This is topic older western women & young Egyptian men in forum Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=004602

Posted by Debs (Member # 10874) on :

I would just like to hear from any women on here that have had a successful relationship with a younger Egyptian guy, after reading these horror stories on here it is making me very wary of trusting any of them, and I so want a future in Egypt, pm if you donot want to post to the public. I am 47 and my man is 31.

Posted by walkingathinline (Member # 11504) on :

every situation is different...

my husband is nearly 10 years younger than me and although we have had rough patches (mostly due to circumstances out of our control), we completely trust each other...and what relationship doesn't have ups and downs anyway!?!?

i just knew when i met him that he was honest - i could see it in his face, in his eyes, in the way he treated me - and still treats me...

make a future for YOURSELF in egypt...you don't have to have a relationship for that to happen...

follow your instincts!
cheers and good luck!
OM!

Posted by With a name like Smuckers (Member # 10289) on :

I would say 10 years or less (the more less the better) is a possibility for a successful marriage, moreso if you can still have children. 47 and 31 sounds a bit far fetched IMO, I mean you're talking about SIXTEEN YEARS difference! [Eek!] That's a lot...

Posted by Sparkle16 (Member # 13047) on :

You are both grownups! A 31 year old man probably knows his own mind. If you are both happy together, who cares what anyone else thinks! Only society dictates what age range people should be when they get together and looks at the divorce rates. It only becomes important when you want a family.

Posted by ***** (Member # 14677) on :

Each to their own, IMO 17 years is 2 big an age gap and is doomed to fail longterm, present is not the problem ten to fifeteen years down the road IS!!!

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Once there was a foreign woman one year shy of being 50 years old, married with teenage children, who fell head over heels in love with an Egyptian guy 15 years younger her age.

The guy didn't care how old she was, she was nice and paying everything for him, they had a good time. They made big plans, she would divorce her husband of twenty something years and would bring her Egyptian lover over to her country.

Well three months later she was dead when she returned back home. Although her Egyptian husband never confessed to the killing he is currently serving 30 years in prison.

Debs, I am sure you mean it good with this man. I don't think you are still married but I hope from this true story - which happened several years ago - and other ES 'horror stories' (although I can't verify any truth) you realize that Egyptian men will go for almost anything to get what they want - too many of them.

The age gap between the both of you is simply too much.

You mention you wanna have a future with him in Egypt? Incl. have a own business together or at least you will finance him his dream, yes?

And once he is more financially settled because of you he will want to have a family - but not with you to say right out. Have you ever thought about how it is to share a man with a co-wife - maybe?

Good luck. I would tell you to enjoy this relationship for the moment and that's all.

Posted by Ayisha (Member # 4713) on :

everyone is different. no one can say that up to a certain age difference it will be ok and a bigger age difference wont make it, its down to the individuals concerned. I know a couple here with an age difference of over 15 years, they have been married happily for over 17 years. I have an age difference of almost 18 years but he is more mature than me [Big Grin] There is at least one other here with same age difference married here over 5 years. There are those with hardly any age difference that dont make it and those with even bigger age differences that do, so its all down to the individuals concerned whether it lasts or not.

walkingathinline is right though, make a future in Egypt for YOU. I moved here for ME and would be staying if all did turn sour. My ex husband of 21 years was 3 years older than me, treated me like shite and left me in serious debt, and he was a Brit same as I am, so you cant say someone of the same age and same culture will be any better. [Wink]

you DO have to discuss kids and excess wives though [Big Grin]

Saying all that, yes there are many many complete arseholes who will do anything for money or a visa, there are plenty of those stories here. You have to keep your eyes open and listen to your instincts, any red flags make note of and interrogate him and surrounding villagers [Razz] There will always be some kind soul who will inject you with what they think you need to know.

Is there any guarantee with any relationship? Just be careful with your money Debs, if you are happy to provide a 'better life' for half a village while at the same time having the time YOU want here then whats the problem? Make sure everything is in your name and that you have control of your money but if you want a life here, do it for YOU.

Posted by yorkshire rose (Member # 12072) on :

There is a 13 year gap between us, and i certainly dont see it as a problem.
We dont seem different at all.
Ok i sometimes feel older, luckily i can have kids, was never married before and dont have children. Even iff i did it wouldnt have been a problem for him, but for the family well.
It can be succsesful.

Posted by Bonzo (Member # 12594) on :

Wait until you turn 65 and he's still a young 50. Trust me, age doesn't matter at first when you are both younger but with that much of a gap, it's going to be an issue as one gets ready to retire and the other still has 15 more years to work. Add on top of that the normal physical changes one experiences as we get older and now you find the healthy, vital one feels like they are no longer on the same playing field as the older one. You can't do the same things together anymore because of health issues and the younger one begins to wonder if they aren't missing out on life because their lives are spent more at doctor's offices with their loved one & caring for them than being out at the beach.

It's reality and not being shallow or selfish at all. We all know we will die one day but most of us when we reach a certain age will begin to reflect on the things we did or didn't accomplish. You want to make the 2nd part count for all you got left but if you are married to someone 15+ years older, you find yourself not being able to enjoy the activities you once did together.

What do you think a young stud with a much older woman is going to do when she goes through menopause? [Confused]

There is no perfect formula and I think it can differ greatly, but I would definitely not go by the success stories here with the huge age gaps. The success stories here are few and far between, especially in comparison with the failures. If you are a logical person & can do the math, you will see that stats show you have a doomed relationship going into it with the age initially. I do think that people who know more about the culture or are able to live WITHIN the culture have a better go of things...the rest is down to luck.
Point being: while so far things have worked out in my own marriage and with our own daughter, if I knew then what I know now I would NOT HAVE risked it, and we don't have the huge age gap either!
Do I love my husband? Sure, do I love our daughter, of course. But I see now how many things could have gone wrong and in the end you have to ask yourself 'is what I am risking worth more than what I am willing to lose?'. If not, break it off and save yourself the heartache. Just my 2 cents ~

Good advice, really you have to work on a marriage, the dating and wedding is easy its what comes after that is hard.

Bonzo, the couple I mentioned who have been married over 17 years, she is now 66/67. They both still work and she has suffered many many illnesses while being here. He has always made sure she has the best of care and travels to Cairo hospitals and stays with her. Not all men dump their wives when they are ill or menopausal [Wink]

I agree with smucky, dont risk what you cant afford to lose, financially or emotionally. Also, the cultural differences affect the relationship. The more successful ones, in my experience, are the ones who will embrace and live within the culture, not try to bring their cultural habits and norms to here, it doesnt work well.

If anyone is thinking of living here, its hard, its frustrating, its confusing, there are days you cant take anymore of whatever and want to stay indoors to avoid whatever. There are other days that make it all worthwhile though, its finding a balance and accepting another culture which is totally different to your own. Many things dont make sense and you find yourself thinking 'who built the Pyramids?' but you have to get through that. Certainly you have to work hard at an intercultural marriage, both of you have to work hard but if you are coming here to his world then you have to work harder!

And Bonzo, women reach their peak in their 40s, men in their 20s [Wink] [Big Grin]

quote:
If anyone is thinking of living here, its hard, its frustrating, its confusing, there are days you cant take anymore of whatever and want to stay indoors to avoid whatever. There are other days that make it all worthwhile though, its finding a balance and accepting another culture which is totally different to your own. Many things dont make sense and you find yourself thinking 'who built the Pyramids?' but you have to get through that. Certainly you have to work hard at an intercultural marriage, both of you have to work hard but if you are coming here to his world then you have to work harder!
Truer words were never spoken. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel Ayisha!
If you can imagine a 'normal' (what is that??) marriage being difficult and taking work, throw differences of culture on top of that and OMGGG if you never had patience before you will find it in you somewhere. [Mad] Even the culture is (in our eyes) backwards and so differnet from what we are used to, and culture shock exists (anyone remember mine??) but if you can push through that things get better.

I think it's a bad idea to just focus on the marriage/wedding, the idea of marrying an exotic foreign man and how fascinating and new your relationship will be. Imagine pushing past all of that and finding differences that sometimes frustrate you BOTH to the point of tears...things you cannot understand or that don't make sense. Imagine being married 5, 10 or 15 years and know that each year you learn something new and have new challenges..it's so hard. SO HARD, I honestly never knew how many cultural differences people can have from culture to culture - my eyes are open now.

Yes we do have to work harder for sure, and i agree sometimes i just never want to face the world outside.
I never belived it would be as hard as it is sometimes.
I guess its worth it in the long run.

Posted by akshar (Member # 1680) on :

As someone with a big gap and a five year marriage still going strong I think I have something to contribute.

1) Your life should be in Egypt not abroad. There is more chance of you adapting and stay the course than him IMHO
2) You must have an interest in the country and want to live there apart from him. I often say my husband was the catalyst not the reason
3) You must have something to do. The culture here is for the men to spend hours away from the home and you will end up being very bored otherwise
4) Don't mix with expats (well only a selected few)
5) Statistics are against you, like Ayisha I know just the same number of success stories. I would say 99% fail
6) Resolve the children issue in a way acceptable to both of you
7) Make sure you know the family and are acceptable to them

LOL@bonzo
quote:
their lives are spent more at doctor's offices with their loved one & caring for them than being out at the beach.
quote:
What do you think a young stud with a much older woman is going to do when she goes through menopause?
EXACTLY!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

like me [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

LOL Why shouldn't you mix with expats? Living where I do, I hardly have any choice, but is that an issue in Luxor? [Confused]

I do mix with a few ex pats but you have to choose wisely. Here in Luxor gossip is rife and some ex pats with nothing better to do LOVE to stir things up. As for rip offs, many ex pats are way better at it than any Egyptian 'love interest' [Wink]

Posted by ????? (Member # 12336) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Debs:
I would just like to hear from any women on here that have had a successful relationship with a younger Egyptian guy, after reading these horror stories on here it is making me very wary of trusting any of them, and I so want a future in Egypt, pm if you donot want to post to the public. I am 47 and my man is 31.

Well, You're just wanting to hear succes-stories...???? Why ??? Just to hear what you like to hear???
At first every situation is different and every couple is different, and listening to stories about succes or no succes, are just stories about others, not about you...
You are 47, your boyfriend is 31 and you are having doubts. Of course you have them. Majority of men in this kind of relationships has at least another perspective on marriage as the women do have them, and this is kindly spoken.
If you believe in him, in his intentions, in his personality, his views on life, his family etc... it also will be your decision to marry him or not. Just listening to stories only will give you things in mind to be cautious for, in the end it is your decision and yours only...
We cannot advice you in this...

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I do mix with a few ex pats but you have to choose wisely. Here in Luxor gossip is rife and some ex pats with nothing better to do LOVE to stir things up.

Yeah I remember numerous threads in the past here on ES trying to slander other expats in Luxor!!

Posted by Sashyra8 (Member # 14488) on :

<And Bonzo, women reach their peak in their 40s, men in their 20s>

Absolutely and totally! [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
As someone with a big gap and a five year marriage still going strong I think I have something to contribute.

1) Your life should be in Egypt not abroad. There is more chance of you adapting and stay the course than him IMHO
2) You must have an interest in the country and want to live there apart from him. I often say my husband was the catalyst not the reason
3) You must have something to do. The culture here is for the men to spend hours away from the home and you will end up being very bored otherwise
5) Statistics are against you, like Ayisha I know just the same number of success stories. I would say 99% fail
6) Resolve the children issue in a way acceptable to both of you
7) Make sure you know the family and are acceptable to them

Brilliant as usual,Ashkar!!! [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:

What does that mean exactly? [Confused] What do I have to look forward to??

Posted by VanillaBullshit (Member # 10873) on :

quote:

When he's 50 you'll be 66.

