and the black residents lived across the railroad tracks from the white residents.
https://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ghost/Pages/logging-maxville.aspx

quote:
Maxville was a railroad-logging town. Because trucks were not durable or large enough to profitability haul the large Ponderosa pine logs out of the forest, the felled trees were skidded, using steam engines, steam donkeys, and field horses. Workers also used elaborate timber chutes to move logs. Company jobs were typically segregated based on ethnic origin. Black workers felled the trees in teams, using cross-cut saws, and many had experience as log loaders, log cutters, railroad builders, tong hookers, and section foremen.
https://blackthen.com/maxville-home-african-american-loggers-oregon/

quote:
But African American lumberjacks who worked in northeast Oregon in the 1920s had other ideas. They gave a distinctive "whoop and a holler," says researcher and videographer Gwen Trice, whose father and grandfather were among the loggers.

Maxville itself, though it once contained this rich nugget of almost-forgotten Oregon history, now holds little besides one building and an old railroad trestle.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2009/06/honoring_african_american_logg.html

You are numb about American history, because you are right-wing TRASH. lol

quote:
White Slaves After Lincoln Freed the Slaves.

please read, and be informed of the white male slaves in 1700s up to 1940s

Breakers were a frightening workplace for young boys and were often referred as an appalling place to be in.
The environment was dark, filled with dust, loud from the sound of the running machines,
and those who had higher ranks worked behind the breaker boys with bullwhips

http://kyleedealbreakerboys.weebly.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker_boy

They weren't slaves. They choose that job, or their parents forced them to make extra earnings for the family. And during those days there was not something like children-rights to protect children form child-labor, so that explains the exploitation.

This is from your own source:

quote:
The mines provided jobs to an extraordinary number of people, and young boys were amongst the individuals to find work in these mines (Rothert, Otto A.).

[…]

The long work days resulted in night school being the only option for breaker boys to obtain education. Materials provided for the boys were cheap and lacked good quality, and the teachers were underpaid and overworked. The low quality night schools gave the boys hardships to be studious and the inability receive sufficient education (Spargo, John).

http://kyleedealbreakerboys.weebly.com

Black boys on the other hand were born into slavery (hence Chattel Slavery), and didn't get paid, let alone received education.

After slavery was abolished we there was the Black Codes and Convict Leasing.

quote:

Exploiting black labor after the abolition of slavery

By the early 1900s, nearly every southern state had barred black citizens not only from voting but also from serving in public office, on juries and in the administration of the justice system.

Here’s how it worked. Black men – and sometimes women and children – were arrested and convicted for crimes enumerated in the Black Codes, state laws criminalizing petty offenses and aimed at keeping freed people tied to their former owners’ plantations and farms. The most sinister crime was vagrancy – the “crime” of being unemployed – which brought a large fine that few blacks could afford to pay.

Black convicts were leased to private companies, typically industries profiteering from the region’s untapped natural resources. As many as 200,000 black Americans were forced into back-breaking labor in coal mines, turpentine factories and lumber camps. They lived in squalid conditions, chained, starved, beaten, flogged and sexually violated. They died by the thousands from injury, disease and torture.

http://theconversation.com/exploiting-black-labor-after-the-abolition-of-slavery-72482

quote:
Between 1870 and 1930, thousands of white people, African Americans, and European immigrants came to West Virginia to work in the coal mines. African Americans migrated to mines throughout the state, but most of them came to work in the smokeless coal fields of southern West Virginia. What they found was the opportunity to build a better life for themselves and their families. By 1909, African Americans made up over 26 percent of West Virginia mine workers.

[…]

About 75 percent of all black miners became coal loaders. African Americans preferred coal loading because it allowed them to simply leave the mine when they had loaded enough coal for the day. Coal loading also offered less direct supervision. Black miners usually did not see a foreman more than once during an entire shift. This was an important consideration for African Americans who came to the mines to escape the constant scrutiny of white people in the Jim Crow South.1

[…]

Picking and loading coal was hard, dangerous, back-breaking work; however, it provided the greatest opportunity for the miner to earn good money.

https://www.nps.gov/neri/planyourvisit/african-american-coal-miners-helen-wv.htm

quote:
To Scalp a white man alive was invited by Egyptian Pharos.

https://listverse.com/2017/07/16/top-10-horrific-facts-about-scalping-on-the-american-frontier/

The word Egypt was mentioned nowhere, you clown.

When you read thought the page, you'll notice that scalping was done to the captured enemies during wars.

As per your own source:

quote:
White men and natives alike were massacring and mutilating innocent people for a fistful of cash—and the thin, delicate line between civilization and savagery slowly eroded away. [/QB]
And I wonder do you even read your own sources?

quote:

Just thought I will try to educate you to truth.

It's true, but you try to change the narratives into subjects that have absolutely nothing to do with Reparations for Black Americans.

Showing free white men fighting each other and warmongering each other has nothing to do with Chattel Slavery. The Enslaved Africans were still mistreated 10-times worse. Their entire bodies have been scalped.

This is your favorite source, from where you posted most of what you cited:

quote:

The Abbé Emmanuel H. D. Domenech referenced the decalvare of the ancient Germans and the capillos et cutem detrahere of the code of the Visigoths as examples of scalping in early medieval Europe,[7] though some more recent interpretations of these terms relate them to shaving off the hair of the head as a legal punishment rather than scalping.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalping#Asia,_Africa,_and_Europe

quote:
To Scalp a white man alive was invited by Egyptian Pharos.

$60 dollars or pounds was a hell of a lot of money back in them days....

And Black people received non, with the exception of "some" cases. But it wasn't the norm as it was for whites.

quote:

During Queen Anne's War, by 1703, the Massachusetts Bay Colony was offering $60 for each native scalp. During Father Rale's War (1722–1725), on August 8, 1722, Massachusetts put a bounty on native families. Ranger John Lovewell is known to have conducted scalp-hunting expeditions, the most famous being the Battle of Pequawket in New Hampshire.

"Queen Anne's war" was a war with Native Americans, you dumbass. Basically these colonialist received payment over killing and scalping Native American people.

quote:

Ramesses III In Battle

Medinet Habu Mortuary Temple of Rameses III

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/relief-at-medinet-habu-ramesses-iii-smiting-his-enemies-in-the-battle-picture-id152198596?s=594x594
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e3/64/97/e3649767a0525929abfb260fd411de1b.jpg

What the hell has that to do with anything in American history aka the Middle Passage and Antebellum? smh

And the source says "smiting-his-enemies", not "scalping-his-
enemies"

Here let me help you

a. To inflict a heavy blow on, with or as if with the hand, a tool, or a weapon.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/smiting

quote:

Ramsey Law, Scalping humans alive.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/176/413972867_c9ebac2f97_b.jpg

He grabs his enemies by the hair, where is the scalping? smh

Ps. have you ever been evaluated on your mental health by professional/ certified psychiatrist?

quote:
Ramsey of Egypt II and III fought the sea peoples

Sea People were utterly defeated. The Harris Papyrus states:

As for those who reached my frontier, their seed is not, their heart and their soul are finished forever and ever.

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart, and the heart of your seed, to love the LORD your God with all your heart.

circumcise your hart imag

https://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/01-ancient-medical-treatments-full-of-wtf-xx-photos.jpg

State Flag of circumcisions

https://themusingsofthebigredcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Virginia-flag-symbol.jpg

Think Roman Religion, Mary standing over a white male.

What has the above to do with the 400-500 years history of Black Americans in the USA.

The Bible wasn't even written when they had circumcise in ancient Egypt and other parts of Africa.

The Biblical reference is a spiritual reference of what the biblical reference does. It cleans and protects

Since you posted a Biblical reference, I'll post some too.

quote:
The Slave Bible, as it would become known, is a missionary book. It was originally published in London in 1807 on behalf of the Society for the Conversion of Negro Slaves, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of enslaved Africans toiling in Britain’s lucrative Caribbean colonies. They used the Slave Bible to teach enslaved Africans how to read while at the same time introducing them to the Christian faith. Unlike other missionary Bibles, however, the Slave Bible contained only “select parts” of the biblical text. Its publishers deliberately removed portions of the biblical text, such as the exodus story, that could inspire hope for liberation. Instead, the publishers emphasized portions that justified and fortified the system of slavery that was so vital to the British Empire.

This unique artifact-in-focus exhibition, The Slave Bible: Let the Story Be Told, is presented by Museum of the Bible with the cooperation of Fisk University and the Center for the Study of African American Religious Life at the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Drawing upon new research into its origins and use among enslaved Africans in the Caribbean, this exhibition tells a story of how time and place shape the way people understand and use the Bible.

