This is topic What was your motive to join ES? in forum Living in Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013166

Posted by Yanal (Member # 9121) on :

what was your motive to join ES , what were you looking for !

And lets all come clean , i am afraid all of you will choose friendship !!

Come on we all know that there are some egyptian guys who came here for sex and only sex (even if they were hiding this purpose by talkn about an operation or sugery [Smile] ) !

I will be watching you , say the truth Horny men [Smile]

Posted by Ana Huna (Member # 12632) on :

Well, I'm about to visit Egypt for the first time to study, so I came to get more info! [Wink]

Posted by mysticheart (Member # 6838) on :

my first post was to find information on how to marry in egypt legally

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

Was looking for a map of Egypt, and had a look at the forum, Hooked from then on.

So i guess all the members who voted for "gather some info about Egypt" are foreigners , what about you Egyptian guys !!! I am sure there are 3 guys here who joined for sex lol

Come on Egyptians vote , guess Egyptian are not used to voting and elections yet

Lack of democracy has its impact on Egyptians even online [Smile]

Posted by Alchemist (Member # 12318) on :

To boldly go where no man has gone before..........

Posted by Bettyboo (Member # 12987) on :

I joined ES to meet hot Egyptian men.

Posted by Korvin. (Member # 11013) on :

It was Murder, I wanted to confess my crimes to someone I don't know and who does not know me [Smile]
I feel redeemed now [Big Grin]

Posted by audbod (Member # 12901) on :

Feeling a bit psycho again are you Korvin?

Posted by Korvin. (Member # 11013) on :

Yea, some for a change,...

Posted by audbod (Member # 12901) on :

I came across this forum when i was looking for info on egyptian guys and orfi. I've been hooked ever since.

lol

Posted by al-Kahina (Member # 12077) on :

"Gather some information about Egypt " is the vast majority of votes so far...... But their motives for collecting this information is kinda sketchy.

Yeah I wanted to vent. I got alot of abuse at the beginning. But slowly users that gave me hell 3 years ago creep back recently and have given me some moral support.

Slowly but surely the questions I had asked have been answered and by the right usernames.

I find whatever you came to ES for in the first place dictates your behavior and contribution for the rest of your stay in the looniest forum I have seen. Even the "fissure" forum was more respectful and put together. [Roll Eyes]

Posted by homing pigeon (Member # 8039) on :

I voted other. I was homesick....came to connect with some Egyptians ...but strange, there were very few [Frown] but I found some really nice people though so I stayed.

Posted by Sparkle16 (Member # 13047) on :

I came looking for information about a trip to Egypt my husband and I are planning and got drawn into the stories of some of the people here. I guess I am addicted now! It is a fun site, never short of opinions!!

Posted by Shebah (Member # 12165) on :

I was trying to understand culture. My problems with trying to marry into an Egyptian family.

Posted by bella77 (Member # 13202) on :

Looking for info about Cairo, Egypt. Trying to get a little familiar with it before we head over there. I love this website though!! very open people and must of you are very nice.

I hope to meet you all one day, specially Ali very nice guy. By the way let me know if you want to try some good Honduran food when I get there [Smile] [Smile] I'll cook for you all. [Smile]

Posted by Tamu (Member # 842) on :

I voted gather some information about Egypt, and hope to visit there for the first time next year.

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Tamu, I voted the same as you. Even after living for three years in Egypt, I still wanted more information on the country.

I just saw you are an 'ancient' member [Wink] here on ES and I hope very much your dream of visiting Egypt will finally come true very soon. All the best!

Posted by Ariela (Member # 13091) on :

Hi.
I'm a lurker usually.
Just wanted to learn more about Egypt and culture

BTW, which ES member voted for s*x in the poll????

And did you get lucky so far? [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Ariela:
Hi.
I'm a lurker usually.
Just wanted to learn more about Egypt and culture

Keep on 'lurking', Ariela, and welcome to this forum!!!! [Smile]

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
To boldly go where no man has gone before..........

ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by mia ann (Member # 13024) on :

i was dating this guy who was originally from egypt who i met here in nyc and during that time i decided that i wanted to learn arabic so i was searching info about egyptian arabic and somehow in my search results came up this thread.....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum3/HTML/000654.html

i also wanted to learn more about his culture since i didn't know that much about contemporary egypt, i only knew a lot about ancient egypt.
so now here i am still and am now addicted.

Hi mia ann, how did the relationship with the Egyptian guy work out? Are you still together and going strong? And do you plan to visit Egypt at one point? [Smile]

Oh and I just checked out the link you gave, yeah I guess your first impression of this forum must have been a lasting one!!! That's soooooo ES!!! [Big Grin]

Posted by mia ann (Member # 13024) on :

yes we are still seeing each other. we don't get to see each other much though. he has really long work hours and i am very busy with school (thesis work).

i have wanted to go to Egypt for a really long time now. i almost got to go on a dig with my old Egyptology teacher, Dr. Earl Ertman. but i got into grad school so i couldn't go. before Dr Ertman left for Egypt he kept asking me if I'm sure i couldn't go and he kept telling me "something big is going to happen". turns out that year on that dig he was part of the group that discovered KV-63.
i probably wouldnt have seen much of egypt though.