That's when he'll start boning other women coz by that age you will be un-bonable.

Posted by Anthropos (Member # 9410) on :

I am married to an egyptian who is 5 years my junior.

he is living currently with me in europe and doing quite well at adjusting to things here.

our relationship has been rocky at times but we have managed so far and we are happy. i truly believe that there is a real feeling of love between us. if not, my husband deserves and oscar for this role.

regarding the age difference, i do sometimes feel that i am at a different stage in my life than he is. he is very young, only 23, and I do remember how I was at that age. I wanted to have fun and experience new things. Of course I still want that, but i find that accepting more responsibility has become easier for me as I have gotten older.

He has had his responsibilities thrust more at him. We will see if he is strong enough to handle them.

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:

What does that mean exactly? [Confused] What do I have to look forward to??
You have nothing special to look forward to. Women in this period of life are expierencing the results of the changing of hormonal levels and this can cause (temporary) unbalances in character to. If there is a young talking into her at that same time, this might work stimulating, motivating and feeling great and will result into the same way downwards when it all was different as she supposed it was.
They lose reality, the sense to see what it is for real. In fact it is pretty important to have a stabile support by her side, at that particular time.
There are reasons for this important changings of life, of relationship, of carreer etc. specially in this years. Maybe nice to mention, also men have this, only a bit early as women have. The home-situation is important then.

Posted by Vader (Member # 14189) on :

quote:

And Bonzo, women reach their peak in their 40s, men in their 20s [Wink] [Big Grin]

More like mid 30's for women and early 30's for men.

no vader it is a fact that men are in thier sexual peak in thier 20s and women in thier sexual peak in thier 40s (thats what you have to look forward to smucks [Big Grin] )

sadly me and hubby are both past this stage although no one has told our hormones yet [Wink]

Posted by of_gold (Member # 13418) on :

I think age can be an issue in itself, but with that said; I sit trying to think of the successful marriages that I know here. What I term as success is that the two are happy in the relationship and not looking outside of it to make up for what it lacks.

I can think of five at the moment. Three of which have a huge age difference (over 10 years). In fact they are the only ones I know who have a big age difference and they are successful. From my observation, the couples who have a large age difference, marry mostly because they really love there spouse.

I don't think that most set out to marry or even want someone who is in a different decade than themselves. It would not be my ideal situation. I think they just meet someone that no one else can compare to.

Years ago I met a younger man older woman relationship. He told me about the age difference and I was shocked at the time. He looked at me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said, "it works" . I could tell how he loved her.

Seems to me that many who marry these days, marry for convenience, or children, or its time and this is who is available, or they think its Gods will, or... basically the wrong reasons. I know many who have all the right statics for a proper marriage, yet their marriage is less than desirable. They may stay together but are not happy or get needs met else where.

I am really surprised at Muslims who see such a problem with age and then say that Muhammad is the example of the perfect man. It seems that the two wives he loved the most were the ones that he had the greatest age difference with. Go figure.

Who is to say that age is the condition by which to judge whether a relationship will be successful or not?

Posted by manx (Member # 14517) on :

of gold excellent post [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posted by Bonzo (Member # 12594) on :

quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
quote:

When he's 50 you'll be 66.

That's when he'll start boning other women coz by that age you will be un-bonable.

Thank you! That's what I was talkin' about. How many men in their 50's are out chasing women half their age? I just don't think when he's 50 and the woman is 65, he's going to be wanting to get her in the sack every chance he gets. And it works both ways. . .she's 50 and he's 65 & has "problems". . .she'll start looking elsewhere for satisfaction. Sorry but that's just the reality when you are at different stages in physical life.

quote:
I am really surprised at Muslims who see such a problem with age and then say that Muhammad is the example of the perfect man. It seems that the two wives he loved the most were the ones that he had the greatest age difference with. Go figure.
True, too much of letting tradition dictate cultural norms...unfortunately. HOWEVER that doesn't change the fact that how it is here is EXACTLY that...it would be wrong of us to tell a woman sixteen years older that it's all fine and dandy when the man's own cultural norms go against everything having to do with a union of age that large. IT IS POSSIBLE, and it does work for some, but statistically no way. It's difficult to find it work where the man isn't after something...and you can't tell in the beginning, either. You can't say 'well we do it and it's successful and he didn't want me for anything'...um how long have you been married? What is the situation of the marriage, how much have you given versus how much he has given, children, family, etc. There are so many things to add up it's ridiclous.

I'm not saying that MY marriage is successful versus anyone else's. SO FAR it's working well and we have begun our family and things with us are relatively peaceful and 'it works'. But who knows what the future will bring..I would be wrong to delude myself into thinking 'ours is the successful union'...do I think it has a better chance than most? Yes, but that is due to different factors. I have met so many on ES within the last 5 years that it really boggles the mind to see how many enter into relationships where there are so many factors working against them and 98% of the time they fail within the first 2 years. It's insane!

And forget about warning people, they rarely listen...they either think you are against them (whatever that means?) or you don't want their happiness or you are just WRONG because he's the GOOD ONE and their huge age difference or 15 children won't matter in their situation, OR they take offense to your heartfelt warnings. What to do? [Confused]

Posted by tootsie (Member # 13946) on :

What's an ex pat ?

Posted by hibbah (Member # 12156) on :

quote:
quote:
True, too much of letting tradition dictate cultural norms...unfortunately. HOWEVER that doesn't change the fact that how it is here is EXACTLY that...it would be wrong of us to tell a woman sixteen years older that it's all fine and dandy when the man's own cultural norms go against everything having to do with a union of age that large. IT IS POSSIBLE, and it does work for some, but statistically no way. It's difficult to find it work where the man isn't after something...and you can't tell in the beginning, either. You can't say 'well we do it and it's successful and he didn't want me for anything'...um how long have you been married? What is the situation of the marriage, how much have you given versus how much he has given, children, family, etc. There are so many things to add up it's ridiclous.

I'm not saying that MY marriage is successful versus anyone else's. SO FAR it's working well and we have begun our family and things with us are relatively peaceful and 'it works'. But who knows what the future will bring..I would be wrong to delude myself into thinking 'ours is the successful union'...do I think it has a better chance than most? Yes, but that is due to different factors. I have met so many on ES within the last 5 years that it really boggles the mind to see how many enter into relationships where there are so many factors working against them and 98% of the time they fail within the first 2 years. It's insane!

And forget about warning people, they rarely listen...they either think you are against them (whatever that means?) or you don't want their happiness or you are just WRONG because he's the GOOD ONE and their huge age difference or 15 children won't matter in their situation, OR they take offense to your heartfelt warnings. What to do? [Confused]

Yes, its hard to give advice, especially to someone online. I think the fact that we don't actually *know* one another, gives our advice less importance or less reliability (which would then make you wonder why someone would even ask...)

But even in my relationship, there are people who keep telling me that cross cultural marriages don't work, etc etc, they always fail, etc, etc, you'll have such and such difficulties- but I don't listen to them. So what does that make me? [Smile]

I think in the end, a person asks for advice for reasurance, and when they get something in the negative, they reject is. They only accept the positive feedback, b/c thats what they came for. Something to push THEM forward, because deep down inside, they themselves have doubts.

But yeah, 16 years is a big difference. And as for The Prophet and Khadijah, im sorry, but I doubt the guy we're talking about is comparable to the Prophet- considering he's willing to have an orfi contract, and stay with a woman at a hotel.

quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
What's an ex pat ?

an ex-patriate is someone who is living in a country or culture other than their own. Like an American citizen living in Egypt.

quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
What's an ex pat ?

Expatriate.Someone who has moved to live in another country is an expatriate.

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

A 16-year age difference is ok for friends, but for man and wife? Hmmm, that's risky, I would say. It's your life though, there ARE success stories. Take care.

quote:
no vader it is a fact that men are in thier sexual peak in thier 20s and women in thier sexual peak in thier 40s (thats what you have to look forward to smucks [Big Grin] )

sadly me and hubby are both past this stage although no one has told our hormones yet [Wink]

I was talking about physical performance.

May I ask where you got your fact from ?

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:

I was talking about physical performance.

May I ask where you got your fact from ?

I have your answer! This is pretty funny. From MENS HEALTH:

Sex Myths
You've heard the loose talk. Here's how it stacks up with reality
Photographs by: Ondrea Barbe, Compiled by: Amy Jo Van Bodegraven
0 Comments | 11 Recommended ADVERTISEMENTMen reach their sexual peak at 18, and women reach theirs at 28.
TRUE With regard to their supply of sexual hormones, at least. Testosterone peaks at age 18 in men; women's estrogen hits its high point in their mid-20s. "But peak hormones don't mean peak sexual performance," says Marc Goldstein, M.D., a professor of reproductive medicine and urology at Cornell University's Weill Medical College. So feel free to try for a personal best--at any age.
Semen is low-carb.
FALSE"Semen is mostly fruit sugar [fructose] and enzymes--not low-carb," says Dr. Goldstein. Which finally explains why there's no Oral Sex Diet.
Masturbation yields the strongest orgasm.
TRUE But it's not a hard-and-fast rule, as it were. "It depends on the individual," says Jon L. Pryor, M.D., a professor of urologic surgery at the University of Minnesota. "For some it does, but for others, there's nothing that beats good ol' intercourse."
The average erection measures 8 inches.
FALSERelax, Shorty. It's closer to 6.
No penis is too large or too small for any vagina.
TRUE But perception still wins the game in the end. "I was once at a dinner meeting with seven other sex doctors--six men and one woman," says Dr. Pryor. "The men all agreed that size doesn't matter. The woman looked at us and said, 'Think what you want. Size matters.' We all left dejected."
Oysters make you horny.
FALSEYou make you horny. "There is no scientific evidence that oysters increase libido," says Dr. Pryor. "But there may be a placebo effect, so if it works, great!"
Green M&Ms make you horny.
FALSEUnless they do. Then it's true. Isn't the mind wonderful?
Men think about sex every 7 seconds.
FALSEThat number is tossed around a lot, but the truth is that only 23 percent of men claim to fantasize frequently. But maybe the rest are just too distracted to check the clock.
Cutting out broccoli will make your semen taste better.
TRUE Semen is naturally bitter, and eating broccoli and drinking coffee can make it worse. A ray of hope for the Oral Sex Diet!
Having sex before an important event--the big game, the critical presentation--can ruin your performance in the event.
FALSESwiss researchers performed stress tests on people 2 and 10 hours after the subjects had had sex, and found that by 10 hours, the participants were fully recovered. There was only a small dip in performance 2 hours after sex.
Having sex in water (swimming pool, hot tub, shower) will kill sperm.
TRUE Some of your swimmers may die, but it isn't an effective method of birth control, according to Dr. Pryor. Though a hot tub can overheat your testicles and kill sperm, there should be plenty left for the egg hunt.
You can become addicted to Web porn.
TRUE But the risk is low. Only 1 percent of all people who check out Internet porn will become addicted. If you're sporting a ring, be careful: 38 percent of addicts are married.

Posted by Sic Luceat Lux (Member # 12020) on :

Vader is right and Ayisha is wrong.

Male sexual performance is strongly related to testosterone production, and testosterone production in men typically starts to decline gradually in the early 30s.

It may peak in the late teens, but it doesn't start declining till more than a decade later.

And for women, the sweet spot is late 20s to mid 30s..

Ofcourse, these are averages. Some men and women retain their full sexual capabilities well into their 60s and beyond..

The key to having lasting sexual performance is to keep having alot of sex on a regular basis.

If you use it, you won't lose it..