You will also have an opportunity to join the ongoing conversation about the Slave Bible in the exhibition’s response area. The exhibition grapples with this rare artifact’s implications for our understanding of the Bible’s role in slavery and the struggle for freedom.

https://www.museumofthebible.org/exhibits/slave-bible

The above describe an extreme form of cognitive dissonance of an
uncircumcised heart. And the following tells you the prophecy.

quote:

Acts 7:6 
“God said Abraham's descendants would live for a while in a foreign land. There they would be slaves and would be mistreated 400 years.”

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Acts-7-6/

quote:

Acts 7:7
“And the nation to whom they shall be in bondage will I judge, said God: and after that shall they come forth, and serve me in this place.”

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Acts-7-7/

quote:

Deuteronomy 28:68
65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:
67 In the morning thou shalt say, Would God it were even! and at even thou shalt say, Would God it were morning! for the fear of thine heart wherewith thou shalt fear, and for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.
68 And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Deuteronomy-28-68/

quote:
White people cry as they are under paid for hard labor, and bad food and medicine.

Rockefeller calls in US Troops and they kill some of the slaves and burn down their tents and log cabins.

The Ludlow Massacre was a domestic massacre resulting from strike-breaking. The Colorado National Guard and Colorado Fuel and Iron Company guards attacked a tent colony of 1,200 striking coal miners and their families in Ludlow, Colorado, on April 20, 1914, with the National Guard using machine guns to fire into the colony. Approximately 21 people, including miners' wives and children, were killed. The chief owner of the mine, John D. Rockefeller, Jr., was widely excoriated for having orchestrated the massacre.[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

Let's dig a little bit deep into this…

Life in Ludlow: Families

https://www.du.edu/ludlow/gallery1.html

The strikers' military headquarters at Camp Beshoar

https://www.du.edu/ludlow/gallery5.html

quote:
The massacre, the seminal event of the Colorado Coal Wars, resulted in the deaths of an estimated 21 people; accounts vary.[7][6] Ludlow was the deadliest single incident in the southern Colorado Coal Strike, which lasted from September 1913 to December 1914.

Congress responded to public outrage by directing the House Committee on Mines and Mining to investigate the events.[10] Its report, published in 1915, was influential in promoting child labor laws and an eight-hour work day.

In retaliation for the massacre at Ludlow, the miners armed themselves and attacked dozens of anti-union establishments over the next ten days, destroying property and engaging in several skirmishes with the Colorado National Guard along a 40-mile front from Trinidad to Walsenburg.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

Q: Do you think Black people had the right to go on strikes during the Jim Crow era, let alone go and attack these companies?

Btw, how did these coal-mining companies accumulate their wealth? I mean how was the startup funded?

quote:
Ludlow Massacre, attack on striking coal miners and their families by the Colorado National Guard and Colorado Fuel and Iron Company guards at Ludlow, Colorado, on April 20, 1914, resulting in the deaths of 25 people, including 11 children.

[…]

The striking miners were a polyglot of ethnicities, including a large number of Greeks and Italians.

[...]

In retaliation for the massacre, miners attacked antiunion town officials, strikebreakers, and the mines, taking control of an area about 50 miles long and 5 miles wide. As many as 50 people died during the reaction to the Ludlow Massacre. Fearing a further escalation of violence, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson sent in federal troops to restore order. Unlike the National Guard, the federal troops were impartial and kept strikebreakers out of the coal mines. The strike ended on December 10, 1914.

While the workers got little in the way of tangible benefits from their strike, the UMWA gained 4,000 new members.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Ludlow-Massacre

It's awful, but by far doesn't equate to the many massacres of the Black experiences during the whole course of American history, where all wealth was confiscated. No investigations, nobody was brought to justice and there was no tangible benefits aka Reparations. Things were taken from Black people they actually worked hard for. During it 1920s it became so horrible about 6 million Black Americans had to flee up North, there they became victims once more by white terrorists.

Now, when we go even deep into this we see:

quote:
In 1918 a monument was erected to commemorate those who died during the strike. These individuals all died in the Ludlow Massacre, and are inscribed on the monument as follows:

Louis Tikas, age: 30 years
James Fyler, age: 43 years
John Bartolotti, age: 45 years
Charlie Costa, age: 31 years
Fedelina Costas, age: 27 years
Onafrio Costa, age: 4 years
Frank Rubino, age: 23 years
Patria Valdez, age: 37 years
Eulala Valdez, age: 8 years
Mary Valdez, age: 7 years
Elvira Valdez, age: 3 months
Joe Petrucci, age: 4 ˝ years
Lucy Petrucci, age: 2 ˝ years
Frank Petrucci, age: 4 months
William Snyder Jr, age: 11 years
Rodgerlo Pedregone, age: 6 years
Cloriva Pedregone, age: 4 year

https://libcom.org/history/1914-the-ludlow-massacre

quote:
I must of made a miss quoted on 5000 died from logging timber, in the last year.
The 5000 was for all work place deaths in the US.

Yeah, logging is a dangerous job. One is free to choose to do so as we have seen. People get paid for doing this job. These are usually Red States. Red States are relatively cheap to live at, especially with the inhered Headright System and Homestead Act.

Logging wages:

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/farming-fishing-and-forestry/logging-workers.htm

This brings us back to where we started. (click me, and I will guide you)

quote:

“Many more soon realized that the G.I. Bill had been constructed in such a way that most of its benefits—including mortgage support, college tuition, and business loans—could be denied to them. Racial violence spiked.”

~Peter C. BakerNovember 27, 2016
The New Yorker, The Tragic, Forgotten History of Black Military Veterans
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-tragic-forgotten-history-of-black-military-veterans

quote:
quote:

This thread is about Reparations and the crazy suggestion by Cory Booker’s baby bonds that he claims will nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults. Not about how what century Europeans went to North Africa trying to enslave them, got caught and put in slavery themselves.

quote:
quote:
quote:

This thread is about Reparations and the crazy suggestion by Cory Booker’s baby bonds that he claims will nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults. Not about how what century Europeans went to North Africa trying to enslave them, got caught and put in slavery themselves.
Forty2Tribes brought up an Ann coulter remark about Reparations

but it was you that brought up
quote:

and now you're saying Europeans went to North Africa trying to enslave them. What is your reference that Europeans went to North Africa to enslave them?

quote:
the crazy suggestion by Cory Booker’s baby bonds that he claims will nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults.

True that seems like a big exaggeration in the headline of the Vox article

but that's not what's important

The important thing was that this was a candidate who had a specific economic plan for reducing the wealth gap. Unfortunately he has dropped out of the presidential race.

As far as reparations go, the subject was brought up to some presidential candidates a few months ago and the ADOS movement was stirring.

But I've been watching the debates and reparations is not being brought up and I'm not seeing the ADOS movement gaining popularity

Cory Booker's baby bonds was less controversial and may have been something that a candidate who became president might have been able to turn into policy.
And it might have been able to reduce a little the racial income gap.
Compare that to someone who would not reduce it at all or increase it

quote:
and now you're saying Europeans went to North Africa trying to enslave them. What is your reference that Europeans went to North Africa to enslave them?

Why are you still lying about this, when this thread is about Black Americans reparations for the damage that as done for centuries? Why are you concerned with North Africa and a few white males that were captured centuries ago in North Africa? smh

Reparations is the now a debt that is owed to Black America, over the tragedies that still effect the "native" Black community (#ADOS/ #FBA) in the USA.

quote:
True that seems like a big exaggeration in the headline of the Vox article

but that's not what's important

The important thing was that this was a candidate who had a specific economic plan for reducing the wealth gap. Unfortunately he has dropped out of the presidential race.

He has dropped out because he's an idiot. No sane Black person was going to vote for him and his baby bond nonsense.
His plan would not close the "RACIAL economic plan for reducing the wealth gap". Because it is not specific to the people who have been marginalized the most for centuries.

quote:
As far as reparations go, the subject was brought up to some presidential candidates a few months ago and the ADOS movement was stirring.

Yes, but Marianne Williamson was halfwitted as well, that is what many people felt like when she started to speak. She was the only one who truly wanted to put this in action, while others still don't get it or have a very toxic past like Mike Bloomberg who helped to put Black males in jail with cannabis laws.

Andrew Yang wants to give "everybody" 1000 dollars extras if that will close the racial wealth gap, the wealth that was stolen from Black Americans.

The same with Bernie Sanders (who I favored last time), then we have
Elizabeth Warren who also doesn't get it. She thinks that the LBTQ deserve reparations over Black Americans who fought and died for civil right laws. Joe Biden is the originator of the crime Bill who is the father of a large part the racial disparity

quote:
Cory Booker's baby bonds was less controversial and may have been something that a candidate who became president might have been able to turn into policy.
And it might have been able to reduce a little the racial income gap.
Compare that to someone who would not reduce it at all or increase it

The Black Authority completely dismantled Cory Booger.

quote:
quote:

Why are you still lying about this, when this thread is about Black Americans reparations for the damage that as done for centuries? Why are you concerned with North Africa and a few white males that were captured centuries ago in North Africa? smh

I created this thread. It's about the specific Cory Booker baby bonds plan.
Either the plan was good or it was bad.
It could still be a good plan even if it does not close the racial income gap it could have
reduced it.

