This is topic One last question!! in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001144

Posted by YorkshireSue (Member # 4508) on :

Hi again!

Thankyou all so much for your help & advice, its made me feel much more confident about my holiday!

One more thing, though... about the electricity supply over there? Are they 2-point plugs like in Spain?

And can we drink the tap water?

I actually feel quite daft asking these questions as I suppose the answers must be obvious but I really have no idea!!

Thanks a million,

Sue x

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

You can drink the water but I recommend you don't. I am acclimatised to local water and have no trouble what so ever but a change to your gut bacteria can give you a gyppy tummy and who needs that on holiday. So stick to bottled.

The plugs are the the two pin round ones I have no idea if they are the same as Spain sorry.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posted by Shareen (Member # 989) on :

Yes Sue, the plugs are the same as in Spain.. just take your normal european adaptors with you.
And Akshar is right, if its your first trip stick to bottled water, the water is ok to drink but it doesnt taste nice and your stomach wont handle it very well at first. And dont forget that they probably use tap water to make ice....
Having said that, dont go overboard avoiding tap water, sometimes its all there is and it wont kill you.

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com