But if you don't use it, then you'll lose it [Big Grin]

There are many "older" couples that haven't had sex with each other for years, and as a consequence, their sexual capability is severely diminished.

~Alistair

Posted by young at heart (Member # 10365) on :

I've avoided this thread because I find it difficult to be impartial because I am with a younger man. I can honestly see both sides to this. Having seen and heard stories that have turned bad, in one case very bad! I know the chances of success are probably very slim, but when you meet and fall in love with someone younger, it's not planned, well not in my case anyway! sometimes you just have to go with it. We started as friends and 2 1/2 years down the line we're still together, but not in the same country yet because I don't want to rush things. I think unless you know the people concerned it is very difficult to pass judgement.

<If you use it, you won't lose it..

But if you don't use it, then you'll lose it >

[Big Grin] [Wink]

quote:
But even in my relationship, there are people who keep telling me that cross cultural marriages don't work, etc etc, they always fail, etc, etc, you'll have such and such difficulties- but I don't listen to them. So what does that make me?
I think that it means that you are secure in your choice, and an independent thinker. [Wink]

I can understand warning people and pointing out what sometimes happens but nobody knows the future. Maybe some will be successful and some will end in disaster, who's to say?

What if someone doesn't take the chance because "they are warned" then miss out on the best thing that could ever happened to them? Maybe those that end in disaster need the life lesson or experience.

I don't know all answers. One thing for sure, be very wary of those who know all the answers and are so certain as to what is the "right way" for all.

"To your own self be true."

quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:

But yeah, 16 years is a big difference. And as for The Prophet and Khadijah, im sorry, but I doubt the guy we're talking about is comparable to the Prophet- considering he's willing to have an orfi contract, and stay with a woman at a hotel.

Why is it that every little detail of the prophet is copied to the point of how to use the bathroom but THIS detail there is always this excuse?

The prophet married virgins, widows, divorcees, older women, younger women, so why is THIS not an example when everything else no matter how minor or rediculous is? You cant use the excuse 'this guy is not like the prophet' just on one thing and not on others. [Roll Eyes]

I have to agree with one thing, the Prophet is copied (sunna) in so many things but not in marrying divorcees, older women or widows...which I find laughable. Yes the culture here is much dictated by tradition, but it is a bit hypocritical that so many claim to live SUNNA but only as they see fit. Not that it's my business...but I have always found it disappointing that so many convert women from the West have to go overseas for husbands. It really puts them at a risk for being used and makes finding a GOOD Muslim man difficult.

IMO IF there were more REAL believers then MORE men closer to home would be willing to take convert brides, whether they be divorced, widowed or not virgins. That is disappointing and quite telling IMO of the truth faith of those so-called Sunna peeps. [Wink]

Posted by advocate (Member # 13367) on :

Although her Egyptian husband never confessed to the killing he is currently serving 30 years in prison.

...so are we saying that older women are at risk of being murdered by their younger husbands?!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

smucks, Now I live here I see MANY MANY Muslims, but very very little ISLAM. I didnt have to go overseas to find a husband, I had heaps of offers in my own country from men younger, older and my own age, they just weren't 'right'. I asked Allah for a particular type of man and found him in Egypt, he just happened to be younger which was not something I had asked for.

You are right in that the tradition here determines what they take as Islam, most dont know there is a difference and carry on age old traditions that are nothing to do with Islam at all, like FGM.

The example of the prophet in marrying all these different types of woman should be used exactly as an example that its ok to marry older, younger, non-virgins, widows etc. but then there are those who will pick out the hadith about marrying virgins being better, like sands did. This is totally opposite of what we know about him and his devotion to khadijah, he never married another woman while she was alive because he loved her even though she was 15 years older than him.

As for using the orfi thing in connection to the prophet hibbah, tell me exactly HOW people in those times actually married. Did they go to the embassy? did they go to a civil court? No, they made a committment to each other in front of witnesses and that was it, married.

quote:
Originally posted by advocate:
Although her Egyptian husband never confessed to the killing he is currently serving 30 years in prison.

...so are we saying that older women are at risk of being murdered by their younger husbands?!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

I think my younger husband is at risk if he doesnt get out of bed soon, he insisted he needed to be up at 9am and its now 10.20am [Mad]

quote:

What a lame comment to such a sad happening!

I never stated that her Egyptian husband was younger you need to re-read my post. Just to clear some facts up. He was a well-known doctor with many patients, also his brother is known by every Egyptian. But all that changed few years ago. I am just sorry for the whole family, their boys including. What a tragedy. [Frown]

I met many male weasels while living in Egypt, men who went after foreign women for all the wrong reasons but this guy just topped them all. Only after her death I got to know that she was married.

quote:
Originally posted by Sic Luceat Lux:

But if you don't use it, then you'll lose it [Big Grin]

~Alistair

You lose WHAT, Alistair??? [Big Grin] [Wink]

IT, tl, IT falls off [Big Grin]

quote:
smucks, Now I live here I see MANY MANY Muslims, but very very little ISLAM. I didnt have to go overseas to find a husband, I had heaps of offers in my own country from men younger, older and my own age, they just weren't 'right'. I asked Allah for a particular type of man and found him in Egypt, he just happened to be younger which was not something I had asked for.

You are right in that the tradition here determines what they take as Islam, most dont know there is a difference and carry on age old traditions that are nothing to do with Islam at all, like FGM.

The example of the prophet in marrying all these different types of woman should be used exactly as an example that its ok to marry older, younger, non-virgins, widows etc. but then there are those who will pick out the hadith about marrying virgins being better, like sands did. This is totally opposite of what we know about him and his devotion to khadijah, he never married another woman while she was alive because he loved her even though she was 15 years older than him.

As for using the orfi thing in connection to the prophet hibbah, tell me exactly HOW people in those times actually married. Did they go to the embassy? did they go to a civil court? No, they made a committment to each other in front of witnesses and that was it, married.

Yes but it was also a different time back then. I doubt people were orfi'ing back then to shack up in tents for the night. [Razz]

Many overseas are pushed to find good Muslim husbands overseas because the 'right' ones in their own countries are either too far between (i.e. the women live in rural areas) or the men are simply not marrying them either out of pressure from families to marry from the old country or out of fear that she isn't a born muslim. Not sure what that means, perhaps many think that born muslims are 'easier' (they know the history/traditions/practices easier). But I disagree, what they get in benefits from teaching and helping converts must be beyond this world~

Posted by Shahrazat (Member # 12769) on :

After a certain age, our souls need to rest. I mean if you get married with a very young man or woman, you will always feel yourself under pressure to keep him/her under your control. You will feel restless with the looks of other people when they learn you are husband&wife.
Or when your couple looks a young one...
Does love worth to it? No....

quote:
quote:

Yes but it was also a different time back then. I doubt people were orfi'ing back then to shack up in tents for the night. [Razz]

Yes they were smucks, they called it Muta' back then, temporary marriage [Wink]

[Eek!] SAY IT ISN'T SO!! [Eek!] How could you!!?? Tisk tisk tisk...

Posted by PeaceAtLast (Member # 14252) on :

im 27 and because i liked to do my own thing and not deal with my hubbys business, he left. )among other bulsshit) and he was 28 at the time and got with a 46 yr old woman...a very ugly one at that too! well, he got her to wuit her job and work for h im 12 hrs a day and 7 days a week. haha on her cuz im having a great life! anyway, after he saw how good i made myself after i got rid of his stupid ass, he slowly trying to crawl his way back into my life. now he telling me to come to egypt with him...
his brother was 22 when he married a 37 yr old woman and let me tell you what i see him do behind her back.
they need a mommie figure thats all it is.

Posted by happybunny (Member # 14224) on :

Where has Deb gone?

Maybe she has been frightened off [Eek!]

I think it has to do the persons involved. I also think you have to be pretty confident to go out with a much younger guy. I have known many women who have drove themselves crazy wondering if and when their hubbys were going to run off with a younger model, some did some didn't.

I think it can work and as you see Deb on the responces above but it all depends on the man (and woman).

With ANY man you have to trust your gut instincts! [Wink]

In my relationship my hubby is always quick to point out i am older (by 6 months [Big Grin] ) but i had different reasons put to me about our relationship, religion, culture etc. It has worked to date (thank god) but as in any relationship you have to work hard at it. For me personally i could not be with a younger guy because i am not very confident and would drive him and myself insane even if he were not doing anything bad.

You do your own thing Deb and good luck to you!

quote:
Originally posted by happybunny:
Where has Deb gone?

I think she was more hoping to receive PMs anyway and to privately chat with others.

Debs if you still out there: Take all our replies to heart, perhaps read more on this forum and ONLY you can finally decide if you want to pursue this relationship farther or not. Good luck with whatever way you choose and perhaps you prove some of us wrong - me included. All the best.

quote:

In my relationship my hubby is always quick to point out i am older (by 6 months [Big Grin] )

HB how can you possibly expect that to last with such a massive age gap [Eek!] honestly some women never learn [Roll Eyes]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by BIC RUNGA ROXX (Member # 14666) on :

OK...
i quote the follwoing from my answer to that fella in Alex who is looking for a foreign female friend..

for those who think that all Egyptian men are this bad...either in this thread or another one i was viewing the other day..i tell them...

I am married to a wonderful lady..she is not an Egyptian...
we met abroad..while i was studying...she is the light of my eyes..
and everything for me..
she decided to come and live in Egypt..just couple of years ago..and i loved the idea ..specially when our kids need to be close to their roots .
I never used her money.. loool she is using my money.. [Big Grin]
she is crazy money spender also specially shoes and watches but seriously she doesn`t abuse my generousity [Smile] .

i never hurt her or abused her physically...mentally or emotionally..
and i never forced her to convert to Islam..she did that even before i knew her..and she decided to wear Hijab on her own before going to Mecca together 5 years ago...
our 2 lovely crazy hyper active boys age ( 7 and 4 ) are happy..and we are happy..enjoying what Allah gave to us of bounties...
and yes...i am an Egyptian....and my wife is 4 years Older than me..i`m 36 now..
we share everything together...
we eat together...we sleep at the same time...we go to work together as she is my office manager.
we go to the club together..we play tennis together..even when i go to play futzal with my male buddies...she is there watching with our kids..we watch the same tv shows...same movies...we like the same food..we do the laudry together..garden our small backyard together.....we travel together everywhere...we don`t read the same books though.. [Roll Eyes] !!

right now she is right next to me ...
and she is laughing... [Big Grin] she says that she hates the way i drive..
well..how come i never crashed my car once.. and she crashed hers 4 times already..?? [Big Grin] loool

she is with me in all steps of my life since we got married 13 years ago....and all i hope is that she will be my partner in Heaven God willing .

ahhh i have to add ...that we both think that BIC RUNGA ROXX.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !!!

mmmmmmm I love happy stories. [Smile] It gives me hope. Thanks so much for posting this BIC RUNGA ROXX.