I deal with realpolitik meaning the reality is Trump or someone else is going to to be the next U.S. president and anybody who is eligible to vote could have some influence on this.

I replied to Forty2Tribes posting that Ann Coulter saying she supported reparations and mentioning her along with Claude Anderson was a trick of Coulter's because Claude Anderson meant reparations for black people but she meant for white people and using a Thomas Sowell quote - and also pertaining to Europeans not as much their American descendants

And now you are telling lies about Europeans going into North Africa to enslave Africans when in reality it was Barbary pirates from North Africa, Ottomans and their African armies as well as Moroccans who took ships and raided European villages and ships to take thousands of Europeans as slaves which you call a few.
So stop the nonsense, you are the liar here

quote:
It could still be a good plan even if it does not close the racial income gap it could have
reduced it.

Explain how it's going to close the racial wealth gap of 1/16? And how will that boost economic development for Black people? The economic development that has been marginalized every time they tried to built their community

quote:

I deal with realpolitik meaning the reality is Trump or someone else is going to to be the next U.S. president and anybody who is eligible to vote could have some influence on this.

Why has every president till now ignored the Black community, when it comes to economic development and empowerment for the Black community?

quote:

I replied to Forty2Tribes posting that Ann Coulter saying she supported reparations and mentioning her along with Claude Anderson was a trick of Coulter's because Claude Anderson meant reparations for black people but she meant for white people and using a Thomas Sowell quote - and also pertaining to Europeans not as much their American descendants

I heard her interview, where she stated that Black people the descendants of slaves need to be compensated. So I don't know where you got hat from. Btw, white people have been compensated, so that with be a misnomer.

quote:

And now you are telling lies about Europeans going into North Africa to enslave Africans when in reality it was Barbary pirates from North Africa, Ottomans and their African armies as well as Moroccans who took ships and raided European villages and ships to take thousands of Europeans as slaves which you call a few.
So stop the nonsense, you are the liar here

Nope, I am not telling lies. Barbary pirates did exist, but that only a small part of the history. Many of the enslaved Europeans were males who were send to imprisonment in Morocco It was shown in a documentary about slavery, the Trans Atlantic Slavery.

You are worried more about this, than anything else here.

Don't worry, most of these people went back to their home country, because these government paid for them to come back. So basically in todays terms we can say they been held for ransom.

quote:
Het buysschip de twee gebroeders Capteyn Gerrit met Zon van den Algerijns genomen de 24 juny 1814 in slaverij geweest 26 maanden
www.geschiedenisvanvlaardingen.be

quote:
Nope, I am not telling lies. Barbary pirates did exist, but that only a small part of the history. Many of the enslaved Europeans were males who were send to imprisonment in Morocco It was shown in a documentary about slavery, the Trans Atlantic Slavery.

lie #1
quote:

lie #2
quote:

a few white males that were captured...

Barbary pirates did exist, but that only a small part of the history.

tens of thousands not a few.

You try to minimize this, it's wrong and racially biased.

lie #3

quote:

Don't worry, most of these people went back to their home country, because these government paid for them to come back. So basically in todays terms we can say they been held for ransom.

slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli Europeans in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th (these numbers do not include the European people who were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast).

that time period is around 300 years and you have no reference for "most" returned

Most Christian slaves were kept in dungeons, whipped, burned and compelled to work 15-hour days until they expired. A few were ransomed for enormous sums. One secured her release for Ł1,392, more than most Londoners earned in a lifetime.

lie #4
quote:

They went there by boat, got stuck and got conquered. From there they were brought to Morocco where they had to work (enslaved).

^ More made up bullshit and racially motivated attempt to minimize.
quote:

He has dropped out because he's an idiot. No sane Black person was going to vote for him and his baby bond nonsense.

(Cory Booker)

I heard her interview, where she stated that Black people the descendants of slaves need to be compensated.

(Ann Coulter)

I had no intention of talking about Europeans being enslaved in North Africa but here you are saying that no sane person would vote for Cory Booker yet at the same time taking something seriously said by this Trump supporting right wing fool Ann Coulter.

At least in America there were two AAs and an Asian running for president. Compare that to your country

quote:
lie #1

Nope! lol

If it was true it would have shown in population genetic studies, which it doesn't.

quote:
lie #2 tens of thousands not a few.

You try to minimize this, it's wrong and racially biased.

Nope! lol

If it was in the millions, where are the genetic markers? Where is that genetic print? I mean all these imaginary back migrations that supposedly have been traced back to tens of thousands of years, but a simple STR of a few generations can't be traced? [Roll Eyes]

quote:
lie #3

slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli Europeans in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th (these numbers do not include the European people who were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast).

that time period is around 300 years and you have no reference for "most" returned

Most Christian slaves were kept in dungeons, whipped, burned and compelled to work 15-hour days until they expired. A few were ransomed for enormous sums. One secured her release for Ł1,392, more than most Londoners earned in a lifetime.

Nope! lol

Below is archived evidence. And this was common. Put into slavery by Algerians 24 juny 1814 and bought out of slavery after 26 months. These white people when to the soars of North Africa with what was called buysschip with turks (cannons). In English it's called "Herring buss". The word Herring is probable derived from haring (a fish type). People like Michiel de Ruyter and Liederkerke had delegations mission to free these people by paying ransom money.

De Slavernij Deel1 - Een wereld vol slaven. (Slavery part 1, a world of with slaves)

Starting marker is at 10:17

https://youtu.be/z-JDTK2YtvU?t=617

The type of ships that was used to get to North Africa, and perhaps other parts of Africa.

quote:
A herring buss (Dutch: Haringbuis) was a type of seagoing fishing vessel, mostly used by Dutch and Flemish herring fishermen in the 15th through early 19th centuries.

The buss ship type has a long history. It was already known around the time of the Crusades in the Mediterranean as a cargo vessel (called buzza, bucia or bucius), and we see it around 1000 AD as a more robust development of the Viking longship in Scandinavia, known as a bǘza. The Dutch Buis was probably developed from this Scandinavian ship type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herring_buss

Actaual archived reference:

quote:
Het buysschip de twee gebroeders Capteyn Gerrit met Zon van den Algerijns genomen de 24 juny 1814 in slaverij geweest 26 maanden
www.geschiedenisvanvlaardingen.be

If you need references to more I suggest you look up the Sultan of Meknes, Morocco. Sultan Ismail Ibn Sharif. And Illig (Souss-Massa-Draa / Morocco).

quote:
lie #4 More made up bullshit and racially motivated attempt to minimize.

Nope! lol

Reread the previous answer.

They went there themselves to North Africa first. Sorry, but that is the history. And many/ most were bought out of the captivity and returned to Europe.

quote:
I had no intention of talking about Europeans being enslaved in North Africa but …

I didn't start with "Europeans being enslaved in North Africa", it was Gregws with all that pseudo babble. And I didn't denial that no Europeans have been raided. I said Europeans went to North Africa first, by themselves.

quote:
here you are saying that no sane person would vote for Cory Booker yet at the same time taking something seriously said by this Trump supporting right wing fool Ann Coulter.

I didn't write "no sane person", I wrote "no sane Black person" would vote for Cory Booger.

The idiot started rambling about LBTQ issues when addressing racial issues that have effected Black Americans for hundreds of years. Resulting in horrible socioeconomic conditions for the vast majority of Black America.

The idiot stated that "White People Need 'Grace' and 'Empathy' From Black People" for Blackface and other horrible things that was done to Black people in America.

Cory Booker said to "Put yourself in a white person’s position” when it comes to blackface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDXjyEOrCos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cory+booker+blackface

Cory Booker invented a drug-dealer friend named T-bone who 'threatened his life' to boost his public appeal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2405903/Cory-Booker-invented-drug-dealer-friend-named-T-bone-threatened-life-boost-public-appeal.html

quote:
At least in America there were two AAs and an Asian running for president. Compare that to your country
Who was the second AA person running for President, next to Cory, because I only know of one, which is Cory himself?

What has the Asian dude to do with anything here?

quote:
Forty2Tribes brought up an Ann coulter remark about Reparations

but it was you that brought up

Nope, that is another lie. I didn't bring it up. It was you who brought it up Ann coulter. I only mentioned Ann Coulter, after you did.

quote:
reduced it.

Explain how it's going to close the racial wealth gap of 1/16? And how will that boost economic development for Black people? The economic development that has been marginalized every time they tried to built their community.

