This is topic What was Zahi Hawass's Reaction to The Prince of Egypt in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005306

Posted by King_Scorpion (Member # 4818) on :

In the thread about Princess of the Sun, it is shown how Zahi HawASS reacted to it. I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not he came out against this film too...which also shows very dark-skinned Egyptians.

I was watching it today, and could have sworn The Queen was voiced by a black woman (sounds just like it). Come to find out, it's Helen Mirren!!! I was going to reply to a commment someone made a while bacl about The Queen being more African in presentation...and was going to say it was the voice.

Posted by Tigerlily (Member # 3567) on :

Let me guess. He was mad like an Egyptian that this movie wasn't all about him?

[Razz]

Posted by GlobalOne (Member # 13363) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Let me guess. He was mad like an Egyptian that this movie wasn't all about him?

[Razz]

[Confused] Why are you here between Egyptians then. Very BAD TASTLESS GUESS. [Mad]

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

"What was Zahi Hawass's reaction to 'Prince of Egypt'?" I don't know. To be honest, I haven't even heard a peep from him about that movie. Perhaps he is making a fuss about the 'Princess of the Sun' because that one was produced in French and a great deal of his European Egyptological colleagues are French.

Posted by King_Scorpion (Member # 4818) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
"What was Zahi Hawass's reaction to 'Prince of Egypt'?" I don't know. To be honest, I haven't even heard a peep from him about that movie. Perhaps he is making a fuss about the 'Princess of the Sun' because that one was produced in French and a great deal of his European Egyptological colleagues are French.

Or maybe (most likely) he didn't want to piss off the Christian West by attacking the film...many of whom go to Egypt BECAUSE it's in the Bible. See, he can attack Princess of the Sun because it has nothing to do with Western religion.

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

^ Of course, the above is just speculation. We can never be sure what Hawass thinks unless he tells so, or at least until he makes some comment on which we can make some kind of inference. [Wink]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com