PS. What is BIC RUNGA ROXX? [Confused]

Posted by advocate (Member # 13367) on :

BCR..that is a wonderful outline of your family life thank you for sharing [Smile] [Smile]

Yes good to hear a positive slant. [Smile]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my relationship my hubby is always quick to point out i am older (by 6 months )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayisha quoted: HB how can you possibly expect that to last with such a massive age gap honestly some women never learn

--------------------------------------------

I know Ayisha, What am i to do when i am 65 he will only be .............. errrr 64 1/2 [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posted by Debs (Member # 10874) on :

well all, would just like to thank you all for your contributions privately and publicly, I am just going out to order my zimmer frame,and get my lifetime supply of cocoa, then i should be able to settle into my old age comfortably lol, as most say i have to decide and find out for myself what life will be like with my toyboy, so i am just going to sit back take everything in my stride and live for today, as your a long time dead, and if i can go out on a high then all the better. Debs xx

Sure debs, no harm in that, just keep your guard up. I think as long as you have no children in tow (or at home!) and you are both adults then just approach it from an ADULT point of view and don't get lost in mushy throw-away words. The greatest tool of the Egyptian man is his ability to sweet-talk....whether he is entirely honest about that is another thing. [Wink]

Best of luck and represent the Western woman well! [Smile]

zimmer frame Debs? Is it motorized?? I want one that does at least 100mph down the corniche, im going to age in style!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hheheheheheh nice one Ayisha, me too, i feel the need for speed. i think them motorized ones are really great.
me in one of those and my young hubby jogging next to me. i can picture it now. chuckle chuckle.

quote:
Best of luck and represent the Western woman well! [Smile]

Hard to accomplish sometimes if you actually just wanna get laid!! [Razz]

ZIP IT TL !! [Mad]

[Razz] [Big Grin]

Debs forget the zimmer frame and go straight for the mobility scooter! we could have grand prix races the works! Instead of champagne to shake on the winners podium, we could have lucozade! [Big Grin]

forget zimmer frame, forget mobility scooter, they have QUAD BIKES here!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Best fun I had in ages............................apart from last week when me, hubby and my friend went on a donkey ride around the west bank [Big Grin]

Posted by Mrs (Member # 14656) on :

I find it interesting how many women here are with men younger than them, it does seem more like the norm, which IS unusual - so whats the reason? Because even in the UK, mostly women are younger than their partners - USUALLY

My husband is older than me by five years, this works well for me, I dont think I could be with someone younger.

Am I the only one? Smuckers, you are younger than your husband aren't you?

Anyone else?

My Ami husband is 6 years and 7 months older than I am.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:
I find it interesting how many women here are with men younger than them, it does seem more like the norm, which IS unusual - so whats the reason? Because even in the UK, mostly women are younger than their partners - USUALLY

You know it's because middle-aged Egyptian men are off the market (meaning they are already married and have family). Most of the guys female tourists meet in Egyptian resorts are young in between 18 - 35 I would say. Many older women who fall in love with an Egyptian while on vacation are usually divorcees, have teenage/grown up kids, have a history already. These women are flattered to receive so much attention in Egypt what they normally would not find where they live.

Posted by Kleobatra (Member # 14882) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
My Ami husband is 6 years and 7 months older than I am.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs:

You know it's because middle-aged Egyptian men are off the market (meaning they are already married and have family). Most of the guys female tourists meet in Egyptian resorts are young in between 18 - 35 I would say. Many older women who fall in love with an Egyptian while on vacation are usually divorcees, have teenage/grown up kids, have a history already. These women are flattered to receive so much attention in Egypt what they normally would not find where they live.
Think you're observation is about right. It's also true, I think, unmarried or divorced middle-aged European men are less outgoing. So, for a middle-aged European woman it's not so easy to get aquainted the usual way with someone of about her own age.

From what I've heard an read, there's a lot of unemployment among the Egyptian youth. Even if they have a good education. Working in the tourist industry is a way out. But I don't think it's a kind of job you keep up with for long. I don't know if it's a co-incidence, but I've spoken a few tourist guides in their late thirties, early forties. They seemed a bit cynical and burned-out. Like: "Here I still am after all these years, wearing this stupid t-shirt my company ordered me to wear, smiling at stupid, bored tourists."

So it's likely the two kinds are bound to meet. The older female tourist and the young local.

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
mmmmmmm I love happy stories. [Smile] It gives me hope. Thanks so much for posting this BIC RUNGA ROXX.

PS. What is BIC RUNGA ROXX? [Confused]

[Big Grin] ok..you are welcome..life isn`t always so bright..there are always times when we need to stick to hopes of seeing light at the end of the tunnel...me and my wife thank god for what we have..and we thank you back...and..
try this...and tell me later if BIC RUNGA ROXX or not..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WF2Js0Mc_s

She Roxx... [Big Grin]

Posted by Habeeby (Member # 14429) on :

WOW!!!! BIC RUNGA ROXX for sure [Big Grin] You have excellent taste in music [Smile] I am impressed...

quote:
BCR..that is a wonderful outline of your family life thank you for sharing [Smile] [Smile]

you are welcome..we both posted this in another thread..
not the same reponse i am afraid..
[Frown]
we were attacked ..and insulted..
anyway..ppl are different...it is a fact that we must accept..
[Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by BIC RUNGA ROXX:
quote:

[Frown]

Awww, poor thing. Here, take a kiss from my punk fluffy unicorn.

quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
She Roxx... [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
WOW!!!! BIC RUNGA ROXX for sure [Big Grin] You have excellent taste in music [Smile] I am impressed...

we are so glad that we have the same opinion with someone in this forum.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
quote:

[Frown]

Awww, poor thing. Here, take a kiss from my punk fluffy unicorn.
[Eek!]
too bad that manners is something people cann`t buy..
may God be with you..

Posted by Makbeta (Member # 14401) on :

If aaall people were the same, the world would be sooo boring.

We need varied opinions in order to change and develop. I sometimes hear things that hurt me first but they are helpful in the long run.

This is my humble opinion - not personal, just general. [Wink]

BRR You need to grow a sack. Seriously.

quote:

quote:
BCR..that is a wonderful outline of your family life thank you for sharing

BRB quoted:- you are welcome..we both posted this in another thread..

-----------------------------------------------

No BRB you were not attacked for sharing your love story, you were attacked for condeming Egyptains (women in particular). It was those comments I (and others) had a problem with not the fact that you have met a lovely lady and are happy.

Anyway you have apologised and i accept but please do not go on other threads and tell untruths

I just thought i would clarify
[Wink] [Wink]

quote:

No BRB you were not attacked for sharing your love story, you were attacked for condeming Egyptains (women in particular). It was those comments I (and others) had a problem with not the fact that you have met a lovely lady and are happy.

He did - on this thread? Where?? I think I am missing something here.

No tiger, on the thread just moved to Alex. Posted on the looking for friends forum!

[Wink] [Wink]

Oh okay, I am gonna go and check it out!

quote:
No tiger, on the thread just moved to Alex. Posted on the looking for friends forum!

[Wink] [Wink]

you misunderstood it all happybunny...
i attacked the wrong behaviour of bad Egyptian men..like yo ucall them VISA HUNTERS...and said..NOT ALL WOMAN ARE UGLY...do you want me to say that all Egyptian women are pretty for you to be satisfied..??
ain`t true you know..!!
plus again i said that beauty is the beauty inside the person and the looks is what these sick visa hunters are illusioned with...looks of pretty women on TV..looks of green good life they watch on the Cenima screen..
for that the would do crazy things..but not all Egyptian men are Visa hunters...and not all western women are naiive to be fooled...and not all Egyptian women are ugly..and not all egyptian women are bi sexual...this is what i said...
in a different way maybe this way i am understood..!!
obviously there was a big misunderstanding...
and i only appologized for not making my point clear...
i didn`t attack no one...i didn`t use dirty language..i didn`t talk to anyone there without respect..i didn`t insult anyone either..
[Smile]

and again if you read there...someone was personally insulting my wife..he wasn`t critical of my ideas as much going personal...why didn`t you read that..??
or maybe you were reading parts ..and leaving other parts..??? [Wink]

we need a judge so i can defend myself and explain better.. [Big Grin]

quote:
Oh okay, I am gonna go and check it out!

i accept lily as a judge... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
if she says guilty as charged i will accept her verdict.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Did i use dirty language? did i insult you? No i just said your comments on women "so many" are ugly, brain free etc were wrong. That so many were gay, biosexual because they had more freedom that way.

The only reason i said anything here on this thread was because you were implying that people were angry and insulted you because of your beauiful relationship.

I did read all the posts thank you, and yes some where some harsh but i agreed with some like shar when she said instead of just critising do something to change it. Also if you hate it and have no egyptain friends why live there?

I am happy for you having a fantastic relationship and it is always positive when an Egyptain man comes on these boards and can give his views, i just felt you were harsh, you apologised, i accept but please don't think it was about your relationship, which made people react to you [Wink]
I am happy for you
peace [Wink]

quote:
Did i use dirty language? did i insult you? No i just said your comments on women "so many" are ugly, brain free etc were wrong. That so many were gay, biosexual because they had more freedom that way.

The only reason i said anything here on this thread was because you were implying that people were angry and insulted you because of your beauiful relationship.

I did read all the posts thank you, and yes some where some harsh but i agreed with some like shar when she said instead of just critising do something to change it. Also if you hate it and have no egyptain friends why live there?

I am happy for you having a fantastic relationship and it is always positive when an Egyptain man comes on these boards and can give his views, i just felt you were harsh, you apologised, i accept but please don't think it was about your relationship, which made people react to you [Wink]
I am happy for you
peace [Wink]

no dear,it wasn`t you who used the dirty language and the insults.i`m the Mrs. , he`s out of the country in a business trip , so i`ll answer you , it was someone else who was spreading foul language and insults towards me .no idea why he was so angry !
we are trying our best to teach our kids the right things , and we hope that people in Egypt would change for the better , this country is so great but needs people who change things for the better.and we are here to make things right for us and for others around us,
i`ve never seen anyone who loves his country more than him,should have seen him when we came here at the Airport,was a real scene [Big Grin]
thanks for the good feelings , happy that you are also a HAPPY BUNNY [Wink]
jenny

Posted by White Heart (Member # 15045) on :

Hello. I am new here so please bare with me. Can anyone here tell me about the Sharm Gigolos I have heard about. Can anyone tell me how they aproach you, etc. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002428

Posted by YoungEgyptianGuy (Member # 15064) on :

Age is just a number.
Older women with younger guys is the most successful relationship because older women can handle the relationship better than younger women and absorb any argument before it is developed to a fight and then divorce!
These days most newly married couples in Egypt get a divorce in one year time! Isn't that sad!
At the end its chemistry between two where honesty and understanding is the main reason for a successful relationship.

Posted by Mimmi (Member # 3606) on :

Hi Debs,

Enjoy it as long as it lasts.
I have enjoyed my relationship now for almost 7 years and still no end to be seen.
Not many "normal" marriages last forever now a days either.
When I got married to my exhusband I thought it would be forever but it wasn't.
Here over 50% of the maariages end in divorce.
So even if you marry a guy same age from your country and same social class it is no guarantee for the marriage to last.
So 7 years of this older-younger marriage has been7 good years and I would not change any of the years.
We have had our upps and downs
I am hoping for some more happy years

In the end, that's the only thing that counts: that both have a satisfactional relationship. No-one can guarantee a succes, and many factors play a role. People have to rely on their common sense in this, and have to keep in mind that, when there are reasons to doubt, usually your intuition doesn't warn in vain. When feelings are telling you there is something wrong, there IS something wrong! By him, or by yourself. [Wink]

Posted by haro (Member # 14327) on :

is how if you got another honest young guy in 25 old m whose able of working you very well?
pls do there a foreign woman or egyptian searching for african came from france live actualy in cairo/haram .

are ready ???????????

is how if you got another honest young guy in 25 old m whose able of working you very well?
pls do there a foreign woman or egyptian searching for african came from france live actualy in cairo/haram .

are ready ???????????

english translation please!! [Confused]

Posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah (Member # 13948) on :

[Confused]

Posted by Yowza (Member # 14400) on :

[Confused]

shortly wanna get the woman like you or your friend whith is searching for lustfull man to have fun or have sex re;ation with you.
are ready to for this relation?