Cory Booger's baby bounds was for "everybody". Meaning it will not help Black people specifically out of the disparaged condition they have been put in specifically with laws, legislation and Acts that targeted them specifically.

Apparently you try to minimize the horrible experiences of Black America that have been going on till this day.

I notice you argue vey little to not at all with Gregws, over much of the pseudo nonsense that is being claimed.

quote:
Quoted:
Btw, how did these coal-mining companies accumulate their wealth? I mean how was the startup funded?

John D. Rockefeller was a Slave, A front man to a big crime family.

John D. Rockefeller was a Slave? lol smh So who enslaved him?

What is the actual name of the Rockefellers?

quote:
Ask your self, How does some one get to the one percent of the wealthy, by helping the poor, that had nothing?

I don't understand what you mean, try to write a proper English sentence that makes sense.

quote:
Now the poor was said to be stolen good from others.

What the hell are you talking about?

quote:
Back then, property owners had right to protect property with killing, Now if Spelman got caught, he would of died. so he must of had a big party of thugs.

Perhaps you don't know it, but the "property" was "valued, marketed and ensured by the government, which was a private company with insurances for the slave owners, who owned enslaved Africans. This is all documented and archived, you dumb dumb.

quote:
I could go on and explain in more details about Rockefeller, being a front man for the African Mob..

What has that to do with Black Americans? lol smh This is about reparations for Black Americans over the atrocities that have been done to Black America, not some imaginary "African Mob".

quote:
Quoted:
Black people the descendants of slaves.

Yes, that is correct. The African diaspora of the Americas.

quote:

Your hate for white races makes you blind to the facts.

Where did I write anything about hating the white race?
What facts are you talking about that I am supposedly blinded by? lol

quote:

White people have been the slaves, but your sex drive for white women.

What white slaves are you talking about?
What imaginary "sex drive"for white women are you talking about?
What is so "special" about white women?

quote:

has actually made you a descendent of the slave races.

What the hell are you talking about?

quote:

Cory Booker and even Obama are descendants of slaves.

Obama is not a descendants of slaves, you dumb dumb.

quote:

Good New Bub, your the new slave races.

[Smile]

Who is the "new slave race"? smh

quote:

America will soon be a third world economy

Perhaps yeah, if the USA doesn't come up with Reparations for Black America and faces her wrong doings for hundreds of years there will be a spiritual-war that will bring the USA down. If America faces her wrong doings America done to Black Americans, America can be saved.

quote:
Ish Gebor, You seem well educated from the articles you have posted to my posts.

Your posts are very basic. It's not deep at all. But, oh well.

quote:

About 2 to 3 years ago, On a Israel website, I seen a article about US history.

So what's your point ?

quote:

Since the history on the past in America was burned down 2 times. I would guess the founders Essays and other Historians Essays where destroyed.
Some one did not like notes recorded of history, of the real life experiences they witnessed.

The remains, remnants give us a clear picture, as does archeology and anthropology. That can be used to reconstruct history.

African Burial Ground is the oldest and largest known excavated burial ground in North America for both free and enslaved Africans. It protects the historic role slavery played in building New York Read More.

https://www.nps.gov/afbg/index.htm

quote:

But anyhow

But anyhow what?

quote:

On the Israel website they was talking about 500 to 600 years a go.

?

quote:

They said that In Maryland USA, A Black Militia, had Guns to protect their area.
The black men would round up white males and put then in changes. The article did not go in to details about the white males in changes.

LOL ok. Was it talking about Black Cowboys? Or a slave rebellion/ uprise? Or perhaps both?

quote:

But,
They tried to pass a law in Maryland, that said a male or resident can not take part in voting unless they owned a white slave. The law did not pass.

LOL So what Bill was this? Have you ever heard of the 13th, 14th and 15th amendment? Have you ever hard of Dredd Scott decision?

quote:

I can not find that article, In the day I saw the article, The tale of the history seemed to far fetched for me to copy the artical, as to my brainwashing history of the USA.

Ok.

quote:

They also said that they would also marry the white women and the women would have their off springs.

Ok lol. And how come genetic prints show up as European males, instead of vice versa?

There is actually surviving laws that shows how the law was implemented.

You are very uneducated.

https://academic.udayton.edu/race/03justice/aalaws01.htm

Perhaps in a very early stage in the 13 colonies they had the "interracial relationships" and much later in some States that had no deep rooted slavery they had "interracial relationships".

The entire race concept is based on dominant African genes vs the European recessive genes. When the first colonialist noticed this they started to develop this race concept, and from there got to secreting themselves and discriminating Africans, which led to the enslavement of Africans in he 13 colonies.

Fact is that whites benefited economically, and those of African descent known as Black people have been discriminated against and marginalized economically.

quote:

So maybe a race war was going on 500 to 600 years ago.
And since real history has been deleted from the Archives, the only history that is published is the repercussions on what the Black men did when they first arrived.

That is a bunch of gobbledegook that you are pulling out of your nasty behind.

quote:
But while Elizabeth may have enjoyed being entertained by Black people, in the 1590s she also issued proclamations against them. In 1596 she wrote to the lord mayors of major cities noting that there were 'of late divers blackmoores brought into this realm, of which kind of people there are already here to manie...'. She ordered that 'those kinde of people should be sente forth of the land'.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/elizabeth.htm

quote:

The only History recorded is the history of the winners in wars.

Well, that debunks you own very numbing dumb claims.

It's obvious that you aren't too bright.

quote:
Most white slaves died before they was done doing the 7 year time. the white slaves had no rights.
They was the cheapest labor on the market.

There was no white slave to begin with, so that makes you argument numb and dumb already. White were indentured servants who got paid. That is why the were the cheapest laborers.

quote:

And after 7 years time as a servant, how could one really earn a living wage if more cheap labor was shipped in by the millions.

Actually I posted sources After 7 to 10 years the received money and land to live on. This was not the case for the Africans born into Chattel Slavery. This is why the law of 3/5 of a human being was applied on Africans, not on Europeans. Hence the Dredd Scott decision.

quote:

You talk like the white males had a choice to send their kids to the coal mines.

Yes, they had a choice. Nobody forced them and they got paid for it.

quote:

You also say the white man had a choice to cut tree, in the most desolated areas of USA, with wild beasts and sleeping in tents / wood cabins and zero degrees weather. Hell who would really want that job if a lot of the Axe Loggers died?

Yes, they had and still have that choice. That answer is in the articles you have posted. This means you don't even read your own sources.

quote:

I mean really, you cant tell me 100,000 wanted to do that kind of job. More deaths then fighting in a war, in the 1800s. And I can not find data on the death rates of the loggers or 7 year servants, back in the 1700s.

You keep going in circles. Many came as convicts who worked for a certain time then became free and received their payments. And others came on free will to escape the poverty in Europe. However, both received payments.

Convict Labor during the Colonial Period

LIn 1615, English courts began to send convicts to the colonies as a way of alleviating England's large criminal population.”

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/Convict_Labor_During_the_Colonial_Period

quote:

==========

Ok lol

quote:

The history of unfree labor in the United States encompasses to all forms of unfree labor which have occurred within the present day borders of the United States through modern times.

"Unfree labor" is a generic or collective term for those work relations,

in which people are employed against their will by the threat of destitution, detention, violence (including death), lawful compulsion, or other extreme hardship to themselves or to members of their families.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_unfree_labor_in_the_United_States
[/QB]

It was already established that the above is mostly false. And for the sake of the argument I will repost this for you.

quote:

Petition of George Mason for Warrants for Lands in Fincastle County, [June 1774]

That in the Year 1662, an Act of Genral Assembly was made, prescribing the Manner of proving Rights to Lands due for the Importation of Servants, and obtaining Certificates thereon, to intitle the Importers to Surveys and Patents; and giving such proofs and Certificates the preference to Actual Surveys without them. And in the same Year, another Act of Assembly was made, reciting that the former laws2 concerning deserted Lands, reserved to the first Taker-up his Rights to take up Land in Another Place, and enacting that for the future, in Care of deserted Lands, the Rights as well as the Lands shall be forfeited, and the grantee made incapable of useing any of them afterwards: from which Law it is Clear, that Importation-Rights are Always good, Until they have been Applyed to Patents for Land, and the Said Land forfeited, by Want of Seating and Planting.

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Jefferson/01-01-02-0086

quote:
Registers of Servants Sent to Foreign Plantations

This database of indenture contracts includes over 15,000 indentured servants contracts from the London, Middlesex, and Bristol Registers. The contracts indicate not only the servant's name and length of indenture, but also the name of the servant's parents and owner, their home province and city, occupation, destination, and ship of embarkation. These records provide a detailed composition of indentured servants in the 17th century Atlantic World.

