This is topic Finding job in Sharm???? in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000914

Posted by sazzalien (Member # 3621) on :

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me.

i am hoping to go to sharm in the summer for 3 months and i want to find a job, but dont know it is going to be hard because i am a 18 years old and female!??the sort of job i want is bar work or waitressing!

also is it ok finding accommodation???

thanx s*

Posted by jaguar (Member # 3378) on :

Forget it..... you need a work permit.

Posted by sazzalien (Member # 3621) on :

how hard is it to get a work permit?

does it take a long time?

can i apply for one before i go?

what about if i do get a work permit...will i easily find a job??

Posted by jaguar (Member # 3378) on :

It is very hard to get a work permit. It takes ages for approval. You get a work permit FROM the bar that you will work for.

Posted by ExptinCAI (Member # 1439) on :

work permit? LOL

the only foreigners i know with a work permit are ones that come with big contract/govt & world agencies.

you don't need a work permit to work in a bar in a resort but you will probably have a hard time finding a job, as you will be competing with many other foreigners/egyptians. your only advantage is that you're a girl (there are not many egyptian women working in sharm).

try to find seasonal employment with a tour group/charter group from your own country that specializes in tours in sharm. that's your best bet i think

Posted by AMR the great (Member # 3076) on :

u can work without a work permit, but with a less money.
some people i know do that but i think not more than 6 months also u must keep away from police.lol.

Posted by Nefertity (Member # 628) on :

Hi sazzalien

I've been working before in sharm several times. Diving Center, Counter, Office....

All this without work-permit and the normal european-salary.

But off course more better, to get a job with work-permission.

About 70% of the europeans in sharm working black, it's an unspoken secret for the goverment, so they don't care this much.

As my experience it's not soooo hard to find a job now, special not int his time now (highseason near), contact for expl. the hardrockcafe in sharm. or sinaidivers in sharm. They are always looking for staff....
or check: www.resortjobs.com
Or just contact the hotels direct: www.touregypt.com

Wish you good luck! I'm going back also soon, and this time with work-permission.-))

Take care

Posted by Paul Strah (Member # 3639) on :

Can you help me find a job in Sharm as animator, swimming instructor, etc. without work-permit. I'll very grateful for any real help or advice.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com