Yeah, let's have fun! As a start, make yourself public to the people here. What is your name, what is your age, where do you live, and what are you doing to make a living?
At second, what is your father doing for a living?
Do you have any sisters and are they married?
If yes, with whom, where do they live, and what occupations do they have?
What is the amount of the real-estate ownerships in the family?
Do you have a bankaccount?
If yes, by which bank, and what's the saldo?
Debet or credit?
If you have filled in all these questions, you will automatically get part 2.

quote:
Originally posted by haro:

are ready ???????????

[Big Grin]

Posted by elizabethN (Member # 14096) on :

leave it to tigerlily to post something negative.
When their is a age difference you have to deal with different maturity levels. If your up to that then GO FOR IT! Life is to short if you really love this guy. Please make sure you really love him though.

quote:
Originally posted by haro:

are ready ???????????

Yeah im ready, you sure you can cope? [Cool]

Posted by Bastet*Loves*Ptah (Member # 13948) on :

quote:
Originally posted by elizabethN:
leave it to tigerlily to post something negative.
When their is a age difference you have to deal with different maturity levels. If your up to that then GO FOR IT! Life is to short if you really love this guy. Please make sure you really love him though.

It isn't always about love.

Posted by Marmia (Member # 13506) on :

With regard to older women younger men... No one in life has guarantees with a partner.. You could marry a man 10 years younger and they may get ill after five years and the wife partner will care for them.. I suppose everyone likes to think we marry for life but we have to live in the now... enjoy the time we spend together. If you never take a chance in life you may find yourself lonely and miserable waiting for Mr.Right.. you know, someone "Acceptable" in society.. similar age, great personality, looks etc., etc., Dont really think there is a "PERFECT" partner. YOu could marry someone same age and they go off with a younger woman/man 20 years down the line...? It would be sad to think that when I get to a ripe old age Id be sitting alone thinking I wish Id given that relationship a try, or taken a chance on trying a new place, job etc., Life is too short for regrets.. Of course one has be sensible and look into the practicalities of such a venture.. Listen to advice but when its gets down to it.. We all only have one life and its ultimately OUR own decision to choose.

It are always the women who are bringing this up as a justification. I've never heard one man make a justification about his young wife, that could be his daughter in age. Most of them even admit that her intrest in him probably should have been caused by his money, his power, his social status, and that this suits them well, and not because of the way he looks or his nice character.
They are very well aware of the fact that the choice of his young wife shouldn't have happened when he was a poor unimportant man with nothing special to offer...
Money, fame, power, this all are desireable issues for young girls without any pssibility to get that theirselves.

Age is not the problem, i don't mind at all getting married to a woman who is older than me as long as we understand each other, i don't care about age i care about feelings and chemistry between us more

I dont agree that all young men/women marry older men women for money/status etc., TRUE LOVE does still exist.... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. Its only society that is judgemental .... conditioning us to do what is expected, what is the norm.. even if that means total misery for life.. so long as we "Do what is acceptable" According to who?... Who wrote the rules? Just thinking about George Clooney.. He's handsome rich, and by all accounts a "nice guy" I suppose he could have the choice of many rich, beautiful & famous women, he's not desperate at all, but has fallen for an ex waitress - Demi Moore is happily married to Ashton Kutcher.. Big age difference but they are both attractive and rich.. no ulterior motives there!

Maybe one day some one will prove that this theory is totally wrong Marima [Smile]

Well said Y E Guy.. Its all about love friendship respect and genuine feelings no matter what the age difference.

I agree with you totally Marmia.

I am not attracted to girls of my same age no more! and i had this feelings like 5 years ago, i started to see them so hollow and air headed not all of them but most of them.
I don't know why i am attracted to older women. but i can guarantee you that money/status etc., has nothing to do with this! i can even give her money if she wants to i don't need any one's money nor i am looking for a green card or another nationality, its all about the company if i found that other person i am looking for i Will be happy with her even if we were living in the poorest country in the whole world.

Hi Young at Heart, nice to hear from you.. thanks.. Young E Male.. It is so refreshing to hear a younger man saying this from your heart.. you have nothing to gain by not telling the truth so good to hear you say this.. Ive heard similar from others... Maybe this will help to allow sceptics to see things in a different light?

quote:
Originally posted by YoungEgyptianGuy:
Maybe one day some one will prove that this theory is totally wrong Marima [Smile]

many have but no one listens or believes it. I am older than my hubby, I have no money and he knows it, but we're still together and happy and I know im loved and he knows he is. I have friends in similar situations, one in particular lives in UK, 20 years age difference, he got his UK passport a few years ago but is still with her and loves her to bits and is now nursing her through cancer. Not all Egyptian men go for money, some actually 'feel'. [Wink]

Hi Y a Heart.. Nice to hear from you.. Thanks.. Y E Guy.. Its so refreshing to hear what you have to say.. I know of others that feel the same way as you do.. Perhaps when sceptics read what you have to say it will allow them to be more understanding and not so cynical

There will always be the living examples, proving a statement in common, does not count on them, in every statement possible!
Imagine yourself the next situation: You`re sitting on a terrace, watching people passing by. It's enjoyable, and as far as I know, everybody is doing this: the people who are passing by, are judged based on what we see.
We judge their outer appearance. When there is an older man with a younger woman, we all judge that he must have had something to offer, specially when the woman is foreign: from Asia or former Eastern-European. We all lable the women as gold-seekers.

Another example: professional footballplayers.
(soccer) We all know that, in common, this are not the most intellegent and educated people on the world, and many times they are not exactly Mr. Perfect. Sometimes they are even ugly. But, however he is ugly and stupid, they all have a very beautifull wife. And everybody thinks this is normal, because this girls are out on fame and fortune, we all lable them as goldseekers, and nobody believes she would even be interested in such a man when he was working in a supermarket or a factory. He wouldn't have many chances on marriage-market because he is ugly, stupid, and has nothing to offer. His football-skills however, are changing this. He has fame and fortune, so the girls are waiting in lines...

Imagine yourself a middle-aged woman, divorced, and almost grown-up children out of her former relationship. No fame, no fortune and outer appearance is not exactly as what it was 25 years ago. No young man around wouldn't even pay interest in her. Men of her age are also out of the question, they are seeking for the younger ones, less complicated and more attractive. Or the men are just to bad themselves, because they also have "a past".
Why would a young man out of your own country pay no interest, and why would that be so different for that same young man out of second world countries?

Do you really believe these young men should pay interest when you should be an Egyptian middle-aged woman with kids? Triple NO. They wouldn't.

Do you really believe this beautifull girls out of the footballplayers example would be interested when he wasn't a footballplayer???

Do you really believe this young Asiatic women would chose a middle-aged loser out of her own country???

Think logically. And think in common. Because exceptions on main rules are everywhere.

quote:
Imagine yourself the next situation: You`re sitting on a terrace, watching people passing by. It's enjoyable, and as far as I know, everybody is doing this: the people who are passing by, are judged based on what we see.
We judge their outer appearance. When there is an older man with a younger woman, we all judge that he must have had something to offer, specially when the woman is foreign: from Asia or former Eastern-European. We all lable the women as gold-seekers.

No not everybody is doing this, not everybody is so judgemental based on what they see, not everybody thinks the way you do or sees the same things as you do or judges as you do.

quote:
Another example: professional footballplayers.
(soccer) We all know that, in common, this are not the most intellegent and educated people on the world, and many times they are not exactly Mr. Perfect. Sometimes they are even ugly. But, however he is ugly and stupid, they all have a very beautifull wife. And everybody thinks this is normal, because this girls are out on fame and fortune, we all lable them as goldseekers, and nobody believes she would even be interested in such a man when he was working in a supermarket or a factory. He wouldn't have many chances on marriage-market because he is ugly, stupid, and has nothing to offer. His football-skills however, are changing this. He has fame and fortune, so the girls are waiting in lines...

again you are stereotyping. Not all footballers are stupid and not all footballers wives are bimbo gold diggers, you need serious help on being not so judgemental.

quote:
Imagine yourself a middle-aged woman, divorced, and almost grown-up children out of her former relationship. No fame, no fortune and outer appearance is not exactly as what it was 25 years ago. No young man around wouldn't even pay interest in her. Men of her age are also out of the question, they are seeking for the younger ones, less complicated and more attractive. Or the men are just to bad themselves, because they also have "a past".
Why would a young man out of your own country pay no interest, and why would that be so different for that same young man out of second world countries?

again not all women who are past their 20s are past it, some are even better looking better at everything than they were 25 years ago and have no problems getting a man to pay interest in her own country, older, younger or same age.

quote:
Do you really believe these young men should pay interest when you should be an Egyptian middle-aged woman with kids? Triple NO. They wouldn't
erm, why should a western woman be a middle aged Egyptian woman? they are not, they are western and to SOME Egyptians they are more appealing due to their confidential attitude more than anything else!

quote:
Think logically. And think in common. Because exceptions on main rules are everywhere.
This is not thinking logically this is thinking judgementally. These are not rules, there are no rules when it comes to who is attracted to whom. Why think in common to some text book you have read? we are not all the same, people are very diverse, there is no such thing as a typical human being no matter where they are from.

Are you from a former communist country??

quote:

Are you from a former communist country??

What does this question have to do with the topic???

I was talking in general, Ayisha, and I mentioned that. And as Tigerlily asked, what has my country to do with the topic? Does that has to do with the remark Sono made once, about my so called colonial eastern european background?
I already told this here, she is FAR away from the truth in this.
Want you to read my new topic, that I'm going to place in minutes. It's about the opposite..

Posted by cheekyferret (Member # 15263) on :

I am young at heart and older guys just can't seem to keep up the pace. I am attracted to the confidence, energy and spontinaity of a young guy but if I met an older guy who floated my boat I would date them!

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
I am young at heart and older guys just can't seem to keep up the pace. I am attracted to the confidence, energy and spontinaity of a young guy but if I met an older guy who floated my boat I would date them!

---------------------------------------------
No your're not I am [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

lmao... got me there!

Posted by Mimmi (Member # 3606) on :

Who has the right to judge other peoples lives.
I think it should not be anybodys business age difference or not.
As long as everybody is happy and not harming anybody else.
I am a Western woman that has been happy together with a younger Egypten man for 6,5 years now.
I have alwys attracted younger men.
In the past at clubs and discos (when I was still young)it was mostly younger men that showed interest in me.
As long as you behave proper with respect and dignity so why not let people be in a ralationship with whoever they want that is not any business of any outsiders especially not to judge and especially if you do not know the persons involved.
Live and let live !!
There are many starnge relationships and unhappy relationships even when there is no age difference.
I am happy and it works for us and 6,5 years is quite a long time already.
I know many normal couples who have got divorced in much shorter time.
If I would not be with the younger Egyptian man at the moment I am sure I would be with a younger Western man.

quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
If I would not be with the younger Egyptian man at the moment I am sure I would be with a younger Western man.

Well said Mimmi...

Posted by Snidely Whiplash (Member # 15126) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Who has the right to judge other peoples lives.
I think it should not be anybodys business age difference or not.
As long as everybody is happy and not harming anybody else.
I am a Western woman that has been happy together with a younger Egypten man for 6,5 years now.
I have alwys attracted younger men.
In the past at clubs and discos (when I was still young)it was mostly younger men that showed interest in me.
As long as you behave proper with respect and dignity so why not let people be in a ralationship with whoever they want that is not any business of any outsiders especially not to judge and especially if you do not know the persons involved.
Live and let live !!
There are many starnge relationships and unhappy relationships even when there is no age difference.
I am happy and it works for us and 6,5 years is quite a long time already.
I know many normal couples who have got divorced in much shorter time.

How much younger?

western women are totally diffeent than egyptian women.