Bristol Registers

The Bristol Registers records all indentured servants who left from the port of Bristol, England from 1654-1686. Servants listed their place of origin as towns and provinces all over England, as well as many foreign countries such as Ireland and France. They were headed to many different places in the New World, including Virginia, Barbados, and the Caribbean islands. Lengths of indenture varied from 3 to 7 years, with the average length for females being 4.3 years, and for males, 4.44 years. The database contains records for approximately 10,000 indentured servants sent from Bristol to the New World.

The Bristol Registers are taken from the book The Bristol Registers of Servants Sent to Foreign Plantations, 1654-1686, by Peter Wilson Coldham, published by the Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. (Baltimore), in 1988. The original registers, entitled Servants to Foreign Plantations, were contained in two leather-bound volumes and can be found in the archives of the Corporation of the City of Bristol, England. Coldham has modernized the town and village names. Editorial comments added by Coldham are indicated by parentheses and brackets.

Middlesex Registers

The Middlesex Registers records all indentured servants who left from the port of Middlesex, England from 1682-1685. Servants listed their place of origin as towns and provinces all over England, as well as many foreign countries such as Ireland and France. They were headed to many different places in the New World, including Virginia, Barbados, and the Caribbean islands. Lengths of indenture varied from 3 to 9 years, with the average length for males being 4.36 years, and for females, 4.22 years. The database contains records for approximately 1,000 indentured servants sent from Middlesex to the New World.

The Middlesex Registers database was created from microfilms of the original indenture records. This 2-roll set was entitled Plantation Indentures and was created by the London Metropolitan Archives. The original records can be found in the Middlesex Guildhall, in England. Editorial comments added by Virtual Jamestown staff members have been indicated by enclosing the material in brackets.

London I Registers

The London I Registers records all indentured servants who left from the port of London, England from 1682-1692. Servants listed their place of origin as towns and provinces all over England, as well as many foreign countries such as Ireland and France. They were headed to many different places in the New World, including Virginia, Barbados, and the Caribbean islands. Lengths of indenture varied from 2 to 15 years, with the average length for males being 5.84 years, and for females, 4.16 years. The database contains records for approximately 1,000 indentured servants sent from London to the New World.

The London I Registers were drawn from Michael Ghirelli's book A List of Emigrants from England to America, 1682-1692, Baltimore, Magna Charta Book Company, 1968. The book is compiled from a set of large manuscript volumes, the Lord Mayor's Waiting Books, found in the Record Office of the City of London. All information found in the records except place names have been modernized by Ghirelli. Editorial comments added by Ghirelli have been indicated by parentheses, and comments added by Virtual Jamestown staff have been indicated by brackets.

London II Registers

The London II Registers records all indentured servants who left from the port of London, England from 1718-1759. Servants listed their place of origin as towns and provinces all over England, as well as many foreign countries such as Ireland and France. They were headed to many different places in the New World, including Virginia, Barbados, and the Caribbean islands. Lengths of indenture varied from 1 to 21 years, with the average length for males being 4.57 years, and for females, 4.7 years. The database contains records for approximately 3,000 indentured servants sent from London to the New World.

The London II Registers have been compile from the book A List of Emigrants from England to America, 1718-1759 by Jack and Marion Kaminkow. The book was published in 1964 by the Magna Charta Book Company of Baltimore. It is a transcription of microfilms of the original records, entitled Agreements to Serve in America and can be found at the Guildhall, London, England. Editorial comments added by Kaminkow have been indicated by parentheses, and Virtual Jamestown comments have been indicated by brackets.

http://www.virtualjamestown.org/indentures/about_indentures.html

quote:
Like Peter Glass, many immigrants relocated to the Midwest, lured by land and the opportunity to establish new lives. The Homestead Act not only encouraged migration by Americans but immigrants from Europe as well. The U.S. government provided 160 acres of land often taken from Native peoples to immigrants who declared intent to become citizens and willingness to farm on the land for five years. Emigration societies operating in Europe and the eastern United States promoted migration and the benefits of citizenship.

quote:
This guide will help you find records of people sentenced to transportation. The National Archives holds records of many criminal trials and convictions – as well as convict voyages, censuses and pardons – and this guide explains how these are indexed and how they can be searched. I

[…]

Before 1776, all convicts sentenced to transportation were sent to North America and the West Indies. Few records of these individuals survive, though legal records from this period may contain useful information.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/criminal-transportation/

quote:

Men, women, and sometimes children signed a contract with a master to serve a term of 4 to 7 years.”

https://www.stratfordhall.org/educational-resources/teacher-resources/indentured-servants/

quote:

[...]

quote:

This guide will help you find records of people sentenced to transportation. The National Archives holds records of many criminal trials and convictions – as well as convict voyages, censuses and pardons – and this guide explains how these are indexed and how they can be searched. It also outlines which details can be useful when starting your research, and contains background information on the history of criminal transportatio

[…]

Before 1776, all convicts sentenced to transportation were sent to North America and the West Indies. Few records of these individuals survive, though legal records from this period may contain useful information.

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/indentured_servants_in_colonial_virginia

quote:
Items like this, I guess where burned when the archives of congress was attacked, two times in 50 yeas time. 1800s.

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Franklin/01-04-02-0080

Hmm, I posted this source.

Where is mentioned that any of these archives was burned down?

And I asked before, for attacked the congress?

quote:

I be more confused now.
It seems like the real native of America where Anglo Saxons, not the Asians or mixed African races, as they teach in US public Schools.

Apparently you are very confused when you make claims like Anglo Saxons were the real native of America, so yeah, I agree with you, you are confused.

You have to be a hideous individual to ignore The Trial Of Tears and other atrocities that happened to Amerindians.

-

quote:

23. In fine, A Nation well regulated is like a Polypus; take away a Limb, its Place is soon supply’d; cut it in two, and each deficient Part shall speedily grow out of the Part remaining.4 Thus if you have Room and Subsistence enough, as you may by dividing, make ten Polypes out of one, you may of one make ten Nations, equally populous and powerful; or rather, increase a Nation ten fold in Numbers and Strength.5
And since Detachments of English from Britain sent to America, will have their Places at Home so soon supply’d and increase so largely here; why should the Palatine Boors be suffered to swarm into our Settlements, and by herding together establish their Language and Manners to the Exclusion of ours? Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

What is your point?

quote:

24. Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

So what has this above to do with the topic being talked about, like Reparations?

quote:

Antebellum Urban Violence

Christina (Pennsylvania) Riot, 1851
Cincinnati Riots, 1829
Cincinnati Race Riots, 1836
The Pennsylvania Hall Fire, 1838

Civil War, Reconstruction, and Post-Reconstruction Era Violence

Detroit Race Riot, 1863
New York City Draft Riots, 1863
Memphis Riot, 1866
New Orleans Massacre, 1866
Pulaski Race Riot, 1868
Opelousas Massacre, 1868
The Meridian Race Riot, 1871
Chicot County Race War, 1871
The Colfax Massacre, 1873
Clinton (Mississippi) Riot, 1875
Hamburg Massacre, 1876
Carroll County Courthouse Massacre, 1886
Thibodaux Massacre, 1887
New Orleans Dockworkers’ Riot, 1894-1895
Wilmington Race Riot, 1898
Newburg, New York Race Riot, 1899

Race Riots, 1900-1960

Robert Charles Riot (New Orleans), 1900
New York City Race Riot, 1900
Atlanta Race Riot, 1906
Springfield, Illinois Race Riot, 1908
East St. Louis Race Riot, 1917
Chester, Pennsylvania Race Riot, 1917
Houston Mutiny and Race Riot, 1917
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Race Riot, 1918
Charleston (South Carolina) Riot, 1919
Washington, D.C. Riot, 1919
Chicago Race Riot, 1919
Knoxville Race Riot, 1919
Elaine, Arkansas Riot, 1919
Tulsa Race Riot, 1921
Rosewood Massacre, 1923
Harlem Race Riot, 1935
Beaumont Race Riot, 1943
Detroit Race Riot, 1943

Urban Uprisings, 1960-2000

Cambridge, Maryland Riot, 1963
The Harlem Race Riot, 1964
Rochester Rebellion, 1964
Jersey City Uprising, 1964
Paterson, New Jersey Uprising, 1964
Elizabeth, New Jersey Uprising, 1964
Chicago (Dixmoor) Riots, 1964
Philadelphia Race Riot, 1964
Watts Rebellion (Los Angeles), 1965
Cleveland’s Hough Riots, 1966
Chicago, Illinois Uprising, 1966
The Dayton, Ohio Uprising, 1966
Hunter’s Point, San Francisco Uprising, 1966
Newark Race Riot, 1967
Plainfield, New Jersey Riot, 1967
Detroit Race Riot, 1967
Flint, Michigan Riot, 1967
Tuscon Race Riot, 1967
Grand Rapids, Michigan Uprising, 1967
The King Assassination Riots, 1968
Hartford, Connecticut Riot, 1969
Asbury Park Race Riot, 1970
Camden, New Jersey Riots, 1969 and 1971
Miami (Liberty City) Riot, 1980
Crown Heights (Brooklyn) New York Riot, 1991
Rodney King Riot, 1992
West Las Vegas Riot, 1992
St. Petersburg, Florida Riot, 1996

College Campus Violence

University of Georgia Desegregation Riot, 1961
Ole Miss Riot, 1962
Houston (Texas Southern University) Riot, 1967
Orangeburg Massacre, 1968
Jackson State Killings, 1970

https://www.blackpast.org/special-features/racial-violence-united-states-1660

quote:
August 1814 during the War of 1812 destroyed the Library of Congress and its collection of 3,000 volumes.