Posted by MissNoor (Member # 12549) on :

I happened in here by accident looking for travel info to Egypt. Then I signed up and now I'm hooked also. Love the advice and the "soap opera" type adventures in here. I had my share of hard shakes in here because of my monetary support to my eygtian friend. I did learn to look for the "red flags" but I assure you I am very cautious now thanks to all those that have given their input. I hope to visit Egypt in the very near future. Altho my friend is in Dubai, I am trying to convince him to come back to his country so that we may meet and he could give me a tour of Egypt, mostly the ancient part. Would love to show the picture to my students.

mia ann...that certainly would have been cool! Maybe you still could do it sometime...

Posted by Sobriquet (Member # 13217) on :

I joined to aide a Muslim woman (and only this particular member) who was put down because of her family’s ethnicity, culture and belief in the Sunnah.

It’s an open agenda. Call me a romantic.

Posted by Miss Sharm (Member # 12405) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Yanal:
what was your motive to join ES , what were you looking for !

I didn't really have a motive to join ES. I came across ES whilst searching google for more information about Egyptians and their culture. Popped in now and again just reading what was going. Then I had a question that I wanted answering so decided to sign up. That was back in November and a lot has happened since then. I am pleased to have joined even though some bad experiences have come from ES the good ones far outweigh them and I have made some great friends since coming a member of this internet family [Smile] [Smile]

Amanda x x

Posted by micky azzam (Member # 11209) on :

i second that miss sharm . i also have made great friends on here and found some good information.found out some stuff i didnt need to know [Roll Eyes] but over all i got some great ideas and friends

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

Concernedness about a (female) friend who is Egyptian. Wanted to learn to understand more about the way of living, thinking, culture, religion, etc. After time I think I only got one conclusion: Most of what I thought was cultural of religious seemed to be a personal. And as a nation of people we`re more alike as what I supposed we were.

Posted by caterpillar (Member # 10438) on :

I came on because i was marrying an egyptian and wanted to know about the culture and religion. I am addicted now and i cant help coming on to see what everyone is up to, i miss people when they dont post and even though everyone is different i love you all xxxxx
strange how you can get attached to somewhere when you've never even met the people [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
BTW, which ES member voted for s*x in the poll????

And did you get lucky so far? [Big Grin]

It was me.

Oh, Betty, you didn't answer the second question (yet)! [Wink]

quote:

Now why are you putting me on the spot [Big Grin] No, I have not been lucky [Frown]

Posted by Sashyra88 (Member # 11693) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
quote:

Now why are you putting me on the spot [Big Grin] No, I have not been lucky [Frown]
They even deleted your thread,Betty Boo [Eek!] [Embarrassed]

Posted by Haleema (Member # 13227) on :

lol it looks like every1 joined due to egyptian men past and present...

everyone loves a bit of gossip

as for me wont be spilling my beans any time soon! lol

Posted by magnona777 (Member # 12466) on :

well, I watched ES for a little bit... I heard all the rumors.. and it looked like a fun place.. to chat about Egypt OR talk smack [Razz]

Posted by MrsC (Member # 10808) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Haleema:
lol it looks like every1 joined due to egyptian men past and present...

everyone loves a bit of gossip

as for me wont be spilling my beans any time soon! lol

not everyone! sounds like someone wants to be asked about their story....

well?! (welcome to ES btw)

Posted by SayWhatYouSee (Member # 11552) on :

I came to see wonderful things. [Smile]

Posted by Samia (Member # 4691) on :

I came here to find a guy half my age to give all my money to!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Samia (Member # 4691) on :

I came here to find a guy half my age to give all my money to!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Rumpole (Member # 13225) on :

I Came Here To Offer AnyOne A Quickie [Divorce]

Posted by Alchemist (Member # 12318) on :

quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
I came to see wonderful things. [Smile]

You're in for a wait then. [Wink] [Razz]

Posted by SayWhatYouSee (Member # 11552) on :

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Alchemist... but I can dream.

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause
To reach the unreachable five stars .''

"The Impossible Dream"

@Sashyra88: I know they deleted my thread and I was heart broken and angry [Mad] .

LOL Samia!

Posted by Sobriquet (Member # 13217) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
I joined to aide a Muslim woman (and only this particular member) who was put down because of her family’s ethnicity, culture and belief in the Sunnah.

It’s an open agenda. Call me a romantic.

I joined for the reason stated and perhaps when or if I return there won’t be a motive. You guys are not as bad as advertised. A walk in the park just a walk in the park.

quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
You guys are not as bad as advertised.

Interesting..... who's talking negatively about us???? [Mad]

Posted by Tamu (Member # 842) on :

quote:
Tamu, I voted the same as you. Even after living for three years in Egypt, I still wanted more information on the country.

I just saw you are an 'ancient' member ;) here on ES and I hope very much your dream of visiting Egypt will finally come true very soon. All the best!

I've been register on here long time mostly like to just read the different sections on here.

Posted by yorkshire rose (Member # 12072) on :

I came here looking for advice and to pour my heart out, and to know iff others were going through same situation
Know i keep things to myself
I love it hear
i really feel i made great friends, with lots in common, more than here in my own home town
Im so glad to be a part of this es family,
I just cant get into any other forum

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com