I think if you compared between a western woman and egyptian woman of the same age, the egyptian woman will look way older that her real age while the western woman will look younger

Why is that!

quote:

I think if you compared between a western woman and egyptian woman of the same age, the egyptian woman will look way older that her real age while the western woman will look younger

Why is that!

Have to say that even Egy men look older than their real age,so it's not only the women.

WEll to be honest, i would much rather look younger, i want to keep my youth as long as possible.
Im 36 now, and the workers in the school thought i was 25 so how bad is that?.
Better keep younger than look older for sure.
Looking younger and having a a modern happy out look is keeping me younger for sure.
Im not ready to be an old stuck in the mud right now.
I guess healthy eating helps, and not so much is going on here in egypt, sorry but just my opinion.

I am speaking purely for myself and not all western woman (obviously) as I guess there could be dozens of reasons...

I personally have no money worries, children, stress, any pressures, family issues or any expectations to live up to.

I lead a very simplistic yet hedonistic life and I am so not ready to settle dowm. I see many Egyptian women my age with a line of children and large homes and families to run and look after. I think life pressures age you! Women seem to have to grow up much quicker...

That and the sun ages you!!! but that may just be something my Mum always told me to stop me from lying in it for weeks at a time!

Posted by miffmiss (Member # 14978) on :

quote:

Why is that!

Oil of Olay [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
WEll to be honest, i would much rather look younger, i want to keep my youth as long as possible.
Im 36 now, and the workers in the school thought i was 25 so how bad is that?.
Better keep younger than look older for sure.
Looking younger and having a a modern happy out look is keeping me younger for sure.
Im not ready to be an old stuck in the mud right now.
I guess healthy eating helps, and not so much is going on here in egypt, sorry but just my opinion.

Yup,you are correct.Taking care of ourselves helps a lot in looking younger than our biologic age.Healthy eating habits,trying to move/exercise your body...etc.I guess this change in lifestyle has yet not taken in much into Egyptian society as a whole.

[Cool]

Posted by Penny (Member # 1925) on :

I think its got alot to do with lack of exercise and general life motivation. Diet also plays a big part.

The Egyptian lifestyle is not a healthy one even though most Egyptians seem to think they have the best food in the world.

So many Egyptian women seem to stop taking care of themselves once they have children and put all their energies into looking the children and keep back nothing for themselves. Few seem to take any proper exercise so that combined with a carbohydrate loaded diet leads to serious weight gain.

Strange really because isn't it in the Koran that men and women should take care of themselves, exercise and make the best of themselves for their partner?

No you are right.
I move quick as i walk, i notice egyptians tend to walk like snails. Even a fast brisk walk works wonders totally.
But you are what you eat, so goodness in your body will make you good all over.

quote:
quote:

Why is that!

Have to say that even Egy men look older than their real age,so it's not only the women.
I dont agree with that Sash
when people guess my age they awlways think i am 4 or 5 years younger! and some times 6!

quote:
Originally posted by miffmiss:
quote:

Why is that!

Oil of Olay [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Prevage antiaging system serious disciple here. [Big Grin] [Wink]

They just dont, most of the time there is nothing served on the table green, i need fruits and salad ect everyday, plus lack of sugar and salt would be a good idea.
Stop frying all in oil, oil is used for cooking in things too, i never did that in my life.
Just change the diet is all it needs and move fast, drink mineral water, not tape, cause that alone is a killer in my eyes, better open a bottle of bleach and drink from it, it certainly smells the same. yuk, i hate the water here

quote:
No you are right.
I move quick as i walk, i notice egyptians tend to walk like snails. Even a fast brisk walk works wonders totally.
But you are what you eat, so goodness in your body will make you good all over.

So right YR walking is wonderful, one day I will find a good walking partner for now it has to be sunglasses, IPOD and ignore the strange looks. People think you are very odd here when you want to walk for exercise.

quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I think its got alot to do with lack of exercise and general life motivation. Diet also plays a big part.

The Egyptian lifestyle is not a healthy one even though most Egyptians seem to think they have the best food in the world.

So many Egyptian women seem to stop taking care of themselves once they have children and put all their energies into looking the children and keep back nothing for themselves. Few seem to take any proper exercise so that combined with a carbohydrate loaded diet leads to serious weight gain.

Strange really because isn't it in the Koran that men and women should take care of themselves, exercise and make the best of themselves for their partner?

Absolutely agree with this.About the best food thing have to say that "best food" for most people means delicious,tasty,but not necessarily healthy.This 2 are totally different things.
And the part about the women that once the hit on marriage stop taking care of themselves applies to lots of different cultures,is not necessarily an Egy thing.

speaking of marriage makes me want to get married right now and go home to my imaginary lovely wife and eat her imaginary food and sleeping in my imaginary bedroom beside my imaginary lovely wife..that was before waking up to the alarm to go to work again [Smile]

quote:
quote:
quote:

Why is that!

I dont agree with that Sash
when people guess my age they awlways think i am 4 or 5 years younger! and some times 6!

Maybe you dont,YEG,but i've met quite a number that certainly do.I knew one that was 37 years old,but looked noo less than 50!!!Soo much that he even recognized it.Even closer acquaintances told him.

Hheheeheheh i wont stop to care, its a great thing to take pride in yourself. they need to learn from us.

quote:
speaking of marriage makes me want to get married right now and go home to my imaginary lovely wife and eat her imaginary food and sleeping in my imaginary bedroom beside my imaginary lovely wife..that was before waking up to the alarm to go to work again [Smile]

That's sweet of you,YEG! [Wink] Don't rush,it will happen when you least expect it.

quote:
Hheheeheheh i wont stop to care, its a great thing to take pride in yourself. they need to learn from us.

Not me,neither.For me is like brushing my teeth or hair,like taking a shower.A routine i pride myself into. I need to like myself,first of all. [Smile]

quote:

Why is that!

I think you are mistaken. Namely, it is not that every Western woman looks younger as her age, there are numbers of women who are looking older.
The way somebody looks is very much dependant on social class. It is a whole lot more easy to look good when there is enough money. She can feed herself in the right way, she can buy clothes that make her look better, she can afford a good hairdresser, she visits a dentist regularry, and if needed she can go to healthclubs to lose weight. Even overweighted she can look better as a woman who is poor.
A poor woman shall have worries, it signs her face!
You won't see this poor women in Egypt, they simply don't have the money to go on a holiday.
All this is in common, of course. But when you take a look at the rich women in your country, you will se they are looking much better and younger as the poor women in your country.

quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:

Why is that!

I think you are mistaken. Namely, it is not that every Western woman looks younger as her age, there are numbers of women who are looking older.
The way somebody looks is very much dependant on social class. It is a whole lot more easy to look good when there is enough money. She can feed herself in the right way, she can buy clothes that make her look better, she can afford a good hairdresser, she visits a dentist regularry, and if needed she can go to healthclubs to lose weight. Even overweighted she can look better as a woman who is poor.
You won't see this poor women in Egypt, they simply don't have the money to go on a holiday.
All this is in common, of course. But when you take a look at the rich women in your country, you will se they are looking much better and younger as the poor women in your country.

I was going to write exactly these things.
Thanks ????? [Smile]

i have been abroad a lot and i am speaking of experience.
Western women do look younger than egyptian women.
Even the poor women in europe look younger than the poor women in Egypt.

Youth can ooze from the inside too... I think if you feel sprightly you are sprightly!

Walking for excercise does confuse a few Egyptians but I have seen more speed walkers doing circuits of the park more over the last year or so...

I have to be a typical ex-smoker and apologise but living in all that smoke can't be good for the complexion. Don't shoot me down, I have the es smoker syndrome!

I pass for many years younger as well [Smile]

Conditions YEG [Smile]

That does not mean only money.
Weather and eating habits as well.

I think a lot of women look younger now a days. I have the two extreames in grandparents. I have my grandma who loved to be ill and died at 65 (looking 80) having not left the house for 15 years. She hardly got out of her bed clothes and wanted everyone to do everything for her.
Then i have my Granny who is 80 and still goes skiing, snow biking, loves to drive and will never give up her independance she doesnt look a day over 65 and always looks imaculate. Even when doing the gardening she wears a tailored suit. She swears its because she has always eaten well, lived life to the full, plenty of excercise and only drives if it is over 2 miles or she will have too much to carry. (she even caused a stir in France last year because they said she was "too old" to do a bungee jump)

quote:
i have been abroad a lot and i am speaking of experience.
Western women do look younger than egyptian women.
Even the poor women in europe look younger than the poor women in Egypt.

In that case I just don't agree with you....and when you should think a bit logically you would know I'm right>>>> [Wink]

I don't agree with the young Egyptian fella here either.

A lot has to do with genetics, exposure to sun, smoking habit etc.

a bunch of western women
patting themselves on the back
for looking good

vomit

Gotta make the most of what ya got...

quote:
Originally posted by Snidely Whiplash:
a bunch of western women
for looking good

vomit

I thought it, you said it! [Big Grin]
When the majority of women should live the lifes of the poorer classes in Egypt, they also would look older. In general.

Posted by Pothead_Barbie (Member # 15091) on :

quote:
a bunch of western women
for looking good

vomit

oh my gawd dude, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?
did u get rejected by a hot chick or something????

u dont know how miserable u are making urself look,,,,u think ur being funny but im sure we all sitting here like, wtf???? are u kidding me?????

[Roll Eyes] [Confused]

a bunch of western women
for looking good

vomit

heres one for you...

an ugly bitter pimply faced greaseball
writing sh*t on the messageboard
because he cant get laid

laugh

or how about

a bunch of western women
because they didnt allow SOME MAN
to treat them like a baby making slave
who is about to curl up and die from swollen legs, a weak heart and exhaustion
from all the BS he put her thru in life
at the early age of 50.

Why do some people always assume ( no matter what the discussion) that we are talking about the poorer classes.
I don't think anyone here is insensitive enough to be comparing western women with the poorer classes of Egyptian women.

quote:
vomit

Well let me pass you the bucket quickly!! [Big Grin]

Barbie i see you got to use opne of your new words. lol.

quote:
Why do some people always assume ( no matter what the discussion) that we are talking about the poorer classes.
I don't think anyone here is insensitive enough to be comparing western women with the poorer classes of Egyptian women.

We don't.
Read back, then you will understand.
The (discussed) statement was that looking younger as you are, is also inherent to social class, because money offers more possibilities to look good. ( Clothes, dentist, hairdresser, healthy food, easier life )
The conclusion was that poor women with hard lifes in common are looking older because of the bad circumstances. ( No healthy food, hard life, worries etc.)
It's not Egyptian, it is worldwide!

I thought we were discussing YEG's question as to why western women look younger than their counterparts in Egypt??

Of course social class will have a big impact on the way you age but I think YEG was asking within the same social classes.

YEG wrote:

Why is that!

I don't agree in his statement. When you're taking an old schoolphoto, collect all the females again, and picture them on a higher age, you will see huge differences. It's is because of the life-circumstances. When you should collect 10 poor women, 10 middle-class women, and 10 rich women, all from the same age, you'll see the difference! In EVERY country of the world!!! Poor in Egypt is not the same as poor in the UK! An English, german or American woman, raised in Egypt, living in similar circumstances will not look younger then the Egyptian.IMHO.

Posted by *Misho* (Member # 12012) on :

quote:
quote:

Why is that!

That in my opinion is a reasonable post.

OT: For YoungEgyptianGuy,,I dont know you personally but I find your post above is kinda strange,,And it isnt actually clear if its a question or you just wondering or feeling sorry or this sort!!