In 1851, a second major fire at the library destroyed about two-thirds of its books.

https://www.loc.gov/
As I look a pond the link above, All I see is African history

Hmm, it's Black history month. And Black Americans are foundational to American history. So yeah.

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Congress

Former president Thomas Jefferson, who advocated the expansion of the library during his two terms in office, responded to the loss by selling his personal library, the largest and finest in the country, to Congress to “recommence” the library. The purchase of Jefferson’s 6,487 volumes was approved in the next year, and a professional librarian, George Watterston, was hired to replace the House clerks in the administration of the library. In 1851, a second major fire at the library destroyed about two-thirds of the documents.

Most history of the loses in war is destroyed.
What is said about the loses can be anything the winners want to say about the loses.

You are going in circles over things that have been addressed already. You do realize that Black people wern't allowed to read nor write.

quote:
TThroughout his life, books were vital to Thomas Jefferson's education and well-being. When his family home Shadwell burned in 1770 Jefferson most lamented the loss of his books. In the midst of the American Revolution and while United States minister to France in the 1780s, Jefferson acquired thousands of books for his library at Monticello. Jefferson's library went through several stages, but it was always critically important to him. Books provided the little traveled Jefferson with a broader knowledge of the contemporary and ancient worlds than most contemporaries of broader personal experience. By 1814 when the British burned the nation's Capitol and the Library of Congress, Jefferson had acquired the largest personal collection of books in the United States. Jefferson offered to sell his library to Congress as a replacement for the collection destroyed by the British during the War of 1812. Congress purchased Jefferson's library for $23,950 in 1815. A second fire on Christmas Eve of 1851, destroyed nearly two thirds of the 6,487 volumes Congress had purchased from Jefferson.

[…]

” Proclaiming that “I cannot live without books,” Jefferson began a second collection of several thousand books, which was sold at auction in 1829 to help satisfy his creditors.

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/jefferson/jefflib.html

quote:
What is crazy, is that even the white women call them self's slaves to the white males.

You must know white females very well to know this. Yet, we see they got paid as indentured servants.

quote:

White males had to work, bad and dangerous jobs, that cause death. To support the wife and kids, and pay taxes so the US gov could use the money to raise other nations.

Nope that was another lie, the wealth America gained come from slavery. The enslaved Africans. This is why at one point in time the ratio was more Black than whites. That is why there is an electoral voting system.

Black people's labor was all free for hundreds of years. So paying low taxes for wages can't be compared. This is why most of the multinationals have a line to the antebellum of Slavery. When slavery ended these (white) slave owners got compensations by the government.

quote:
The real reason we have an Electoral College: to protect slave states

“In a direct election system, the South would have lost every time.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/12/13598316/donald-trump-electoral-college-slavery-akhil-reed-amar

You try hard, because of your hate from Blacks, I give you that.

quote:

The white man was always drafted in to wars, African's had a choice to join or not.

This part was confusing.

quote:
the wealth America gained come from slavery. The enslaved Africans. This is why at one point in time the ratio was more Black than whites.

false

quote:
quote:
the wealth America gained come from slavery. The enslaved Africans. This is why at one point in time the ratio was more Black than whites.

false
Hmm it's true. Have you ever studied the infrastructure and followed the money "African American woman"? lol

From where did most wealth come, and to where did it go? lol

And yes, at one point in time there was more Blacks than whites, that is why whites from Europe were imported to make up the declining number of whites, which led to the large migrations of East Europeans and some South Europeans. These whites received benefits like the Headright system, Homestead Acts etc. simply for being white. So yeah all those loggers got their first money bag by keeping the land clean for 5 years. These people also often rented African slaves to do slave labor for them, which they paid the large slave plantation owners off. That African labor of course helped these white immigrants to gain capital.

It's obvious you are indoctrinated by the Lost Cause myths.

quote:
After these immigration flows, which continued until the middle of the 18th century, the continental emigration to Eastern and Southeast Europe prevailed until the 1830s while transatlantic emigrations, especially to the United States, were predominant until the late 19th century. From the 1680s to the year 1800, more than 740,000 people emigrated from German-speaking regions to Eastern, Central Eastern and Southern Europe. And from 1816 to 1914, more than 5.5 million German emigrants departed for the United States. There, from 1820 to 1860, German immigrants represented the second-largest group of all immigrants behind the Irish at around 30 percent; from 1861 to 1890, they were even the largest. The extensive expansion of economic opportunities due to high industrialization and agricultural modernization in Germany as well as the economic crisis in the United States finally led to a significant reduction in transatlantic migration flows.
https://www.bpb.de/gesellschaft/migration/laenderprofile/262758/historical-and-current-development-of-migration-to-and-from-germany

quote:
The wealth you talk about came from Rome, Like the church had / have the coffers and was also the collectors of all information from every county they teach their religions in.

The wealth that came to America was because of the Trans Atlantic slavery free labor. It's not that hard to figure out, when you accumulate capital off of free labor for hundreds of years and steal property when these people find ways to restore you logically get rich, while they stay poor.

Your deep hatred for Black people, blinds you to see the facts.

quote:

The central intelligence agency as all bishops had to report one way or another.

So when are you going to post peer reviewed evidence? And yeah, the Papal Bull is by the Roman Catholic church. So your point is numb again. This was already addressed, so you are going in circles again. It was the Roman Catholic church that stated Black people have no souls. So this once more disputes you claims.

quote:

The church is older then record history.

Nope it's not. lol There was already history being recorded before the church came into existence. It's plane logic.

quote:
my thoughts as of today

Genesis, is from the book of the dead.
As it is the rebirth.

As he cried out to his father, god
" Why have you for shaken me, I have to breed with these white folk, I die when I cross breed.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tome+of+the+dead+egypt&qpvt=tome+of+the+dead+egypt&FORM=IGRE

The Book of the Dead is not the church, but is recorded history. lol smh
And that passage doesn't even exists.

quote:
The Book of the Dead is an ancient Egyptian funerary text generally written on papyrus and used from the beginning of the New Kingdom to around 50 BCE
lol

quote:
The heads on mans bodies are heads of states.
God, warrior
Thin beak, scribe,
Falcon mixed, breeder
that dog looking thing, The mixing of races.

You are rambling utter nonsense again. And that utter nonsense has nothing to do with the actual topic.

quote:
The bird is a fertile female, as in eggs, to accept the holy grail, that ball in the horn.

ready to have intercourse.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HwpaLourmMU/Sov1ZNO3OeI/AAAAAAAAAE8/hNxIZZei8ts/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/untitled.jpg

More nonsense that has nothing to do with the topic. You're such a dumbass stuck on ABC's. lol smh

You hop from argument to argument, showing that you suffer from schizofrenia.

no insults please

quote:
no insults please

So what about the continues insults and slander against African Americans that have been going on? How about the claims that the Jim Crow era was to protect Black Americans? Is that not an insult, “African American woman”? This amongst many other insults by Gregws? How come you have no problems with that and all these trolling posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

The irony is amusing when you have a person who rambles on with insult after insult and false accusations, isn’t it?

quote:
It is really on topic, like Egypt and race.

Also, you be calling me some real bad names with descriptions.

You know not, much about me, as far as I know.

This is about Black Americans who socioeconomically have been marginalized, disfranchised, stigmatized. Explain what your pseudo babbles have to do with: Black Codes, Conflict Leasing , Separate but not equal (school system), The Green Book , Sun down cities., Gerrymandering, Share Cropping, Redlining, Southern, Strategy, King Alfred Plan, The Prison to pipeline system etc?

quote:
And breed dogs where the most advanced weapons of that time, you can breed them fast, like 1000 in a few years compared to men, 20 to 40 years, you do not lose your men in battles, like to days weapons save the lives of the army.

So why not have a dogs head on a man, the head of the military?

Explain what the above has to do with anything being discussed on the call for reparations?

Let's test your knowledge on American history. Name corporations that have been involved in slavery and transitions over to and into other companies that are now multinationals.

quote:
I have a difficult time using this forums program.