Well,,Anyway since you are Egyptian who suppose to know well about your egyptian society,,And sure you have a female egyptian members in your family,,As your mother or your sister or any female from your relatives,,What about them??,,Are they look older than their real age is??,,Didnt you ask any of them why before??,,I mean if your post above is a wondering question so it would be more logical to address your question to any of them,,You would get a clearer answer about it,,That would be more logical,,Wouldnt it??,,They would know about themselves more than anyone on this board could know about them,,With all of my respect to every woman on here,,But I assume they are not egyptians and cannot talk about the egyptian woman as she can talk about herself.

quote:

I am not attracted to girls of my same age no more! and i had this feelings like 5 years ago, i started to see them so hollow and air headed not all of them but most of them.

I disagree with this strange statment as well,,However its your own opinion,,But you should say most of the girls as " I " knew them were like that,,But to say most of them generally is inappropriate,,Or it would be then okay for anyone to say most egyptian men "not all" are just an asshole bastards who run after money,visa and sex..

Me personally see LOTS,LOTS and LOT of them-egyptian girls-are either helpless because of some bastards in their family or they are so strong enough to take the responsibility of things more than even their men,,And I assure you their brains arent from that kind of air headed like many men indeed are on the land of facts,,As for example someone like "Israa" the young egyptian girl who being jailed for the strike and many many other examples..

Also by some meditation we will find that in universities the higher percentage of success and excellence are more between female students in most collegs more than guy students who are in their age,,While that it seem that most guys are only care about make their hair drowning in a tons of gel,,Or pick up as much as girls they can or marrying them urfi then throwing them away,,Many girls specially those from rural and local areas care so much about attend their classes and write the lectures letter by letter in their note books and at the end of year the gel guys runing after them to take a copy of their note books.

Am I wrong about that??

However,,Its about personal opinions,,Good luck in finding your beautiful imaginary lovely wife [Wink]

Wish the best for all,,

Assalam Alykkum

quote:
but I think YEG was asking within the same social classes.

Well,,I just would like to know from what social class is YEG,,Since he said that he could give the woman who he could be with the money she would want then he is from good or high social class according to him,,Its not my business anyway and im sorry in advance to let my nose into his personal life,,But Im just curious to know if women in his family are like what he said or not??,,And Why??!!

How are you Penny??,,Hope you doing well [Smile]

Misho
your posts are totally pointless!

I have an idea why dont you give me your mother's or sister's or any female of your relatives' contact phone number and email address so i can ask them about their opinion!

I regret wasting 4 minutes of my time reading your comments LOL Damn it

Why don't you close this forum and tell everyone here to go ask his relatives and friends and maybe go to the library to read some books instead of posting any questions on ES maybe we have to get your approval on our posts before thinking of posting them!

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013866;p=1#000000

Misho,
you started this thread June 2007 and i quote " i just wanna ask every western man/woman who visited egypt or live in it...

after ur visited to egypt or living in it..,will u tell me honestly pls what is ur experiences about the egyption society ????

i just wanna see my people by ur eyes... "

why were you asking foreigners to tell you about the Egyptian society YOUR society and begging them to tell you their experience while you were so surprised that i was wondering why Egyptian women look older than western women of their same age! at least i wasn't asking about my whole society LOL

well i'm gorgeous an i know it ! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

quote:
Misho
your posts are totally pointless!

I have an idea why dont you give me your mother's or sister's or any female of your relatives' contact phone number and email address so i can ask them about their opinion!

I regret wasting 4 minutes of my time reading your comments LOL Damn it

Why don't you close this forum and tell everyone here to go ask his relatives and friends and maybe go to the library to read some books instead of posting any questions on ES maybe we have to get your approval on our posts before thinking of posting them!

^^^ Well,,Its so clear that I didnt request your mother's phone number,,And on the other hand I stated clearly it wasnt my business to ask you about them and apologized in advance,,I was just stating my thoughts about your good strong posts about the egyptian women which you put them through it in specific list including your female relatives since you who genearlized not me.

But anyway Im so sorry dude for make you waste your important time in reading my stupid comments and reply to them,,You shouldnt have to and you sure dont have to answer my questions as well if you dont want,,Its a public forum and as you are free to put your thoughts,,Im also free,,And you are so free to ignore them if you didnt like them.

Still wishing for you the best about your beautiful imaginary dream,, [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by manx:
well i'm gorgeous an i know it ! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

*elbows Manx hard*

shhhhhhhhhh! [Roll Eyes]

quote:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013866;p=1#000000

Misho,
you started this thread June 2007 and i quote " i just wanna ask every western man/woman who visited egypt or live in it...

after ur visited to egypt or living in it..,will u tell me honestly pls what is ur experiences about the egyption society ????

i just wanna see my people by ur eyes... "

why were you asking foreigners to tell you about the Egyptian society YOUR society and begging them to tell you their experience while you were so surprised that i was wondering why Egyptian women look older than western women of their same age! at least i wasn't asking about my whole society LOL

^^^Ummm,,I thought you was regret wasting your time to read my comments,,But you know what,,Its nice to know that you interested then to search in my history.. [Smile]

Anyway,,Its obviously that I wasnt beg anyone as you stated above,,Show me where that happened if you dont mind,,And on the other hand the difference is so clear between my thread and your post,,I was asking clearly how does the western eye look at living in my country,,And I didnt interfered to affect by anyway on their opinions,,While here its obviously you was not asking as its an attempt to genarlize something about the egyptian females,,You refused even the opinion of "?????" when she said her opinion and answered her by that "i have been abroad a lot and i am speaking of experience,,Even the poor women in europe look younger than the poor women in Egypt."

So since you seem to have a great experience about the issue,,I just wanted to know your opinion and find out about it,,Im just an inexperiend man who wanted to get some info and more experience from you "Menak nastfeed yakhoya ya bta3 el khebra kolha".

My question was asking a question without stating any opinions about specific thing toward my society,,While yours is stating an opinion,,and believe it so much in a questionnaire form,,Isnt that kinda different??!!!,,So out of curiosity I just wanted to know more about your experiend opinion so I can abroad my limited knowledge,,What is the wrong of that??!!! [Confused]

However,,Im so sorry for disturbing you by my pointless comments,,Again you shouldnt bother yourself reading or answering them,,Relax,,And Im wishing for the third time the best about your dream [Smile]

Take care [Wink]

i think the egyptian women look older is because they have a hard life....the sun damage, the extreme poluution in the air from the car exhaust and the dust from that damn mountain, and the lack of a good facial soap...plus, they tend to wear a lot of foundation makeup and that makes it worse and im sorry but egyptian food is so damn greasy....there are too many toxins in the food the water and the air and that is murder to the delicate skin we have on our faces. being overweight plays a part in it too...the farther your skin is pushed away from the heart by fat, the less oxygen it gets, therefore the skin loses it collegen, and its skin tone....lots of women use oils on their face there too and oil is the number one cause of uneven skin tone.

but wait...the water flows both ways here....all the egyptian men i have seen tend to look a lot older too. when my ex's brother was 15 he came to the states and omg, he looked like he was 25 all tall and big and sportin fine lines around the eyes and a moustache!

<and the lack of a good facial soap...>

[Confused]

Heyyy...i've seen and met personally 2 gorgeous looking Egy gals,and yess,they do get to use good facial soap. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
I was talking in general, Ayisha, and I mentioned that. And as Tigerlily asked, what has my country to do with the topic? Does that has to do with the remark Sono made once, about my so called colonial eastern european background?
I already told this here, she is FAR away from the truth in this.
Want you to read my new topic, that I'm going to place in minutes. It's about the opposite..

sorry, it has nothing to do with anything sono said, i was wondering because you seem to try to put people into boxes if you know what I mean, like make things 'uniform' or 'text book'. I didnt mean anything bad by it. [Wink]

I look 10 years older if I had a rough night sleeping!! [Wink]

quote:

[Confused]

Heyyy...i've seen and met personally 2 gorgeous looking Egy gals,and yess,they do get to use good facial soap. [Roll Eyes]

ok let me clarify....
good facial soap meaning, not the lye based bar soap that people use on their bodies....trust me, it catches up with u.

and if they do use good facial soap, well then isnt that the point i was making?? they are gorgeous and use good soap...so whats the rolling of the eyes for? [Roll Eyes]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RKQudoxec&feature=related

how boring.....i couldnt get past the first 10 seconds.

quote:
Originally posted by Pothead_Barbie:
quote:

[Confused]

ok let me clarify....
good facial soap meaning, not the lye based bar soap that people use on their bodies....trust me, it catches up with u.

and if they do use good facial soap, well then isnt that the point i was making?? they are gorgeous and use good soap...so whats the rolling of the eyes for? [Roll Eyes]

Of course i know what a "good facial soap"is.No need to clarify this.

Posted by EgyptianDoc77 (Member # 3777) on :

Now we are talking about aging process.. This is very interesting but needs a lot of time to talk. Last week i was talking to a TV interview about aging coz we had just finsihed a study on antiaging products,( cream, serum, and lots of cosmetic dermatology products). Anyway physical aging is related to many factors.

1. Intrinsic aging or internal aging which is reflected on skin is due to genes mostly and studies shows that pairs of non identical twins in the same extrernal environments when followed showed different signs of aging regarding the time of development
2. Sun and Ultraviolet exposure is what is called photoaging causes some genetic changes that can speed up aging progress specially if ur not protecting well ( many people in egypt disregard sunblocks or sunscreens and i remember many of my patients used to express uneasiness when i advised with suncreens)

3. Stress,living conditions,peace of mind and psychological role plays an important factor too

Very intersting subject

You are as old as the man you are feeling [Wink]

I could never have plastic surgery, I would hate to have the face of a 20 year old and the ass of a 60 year old.

when i was there i had to walk around with an umbrella all the time.
i keep up with a good spray tan, to avoid sun exposure.

but many egyptians have that thick oily mediterranean skin in which i thought kinda protected them from this.

but ya doc, stress does effect ur looks. i think i dropped 5 years since my marriage ended. im all glowing and firm now, as back then i was drab and grey looking. even the small lines around my eyes have disappeared...i think tears are acid to the skin.

quote:
Originally posted by Pothead_Barbie:
when i was there i had to walk around with an umbrella all the time.
i keep up with a good spray tan, to avoid sun exposure.

but many egyptians have that thick oily mediterranean skin in which i thought kinda protected them from this.

but ya doc, stress does effect ur looks. i think i dropped 5 years since my marriage ended. im all glowing and firm now, as back then i was drab and grey looking. even the small lines around my eyes have disappeared...i think tears are acid to the skin.

Very right that we egyptians are skin types 3-5 mostly..Skin types are 1-6 according to fitzpatrick classification and yeah not only skin consistency and thickness is what protects but also skin color due to melanin but again the changing frequencies of radiation exposures nowadays and greater sun exposure times plus ozone layer problems do affect nowadays..So its all changing and protection levels are changing too..

quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
Now we are talking about aging process.. This is very interesting but needs a lot of time to talk. Last week i was talking to a TV interview about aging coz we had just finsihed a study on antiaging products,( cream, serum, and lots of cosmetic dermatology products). Anyway physical aging is related to many factors.

1. Intrinsic aging or internal aging which is reflected on skin is due to genes mostly and studies shows that pairs of non identical twins in the same extrernal environments when followed showed different signs of aging regarding the time of development
2. Sun and Ultraviolet exposure is what is called photoaging causes some genetic changes that can speed up aging progress specially if ur not protecting well ( many people in egypt disregard sunblocks or sunscreens and i remember many of my patients used to express uneasiness when i advised with suncreens)

3. Stress,living conditions,peace of mind and psychological role plays an important factor too

Very intersting subject

thanks for the explanation Doc, i was just wondering about the reason why Egyptian women look older than western women of the same age!
but never knew that it will change the direction of this thread that way [Smile]
ES is crazy [Smile]
You can start a thread talking about something and end up talking about something else LOL

I put my pic on friends reunited last night and today got a message from a girl from school saying I still look the same as I did then [Big Grin]

I have not had a great life, certainly not as bad as the majority of Egyptian women in many ways but never been rich, never had it all good, worked hard and had my fair share of hardhips and stress, had hair done at a hairdressers about every 15 years!! no gym exercise, eat pretty poorly if at all, diet of coffee and fags and I still look like I did at school? either I look great for my age or I always looked this bad [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I very rarely have used 'soap' on my face though, I use water mostly and the occassionaly scrub, 'soap' dries my skin out too much. I think as someone said before, that its what you are inside that makes what you look like outside. I have known women much younger than me that look more like my mother, these are ones whose 'life' seems to have ended early. Like Missmiffs bunjee jumping granny I did my first abseil at 40 off the Council House of my city for charity, blindfold as it was for the blind, a year later I did a blindfolded 4 wheel drive thing through a mine field (not a real one), sense of adventure keeps you looking young I think.

*edit* as TL says though, a bad nights sleep adds 10 years [Big Grin] Hubby also says when im not happy I look lots older [Roll Eyes] so I said 'keep me happy then' [Cool] [Wink]

quote:
quote:

Very intersting subject

thanks for the explanation Doc, i was just wondering about the reason why egyptian women look older than western women of the same age!
but never knew that it will change the direction of this thread that way [Smile]
ES is crazy [Smile]
you can start a thread talking about something and end up talking about something else at the end LOL

You are welcome dear..Its crazy yeah ES but again its interesting to see how a path of a question is diverted and your question is very interesting by the way..

EgyptianDoc77:

What would be your recommendations to help us go thru the aging process the best way possible?That is,to extend whatever might be left of our youth? [Smile]

quote:
EgyptianDoc77:

What would be your recommendations to help us go thru the aging process the best way possible?That is,to extend whatever might be left of our youth? [Smile]

'

Being part of this forum for long now and that i like all people overhere i hopefully will post a questionnaire for you all to take and identify your skin type. The skin typing system will designate you a 4 lettered skin type.. Not just the simple older days skin typing system ( dry, sensitive, oily, combined) that older day system is now inconsistent with the developments in cosmetic dermatology so i will inshallah post you all a skin type questionnaire to take and identify ytour skin type and then accordingly we will take about best skin care regimens that best suit every skin type and i would be happy to take any questions and give advices to all of you

quote:

Very intersting subject

Okay, are the factors life-circumstances stress, peace of mind, good healthcare,and proper food enough to assume that social class plays a big role in aging?
It's obvious that poor middle-aged women in common are looking older as the richer middle aged european women, and that the poor middle aged women in Europe look better as the middle aged women in second world countries, even without being exposed to UVB. WITH UVB it is even worser!

So some woman look good, they still have self esteem issues that they feel they need a younger man, I find it distasteful and very unbecoming for a woman to chase after men younger than their sons, how embarrising for their children
my son would kill me if I ever in my wildest dreams went for a younger man, it is cradel snatching pure and simple and is doomed to fail
there are exceptions to the rule, but that is a small minority the rest is a joke amd the woman should feel ashamed

quote:
Originally posted by *****:
So some woman look good, they still have self esteem issues that they feel they need a younger man, I find it distasteful and very unbecoming for a woman to chase after men younger than their sons, how embarrising for their children
my son would kill me if I ever in my wildest dreams went for a younger man, it is cradel snatching pure and simple and is doomed to fail
there are exceptions to the rule, but that is a small minority the rest is a joke amd the woman should feel ashamed

Depends how you look at it really. I wouldnt say an older woman who has self esteeme issues would be chasing anyone, certainly not a younger man as she would fear rejection from men her own age, being as she has self esteeme issues, so she would hardly be 'chasing' a younger man.

Why would you see it as 'chasing' them anyway? I agree if I saw an older western woman running down the corniche after some boy I would also find that distasteful, but you dont see that a lot [Big Grin]

Your son would kill you if you had a younger man? maybe time you cut the apron strings and told him you have your own life to live [Wink]

quote:
quote:

Very intersting subject

Okay, are the factors life-circumstances stress, peace of mind, good healthcare,and proper food enough to assume that social class plays a big role in aging It's obvious that poor middle-aged women in common are looking older as the richer middle aged european women, and that the poor middle aged women in Europe look better as the middle aged women in second world countries, even without being exposed to UVB. WITH UVB it is even worser!
We didnt say big role but an important role, since they are a constant changing variable among different populations.

If we are talking about variables class wise yeah they influence many things and even your style of life coz its about many things (economic standard, stress, knowledge, access to products, even the perception of a self's image and whether to care or not and about priorities in life).

But yeah in hypothesis you can say poorer classes are supposed to show a significantly early aging process than their richer counterparts

Again physical aging is genetic and the process would start in 2 different individuals at the same time but would never show in one before 40's while could show up easily in others at the 20's..Its not about a number coz biological age is different for everyone of us

Posted by Almaz. (Member # 14025) on :

quote:
quote:
EgyptianDoc77:

'

Being part of this forum for long now and that i like all people overhere i hopefully will post a questionnaire for you all to take and identify your skin type. The skin typing system will designate you a 4 lettered skin type.. Not just the simple older days skin typing system ( dry, sensitive, oily, combined) that older day system is now inconsistent with the developments in cosmetic dermatology so i will inshallah post you all a skin type questionnaire to take and identify ytour skin type and then accordingly we will take about best skin care regimens that best suit every skin type and i would be happy to take any questions and give advices to all of you

What a brilliant idea!

With skin cancer dangers, people should know the different types of skin, to better know their own risk of sun damage, and skin cancers.

Aside from the dry, sensitive, greasy, combined types and their needs, as far as I know, porcelain-like skin, then light or fair skin following, are more at risk to age sooner and/or at higher cancer risk when sun exposed, than olive skin or darker.

Wishing everyone a healthy skin journey! [Cool]

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *****:

Depends how you look at it really. I wouldnt say an older woman who has self esteeme issues would be chasing anyone, certainly not a younger man as she would fear rejection from men her own age, being as she has self esteeme issues, so she would hardly be 'chasing' a younger man.

Why would you see it as 'chasing' them anyway? I agree if I saw an older western woman running down the corniche after some boy I would also find that distasteful, but you dont see that a lot [Big Grin]

Your son would kill you if you had a younger man? maybe time you cut the apron strings and told him you have your own life to live [Wink]

LOL I am married, so no chance of that happening
I was speaking theortically.
Self esteem issues as in they need a young man to make them feel good, confidience boost if you will.
No I dont see thank goodness, I would cringe if I did, but read enough here to make me hair stand on end. I accept older man younger woman
even though the old man is doing the same thing as old woman young man to boost thier morale. The man have the same insecure feelings as the older woman all about image and impressing their friends, the younger woman is after the older mans moola, the younger man is after the older womans moola, true love is very far in between
this holabula, but does happen

Posted by davieschristopher (Member # 15225) on :

Ok, first off, why do people care so much the way they look? I honestly don't care what I look like. Is it just a 'girl' thing? I mean, I wash myself and wear nice clothes and such, but as far as this whole thread goes, does it really make a difference to anyone? I personally don't look for people on the outside. I look toward the innermost thoughts, feelings, and personalty of people. Or am I just missing the whole point of this thread?

<I agree if I saw an older western woman running down the corniche after some boy I would also find that distasteful, but you dont see that a lot>

ROFL [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
EgyptianDoc77:

'

Thanks so much for taking your time.It's a wonderful idea we would appreciate. [Smile]

quote:

Heyy,Snidely.....eavesdropping for antiaging,beauty treatments???? [Big Grin] [Razz]
Welcome,and have a seat!!!! [Wink]

Posted by Lucy Loves Ricky (Member # 12617) on :

quote:
Originally posted by davieschristopher:
Ok, first off, why do people care so much the way they look? I honestly don't care what I look like. Is it just a 'girl' thing? I mean, I wash myself and wear nice clothes and such, but as far as this whole thread goes, does it really make a difference to anyone? I personally don't look for people on the outside. I look toward the innermost thoughts, feelings, and personalty of people. Or am I just missing the whole point of this thread?

Hi, DC, wait till you get about 20 years on your already 19 years, and we'll talk. LOL Or maybe 25 years, since the standards for men are different than women.

quote:
<I agree if I saw an older western woman running down the corniche after some boy I would also find that distasteful, but you dont see that a lot>

ROFL [Big Grin]

I got a good laugh out of that one too. I can just see it now!!! LOL [Big Grin]

what age gap are we talking?

Are we talking eeewwwww that's sick or just a few years?

Posted by tina kamal (Member # 13845) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy Loves Ricky:
quote:

Hi, DC, wait till you get about 20 years on your already 19 years, and we'll talk. LOL Or maybe 25 years, since the standards for men are different than women.
hellllllllllllllllllllll no
hes done with older women!!!!
he will stick to his own age from now on!!!!
i will not accept another older women he knows beter then to bring another one around me!!
i wont be nice next time!!!

tina you go girl !! [Big Grin]

Posted by davieschristopher (Member # 15225) on :

quote:
quote:

Well, I will become 20 on December 13... So I will let you know than! [Big Grin]

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, I will become 20 on December 13... So I will let you know than! [Big Grin]
how will u let her know with yr moms foot up ur asssss????

I think you guys misunderstood me. I was not trying to hit on DC. I am happily married. I was merely pointing out that perhaps he is too young to understand why some people obsess over the way they look.

Maybe in 20 years or 25 years from now when he is 40 or 45 he will better understand how people feel when they are aging.

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

You are one tough momma!! [Big Grin]

np any woman can hit on him!!!
but if shes 10 yrs or older then he better be usin her for money or sex!!!
in that case ummmmmm he better not bring her home to mom like the last one!!
shes my damn age.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
well anyways seems he has a nice gf now!!
he better hold on ti it!!!!!!
cas when my foot flies someones gonna get hemorids!!!!
he may be 19 and my eldest but damnit no child is too old for their mom to kick their asses!!!
my nana always said if u run from me yr screwed!!
u better take it like a man!!!!!!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

You are one tough momma!! [Big Grin]
[Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
what age gap are we talking?

Are we talking eeewwwww that's sick or just a few years?

i think till 10 to 15 years is ok

Posted by sherribaby (Member # 15378) on :

Hi just like to add to all above, first time on this site but I too have a much younger egyptian boyfriend who I met 2 years ago, this relationship has gone from strength to strength, the love has developed slowly. He has never asked me for anything money or otherwise, however I have given him the odd item as a gift when we meet, he too also gives me gifts rings etc. I believe his love is honest and my heart tells me he is 99% honest, (you never know any man 100%) He is not after sex and I truly believe before meeting me he had never even kissed a woman. He would love for us to marry living preferably in england for a better quality of life, but would also be happy for me to live in egypt with him. I am the one who has suggested an orfi certificate in order to take our relationship further, as with his god he cannot without marriage. He is happy with this certificate but explains to me this is not a full marriage certificate. He rings or texts me every day to keep in touch, and discuss's many of his decisions he has to make with me. I truly believe our friendship has developed into something very special. Life is too short to worry whether its going to work or not or what other people think, Just enjoy the love you get if you feel in your heart it is genuine. I married an english man whom I believed would be my husband for ever, however he cheated and lied to me and left me a pennyless single parent of 2 small children and went off with other women. Lifes just too short, ENJOY IT!

Hello, sherribaby, great that you found to us here! Welcome!! [Smile]

Posted by sherribaby (Member # 15378) on :

Hi, happy to have found you all, very interesting reading!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com