I have not figured out how to post images, start a topic or quote some other posts.

I even built my own website 10 years ago with basic HTML Coding, HTML code does not seem to work here .

But keep getting harassed about not on topic, even thought I explained that I think it is on topic with side line data to support other posts on topic..

new topic = go to top of page hit "post new topic" button

Images= in one of these boxes hit the button "fully reply form" under the box and then hit the image button.

The pictures should not be too big. If you have to use the side slider in the thread then it's too big and needs to be re-sized which can't be done here. It has to be done independently of this website first
950 is around maximum width, length doesn't matter

quote:
Schools not fair?

Education not fair?

I went to a box school, not a day spa school.

this is a day spa school with most taking 6 years to graduate.
Local Tax payer funding for foreigners.

https://www.kentwoodps.org/

===

This is my post about education in US, on another forum, been here 10 years, a business forum.

https://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/observations-concerning-the-increase-of-mankind-1751.131745/

The images on this post link above, shows metal blades used by Ramsey, Not a Smite weapon.

====

Tax payer funding for Collage, free education under the high school program, a tax scam.

Mostly African school

Starting Fall 2017, the Early Middle College Program at Ottawa Hills High School will allow students the opportunity to take college courses right at Ottawa Hills.

I guess the two years worth of school is a value of 10 to 20 k per year, a 6 year high school program.

https://www.grps.org/ottawahigh

I kind think that the foreigners at Kentwood HS can impregnate local females and then go back to their own country and US Tax payers / US Gov. will support / raise their kids/ offspring., or they get a free pass to marry and become US Citizen.

Gregws aka CCWorks,

What is the meaning and intention of this post by you? What has this to do with Reparations and restitutions for Black America? To undo the injustices done to Black Americans?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Kentwood-Michigan.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Ottawa-Hills-Ohio.html

I like for you to answer the questions. And stop derailing and running away, which equals trolling.

quote:
no insults please

Perhaps you can explain what this has to do with the topic of Reparations and restitutions for Black America, since you started to delete my post? lol smh

quote:
And breed dogs where the most advanced weapons of that time, you can breed them fast, like 1000 in a few years compared to men, 20 to 40 years, you do not lose your men in battles, like to days weapons save the lives of the army.

So why not have a dogs head on a man, the head of the military?

As moderator if I see name calling and condescension I'm deleting the post.

I might allow a little of it now and then but especially not when it's directed at new members.

If somebody goes off topic I might allow it if the person who started the topic doesn't care.

this was the original thread title

Study: Cory Booker’s baby bonds nearly close the racial wealth gap for young adults

^^ it's the title of the article on VOX

but I just changed it to

Cory Booker Baby Bonds proposal to close the racial wealth gap for young adults

Not too different, the topic is Cory Bookers Baby Bonds either way
Reparations is is related but not really the topic.

The topic of Reparations could be a new thread with a quote of someone who has detailed a plan to do it

Some of Gregws comments are off topic but I'm allowing it because they are interesting and this is not someone else's thread. It's mine, I started it .

I suggest not reacting to everything

I watched one video from a "pro black" youtube channel who made a video several months ago when ADOS was a hotter topic and some Democratic candidates were asked about reparations that if one of the candidates took it up reparations as one of their proposals it would make them lose and ensure Trump would win.
Black people and some white may have voted for them but too many whites would be against it and that would cause the candidate to lose.
They might perceive the policy as costing them more in taxes or something.
This youtuber was not a fan of ADOS because he thought it was bad that it excluded immigrant black people from being helped.

I think that could be true that if one of the democratic candidates had a reparations plan it would make them lose against Trump but I'm not sure.

Somebody else might not care and say I don't care if Trump wins, I'm still voting for the candidate with the best policies.

Others might say vote for someone who has a chance of winning.

quote:
I watched one video from a "pro black" youtube channel who made a video several months ago when ADOS was a hotter topic and some Democratic candidates were asked about reparations that if one of the candidates took it up reparations as one of their proposals it would make them lose and ensure Trump would win.

Most of the #ADOS people aren't Pro-Black. It was only some Pro-Blacks, and a lot of them felt that scene soon there after. And it got a boost after Tariq Nasheed touched on it. We do find a lot of odd things going on with Yvette and ToneTalks. The data is the data, this has nothing to do with them. They represented it first the way they did, but it was already out there. Claude Anderson has a long history in this.

quote:

Black people and some white may have voted for them but too many whites would be against it and that would cause the candidate to lose.

Yes, I know that, and that number has decreased to 56% now. Even, if we have to believe Bloomberg said that a lot was not known to him. And that is the problem with most immigrants. They don't know American history, because they actually don't love America. They came over to get the bag and fill the bag then leave if needed.

GregW is one of these folk who is against reparations, restitutions for Black Americans, that is why he/ she constantly posted this nonsense to derail the actual topic, by trying to make whites in to the victims of systemic racism. Such thing is a strong form is a pathology, based on a strong form of cognitive dissonance.

I think you recall the civil rights era, Many whites were against it also. They have always been against this that progressed the Black population. Hence Rosewood, Tulsa.

quote:

They might perceive the policy as costing them more in taxes or something.

So wha if that is the case, they have accumulated wealth over the stuffing of Black people. Land was stolen etc.

The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America with Shawn Rochester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchuk0f-_6Y

There is not logical argument that can dispute The Black Tax: The Cost of Being Black in America.

quote:

This youtuber was not a fan of ADOS because he thought it was bad that it excluded immigrant black people from being helped.

I have seen a lot and actually too many. I have never seen any say what you typed. I have see a rise of xenophobia towards Black immigrates and some Black immigrants do act foolish as well.

quote:

I think that could be true that if one of the democratic candidates had a reparations plan it would make them lose against Trump but I'm not sure.

It tells a lot about "white people", doesn't it? And yes it as already reported that "whites" like to see Black people suffer financial. Only a very sick and wicked mind would get joy out of that.

quote:

Somebody else might not care and say I don't care if Trump wins, I'm still voting for the candidate with the best policies.

Others might say vote for someone who has a chance of winning.

The one thing I agree with Marianne Williamson was that most of white America is not educated on American history and what was done to Black Americans.

quote:
And yes it as already reported that "whites" like to see Black people suffer financial. Only a very sick and wicked mind would get joy out of that.

no bigoted blanket statements on groups please

I'm not going to allow statements like "black people think that..."

or "white people think..."

that is simplistic BS and prejudiced as if everybody in a group is of one mind

quote:
You made a few questions as to the education of A/A in this topic.

I addressed my question directly towards you, over a lot of the false claims you've made and your lack of historical events.

quote:

I thought to show you the schools near me.
These are mostly mixed race schools. and if you ask me, no money is being held back to educate Blacks, as you continue to point out the black have no money for education.

From where do you get all this weird stuff you keep claiming? Most of Black Americans live in restricted areas separate from whites. The region you showed happens to be racially mixed, that doesn't equate with the majority of Detroit who is poor due to systemic racism.

"RECLAIMING MICHIGAN’S THROWAWAY KIDS

Students Trapped IN THE School-to-Prison Pipeline"

http://voiceofdetroit.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Michigan-ACLU-School-to-Prison-Pipeline.pdf

quote:

Them look like fine schools. I went to both for 6 months each in the 70s

So those schools looked the same back then, is that what you try to say?

Let's talk about the history of Michigan's Redlining, so we can trace wealth and poverty. Or are you going to run away once more?

"Michigan’s segregated past – and present (Told in 9 interactive maps)"

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-government/michigans-segregated-past-and-present-told-9-interactive-maps

"Redlining’s legacy: How discriminatory housing policies continue to shape Michigan’s metro areas"

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/redlining-s-legacy-how-discriminatory-housing-policies-continue-shape-michigan-s-metro-areas

your correct.
I have no formal education.

have a good day

quote:
your correct.
I have no formal education.

have a good day

That was not the question, but as predicted you ran off again.

Now, let's look at the early population demographics that was deported to the America from Briton, so we get a better understanding of things, when claims are being made out the first "chattel convicts" in Virginia.

quote:

“Black Scapegoats"

But while Elizabeth may have enjoyed being entertained by Black people, in the 1590s she also issued proclamations against them. In 1596 she wrote to the lord mayors of major cities noting that there were 'of late divers blackmoores brought into this realm, of which kind of people there are already here to manie…'. She ordered that 'those kinde of people should be sente forth of the land'.

Elizabeth made an arrangement for a merchant, Casper van Senden, to deport Black people from England in 1596. The aim seems to have been to exchange them for (or perhaps to sell them to obtain funds to buy) English prisoners held by England’s Catholic enemies Spain and Portugal.

No doubt van Senden intended to sell these people. But this was not to be, because Glossary - opens new windowmasters of Black workers - who had not been offered compensation - refused to let them go. In 1601, Elizabeth issued a further proclamation expressing her 'discontentment by the numbers of blackamores which are crept into this realm...' and again licensing van Senden to deport Black people. It is doubtful whether this second proclamation was any more successful than the first.

Why this sudden, urgent desire to expel members of England's Black population? It was more than a commercial transaction pursued by the queen. In the 16th century, the ruling classes became increasingly concerned about poverty and Glossary - opens new windowvagrancy, as the Glossary - opens new windowfeudal system - which, in theory, had kept everyone in their place - finally broke down. They feared disorder and social breakdown and, blaming the poor, brought in Glossary - opens new windowpoor laws to try to deal with the problem.

In the 1590s the harvests repeatedly failed, bringing hunger, disease and a rapid increase in poverty and vagrancy. Elizabeth's orders against Black people were an attempt to blame them for wider social problems. Her proclamation of 1601 claimed that Black people were 'fostered and relieved here to the great annoyance of [the queen's] own liege people, that want the relief, which those people consume'. The proclamation also stated that 'most of them are infidels, having no understanding of Christ or his Gospel'.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pathways/blackhistory/early_times/elizabeth.htm

quote:

"The results of the craniometric analysis indicated that the majority of the York population had European origins, but that 11% of the Trentholme Drive and 12% of The Railway study samples were likely of African decent.”

~Leach et al. (2009)
Migration and diversity in Roman Britain: a multidisciplinary approach to the identification of immigrants in Roman York, England.
Am J Phys Anthropol. 2009 Nov;140(3):546-61. doi: 10.1002/ajpa.21104
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19530143

This publication says it all.

quote:

White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable

White families quickly recuperated financial losses after the Civil War, and then created a Jim Crow credit system to bring more white families into money.

It will end up costing the U.S. economy as much as $1 trillion between now and 2028 for the nation to maintain its longstanding black-white racial wealth gap, according to a report released this month from the global consultancy firm McKinsey & Company. That will be roughly 4 percent of the United States GDP in 2028—just the conservative view, assuming that the wealth growth rates of African Americans will outpace white wealth growth at its current clip of 3 percent to .8 percent annually, said McKinsey. If the gap widens, however, with white wealth growing at a faster rate than black wealth instead, it could end up costing the U.S. $1.5 trillion or 6 percent of GDP according to the firm.

“Despite the progress black families have made in civic and economic life since the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, they face systemic and cumulative barriers on the road to wealth building due to discrimination, poverty, and a shortage of social connections,” reads the report, “as both mechanisms and results of racial economic inequity.”

Crucial to understanding how to close that gap—such that it can actually be closed—is grappling with how it was created in the first place. The McKinsey report identifies four components that perpetuate this gap—family wealth, family income, family savings, and community context (a community’s collective public and private assets). Black families have not been able to build wealth due to “unmet needs and obstacles” across these four dimensions.

-

That’s the deficit-lens on the problem as it pertains to black families. But it’s worth looking at how each of those components also played a huge role in boosting white families’ financial standing to begin with. The wealth, income, and savings that white families accumulated during slavery supplied the economic thew that catapulted them into elite affluent status during the country’s first two centuries of existence. But it was community context and creative credit machinations that helped white families maintain that status over the ensuing two centuries, putting into doubt whether a closure of the black-white racial wealth gap is even possible given these deeply entrenched advantages.

Community context and connections

A study on the transfer of wealth from Southern slaveholding families to their children helps explain how these advantages came about. Strikingly, the inheritance of actual material profits from the slavery-based economy isn’t the culprit some suppose. The economists Leah Platt Boustan of Princeton University; Katherine Eriksson of the University of California, Davis; and Philipp Ager of the University of Southern Denmark found in their study, “The Intergenerational Effects of a Large Wealth Shock: White Southerners After the Civil War,” that white resilience to economic catastrophe has been almost impenetrable.

According to the study, the largest slaveholding families in the South took a huge hit after the Civil War—a 38 percent drop at the median and a 75 percent loss among the top wealthiest families between 1860, a peak year for slavery profits, and 1870. But by 1880, many of the sons of those families had already recovered that wealth. By 1900, the sons of the richest slaveholders had not only financially recovered but were wealthier than the sons of families who were just as wealthy before the Civil War, but from mostly non-slaveholding assets and activities.

It took just one generation for white slaveholding families to regain their riches, and this rebound was not due to an inheritance of slavery profits. Much of that was devoured by the war, emancipation, and regressive crop productivity in the South after the war. Nor was the recovery owed to an inheritance of entrepreneurial skills, which the study ruled out because of the drastic transition of the economy from agricultural-based to industrial-based.

“Even destroying the capital stock or temporarily expropriating the land of wealthy households would not have been enough to prevent their sons from experiencing full recovery.”

The Southern dollar rally might have had something to do with those slaveholders’ sons marrying into wealthier families. But most of the wealth recovered by slaveholders’ children came from occupation-based earnings. The most likely explanation for the restoration of their wealth, according to the study, is the “role of social networks in facilitating employment opportunities and access to credit”—or, in other words, community context. The wealthy slaveholding families were cozy enough with the wealthy families who weren’t totally in the slavery business to leverage their relationships into preservation of their elite status.

“We think the most likely explanation for the rapid recovery of slaveholders’ sons is that slaveholding families were embedded in social networks that facilitated adjustments to wartime losses,” reads the study. One critical adjustment facilitated in this respect was credit, which was “surprising in light of the fact that slave collateral formed the basis for nearly all southern credit relations and was completely wiped out after emancipation.”

Also wiped out were, in some cases, the land and plantations themselves, which were the final major appreciable assets that some former slaveholding families possessed after the war. The study examines General William T. Sherman’s “March to the Sea” and his “Special Field Order No. 15,” which directed Union troops to destroy and confiscate Confederate family homes, businesses, and properties along the Carolina and Georgia coasts. The households targeted and toppled by Sherman’s troops lost considerable wealth, on top of losing their slaveholding assets. But by 1880, those same ransacked families had financially recuperated. By that year, their wealth had even surpassed that of the wealthy families of neighboring counties that Sherman did not invade.

“Results suggest that even destroying the capital stock or temporarily expropriating the land of wealthy households would not have been enough to prevent their sons from experiencing full recovery in a generation,” reads the study.

Those coastal families achieved recovery through the same means that other white former-slaveholding families achieved it throughout the South: via their connections to those commandeering capital and finance in the post-Civil War milieu. Slaveholding families’ pre-war material resources and wealth did “not ultimately affect” their children’s future comeuppance, and neither did these advantages stop with their sons. By 1940, even the grandsons of former slaveholders were doing better than similarly situated non-slaveholding families, by graduating from high school and college— fairly uncommon in the South at the time—and settling securely into white-collar jobs.

“Jim Crow Credit”

The 1940s were also the period when white families were able to further enhance their wealth prospects through new credit and finance instruments created as part of the New Deal. At this point, white families and farm owners were taking advantage of loans created by what was then called the Federal Housing Administration and the Farm Security Administration to leverage their way into wealth. Whereas before the Civil War, mortgages and credit were collateralized on the backs of enslaved Africans as properties, by 1940 white families could obtain mortgages and credit collateralized by land, houses, and farms. And they didn’t have to come from wealthy families or be wealthy themselves to obtain this financing.

African American farmers and families, meanwhile, were unable to establish the wealth that former slaveholding families were re-establishing, nor were they able to access the FHA and FSA loans at the same rates as whites. The Atlantic’s Vann Newkirk describes in his story “The Great Land Robbery” how black farmers lost their land and farms during this time period:

While most of the black land loss appears on its face to have been through legal mechanisms—“the tax sale; the partition sale; and the foreclosure”—it mainly stemmed from illegal pressures, including discrimination in federal and state programs, swindles by lawyers and speculators, unlawful denials of private loans, and even outright acts of violence or intimidation. Discriminatory loan servicing and loan denial by white-controlled [Farmers Home Administration] and [Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service] committees forced black farmers into foreclosure, after which their property could be purchased by wealthy landowners, almost all of whom were white.

[...]

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019/09/racial-wealth-gap-history-slavery-black-white-family-income/597100/

Here is another study, explaining with deep analysis the racial wealth gape disparity.

quote:
Six facts about wealth in the United States

On Wednesday night, the first of the 2020 Democratic debates will take place with ten candidates vying for the national spotlight. Senator Elizabeth Warren, one of the leading contenders for the nomination, will take the stage. She has proposed a wealth tax on the richest Americans, sparking intense debate about wealth inequality in the United States. Her proposal would levy a two percent tax on household net worth above $50 million and a three percent tax on household net worth above $1 billion.

As the Democratic candidates debate how to best address economic inequality, here are six things to know about wealth in the United States….

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2019/06/25/six-facts-about-wealth-in-the-united-states/

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com